MOMMY CLUB - Yr 2007 P1's (Yr2000 Millennium & Dragon Babies)

Hi VQ,
My son is in HCI, now still honeymoon period. Your girls are very hardworking, now already start studying. Mine seems no mood to study yet, just reading his EL & CL literature books. I do not intend to get him any tuition for now, thought it is better to let him settle down and get used to sec school life first.

Wow VQ you very resourceful leh!! Mine didn't get his appeal school...it's ACS Barker so we were just trying our luck but we know chances are very slim due to them admitting almost all affiliates. I wrote and got a reply that they are full. It's alright since X has settled down well in CCK.

Congrats Jess! Was it his first choice? Someone I know chose HCI over RI.

Different strokes for different folks. My kid had two classmates. One got 265+3 and he chose HCI over RI despite being rejected during dsa. Another one got 262 and got posted to HCI. He appealed to RI and got in.

Jess, Wow! HCI.. My dream sch--- for my girl!!

The 2 Jiejie i mentioned r my DD's tutors... i hope my girls r as hardworking as them..

Wen, i m not resourceful at all.. my girl told me her classmate bid goodbye to her n said her appeal got approved... evening, another fren told my DD, his was approved too... so i thot they got appeal results last Fri...

Rains, last weekend's Straits Times mentioned about tuition centers with programs tailored to IP students. Did you check them out?

I was at the school's parent-teacher meeting yesterday. It was very fruitful. I had heard rumors about the school retaining or expelling 50 girls last year when they suddenly up their standard. The principal clarified that it was not true. At one point, she got a little agitated and said why would they do such a thing and let us bring it up at a time like this? She said there were indeed three who couldn't cope with ip but they were placed in other jcs.

She was very witty though. She said they have to write letters to other jcs to help place the girls. And they have to think of every adjective they can think of to describe the girls to maximize the chances of other principals accepting them. I am very relieved that the school is responsible even to students who can't cope. It has been weighing on my mind ever since I heard about the rumor. I was even asking my husband if we should make my kid take O level as a private candidate just yesterday.

Hi! It's coming to the end of Feb, time really flies! How're your kids coping with secondary school?

My boy is starting to feel the stress already. Everything is moving so fast.....

Jess, I guess that's expected of your boy's school but I'm sure he can manage well ;p

Mine is enjoying himself especially his Scout CCA. His school starts 7.45am and the curriculum not so stressful. He is still struggling with MT but seems ok with the other subjects. He looks forward to Home Economics due to the cooking.

I have no idea when are his tests/exams if any.

Hi mummies,

How are your not-so-little-ones doing in secondary school?

Mine is indeed not coping well with Maths and Science, but she insists on not having tuition for Maths. I think she wants to try to do it on her own first.

I feel that her CCA is taking up too much time and energy and am in the process of persuading her to change to something not so taxing and tiring, but she has been reluctant because of the friends made there.

Hope one day you mummies will come back and xian hua jia chang.

Back