need advice on car seat.

mummyjes

Hi, I need advice for car seats. Currently I have a 16m boy using a front facing car seat and I m due nxt mth with a second bb and I m intending to use a rear facing car seat for her. I googled n was told that if I have to put car seat in the front passenger seat, I will need to deactivate the air bag. Is this true? And if would to put in the front seat, will u put the rear facing or front facing car seat? I could not find much TP rules on this, only understand the ht limit of 1.35m in the front seat.

Can any mummy enlighten me. Tq

If u have deactivated the airbag, then it's ok to put in front, either rear or front facing.

If it's not deactivated, then cannot put rear facing because the force of the airbag when activated is strong and will crash it into the adult seat.

Why don't u put both car seats at the back passenger seat? One rear facing & one front facing? I did that for my 2 kids (20m & newborn) and squeezed myself in the middle seat.

Why don't u put both car seats at the back passenger seat? One rear facing & one front facing? I did that for my 2 kids (20m & newborn) and squeezed myself in the middle seat.

Hi, u put both behind n HW u squeeze in e middle? Fr e front n move back?

I go in from the side door where the front facing car seat is placed. The front passenger seat is adjusted to the maximum front so that I've enough space to squeeze in from the side.

okay... here's the thing. I have a tiny hatchback and 2 kids. here's how I cope with the car seats issue:
- deactivate front airbag - impossible - nobody reputable would do it for you. don't try it at home either!! so, no go!
- front facing toddler to sit behind driver.
- back facing baby sit on the other side. make sure the harnesses are secured and the shoulder pads are at the correct place.
- during long drives, when need to feed, I will slide to the back and feed, bottle/breast

to us, this is new... not sitting with babies. but people do this all the time, and the toddler is trained to report and to help with baby.

Hi mummyjes, it is not safe to put any carseat in the front, just as precaution, if the air bag gets activated it could hit cause a serious or fatal injury. A child who rides in a forward-facing car seat could be harmed by an air bag. it is better to put the two car seats at the back. Agree wif frog, you could put the front facing behing driver and back facing on the other side.

Back