Oct 2016 baby

I've lost 2kg within a few days :( whenever I am hungry, I want to eat something, but I don't know what... And when I see food, it makes me sick >_< I am different from the usual bubbly me and I looked sick at work so my colleagues guessed I am pregnant and I did not deny it. I told my bosses so they are prepared.

When I m hungry I will buy small fries fr McDonáld's or chicken nuggets/sotong ball fr Old Chang Kee....have to eat no matter what...hungry man is an angry man :p

Usually gynae will give mc ba. At least for my dr at KKH he will ask if u need mc for the day.
But then what is excuse chit? Is it the same as MC? So give that one will not need to deduct 1 day mc?

Excuse chit = time sheet wh KKH does provide and they will ask me what time I want them to put for leaving the hospital :D

Excuse chit = time sheet wh KKH does provide and they will ask me what time I want them to put for leaving the hospital :D
Ok... but I dunno if my coy will accept this anot. Maybe they will still considered it as MC.. :(
Then like that next year appraisal sure very bad bcos used up all MCs.

I am feeling super tried and sleepy today. Cos these few nights my daughter is having terrible cough and as a result she puke a lot of times in the night. So we have been waking up to clean her and changing bedsheets so frequently that we don't even have time for resting. :(
My eyelids are closing anytime... Haiz...

Ok... but I dunno if my coy will accept this anot. Maybe they will still considered it as MC.. :(
Then like that next year appraisal sure very bad bcos used up all MCs.

Perhaps you can chk with your HR? My previous co HR is a nice lady she will always chase us to go home when ill or ask us to request doctor for MC and will accept 1/2 day MC too...for my current job, my snr posted me a ques "got 1/2 day MC de meh?" wh I cdn't reply too cos I cannot find the answer on MOM website..

All in all depends on whether the company is stingy or not..

I am feeling super tried and sleepy today. Cos these few nights my daughter is having terrible cough and as a result she puke a lot of times in the night. So we have been waking up to clean her and changing bedsheets so frequently that we don't even have time for resting. :(
My eyelids are closing anytime... Haiz...

Hopefully u will get a seat on the train/bus aft work then u can nap a while..:)

Now
Perhaps you can chk with your HR? My previous co HR is a nice lady she will always chase us to go home when ill or ask us to request doctor for MC and will accept 1/2 day MC too...for my current job, my snr posted me a ques "got 1/2 day MC de meh?" wh I cdn't reply too cos I cannot find the answer on MOM website..

All in all depends on whether the company is stingy or not..

Now my coy in a mess.. A lot of ppl left including HR. So now we do not have a HR.. :(

A bit tough to handle but good for the kids to b closer with regard to age gap...gratz :)
I'm still trying to come to terms with it. Good thing probably I can remember how to take care of a newborn. We are based overseas so we don't have much help...

I m also lost 1 kg within 3 days couldnt eat at all..i m on sick leave for 1 wk. Just couldnt go to work. Feel naseau when i see all the food :( but the anti naseau medication my gynae prescribe seem to help.

I'm still trying to come to terms with it. Good thing probably I can remember how to take care of a newborn. We are based overseas so we don't have much help...

I c..my buddy had her boy while in France and her hubby cooked for her confinement meals...

I m also lost 1 kg within 3 days couldnt eat at all..i m on sick leave for 1 wk. Just couldnt go to work. Feel naseau when i see all the food :( but the anti naseau medication my gynae prescribe seem to help.

Does it make you drowsy?

Wow how u all manage to take so long MC ar? I also wish to rest at home, but for sure my gynae will not give me so long MC. Plus even if he gave, then that means i am left with fewer MCs to use for the regular checkups. And i will have to start using my CCL or AL already,

Hi, i am also just tested positive today and didn't believe it so i went see doctor and tested again. So will be seeing gyn this friday...

Congrats.. me too. i delivered in september.

Wow we have a few close gap babies here! My boy is now 10mo lol

I am still not confident to join the whatsapp grp yet till my pregnancy is stable. I am not a v optimistic person by nature la :p

My EDD shld be 15 oct. Once *hopefully" cross the 12 weeks mark, i will want to join the grp officially!

Wow how u all manage to take so long MC ar? I also wish to rest at home, but for sure my gynae will not give me so long MC. Plus even if he gave, then that means i am left with fewer MCs to use for the regular checkups. And i will have to start using my CCL or AL already,
Hi sharon my gynae give me hospitalisation leave. 14 days of mc is definitely not enough. I using my annual leave for checkup..

Hi all.. I've just created an acct here. Recently, i was tested positive. Went to the dr and the dr informed that my edd is on end Oct. :)

My dr told me if i want to opt for subsidized, better to go thru polyclinic but im still unsure bcause we cant choose our gynae. Planning to deliver in KKH.

Anyway, just to check as this is my first pregnancy, do i need to have any referral letters to go to KKH for the scan? or we can make an appt with KKH ourselves. Thanks in advance.

Hi all.. I've just created an acct here. Recently, i was tested positive. Went to the dr and the dr informed that my edd is on end Oct. :)

My dr told me if i want to opt for subsidized, better to go thru polyclinic but im still unsure bcause we cant choose our gynae. Planning to deliver in KKH.

Anyway, just to check as this is my first pregnancy, do i need to have any referral letters to go to KKH for the scan? or we can make an appt with KKH ourselves. Thanks in advance.

I think it depends on whether you want the subsidised rate or not. If u want then u gotta get referral letter thru polyclinics to go for scan. If non-subsidised rate (aka private rate), then u can call KKH telling them which Gynae u would like to see.
I am also choosing KKH but I am under the private clinic because I intend to choose my own gynae instead of those randomly assigned ones.
Or u might wanna give KKH a call & ask them?

Noraz. . I heard that if wan to be subsidy u need to go polyclinic to get refferal letter

Hi, for ladies who are experiencing nauesous, you may want to try using Sea-Band. Is safe for pregnancy. It is a acupressure wrist band. You can get this easily from pharmacies. Thk cost <S$15 for 1 pair. Am sharing cos i understand how terrible morning sickness can be. But do note not everyone who use it will help in reducing naueousness. You will need to try & see whether it suits you.

Hi Ladies, I'm feeling devastating and rather upset. Just came back from my check up(2nd).
2 weeks ago had my 1st check up done: Gynae mentioned based on last period cycle should be 7 weeks but it looks smaller than expected like 5 weeks and no heartbeat.
Today scan, should be 7-10 weeks, we can see the sac and the waterbag.. everything is growing but no heartbeat yet.
He did a vaginal scan as well.... but no heartbeat.
He ask me to go for 2nd opinion...
Sigh...

This is my 2nd bb. Now I recalled him telling me that I has retroverted(tilted) uterus after giving birth to first one. That was like 2.5 years ago. I'm not sure if it is still retroverted and whether it will give a misdiagnose...

My research done here are now giving me hope only... praying everything will turns out fine.
http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/mycommunity/
http://pregnancy.lovetoknow.com/pregnancy-problems/tilted-uterus-ultrasound

Last period cycle: 23-30 Dec

Hi Ladies, I'm feeling devastating and rather upset. Just came back from my check up(2nd).
2 weeks ago had my 1st check up done: Gynae mentioned based on last period cycle should be 7 weeks but it looks smaller than expected like 5 weeks and no heartbeat.
Today scan, should be 7-10 weeks, we can see the sac and the waterbag.. everything is growing but no heartbeat yet.
Sigh...

This is my 2nd bb. Now I recalled him telling me that I has retroverted(tilted) uterus after giving birth to first one. That was like 2.5 years ago. I'm not sure if it is still retroverted and whether it will give a misdiagnose...

My research done here are now giving me hope only... praying everything will turns out fine.

Hi beautydecay,

It's a little inaccurate to base on LMP as ur ovulation cld be late.

My last menses was 28 dec, and mine is now at 7w4d. suggest u go for second opinion ...cld be embryo is still small and cldnt detect HB yet?

Take care mummy!

Sigh...

OMG "beautydecay", I feel sorry for you. But at the same time, I am also feeling quite paranoid now that you mentioned this. Bcos the 1st time I went for my scan, Dr tried to use ultrasound on my tummy but say can't see bcos my uterus is tilted. So he did a vaginal scan as well. And bcos its too early, he says cant hear heartbeat yet. So ask me to go back 2 weeks later (which is this fri).
Now I am also quite worried if you say this is ur 2nd preg (same as me too!!)

By asking you to go on 2nd opinion what does he mean? He ask u to go see other dr?
Which gynae/hospital u go? What do you intend to do next?
Pls kindly keep us posted here, I am sure there will be a lot of experience mum who can share more with you.
Dun handle this yourself ok?
Take care!

Sigh...

Hi don't worry too much. Better to go for a second opinion as it might be a little early. I recalled for my 1st pregnancy I did the first scan at 7 weeks the gynae couldn't detect the heartbeat and then a week later it was fine. Stay positive.

Thank you peeps, I hope is misdiagnose but the waiting game is no fun, it's hard not to think about it. :(

I'm seeing Dr Phua Soo Mear now, he is located at Kovan. Second opinion I will be seeking Dr Beh Suan Tiong's opinion from Thomson.
I'm posting the link above just so that you peeps are aware of this as not many people know about retroverted uterus and misdiagnose miscarriage.. some dr just want to protect themselves, if you know what I mean.

Thank you peeps, I hope is misdiagnose but the waiting game is no fun, it's hard not to think about it. :(

I'm seeing Dr Phua Soo Mear now, he is located at Kovan. Second opinion I will be seeking Dr Beh Suan Tiong's opinion from Thomson.
I'm posting the link above just so that you peeps are aware of this as not many people know about retroverted uterus and misdiagnose miscarriage.. some dr just want to protect themselves, if you know what I mean.

Hi beautydecay,

For my first 2 checks, i was seeing Dr Phua as well! I will spare the details but in conclusion, it wasn't a gd experience (i knw he is highly rec by a lot of mummies. This was my first time seeing him cos my own gynae's appt date was way forward). I got a scare initially too but just got a positive review by my own gynae....finally! So yes, i think u shld see another gynae.

Sigh...

Yeah, I agree that calculation based on LMP is not accurate.. It is more accurate to check based on the size of the sac when your gynae did the ultrasound scan. Hence it might not be at 7-10 weeks. It might be ideal for you to seek for 2nd opinion. Jiayou!

Sigh...

Go for the 2nd opinion, for all you know u might then stay with the 2nd gynae..jia you ;)

For now, maintain a calm and positive attitude :)

Last edited:
Sigh...

Hi gal dont worry too much . When i went for my 1st gynae he also couldnt see the sac at week 4 plus and i seek a 2nd opinion and i could see the sac by vaginal scan cox my uterus is inverted. I just went for 2nd scan on monday and can see the heart beat. I can say my gynae is very good. She really comfort me compared to the 1st one.

Hi Coln,

How r u feeling currently? I am entering Week 7 n no longer having those cramps. But I am so bloated n feel like vomitting at the thought of food. Not much appetite currently.

Hihi cwei, just experience something called "breakthrough bleeding" with slight cramps and bloatness. Look through the net, seems like it's normal as my menses is supposed to due tmr based on trending.

Shall monitor and rest more as I've booked my first appt with Dr Benjamin Tham next Fri. Really looking forward to it. Hate this waiting game.

Have you went for your scan already?

Has anyone experience "breakthrough bleeding"?

My appetite was good for the past few week. I havent experience any vomitting yet but can feel slight nauses so trying to contain it. Try to eat small volumes and drink more water.

Do you happen to wake up in the middle of the night to pee?

Is there any whats app group created?
Please add me in. 98442113

Worries Coln =,=

Last edited:
Hi all mummies to be! I'm a October baby myself and I'm expecting my first baby in mid October too (ETD 12/10). So excited. Hear baby's heart beat today at Wendy's clinic. Can't wait for next meeting!

Nice reading all the similar situation we facing! Take care all!

Hi all! Anyone paranoid about miscarriage? I'm in my 6th week and am still feeling normal except occasional cramps. Keep thinking of baby is growing well and can't help feeling worried!

I am constantly worried abt mc. Had one 9 months ago so had been paranoid abt joining e thread initially. We managed to hear e hb on Monday then I was more relaxed. But I still sorry cos my nausea and sore boobs have disappeared. Have low grade fever and throat infection since yesterday so even more paranoid!

And I also keep waking up to pee. Every night abt 2 times. Pee and feel thirsty and hungry so must rummage for food at this hour.

Me too, waking up in the night to pee frequently. And then couldn't get back to sleep after that.. zzzzzzz
I am usually a very deep sleeper, but now seems like the body systems doesn't allow me to sleep so long hours. OMG, I am just in the 1st tri.. So many months to go loh.. I cannot imagine in the later months how many times I can wake up to pee... haiz...

I went for my first Gynae appointment today. EDD is currently 17th October. had my scan and saw the jellybean with his/her flickering heart beat! :) but there was a blood clot in my womb that's causing my spotting and I am given dydrogesterone and 4 days of bed rest. I'm still going to head to work though :/ can't afford to miss work and only intend to let people know about my pregnancy after the first trimester. not supposed to carry my #1 too and that's going to be difficult. somehow I am not worried because what's meant to be will happen! and yes I have not been able to fall or stay asleep. I think I have only 4-5 hours of sleep each day. zzz.

Back