May 2018 Mummies

I've send FB invites to all those mummies who have provided me with their email address, and add into Whatsapp group to all those mummies who have provided me with their number. Please pm me again if i miss anyone of you out. Thanks!

I have went for my week 9 scan. Scheduled to do the down syndrome test in the next appt. What test do most mummies choose? I am choosing the Oscar test, hopefully that is good enough to detect.

Hi mummies, I'm feeling very confused - where should i go for my check ups? Currently about 7 weeks now.
I heard that KKH need to wait very long even though got appointment. Should I head to a women clinic near me?
I prefer in the west area, so if there's any issues I can just go immediately, unlike hospital, usually need appointments.
Any recommended clinics in the west area?

Btw, I'm feeling very worried cos I dont know how's the fetus inside me? (i've read stories abt how fetus's heartbeat stop suddenly) This is my first pregnancy, is anybody else feeling the same as me? Am i thinking too much?

The only symptoms I'm having is constipation and peeing more often.
Not morning sickness or anything else.

TIA!

Last edited:
Baby fats, you can go kkh to check if you want to save cost. Else can go in those private clinic like thomson's women kind to check.

Baby fats, you can go kkh to check if you want to save cost. Else can go in those private clinic like thomson's women kind to check.

Yes, but i don't really like it because it's too far and usually need to wait.
I would prefer a clinic near my house but not sure which is recommended.

:(

Yes, but i don't really like it because it's too far and usually need to wait.
I would prefer a clinic near my house but not sure which is recommended.

:(

Check out what are the clinics near your house, which doctor works in those clinics, which hospitals those doctors deliver at, are you okay with the hospital. And research through forums for good reviews.

Hello Everyone! Finally I am here in this forum.

Currently at 9 weeks pregnant. Hope everything goes well *crossfingers&everyotherthing*
I do not have any MS. However I have a bad cough and flu for almost a month! Its terrible and it made my left ear block too!
Almost finishing the cough syrup which doctor prescribed to me. I am also drinking the Almond fig drink from those herbal tea shop which seems to help abit.

I'm seeing OB, Dr Chow at Raffles Hospital. Any reviews on this Dr? I did not research on the doctors actually, choose Raffles because it is covered by my insurance, so just went ahead with it.

Hi mummies, I'm feeling very confused - where should i go for my check ups? Currently about 7 weeks now.
I heard that KKH need to wait very long even though got appointment. Should I head to a women clinic near me?
I prefer in the west area, so if there's any issues I can just go immediately, unlike hospital, usually need appointments.
Any recommended clinics in the west area?

Btw, I'm feeling very worried cos I dont know how's the fetus inside me? (i've read stories abt how fetus's heartbeat stop suddenly) This is my first pregnancy, is anybody else feeling the same as me? Am i thinking too much?

The only symptoms I'm having is constipation and peeing more often.
Not morning sickness or anything else.

TIA!
Hi Babyfats, I guess all pregnancies are different. My #1 I had some morning sickness like nausea and vomiting, but this time around almost nothing.. but yes constipation. Don't worry too much! But do watch out your diet and what u drink, coz first trisem is usuallt still unstable.

Check out what are the clinics near your house, which doctor works in those clinics, which hospitals those doctors deliver at, are you okay with the hospital. And research through forums for good reviews.

Thank you, I think I've found one now.

Hi Babyfats, I guess all pregnancies are different. My #1 I had some morning sickness like nausea and vomiting, but this time around almost nothing.. but yes constipation. Don't worry too much! But do watch out your diet and what u drink, coz first trisem is usuallt still unstable.

I think I read too much... kept worrying and thinking of negative thoughts. Argh!

I think I read too much... kept worrying and thinking of negative thoughts. Argh!
If you're worried, go for gynea checkup for peace of mind. My gynea prescribed duphaston for 1st trisem to 'boost' the pregnancy

Yeah i think u better go for a check up to ease your mind heehee.. which gynae have u decided to visit? You can even ask some friends for gynae recommendations.. my gynae is at Orchard if not I would recommend him to you.. but might be too far for u .. hope you get to see the little beanie soon k! :)

Hello ladies:)
Just found out that I preggy for 6week 4days.. Feeling so nervous & scared as is my first time :) I dun feel like eating much is it normal? Still deciding which gynae to go, any suggestions ??

Yeah i think u better go for a check up to ease your mind heehee.. which gynae have u decided to visit? You can even ask some friends for gynae recommendations.. my gynae is at Orchard if not I would recommend him to you.. but might be too far for u .. hope you get to see the little beanie soon k! :)

Initially I wanted private... but I'm really scared we won't afford the price. So I think - SGH for me.
Very hard for me to go check up also... I work in a school and my boss only allow us to go on leave during sch hols. Most check ups are usually weekday noons...

Hello ladies:)
Just found out that I preggy for 6week 4days.. Feeling so nervous & scared as is my first time :) I dun feel like eating much is it normal? Still deciding which gynae to go, any suggestions ??

First time for me too. About 7 weeks. But my appetite normal.
I'm thinking about SGH. more affordable and nearer for me (compared to KKH).
you?

Is anybody facing constipation like me now?? Tried drinking fruit juice, yoghurt drink, fruits.. but didn't help at all T_T

Initially I wanted private... but I'm really scared we won't afford the price. So I think - SGH for me.
Very hard for me to go check up also... I work in a school and my boss only allow us to go on leave during sch hols. Most check ups are usually weekday noons...

First time for me too. About 7 weeks. But my appetite normal.
I'm thinking about SGH. more affordable and nearer for me (compared to KKH).
you?
Keep feeling nausea & mood swings... Mine nearest is at Northeast area, Thomson woman clinic.. SGH & KKH too far & waiting time long..

Keep feeling nausea & mood swings... Mine nearest is at Northeast area, Thomson woman clinic.. SGH & KKH too far & waiting time long..

No choice, if want affordable...
I am nearing 8 weeks but haven't been to a real check up yet. I feel like a terrible mum.....
Going to call SGH later.

Hello, was tested positive recently. Edd is end may but think will pop early since it's my 4th pregnancy. Went for a scan yesterday but still too small to be seen. Going back for a review in 2 weeks time.

Im with Dr Ben Neo. His clinic is at lucky plaza 5th floor and he delivers at mount e orchard only. Very paternal figure. Very experienced gynae. I think he handled my birth very well and did a very good job with the stiches as compared to my first gynae heehee.

You will have to ask yourself if you prefer a male or female gynae first.. then ask for recommendations.. some gynaes are very popular and the waiting times are long but their consultations are CHOP CHOP! So really need to ask around.. my gynae's fees are quite reasonable also thats why Im good with him.. :)

Hope u find a suitable gynae soon babe! :)

Im with Dr Ben Neo. His clinic is at lucky plaza 5th floor and he delivers at mount e orchard only. Very paternal figure. Very experienced gynae. I think he handled my birth very well and did a very good job with the stiches as compared to my first gynae heehee.

You will have to ask yourself if you prefer a male or female gynae first.. then ask for recommendations.. some gynaes are very popular and the waiting times are long but their consultations are CHOP CHOP! So really need to ask around.. my gynae's fees are quite reasonable also thats why Im good with him.. :)

Hope u find a suitable gynae soon babe! :)

Hi Bellabebe,

Sounds like I can put him in my list. Hehe. I don’t mind male or female doctor. But I personally feel that male doctors will be better in deliveries. Haha. Don’t know why I have this impression.

Thanks for your recommendation.

Created a secret group for May mummies already. only may mummies allowed please. you can pm me your email so that I can add you in.

congrats to all mum to be here!!
I am new member and hope to join the closed group as my EDD will be early May 2018.
Have sent you my email and contact numbers for the WA groups.. thank you!!

Hihi.... I now seeing Dr Douglas Ong at Bukit Timah Plaza. I find him not bad..

QUOTE="babyfats, post: 8564156, member: 200719"]Hello ladies. got BFP this this morning:

What is the next step I should take now?

Can anyone recommend me a good GP in the west?
Will the GP refer me to a Gynae?

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

QUOTE="babyfats, post: 8564156, member: 200719"]Hello ladies. got BFP this this morning:

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Thanks in advance!
[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your recommendation. I decided to go SGH as it's subsidize :)

Hi mummies, just checking if there is any secret FB group set up already? i prefer to join a secret group as i'm not ready to announce on FB yet
there is one secret group for May Mummies. i think i have just send you the invitation to the secret FB group. Do let me know if you do not received it.

anyway, i have sent to all mummies who have send me their email invitations to the secret May FB group and also add those who give me hp number to whatsapp group. Do let me know again if any of you have pm me but i haven't add you all in.

Hihi... can add me? My phone number is 85009993

QUOTE="rong50, post: 8573265, member: 182220"]anyway, i have sent to all mummies who have send me their email invitations to the secret May FB group and also add those who give me hp number to whatsapp group. Do let me know again if any of you have pm me but i haven't add you all in.[/QUOTE]

Hi gals
Great to discover this thread! I'm also edd May2018.

I'm looking for Gynae with good experience and track records for c-sect. I have multiple fibroids , thus worried about complications.
Any recommendations? appreciate your helps

Thanks v v much :)

My colleague went to SGH too...was an okay experience....which doc are you seeing?

Sadly, i just gotten the referral letter last Sat. Still waiting for them to call me.... Polyclinic say they will call me to arrange an appt. But I cant wait anymore. I'm 8 weeks now with no first check up. Should I be anxious..?

Back