No Fertilisation - IVF

bbcaromel

Am with NUH Prof PC Wong.
Started duphaston on 27th Nov.
Started 300iu gonal F on evenings since 12th Dec and on 17th Dec introduced Cetrotide on mornings.
Dosage for both jabs maintained throughout.
Suprefact jab on 24th Dec at 10pm.
Every blood test and scans results were satisfactory according to Prof.
12 eggs with biggest at 18.5mm 2 days before oocyte retrieval. Lining at 9mm. No major issues between DH and myself.
Oocyte Retrieval on 26th Dec 10am. Harvested 7 out of 12 eggs.
Received call on 28th Dec at 9plus am... informing 3 out of 7 eggs matured but NONE fertilised.
Anyone been through the same? Embrologist only briefly mentioned problem lies with either the egg or the sperm... seeing Prof soon for detailed information.
I went through like 20 over jabs... plus 4-5 blood tests... total bill almost 10k... yet... NO FERTILISATION.
This cycle ended just like to.
I don't know what's going to happen next...
Failed 2 iuis then this 1st ivf...

Hi there, I am sorry to hear that.

I've heard of such occurrences before. My doctor did tell me that while they can estimate how much is my egg reserve by my follicle numbers, what they can't tell is the quality of my eggs. There can also be other factors which we are unaware of. When is your next appt with Prof? It's good to hear from him.

If you will like more traffic, perhaps you can visit this thread instead more folks will get alerts from this thread on new postings.

Hello have you got more detailed answers from your doc? Have you considered genetic testing? Karyotype?

Hi bbcaromel

Yes, i did my 2nd n 3rd with Prof but sadly to say Is a BFN. Currently on break to try natural

Am with NUH Prof PC Wong.
Started duphaston on 27th Nov.
Started 300iu gonal F on evenings since 12th Dec and on 17th Dec introduced Cetrotide on mornings.
Dosage for both jabs maintained throughout.
Suprefact jab on 24th Dec at 10pm.
Every blood test and scans results were satisfactory according to Prof.
12 eggs with biggest at 18.5mm 2 days before oocyte retrieval. Lining at 9mm. No major issues between DH and myself.
Oocyte Retrieval on 26th Dec 10am. Harvested 7 out of 12 eggs.
Received call on 28th Dec at 9plus am... informing 3 out of 7 eggs matured but NONE fertilised.
Anyone been through the same? Embrologist only briefly mentioned problem lies with either the egg or the sperm... seeing Prof soon for detailed information.
I went through like 20 over jabs... plus 4-5 blood tests... total bill almost 10k... yet... NO FERTILISATION.
This cycle ended just like to.
I don't know what's going to happen next...
Failed 2 iuis then this 1st ivf...

I had 15 eggs retrieved but only 1 was fertilized normally. Unfortunately, Dr has no answer too. It could be egg quality or sperm issue or both. Dr did tell me she can give me a medication to improve egg quality but due to my endometriosis, I can't take it. Maybe you can check with your Dr if there are any medication you can take?

Hihi..
I have 2 failed fresh ivf at KKH.
1st ivf 28 eggs. 1 usable and transfered. None to freeze. No bfp
2nd ivf 23 eggs. 1 usable and transfered. None to freeze. No bfp
I was extremely heartbroken and disappointed.
This is termed as fertilisation failure.
I sought out to find out the reasons and whether there were any other places which would do things differently, and how it could be better and suited for my condition.
We have very poor sperm quality.
I have just done my ER with a private doctor today. Let's see how the fertilisation rate is to see if works differently this time.

I feel that IVF is a lot of trial and error to find the best method which suits our fertility situation.

For you, I would recommend speaking with the embrologist to find out what is the main factor for zero fertilisation and then see if other places can offer you other options to this issue.

Fertilisation is one big mystery. Egg and sperm quality, basically determine how well they bind and cause chemical reactions for the fertilisation to take place successfully. You may Google more about ivf fertilisation failure for more info. Having suntested google, the most important is still to understand what happened in your case from your doctor.

Hihi..
I have 2 failed fresh ivf at KKH.
1st ivf 28 eggs. 1 usable and transfered. None to freeze. No bfp
2nd ivf 23 eggs. 1 usable and transfered. None to freeze. No bfp
I was extremely heartbroken and disappointed.
This is termed as fertilisation failure.
I sought out to find out the reasons and whether there were any other places which would do things differently, and how it could be better and suited for my condition.
We have very poor sperm quality.
I have just done my ER with a private doctor today. Let's see how the fertilisation rate is to see if works differently this time.

I feel that IVF is a lot of trial and error to find the best method which suits our fertility situation.

For you, I would recommend speaking with the embrologist to find out what is the main factor for zero fertilisation and then see if other places can offer you other options to this issue.

Thank you for your message... hope to hear good news from you this round. Good luck and god bless.

You are not alone. My wife eggs cannot even mature. The doctor told us to seek egg donor instead. We felt so disappointed at that time.
Hai.....

Back