MOMMIES TO BE 2015 (EXPECTING TWINS)

Hi Lyn,

Congratulations for the news!
I hope you are very happy to be giving birth to twins!
I don't have twins but my boyfriend has a twin
And hearing from my boyfriend's mom, raising twin was so much fun and exhausting at the same time.
Hope you have safe delivery in 2 months times :)

Me ! Im expecting mix twins. Edd is in march but gynae wants me to deliver by 38 weeks which is in feb !

Hi, I'm expecting twins. This will be my 2nd and 3rd child. Eldest daughter is 4 years old. My Edd is July but gynae says for twins it's likely to be earlier so june. I'm having very bad morning sickness
Wondering from your experience, when does the morning sickness end for twins??
What about confinement ladies? Anyone getting one?

This thread very quiet...I thought having twins is quite common now... See lots of them around. You got all your stuff eg sterilizer, milk bottles, stroller? My first one was long time ago, I lost touch with all this already.

Ya for my march group we have 4 twins :) i got my stroller .. the rest of the items are gonna be gifts from friends

Hi All! Congrats to all the twins mummies here.
My edd for twins is in June 2015 (my 2nd and 3rd child). Im also having issues finding a confinement nanny who is comfortable to take twins. Apparently its quite tough work that mostly didn't want it. Anyone plans to buy twin stroller? I'm still thinking whether if it is necessary or whether if I could just use 2 separate strollers. Because I already have 3 single strollers at home for my first child.

Hi, I'm expecting twins. This will be my 2nd and 3rd child. Eldest daughter is 4 years old. My Edd is July but gynae says for twins it's likely to be earlier so june. I'm having very bad morning sickness
Wondering from your experience, when does the morning sickness end for twins??
What about confinement ladies? Anyone getting one?
Hi! Me too expecting 2nd and 3rd. My first is 2 years old. Morning sickness should end by 14 weeks end of trimester 1. But now i'm down with cough and its quite bad, cough till I vomit type. Im on the lookout for CN too. Quite hard to find. not everyone wants to do it.

Hi mummies.. congrats!! I'm a twinnies mummy due in Jan 2015.. C sect planned on first week of jan! Will be week 36-37!

As this is my first pregnancy.. Not easy but definitely enjoying every moment.. I'm very lucky I don have any MS thru out.. right now at week 33, my girl is 1.9kg and my boy is 2.2kg..

Jia you mummies!!

Wow that's pretty soon ! Must be very exciting to get to see your twins soon. In over the next few weeks, your girl will be over 2kg for sure too. That's considered quite a gd weight for both , giving that it's twins . I'm Worried about my diet and if I should force to eat more, as I heard twins usually out earlier and much lighter. How many meals a day do u take? @Jojolovesbb

Why does your gynae wants you to deliver by 38 weeks? shldn't it be natural. wait and see whenever babies want to come out.
Ya but normally twins dun go to full term 40 weeks .. most twins are born between 36 to 38 weeks .. i read it from twin pregnancy books too ..

yes quite quiet thread.

mummies with twins, what are your plans for hospital? do u choose govt hospital so that its more ok on the pocket as twins may come out early ( heard may need nicu) and like 2 bedded or 4 bedded better than 1 bedded? scared may get a shock from the bill.

anyone trying natural delivery for twins?

on CN, difficult to find right?

yes quite quiet thread.

mummies with twins, what are your plans for hospital? do u choose govt hospital so that its more ok on the pocket as twins may come out early ( heard may need nicu) and like 2 bedded or 4 bedded better than 1 bedded? scared may get a shock from the bill.

Im choosing mount alvernia .. as much as govt hosp is cheaper but i dun trust much on the docs and nurses there .. coz alot of interns and trainees .. unless super complicated cases that private hospital cannot handle then i would prob go govt hosp. My gynae is pushing me for natural if the babies position permits ..

Hi, im also expecting twins, edd currently at 9 july but I guess shud deliver in june'15. This is my #2 & 3. #1 is 4 yrs old. So far hvnt bought anything n think wont engage any cl. Only me and my helper, hope we both can cope with it

Ya but normally twins dun go to full term 40 weeks .. most twins are born between 36 to 38 weeks .. i read it from twin pregnancy books too ..
Yah I read about it too. But I'm just curious, does your gynae plan for c-sec? Or she will induced u by bursting your water bag etc? Just wan to know more of others experiences, so that I can b more prepared.

Hi, im also expecting twins, edd currently at 9 july but I guess shud deliver in june'15. This is my #2 & 3. #1 is 4 yrs old. So far hvnt bought anything n think wont engage any cl. Only me and my helper, hope we both can cope with it
Same here expecting #2/3. Will u plan to get a twin stroller? How's your helper? Which country is she from? Is your helper agency good for recommendation ? Im on the lookout for agency to get domestic helper too.

yes quite quiet thread.

U raised gd points here. I didn't even thought of it and was jus planning to give birth at parkway east hospital, where I delivered my previous . Maybe I shld go check out all these rates to b better prepared for any additional expenses . I do hope I can go natural. C-sec is expensive multiply by 2 is ... Wow... A lot

Wow that's pretty soon ! Must be very exciting to get to see your twins soon. In over the next few weeks, your girl will be over 2kg for sure too. That's considered quite a gd weight for both , giving that it's twins . I'm Worried about my diet and if I should force to eat more, as I heard twins usually out earlier and much lighter. How many meals a day do u take? @Jojolovesbb

I eat as per normal plus snack in between.. Meat and carbo person (of cos healthy food) I also heard twins tend to come out early, so I really eat to pump up their weight. In case they come out earlier,at least they have good weight..

Yah I read about it too. But I'm just curious, does your gynae plan for c-sec? Or she will induced u by bursting your water bag etc? Just wan to know more of others experiences, so that I can b more prepared.
Ya she plans to induce if i dont have signs of contraction etc

Im choosing mount alvernia .. as much as govt hosp is cheaper but i dun trust much on the docs and nurses there .. coz alot of interns and trainees .. unless super complicated cases that private hospital cannot handle then i would prob go govt hosp. My gynae is pushing me for natural if the babies position permits ..
I'm at Mount a too! Right now both their heads not down, so luckily I op for c sect in the first place.. My gynae say for now it's quite low chance they will be turning down, no space
Oh rmb to check the pricing for twins.. Have extra charges but also extra medisave claims..

I'm at Mount a too! Right now both their heads not down, so luckily I op for c sect in the first place.. My gynae say for now it's quite low chance they will be turning down, no space
Oh rmb to check the pricing for twins.. Have extra charges but also extra medisave claims..
My gynae says mine still got space to grow and move so still got chance .. ya i think medisave claims only extra $450.

My gynae says mine still got space to grow and move so still got chance .. ya i think medisave claims only extra $450.
I went for the tour and asked about the rates.. Apparently is $450 per day..

Attachments

• 1418795732876.jpg
    1418795732876.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 477
Hi Mummies,

My wife n I expecting twins too... So glad to be able to find this thread...
We did SO-IUI in Nov and jus confirm 2 heart beat last week.

We already have a 5 yr old boy... Feeling excited and stress at e same time.

Wow suddenly this thread is so alive.
Ellesie, I'm the same as you. My elder daughter is turning 4 next week. And my edd is July.
Risk with twins is premature labour, so usually If you can last till 36 weeks, that's considered very good already.
I used to be seeing gynae in Mt E, but my gynae advised me to go to KKH for fear of premature labour. If twins are premature, they need to stay in nicu and the cost of nicu at Mt E is about $1k per child. So if they need to stay for 25 days, that's $50k already.
So I'm checking out KKH. Also in order to get subsidised rates for the twins, the mom needs to be warded in ward B2. (6 bedder). I don't like it but I'm going to find out more at KKH.
Just checking out options.

Confinement ladies, I callec PEM. They quoted me $3450 for twins. Reasonable rate but not sure of quality.

Also my gynae at Mt E said because twins are considered high risk pregnancy, Kkh will usually assign senior consultant to you.

tks ohlahlah for checking out. pls share.

I also scared they need nicu then I worry cannot afford like eg 50 -80k bill if at pte hospital. if v premature private hospital may not be as equipped as kkh nicu. emergency cs for 1 kid is 10k already (1 bedded on yr private doc).

any insurance to buy? maybe dont wan to sell us too cos twins being premature the probability is so high and once claim can claim a lot too.

how to choose our private doc to deliver , yet if emergency can stay at kkh? means our gynae must practise at kkh too?

Last edited:
Yes if you want to deliver at Kkh, then the gynae must practice at Kkh or at least a visiting consiltant I think.
There are a few senior gynaes in Kkh that are not bad I heard. But if you specifically select them, then you are not eligible to subsidy. So maybe i will specifically choose a gynae at Kkh and forego the subsidy. So still be slightly cheaper than Mt E I hope.

Hi all, my twin girls are expected to be due in March... They are my number 3 and 4... My first two boys are now 7 and 8... :)

Hi oohlahlah, we did the harmony test for twins....my doc said it's more accurate than Oscar test...

Hi all, I am pregnant with twins, edd mid aug, this is my #2 & #3 , #1 is a girl currently 2.5yo. Hope to join this group to learn more as first time expecting twins, feeling excited and nervous :)

Hi, me too expecting twins, due in May 2015. These are my #2 and #3.. So far know only 1 gender- boy as the other played hide and seek with my gynae last visit...

hi twin mummies..do u feel yr tummy is growing faster n bigger than just having one? do u feel lots of cramps? im feeling lots of cramps and my tummy seem.huge.

where can we do harmony test? how much?

Last edited:
Same here expecting #2/3. Will u plan to get a twin stroller? How's your helper? Which country is she from? Is your helper agency good for recommendation ? Im on the lookout for agency to get domestic helper too.
Hi, sorry I was away and only back yesterday. I dun think I will get on twin stroller. Maybe just get another single stroller since I already have one stroller from my no #1. My helper is from Indo. She's been with us since Feb this year and so far so good. She can follow instructions and have self initiative as well. She also gets along with my no #1. The only minus point is she's too soft so sometimes she cannot handle my gal but I'm ok with it as taking care my gal is not her prime duty. I get my helper from my colleague recommendation. I think it's based on luck also. It's my first time hiring helper and manage to get a good one. My colleague hire from the same agency but hers is phil and she has a hard time with her. u may pm me if you need the agency contact.

hi twin mummies..do u feel yr tummy is growing faster n bigger than just having one? do u feel lots of cramps? im feeling lots of cramps and my tummy seem.huge.

where can we do harmony test? how much?
yes, my bigger is definitely much bigger compared to having my no#1 time. I am not sure about harmony as my gynae hasn't suggested yet. But I will skip oscar as I dun want to make any decision just in case touch wood, one of the babies are not well.

Hi mummies...

Anyone feeling a lot more serious MS wearing first tri?

My wife seems to be very unwell now... (7-8weeks). Throwing up everything she eats and contstantly very tired and feeling miserable.

usually I heard tri 1 involve a lot of throwing up than tri 2. and if twins the hormones are double so the effect is amplified..

not sure if I need to get a new maid.. my no 1 dont like my maid always ask her to go away.. but sometimes wan to sleep will ask for her.

Hi mummies...

Anyone feeling a lot more serious MS wearing first tri?

My wife seems to be very unwell now... (7-8weeks). Throwing up everything she eats and contstantly very tired and feeling miserable.

it is also not a bad thing to have ms, cos heard hormones good thats why. My #1 no ms at all and now despite having twins oso no ms at all, sometimes oso cant help worrying normal anot. Anyone else having twins and no ms too? I do have spotting on off eversince I know I pregnant til now.

I dun take double dose. As per my gynae 5mg is enough even for twins. Just had my 12 weeks scan, both bbs r doing well and about the same size. I skip oscar test. Anyone doing oscar test for twins?

Hi mummies, I'm expecting twins too. Edd is 5 Jun. So probably will delivery May 2015. This is my second and third child. First boy is 21 mths old. A bit worried about how to handle a 2yr and pair of twins.

Anyone figured how to fit 3 car seats in a mpv? We have a stream so definitely no space for double pram. Only 1 single pram.

Anyone else having identical twins? My twins have separate water bags but one placenta. So a bit worried about twin to twin transfusion risk :( just pray all go smoothly.

Morning sickness for me was bad. Just ended at week 15-16. Was practically in bed all day.

I did NT scan and harmony test because gyne said more accurate. So I know Im having twin girls :) all test came back normal. :)

Back