May 2018 Mummies

Hello all! 2nd time mummy here. #1 just joined us this year only and I'm expecting with my #2! Any FB group for May 2018 mummys? =)

Btw, congrats to all!

Sadly, i just gotten the referral letter last Sat. Still waiting for them to call me.... Polyclinic say they will call me to arrange an appt. But I cant wait anymore. I'm 8 weeks now with no first check up. Should I be anxious..?

I'm going for my first appt at NUH this Friday. Gotten my referral letter from Polyclinic too. My #1 was also under subsidized. =) Don't worry! I'm now 9 weeks preg, but yet to go for appt too.

You can call them to fix an appt under subsidy

I request online for appt before the referral letter. They email me to inform I will be paying as private patient since I dont have referral letter.
So now I email back to say I have it already. They ask me to scan and send to them...

I'm going for my first appt at NUH this Friday. Gotten my referral letter from Polyclinic too. My #1 was also under subsidized. =) Don't worry! I'm now 9 weeks preg, but yet to go for appt too.

I'm glad i'm not alone! hope everything goes well for you and bb :)) seems like alot of people choose NUH (for gov hosp other than KKH)
I hope mine is doing fine inside too..

I request online for appt before the referral letter. They email me to inform I will be paying as private patient since I dont have referral letter.
So now I email back to say I have it already. They ask me to scan and send to them...

I'm glad i'm not alone! hope everything goes well for you and bb :)) seems like alot of people choose NUH (for gov hosp other than KKH)

Don't worry! Will be fine. =) NUH also nearer for me and I prefer NUH over to KKH.

Actually you can use my gynae. My doctor friend recommend me one, he told him he is popular among alot of gynae. He is Prof Biswas from NUH. Take note his appt always full, booked him asap. You may also see his reviews all around.

Hi gals
Great to discover this thread! I'm also edd May2018.

I'm looking for Gynae with good experience and track records for c-sect. I have multiple fibroids , thus worried about complications.
Any recommendations? appreciate your helps

Thanks v v much :)

Actually you can use my gynae. My doctor friend recommend me one, he told him he is popular among alot of gynae. He is Prof Biswas from NUH. Take note his appt always full, booked him asap. You may also see his reviews all around.

Hi gals
Great to discover this thread! I'm also edd May2018.

I'm looking for Gynae with good experience and track records for c-sect. I have multiple fibroids , thus worried about complications.
Any recommendations? appreciate your helps

Thanks v v much :)

Hi all mummies! Congrats first time mum to be here and my edd is May too. I was seeing Dr Phua Soo Mear but thought that his visits were always v rushed and i only get 5-10 min max with him. Am switching to Dr Jonathan Wee. Saw he has all good reviews so hopefully i will like him!

I am a sub patient with NUH too.. and my 1st appt with them was when i am 12 weeks! the horror of waiting.

I have to see a private gynae to confirm my pregnancy at 8wks coz i can't wait.

I am a sub patient with NUH too.. and my 1st appt with them was when i am 12 weeks! the horror of waiting.

I am into my 9 wks now. Did your gynae prescribed a lot of vitamins ? I have to take 4 types of vitamins now that I have phobia of swallowing tablets :(

I am into my 9 wks now. Did your gynae prescribed a lot of vitamins ? I have to take 4 types of vitamins now that I have phobia of swallowing tablets :(

i only start taking prenatal vit after 1st tri.
only took folic acid for 1st tri.
doc give me fish oil, prenatal vit and calcium. sometimes I will forget to take also. ha

omg. 12 weeks! I can't wait already lor... but if i now go private gynae, is counted as what? Check up..?

omg. 12 weeks! I can't wait already lor... but if i now go private gynae, is counted as what? Check up..?

Yap, a normal check up, 1st consultation more expensive, subsequent will be cheaper. Anyway most gynae don't offer package till after 1st tri. Who knows if you are comfortable with that doc you might just stick to him.

I have to go back to NUH becoz my previous pregnancy was complicated and born there thus all my records are there. I know that my current pregnancy will be complicated as well thus have to go sub route to save on medication cost.

I still remember when the sub clinic doc was a bit panic when she heard of my complication and my 1st visit with them is when i am 12 weeks. I was given a priority to go Oscar test the next day. hehe

Yap, a normal check up, 1st consultation more expensive, subsequent will be cheaper. Anyway most gynae don't offer package till after 1st tri. Who knows if you are comfortable with that doc you might just stick to him.

I have to go back to NUH becoz my previous pregnancy was complicated and born there thus all my records are there. I know that my current pregnancy will be complicated as well thus have to go sub route to save on medication cost.

I still remember when the sub clinic doc was a bit panic when she heard of my complication and my 1st visit with them is when i am 12 weeks. I was given a priority to go Oscar test the next day. hehe

Oh dear... how many weeks are you now?

I'm really thinking to go to private gynae if they still dont schedule me for appt next week!!
But serious la, go gov hosp is because of 1 reason... wanna save money ma.. :(

Oh dear... how many weeks are you now?

I'm really thinking to go to private gynae if they still dont schedule me for appt next week!!
But serious la, go gov hosp is because of 1 reason... wanna save money ma.. :(

I am 16wks now. I would say... if you don't have complication you can go to private gynae.
Maybe SGH has shorter Q time. NUH is pretty crazy this round. not sure y it become so popular after 2 yrs from my last delivery. hahhaa. I was very pleased with the services provided by them during my last delivery, i might switch to private at my last tri if I meet a good doc and my condition is stablised. :) My issue is the long term mediciation cost which is a preventative measure for sustaining my pregnancy. $7.50/jab/day vs $2.8/jab/day, the choice is very obvious for me. :) If not i would have gone to a private gynae. hahaha

Not sure about SGH but NUH don't scan your bb on every visit. In fact, i seen the doc 3 times and i was only being scan once for Oscar test, the rest of the time is just listen to heartbeat.

I am 16wks now. I would say... if you don't have complication you can go to private gynae.
Maybe SGH has shorter Q time. NUH is pretty crazy this round. not sure y it become so popular after 2 yrs from my last delivery. hahhaa. I was very pleased with the services provided by them during my last delivery, i might switch to private at my last tri if I meet a good doc and my condition is stablised. :) My issue is the long term mediciation cost which is a preventative measure for sustaining my pregnancy. $7.50/jab/day vs $2.8/jab/day, the choice is very obvious for me. :) If not i would have gone to a private gynae. hahaha

Not sure about SGH but NUH don't scan your bb on every visit. In fact, i seen the doc 3 times and i was only being scan once for Oscar test, the rest of the time is just listen to heartbeat.

I see... SGH just emailed me. the earliest date they can give is 8th November. How ah!!
So late man! :( :(
Omg I'm so lost.

I see... SGH just emailed me. the earliest date they can give is 8th November. How ah!!
Omg I'm so lost.

Go see a private gynae first and if no complication i think you can see SGH next since its in a months time. How many weeks are you now?

I'm about 8 weeks now. guess i'll have to do that. no choice! :(
Hi Baby Fats, I called clinic G (subsidised) to change my 1st appointment (arranged through Polyclinic) to a much earlier date. Do try! They are quite nice - if they have an earlier slot, they will arrange for you.

Hi Everyone, I am new here. :)
11.5 weeks now, EDD end of April 2018.
2nd time mum but my no.1 is already 17 so I am practically starting all over again.
High risk pregnancy as I am turning 42 in a few months.
Going subsidied route with NUH as I am happy to go for all the tests necessary to make sure everything is fine and I believe it will cost a lot if there are no subsidies.

o so you be like me! when you see the Doc in 8 Nov, you be around 12 weeks rite? maybe let SGH know you be 12 weeks by then and keep calling their appt line to see if anyone cancelled

Yes that's right. I will do so. Thanks for your advise!

Maybe you can check with SGH if you can downgrade later after 1st appt as private?

I have a referral letter so will have the subsidized fee. SGH confirmed via email regarding this. consultation $39 haha

Hi Baby Fats, I called clinic G (subsidised) to change my 1st appointment (arranged through Polyclinic) to a much earlier date. Do try! They are quite nice - if they have an earlier slot, they will arrange for you.

2nd time mum but my no.1 is already 17 so I am practically starting all over again.
Going subsidied route with NUH as I am happy to go for all the tests necessary to make sure everything is fine and I believe it will cost a lot if there are no subsidies.

Hi Alez! my appt is arrange through SGH. I scanned my letter to them. not scheduled by polyclinic.
Btw, your children's age gap is almost like my husband and his sis... 16 years apart, lol!

Maybe we bump into each other. I am seeing high risk doc at Clinic G too. my appt are mostly on friday

Yes that's right. I will do so. Thanks for your advise!

I have a referral letter so will have the subsidized fee. SGH confirmed via email regarding this. consultation $39 haha

Hi Alez! my appt is arrange through SGH. I scanned my letter to them. not scheduled by polyclinic.
Btw, your children's age gap is almost like my husband and his sis... 16 years apart, lol!

Just try lah. But also check which clinic is for sub patients and which is for Pte patients so you can make the appointment at the right clinic.

Mine 17 years apart.. lol... my Daughter is worried because of our advanced age. She has been nagging us to hurry up the last 5 years - we did try but had an ovarian ectopic ... ;(

Omg I'm so lost.
think you have to keep calling them and ask got any earlier slot or not. if not try other hospital? mine is nuh sub. they give me appointment 2 weeks after my polyclinic visit leh. but really have to keep calling and ask la.

since there is quite a few nuh sub patients here, can i ask for your experience there? cos my husband heard from others that we will be seeing those "fresh grad" doctors if we are sub patients. is it really the case? so we are still deciding want to switch to private or remain as sub patients.

Thanks very much Yuking!
Ya you are right, he's famous. Difficult to book. Will prefer private practice, if possible.

Hi all mummies!

I'm looking to sell the prenatal vitamins that I got from Dr Wendy Teo at Mount Elizabeth Novena.

It's new and seal has been broken but I have not consumed any. I will provide pics of the bottle with my name and receipt from clinic as proof of purchase.

Am selling these pills as I have to switch to liquid vitamin due to fear of swallowing tablets.

Please PM me for details, price is negotiable!

Actually after having my 2 girls and meeting so many mummies who have shared their gynae costs.. then i realised my gynae is really cheap. Week 9 i already paid package price for scanning $360 all the way until i give birth. Every time i go and see him from now on it will be $80 consultation fee thats it.

And my friends still get a shock when they know i gave birth at mount e.. single bedder.. 3d2n.. after medisave 2.4k. Cos my friend gave birth at kkh paid 3k for single bedder 3d2n.. but she took epi.. so its quite comparable bcos my gynae's birth charges are relatively affordable..

I dont know if he has upped his birth charges.. but even if he has upped them a few hundred.. still affordable i feel..

Just a mini rant; I was explaining myself at work because someone wrongly accused me. The person felt I was super defensive and said, “i think you are pregnant, you are having hormone change.” What?! It doesn’t even make sense? Be it I am preg or not, I would still stand up for myself and explain myself to clear any misunderstanding. How is that link to my pregnancy?

Second case, I told my friend I was upset with my husband, who went ‘missing’ for 6 hours and uncontactable. My husband is always very responsive on calls and whatsapp. My friend told me, “you are pregnant, hormone change, i think that’s why you need a lot of attention now.” Oh cmon, how is my pregnancy accountable for my worry to my husband who went MIA for 6 hours?

I wish people would stop putting ‘pregnancy’ tag on everything I feel or think. I am still a normal person.

Actually after having my 2 girls and meeting so many mummies who have shared their gynae costs.. then i realised my gynae is really cheap. Week 9 i already paid package price for scanning $360 all the way until i give birth. Every time i go and see him from now on it will be $80 consultation fee thats it.

And my friends still get a shock when they know i gave birth at mount e.. single bedder.. 3d2n.. after medisave 2.4k. Cos my friend gave birth at kkh paid 3k for single bedder 3d2n.. but she took epi.. so its quite comparable bcos my gynae's birth charges are relatively affordable..

I dont know if he has upped his birth charges.. but even if he has upped them a few hundred.. still affordable i feel..
Hi can I know who is your gynae? And you gave birth at mount e novena?

Just checking how frequent do u experience abdominal discomfort/pulling.. And how do u deal with e discomfort?

i feel it almost everyday esp at night. my gynae said it's normal so i didnt do anything. it's quite manageable except for a couple of times.

last night the discomfort was quite bad when i was about to go to bed and i teared cos it was really painful. my hub talked to bb and asked bb to let me rest, amazingly the discomfort did go away!!

Hi all

This is my 2nd preg after my mc is 2015 at 20 weeks. EDD is 7 May most likely deliver in end apr due to my 1st one is a csect case. I see
Dr Fong at his clinic in mount E novena. He is a more careful gynea during 1st trimester that I have to go back for progesterone injection every week. But I have low progesterone history(due to my PCOS)since my first birth so I'm quite use to it. He is not my first born gynea, I change due to my gynea had retired. MS hit my very badly for this one bloated till vomit, after vomit sure bleed.

Jia you every one!!

Hi all mummies, nice to meet you! I'm first time mummy after long waiting...
Now is 9 weeks.
I did my first scaning on 7 weeks, doctor said "congrats! It's TWINS!!"
Any Mummies having twins here?
First time very nervous and don't know what to do...
My gyane only will see me up to 12 weeks, after that will need to look for other gyane for delivery...
any recommends gynae in mount A and TmC?

Hi all mummies, nice to meet you! I'm first time mummy after long waiting...
Now is 9 weeks.
I did my first scaning on 7 weeks, doctor said "congrats! It's TWINS!!"
Any Mummies having twins here?
First time very nervous and don't know what to do...
My gyane only will see me up to 12 weeks, after that will need to look for other gyane for delivery...
any recommends gynae in mount A and TmC?
Hi Beamum,

Congrats on your twin.

Do u have preference like male or female gynea. Or maybe u can ask ur current gynea if he have any one to recommend u?

@babyfats You can read up the other threads if they have good recommendation on gynea in the west. I stay in the east so I only know abt those in the east.

As for blood test, think for some of us who are contemplating/have done the hcg test, it's usually because we might have encountered complications during our previous pregnancies so will just like to play safe.

But if you're not feeling extremely unwell, like severe cramps or spotting, then I guess it's okay to just see the gynea thou he/she might only want to see you in your 6-7 weeks.

Hi Dear,

Looking for advice pls. Running 8 weeks , want to book a scan do i need to consult a gynae first and then go for scan or vice versa.

Can anyone pls recommend me a gynae in east side who can also do scan.

Sorry for stupid query but new to Singapore and have no medical save policy so will be a private patient.

Dear All,

Looking for advice pls. Running 8 weeks , want to book a scan do i need to consult a gynae first and then go for scan or vice versa.

Sorry for stupid query but new to Singapore and have no medical save policy so will be a private patient.

Dear All,

Hi, congrats! I’m seeing Dr Geraldine tan at katong. She does scan and can deliver for you.

Hi, congrats! I’m seeing Dr Geraldine tan at katong. She does scan and can deliver for you.
Thanks a lot for your reply and also sharing on the gyane. May i request to ask you the tentative cost for 1st consultation and scan pls. ( if you are fine to share )

Many thanks again...

Thanks a lot for your reply and also sharing on the gyane. May i request to ask you the tentative cost for 1st consultation and scan pls. ( if you are fine to share )

Many thanks again...

I paid about $220 for the 1st consultation and scan including sat surcharge of $20. Oh, they don’t accept credit card, so you have to pay by cash or nets. I took a photo of her charges, you can refer here.
IMG_1403.JPG

Back