Mummies staying at Fernvale

nateM,

my boy dun attend kindertots but used to hve Kindermusik classes there... shifted to Clearminds fr this weekend onwards. I find that the Kindertots premises is very small.. if u look at the shop selling clocks and mobile fones next door.. u will get an idea of the size of Kindertots.

The teacher is a very frenly lady though.
happy.gif

How old is ur kid?

Fi,

How's Yaz? Ok?

Ian refused to take his med...yest morn.. brought him down to the GP downstairs to insert brufen into this butt. :p

Just now.. went down again to change his anti-biotics coz he just simply refuses to eat the previous one.. so change to another anti-biotics that only needs to take once a day... phew... i can't handle him alone to force him to eat med..gotto wait for matt to come hme or my mum to come over.

He had stridor this morn when he was sleeping... let doc chk just now.. luckily not croup.

A+Cmum,

hee.. small world... din know u r frens of Fi and Irin too..
happy.gif

Hi Fernvale mummies,

I would like to check with you all, when you enrol yr kids for playgroup or kindergarten, do you need to submit the vaccination certificate? Has anyone enrol yr child to school without submitting the vaccination cert?

Hi mummies, its been a while since i last login. keke. so damn busy with my work....
sad.gif

hi nateM,
Welcome to the thread.

crayonmum,
Ian sick? Zavier also, fever hit 40degrees on Sunday even after paracetemol and bufen, his fever still 39plus. Brog him to KK on monday and the doc send him for a shower ....of cos, cried thruout his shower. keke. after shower, the temp still didnt decrease alot, so doc gave him high dose brufen....5.8ml...i was like wat? 5.8ml? the nurse told me it's according to his wt. luckily after that high dose of brufen, his fever come down.
Now having bad running nose and cough....sighz....hope the kids get well soon yah....
happy.gif

sea8,

sounds like Zavier kenna similar virus... Ian also had all the symptoms.. fever up till 40.1 on Monday night and bad cough and runny nose now...
sad.gif

I let Ian play in the bath tub like 2-3 times in the day to bring down his temp... now only low-grade fever...

GP downstairs told me that the Brufen and Panadol fr KK is half the strength of those in GP clinic.. 120mg instead of 250mg... so 5.8ml of KK brufen is actually ard 3ml of the usual ones that we get fr GP clinics.
happy.gif
Ian is taking 4ml of the KK one coz of his small size. He's only 9kg as of Sunday.. prob drop by now. :p

Irin,

yah lor.. I realise that.
happy.gif
hee....

Thanks crayonmum,

I just enrolled my daughter today, the teacher told me she need a photocopy of the vaccination record.
Luckily there was 1 vacancy in 9-10.30am slot, so managed to slot her in.

Did you engage the part time cleaner from Jusclean Services? How is it?

Hi PingPing,

Funny.. the teacher din ask me for it...teacher is Janice rite? Anyway my boy hasn't finished all his jabs... supposed to have his last jab last weekend.. but he fell sick. :p

Nope.. haven't called Jusclean.... I may only need it in Aug onwards...coz my parents' maid is currently helping me clean on wkends to earn extra.
happy.gif

Sea8,

Is Zavier better liao? I brot Ian to Dr Saw just now.. coz after so many days of the med fr downstairs clinic.. still not better leh.

HI crayonmum,

Yes, it's teacher Janice. Do you know of any nursery class in Fernvale?
I want to enrol my daughter for next yr class.

crayonmum
my boy is coming 10 months
went to check out kindertots and the size was ridiculously SMALL for kiddy prog ...

jusclean
used to have them help with my home cleaning before i had a maid ... dunno if it's the same now but they send 2 ladies to do the cleaning ... ladies mostly from china. their cleaning is passable is your expectations not high... first time they come my house, they clean for over 4 hours! after that, they usually finish chop chop then go off within 3 hours... plus point is they not so calculative with the ironing.

Pingping,

Carmen mentioned that there's a PCF (PAP) one for nursery (for 4 yo) at Fernvale Grove.. registration for next yr started already i think...

And there's Chatsworth International at Jln Kayu...but already on waiting list according to the website..

Thanks crayonmum.

Do you gals know PCF is at which blk at Fernvale Grove? What is the timing for the registration? Is the registration over?

hihi dear mummies-how's everyone doing?? been sometime since we had a gathering hor.. hope all is fine.. and TGIF!!!!

Morning everyone!!!

A&Cmum- nice to see you here..

Crayonmum n Sea8- now Dan is also down.. sounds like everyone is having the same thing........ i tink its the weather......... sigh...... hope evryone gets well sn.

Crayonmum- if my monsters r still unwell tmr, i might bring them pd again n may skip kinder on sun.. sms u tmr..........

Enne- long time no c u ard... hws the little one in ur tummy?? Hws Lego reactng to the pregnancy? U take care!!

Fifififififiifififi-Yeah ok lo.. I think I neglecting the little one.. free time always spend with boy. kekeke..

DO HOPE ALL THE KIDS GET WELL SOON K...... then we can arrange a gathering soon again!

Ping Ping,

Just chked PCF website for u.. seems like registration is over in May.. u can call up to enquire though..

Copied the below fr the website.. www.pcf.org.sg... go to "kindergarten", then "registration", then "Sengkang West". Registration is at Anchorvale though.

Duration

Centre Location (Full Address): Blk 436A Fernvale Road Singapore 791436

Centre Tel: 63122961

Centre Fax: 63847791

Nursery
2hr

8.15 am – 10. 15am, 10.30 am – 12.30 pm, 1pm – 3pm

hi ping ping,
My gal oso at Appletree : 9-10.30am sessn...
there were 2 new gals (1 wif uniform, anther dun)dat joined Appletree recently...wats ur gal's name??Is she the one w uniform??
Mayb we hv "met" at entrance, bt din noe each other ya??hehehee
My gal is the oni one wif long hair, always tie 2 pony tails..keke
And my boy wl join the rest of students to play until tchr opn door...he's juz like 1 of them,as wat most grannies/mummies there said...hahaaaa
Btw, my gal oso din submit vacc cert....as she oni r'cved her's aft her 3yo chk...

Hi carmen,

My girl's name is huixin, she's the one without uniform. She'll be wearing uniform on tuesday. How old is yr boy? You mean he join in the class to play? Didn't notice other kids, as I need to go back quickly to do chores after sending my girl to school. Always in a rush. I bring my 10 mth old son along when I bring huixin to school.

Will look out for yr girl when I fetch huixin home, did see a few young mummies, you shld be one of them. What's yr girl's name?

Do you know PCF's nursery(4 yr old) syllabus? What do they teach? I'm thinking of enrolling my daughter for next yr. They hv afternoon slot left.

hi ping ping,
den i noe who u r..
was walkg behind u the other day, while scoldg my gal!! hahahaa...cos she insisted on wearg the jacket whn she came out fr class...
No lah, my boy din join in class....he was playing w other kids while waitg for jie jie to go sch...
i oso always hv to rush bac to cook aft sendg my gal to sch...
My gal's name is EnXi...
I din really chk out the syllabus for PCF leh.. :p
1st thing in my mind was : Distance travellg... keke
my gal wl b in the morng sessn nx yr -8.15am...cos my boy wl go Appletree nx yr, so timing has to match...
happy.gif

hi mummies!

has anyone send your bb to Kindertots at Fernvale Point before? is it good for 12months old?
i just knew about it now.
is there free trial available?

ichigo
i just went over kindertots last weekend to enquire re the kindermusik there. the trial is at tanglin. must pay one ... dunno how much.. for 12 months i think there's other progs as well .. u can ask the lady there ... she's quite friendly ...

Crayonmum- hahahahaha... i njoy my solitude if hubs nt ard.. will read my bk, go cp drink kopi n rot or disturb hottiemama n irin... If hubs ard, we go eat bf, go swim, gym, n anything under the sun.......... wahahahahahahahaha.. i rarely sleep in the day coz i get very groggy.... so i only sleep at nite or unless im dead n dying......

Hi mummies,

Any1 staying in BLK 436A? Have you done your reno??

I've not come into this thread since april this yr. Reason being we thought of renting out the whole unit. & we wrote an appeal letter to HDB but gana rejected.

Just to check, any FTWM here? How do you cope? Do you send your kids to childcare? Or are you staying with parents?? Now we're staying with my parents, I've a pair of twin boys age 3 and popping my 3rd boy this aug/sept.

Having a maid now, & I can trust her with the kids alone but I think it's too difficult to cope with 2 toddlers & an infant.

So my choices are I'll have to send my 3kids to my mum's place in amk every morning, if not send my twins to a nearby childcare while my maid looks after the baby. If not, hired another maid.

Hai, so hope to get some advice from all of you. (",)

We are renovating our flat now, hopefully can move in before my baby's man yue. So financially wise I think also quite tight. Hope when we move in, expenses don't shoot up drastically.

Fi,

Great your kids are well again! Wow envy... got a whole morning free. My mornings are always the busiest, sigh...

Kel,
Welcome to Fernvale and you add another set of twins to Fernvale.-) I'm a mother of twin girls, turning 2 yrs old this dec.

You have lots of choices. Sending 3 kids n maid to your mum's place sounds gd since they are used to your mum alrdy. Childcare either near fernvale or near your parents place depending on which is more convenient for you ba. I did not do much research on vacancies of the childcare ctrs nearby, prob the other mummies can help. My kids are enrolled in Moriah next yr.

Kel,

How abt asking ur mum to come over and help out in the day? Ferrying 3 kids ard can be very tiring.

Yah.. i agree that u have lotsa choices.. can put your twins in childcare since they are already of sch-going age. Personally I dun feel safe leaving a child alone wif maid... but maybe that's just me... more "kiasi".. hee,,,

happy.gif

Hi A+Cmum,

Thanks for the welcome. Twins girls must be very cute lor. haha..My number 3 also baby boy leh. What's are the chances my doc will see wrongly. Very unlikely hor. haha..
My twins are used to my mum. She has been helping me with them since day 1. (",)

crayonmum,
hmm.. I feel so bad leh if I ask my mum to travel here & there. Hai.. BTW, my maid is ok. Coz she's with us since I was 3yrs old. haha. Like my nanny lor. Then now I'm her employer lar, but she don't calls me "mum". She calls me "girl". hahaha..

Quite pek cek lately, number 3 coming soon, my boys like extremely naughty, & reno also headache. Gotta spend a bomb on reno too.. Thought of renting a room out to earn abit $$ but hubby against the idea. Hai..

Oh, & I got another prob. My twins attending pre-nusery already. At magdalene's kindergarten, located at aljunied. (",) I also abit mad mad 1 lar.. haha.. Currently staying in amk but I send them there. My sis used to attend there & I find the school not bad.

Is there any gd childcare / nusery school near fernvale Blk 426A? Near the LRT?

Morning mummies...

HI Kel, glad to see you here... N my, the twins community here is ever growing........Duno abt any sch near the lrt... Bt thrs moriah and anthr childcare in the fernvale rd cluster.. Slightly up thrs chatsworth n a few othrs in seletar.. At least u dun have to travel round singapore to drop ur kids.. hehehehehe..

Crayonmum- dun worry, very soon it will be ur turn... hehehe

A&Cmum- n soon its ur turn too... n lucky you tht u r gng back to wk.. everything ok wif A&C? we have nt seen each othr for awhile..

Hey, wher r the rest??? YOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

I heard someone calling.. and here I am... HI FI!!!!

kel,A+Cmum-hihi seems more and more twins mummies here already!! but I am not.. I am with a boy and another upcoming baby! hee. and I am not from fernvale too, am from compassvale.

kel-I am a FTWM, I lived within walking distance from my MIL, everyday bring my boy to her hse, at nite fetch back. Sounds like u can trust ur maid full since she is half a nanny to you.

Back