Milk intake

Aksram

Any mommies share how much milk does 9 months old baby need to drink if he take solids ?

I was shocked when my Neighbour says that milk intake should be atlwsst 4-5 times a day ( say around 120 ml per feed ) and solid should be just few spoons .. Is that true

Could someone help me on this with ur suggestions

As long as your kid is doing well, gaining weight and meeting milestones, should be ok. My daughter latch on demand, i dont even know how much she drinks. But she eats very well at 9mo, 5 meals a day kind but around 2 tablespoon per meal only.

Hi Aksram, as a guide I think 3-4 times per day of milk intake will be a good guide. U may give cereal mixed with breast milk or formula for 2 feeds the rest to be bm/ or formula. I agree with Reipie that as long as ur little ones is graining weight and hit milestones should be fine. I hope my advise dun come too late :) takr care

oh my goodness! its definitely not true what ur neighbour says. since about 7 months, my girl has 2 to 3 meals of porridge a day or cereal with milk (we throw friso milk into her brown rice cereal or pureeds). in between will be 2 to 3 milk feeds, each about 150ml.
we will try to feed till she is full, which she indicates very well by pushing our hand away. if i try to force it she may vomit. :p the medical professionals say as long as the child follows the growth curve and hit all their milestones well is good enough. let me know if u need more resources on this!

Back