Mount E? Mount A? TMC?

jovinetan

Hello! Newbie here, but would like to check which hospital will you all recommend for delivery and post-delivery care? In terms of hospital staffs, food, and stay. Am trying to find a gynae for appointment, but wants to know which hospital is good before short-listing them... Please help!

If you don't mind going private, I'd recommend visiting Dr Regina Ng from the GynaeMD Women's Clinic Clementi. She's my gynaecologist and she also helped me deliver our first baby. The care and accommodations are quite excellent as well. Definitely worth a check :)

Been here before, deciding among the 3 hospitals. Finally decided to go for Mt E Novena. No regrets at all. food was good, nurses were great. all round lux-ness for some self love hehe. My cons for TMC is that theres always construction, parking is horrible. My colleague told me they charge every single thing like if you ask for extra pillow lol. Mount A is just not conveniently accessible. period. If you've got the budget for it, definitely go for Mt E Nov. My bill came up to 9500 (in 2018) including docs fees. Baby fees around 450 or so, after medisave.

I'm torn at the moment whether to stay with Mt E Novena or try KKH since its my second time, I'm less anxious and overall more calm. haha. It is safe to say that I have been spoilt by Mt E Nov.

Sorry just saw you also asked for post-delivery care. This is also ultimately up to your gynae. My gynae provided 2 post natal visits (depends on their package or what you go for). for the baby we just followed up at the polyclinic, did not follow up with the pediatrician at Mt. E as I didnt find it necessary. Polyclinic is v near my place and more convenient. also most of the things are free or vvv cheap at the polyclinic. (jaundice test for $7 whutttt??) Pretty sure when I checked with the pediatrician, the clinic told me it was 150 just for consult.

Edited - My comprehension skills suck. I think you mean after you give birth? I have no complaints abt Mount E. I was on epidural so the nurses must must must ensure you pee after. The nurses were so patient and so non-jugdmental and SUPPORTIVE of me being at my most vulnerable. literally waited outside the toilet and helped me put on the undies. honestly great great staff. I cannot recommend them enough.

Been here before, deciding among the 3 hospitals. Finally decided to go for Mt E Novena. No regrets at all. food was good, nurses were great. all round lux-ness for some self love hehe. My cons for TMC is that theres always construction, parking is horrible. My colleague told me they charge every single thing like if you ask for extra pillow lol. Mount A is just not conveniently accessible. period. If you've got the budget for it, definitely go for Mt E Nov. My bill came up to 9500 (in 2018) including docs fees. Baby fees around 450 or so, after medisave.

I'm torn at the moment whether to stay with Mt E Novena or try KKH since its my second time, I'm less anxious and overall more calm. haha. It is safe to say that I have been spoilt by Mt E Nov.

Hi there! May I just check with you, the bill of $9.5k, was it C-sect or natural birth? And was it all paid at one shot?

I had a very pleasant experience at Mount E Novena! I think for a first time mum I appreciated the services given. From the nurses/midwife at the delivery suite to the nurses and lactation consultants at the ward. They really provided excellent care to baby and me. Even hubby enjoyed his stay as a lodger lol. I had an emergency c-sect. The nurses were pretty patient and encouraging! As for post-delivery care is largely dependent on your gynae.

I had a very pleasant experience at Mount E Novena! I think for a first time mum I appreciated the services given. From the nurses/midwife at the delivery suite to the nurses and lactation consultants at the ward. They really provided excellent care to baby and me. Even hubby enjoyed his stay as a lodger lol. I had an emergency c-sect. The nurses were pretty patient and encouraging! As for post-delivery care is largely dependent on your gynae.
And to add on, may be can consider Dr. Khoo CK from MEN..:)

hi, may i know when did you give birth and also your total bill before subsidies. thanks

hi, may i know when did you give birth and also your total bill before subsidies. thanks

Hello! Before medisave deductions, my bill amounted to $15k, baby’s bill $2k. It was an emergency csect, 4D3N stay in the hospital.

Last edited:

Back