Myanmar maid got pregnant and sent back home

I can say this is really a bad experience with Myanmar maid, my 1st 2 helper was a Filipino quite obedient and hardworking but too bad both can't get along well with my mum. :( 1st Filipino almost finished her contract but 2nd Filipino only worked with us for 9 months...So we had no choice the 3rd maid have to take in this Myanmar lady - transfer maid and with us since Oct'13. The first few months I can say she was quite hardworking and listen to instructions but after she was granted her off days in April'14, things started to change... probably she had start getting her pay. She got herself a sony handphone which she told me is about $500+ (but her pay is less than $500 a mth??) I notice she also bought a few pair of high heel shoes and clothings. So whenever we brought our kids out, she will dress out nicely (try not to look like a maid) - reluctant to look after my kids... then what's the point of bringing her out cos she is supposed to take care of my kids and I was also at my 1st trimester of pregnancy. Things started to get worst for the nxt few months, when asked she din even know how to prepare a simple meal (lunch/dinner) so end up I have to cook...really pissed. For so many months, she can only do basic household chores and while doing her work she will be talking on the phone non-stop... what is this???

We have noticed something before we decided to send her home, she has been taking those Myanmar medication and been falling sick quite often starting in Jul'14... She vomited on a few occasions so I already suspected something but I din confront her just tell her to go see a GP but she insist on seeing her own Myanmar doctor in peninsula plaza so I let her go. When asked where is the receipt she told me dun have and say her friend had paid for the bill (which is about $600+). I just closed my eyes until things turn up really bad...When talking to her she got no respect to the employer as if you are invisible cos she just keep on talking on the phone.. I have got a replacement filipino maid when my elder twin was admitted to hospital due to high fever cos we have decided to let her go at that point of time and ask her to stay in hospital with my kid (nurses even told me they saw her bringing a guy to the ward behaving intimately, I confronted her but she denied) Until my elder twin was discharged, the nxt few days we din even mention anything or giving her any notice but on the day itself we just ask her to pack her luggage as we told her the work permit is cancelled and we are sending her to the airport straight away. She was in a blank for awhile and din expect we will do this (frankly speaking she deserve it, taking us employer for granted all this while - thot she can have good life staying here but we know she is a time bomb, who knows she will just MIA during my confinement time and I will have difficult times by then).

My advice to all who are getting a maid - if possible try not to get Myanmar maid cos they are really out of control and do things their way and like to tell lies... especially those young ones they will lie about their age and try to get in Singapore just to work as maids. My judgement is wrong, I thot by getting a plump and not pretty maid, they will not do anything like this but the things she do can left you speechless...:(

i totally agree with u. 2 of my friends that took myanmar all very bad.
out of 10, maybe 1 good maid but mostly, they are very bold. ppl say filipino very outspoken but i feel myanmar maids worst. and they can commit suicide type. 1 of my friend's myanmar maid, demanded to go back NOW and my friend said you have to wait till my new maid comes in. she took a knife and threaten to kill herself.
my other gf's myanmar maid packed all her bags one day, put make up, got ready and said bring me back to agent NOW!
2 horror stories from my gfs. Now all of us only stick to Filipino.
we still find them better. language also better and they are cleaner too.
my agent Monica also told me they dont deal with myanmar as they are very problematic and because they come from war torn country, they are actually very "hard" and bold ppl.
Good that u r havin a filipino now :)
and i always believe, it doesnt matter if the maid is married or single, ugly or pretty, if she wants to work she will. getting married does not make them a better maid or worst maid. pretty or ugly if they want to flirt and find bf they also will.

Really a nightmare for me the past few months, furthermore I am preggy now - feel so relief after decide to kick her back to Myanmar.
I agreed with you all - they will try all means to steal and get what they want. A few occasions my hubby also noticed a few $10 notes was missing from his wallet but
we have no evidence but we suspect is her. (my hubby commented these ppl are thieves) maybe is their culture there.
Recently, I just saw news on temporary ban for Myanmar maid coming in to SG to work as maids (I hope this can be permanent ban from the government).
Actually it's not prejudice but I really find that these type of ppl are not up to standard to work here.

i fully agreed not to get myanmar maid, last yr got 2 to look after my dad. 1st one can speak good chinese so we thought very good cos can communicate with my dad n aunt who she needs to look after. End up she so struck up! refused to greet my bro n SIL Sir and Mdm jist because they are younger than her! Dont like to do housework so she basically just look after my dad n aunt n cook for them and while they are watching tv she will sit beside them n watch with them instead of going to clean e toilet etc..... she sweet talk to my aunt(80+ yo) until my aunt trust her so much tat on one occasion when she is only abt 1 wl with us my aunt give her money to go buy things she wants. We realised tat it is dangerous to keep her cos she can sweet talk my aunt who is suppose to keep an eye on her and make my aunt allow her to leave the house to e market to buy stuffs she wants and leave my dad (fully wheelchair bound) at home with my aunt who is also disabled.
We requested to change her immediately to another myanmar maid again..... 2nd one very rough. on e radio(her own) everyday in e living room. Chat on handphone, told us she got cousins, nephews, brothers working in singapore. a few times a man can over to the corridor and chit chat with her.... told me it is her nephew who works in nursing home. a few ocassions she will go downstairs to collect food cos she told us her friend bought her food. After she gets her off days things become worst. told her must be home at 7pm.... but when we call her she is still at penisular plaza with her Brother who will send her back.
End up we send her back after few
months cos too many different ppl coming to our corridors chit chatting with her liao.... seems like all her relatives working in singapore.
No more Myanmar maid for us!!

Yes seem like these ppl have a lot of friends & relatives in Singapore??? They can make friends easily cos our MCST had arranged those contractors for the upgrading works at our area and these Myanmar painters to station & work here since May'14...she can easily befriend and exchange phone numbers... U can imagine how desperate she is...:(
We found out her hp and the pictures taken with these painters and believe she got herself into deep shit with these myanmar guys (pregnant after going out a few times with them).
Anyway I have already informed the MCST to remove these painters to work here who knows they might cause unnecessary trouble to our family members cos I still have 2 young kids at home. I cannot imagine this to happen and feel relief that these ppl are out of my sight now.

It's your big mistake to allow your maid using her phone so freely. I only allow my Myanmar maid to use her phone 1 hour during night time after she complete all the house work. After that she will have to surrender back her phone to me again. My Myanmar maid is a transfer maid. I'm her second employer in SG. The 1st employers mum hit her several times and sent her back to the agency. I'll treat them nicely like human, ensure enough food and rest for them. Praise them when they cook nice food. Tell them nicely when they make mistake. Unless they repeat the same mistake for few times, then I'll raise my voice slightly louder, but not scold. So now my maid is working happily with us for more than a year. We granted her day off six months ago. From 9am till 6pm. Tell her not to be late. If she come back late 1 hour, then she will have to pay back the 1 hour on her next off day. Same if she come back early, then we will extend the same timing for her next off day. So till now she is happy about the regulation we set for her. Maybe you can try my method see whether it works.

I think not all myanmar maid is bad. May be you are unlucky to get good maid.. I have one maid since i was young and stay with us for 18 years already but now she went back to myanmar for her wedding.
Yes, they are pros and cons because all maids are stranger and they doesnt even know what kind of food, things employer likes in the first place. So we need to tell them that this is what i do not like and this is what we want her to do. Talk nicely and ask her to do. So all important is try to treat them nicely as human. However some maid are not good attitude as they wanted to steal because they saw money just leave it . To prevent stole money and stuffs, employer should keep their money and valuable goods in safe place (inside room or keep it properly). Sometime even your sibling or children also took money easily if u put anyhow. There is no offence to anyone but just to share my experience because i have three maid at my house now.

Maid learn things fast when mixed with her own people. In Chinese. we say. "learn bad 3 days, learn good 3 years".

My boss's Filipina maid got pregnant with a Paki/Blangah boyfriend and my boss have to send her off immediately. Then, I slowly learnt that many maids (even though they may be married) still "cari makan" outside. In fact, there are already hot discussion topics in other forums.

Now, side-track
I have seen Vietnamese brides suddenly changed too. Happily married here, and then, changed to another person. They mixed with their own Vietnamese community and started to learn tricks. In fact, I have many real life stories such as they got pregnant after returning from Vietnam! To be honest, many bodoh Singapore husband wear green hat also don't know. The funny thing is stupid ICA does not care, granting these Vietnamese/foreign wife PR because child is born in Singapore. Till now, ICA is still doing this.

Anyway, these foreigners in Singapore likely change after mixing with their own people.

Now, technology has advanced. These foreigners (including maids) can connect with their kakis easily through media like Whatsapp, WeChat and Facebook. So, it can diffcult to control these maids movement.

Mad139> I let my previous 2 Filipinos keep their hp too but no such nonsense...cos they know how to control and know their limit unlike this Myanmar maid. I can say she is here not to work just want to enjoy life cos she got no savings at all - come with 1 luggage go back with 3 luggages? We din ill treat her also, give her sufficient food & rest. After 9 mths here she dun even know how to whip up a proper meal cos when I was cooking she just refuse to learn end up I gotta cook for every meals. I am preggie and still expect me to cook that's why hubby was really angry. Now I got myself 2 maids, both will take turn to cook or look after my twins.

Ymt> yes really unlucky to get such a maid - nightmare. Feel so relief after sending her off :) it depends on individuals and also their characters. She take for granted so this type of ppl no matter how good u treat her she will still rebel and shit on your head - really no point.

Shakespeare> I agreed with u learn bad 3 days, learn good 3 years.
But if their character & attitude is like this, nothing can be done but just let them rot...

WP No. : 0 92844536
Name of Worker : MAY ZIN AUNG

http://www.bestmaid.com.sg/listmaid.asp?id=96217
http://www.bestmaid.com.sg/listmaid.asp?id=96217

Out of goodwill, we give her the benefit of doubt and employed her despite the fact that she had changed 7 employers within 2 years and we (hopefully) are her last employer in Singapore.
Surprisingly, shouldn't MOM ban those domestic helper who had changed more than 3 employers per year ? Isn't the maid levy we had paid are for maintaining the quality of domestic helper ?

MAY ZIN AUNG is neither a pleasant nor hardworking person. Always finding easy way out. Quick-witted I would say, she can always find all sort of reason to support the mistake she had done. We understand they are from rural area and uneducated therefore we had always been very forgiving with them, we never blame them for the damage they had done (eg. broke the sword of "Guan Yu"....etc.) Unfortunately, she repay us with all her lies and bad attitude.
On her 3rd day of work with us, she came crying to us saying her father had passed on and wishes to return back to her hometown. Her agent stopped her, claiming that since she knew that her father was badly ill then why she still came to work in Singapore. After that she continue her employment with us for around 2 months then she came crying to us again saying her mother had admitted hospital and insisted in returning back to her hometown. Coincidentally, both incidents occur on a sunny Sunday afternoon and on her off day. We informed her agent and she rushed down to our place to clarify with MAY ZIN AUNG. According to the agent, all along she was lying because MAY ZIN AUNG do not want to repay the money (Est. S$1600) that she owed her agent. Her agent pleaded her to work for us for another 1 month so as to replay her loan but MAY ZIN AUNG refused. The agent threatened to send her to police station, surprisingly MAY ZIN AUNG was fearless and even threatened back the agent that if they insisted her to continue her employment with us she will just sit in our house and do NOTHING. We have 2 young children (9 & 5 years old), we cannot take the risk of her harming our children. I requested the agent to bring her back and purchased air ticket to send her back to her hometown.

During her stay with us, she was not a co-operative person. She do not follow our instruction, do everything her own way. Whenever we corrected her mistake she will talked back to us. Told her that our youngest one has eczema and has to bath twice a day than must apply moisturizer. Whenever my child asked her to help to shower she will claimed that she was extremely busy. According to my children she was always busy washing toilet or stay in the toilet most of the time. Our instruction was to wash the toilet only once a week. When I questioned her why didn't bath and apply moisturizer for the kids her answer to me will be," I had forgotton !" After her departure and I had to take over the household chores then I discovered the mop was super filthy. The moment you dip the mop into clear clean water, the water immediately turn black. It took me 2 days to bleach and wash the mop. Every night busy messaging or playing her mobile phone then in the morning couldn't wake up, yet she still has the cheek to complain to us that every morning she has to wake up early. We, employer, woke up the same time (6am) as her yet always the last to sleep and she was behaving like a boss in our house.

upload_2015-5-7_11-52-20.png

Last edited:

Back