Maternity wear for Plus size?

sharkles

I am a usual UK16-18 wearer and now that i am pregnant i feel as if i am being thrown back to many years ago where i dont have clothes to wear. I have to end up looking like a piece of rice sack.

I am getting super stressed cos it seems like there isnt maternity wear for plus size in Singapore. Where do plus size mummies get their clothes? =(((

I have checked out Bove, not sure if their clothes will fit, i need to try. Meanwhile, anyone know where i can start looking at Maternity wear and bras locally? I prefer not to buy from Taobao cos their sizes are small and its quite frustrating buying from taobao. My chinese is limited and their sizing/model also not very accurate.

I read that there is H&M maternity, which outlet? Do you all know if Marks and Spencer has maternity range? I get my bra from there and i dunno if they carry maternity bra.

If worst come to worst gotta order from US sites like AOS but am hoping i have some alternatives locally. I cant be the only plus size mtb in singapore right =(((

I got my bra from mothercare, they do have some big sizes as well. M&S do have selective maternity bras as well. Not much of a variety. Else, u can always get those non wired cotton bras, and maybe a bra extenders as well.

Dont bother to go spring maternity. You'll be frustrated as well. Having said that, i managed to get a skirt, the biggest is XL if i am not mistaken, and i managed to fit in that. Ohhh, i am normally a size 14-16. But for pants, i need bigger size as my buttocks quite wide. So, normally skirts and dresses works well on me.

Most of the times, i use normal (not maternity) clothings. Just get a size bigger. M&S also have skirts with elastic bands which i believe suitable for maternity as well. Go to marina square, (i think) they have some of the sales stuffs there.
Check out mothercare at harbourfront outlet as well, you might be lucky as sometimes they do have bigger sizes as well. If they dont, you can always survey for your baby needs.

Hope all these help abit tho.

Another point to note... as we plus size mummies are alrdy big in real life... sometimes... SOMETIMES... pregnancy will be a lil kind to us. We wont have that much stretch marks and sometimes... maybe sometimes... we wont be putting on too much weight as well. Hehhe..

Good luck!

I got my bra from mothercare, they do have some big sizes as well. M&S do have selective maternity bras as well. Not much of a variety. Else, u can always get those non wired cotton bras, and maybe a bra extenders as well.

Dont bother to go spring maternity. You'll be frustrated as well. Having said that, i managed to get a skirt, the biggest is XL if i am not mistaken, and i managed to fit in that. Ohhh, i am normally a size 14-16. But for pants, i need bigger size as my buttocks quite wide. So, normally skirts and dresses works well on me.

Most of the times, i use normal (not maternity) clothings. Just get a size bigger. M&S also have skirts with elastic bands which i believe suitable for maternity as well. Go to marina square, (i think) they have some of the sales stuffs there.
Check out mothercare at harbourfront outlet as well, you might be lucky as sometimes they do have bigger sizes as well. If they dont, you can always survey for your baby needs.

Hope all these help abit tho.

Another point to note... as we plus size mummies are alrdy big in real life... sometimes... SOMETIMES... pregnancy will be a lil kind to us. We wont have that much stretch marks and sometimes... maybe sometimes... we wont be putting on too much weight as well. Hehhe..

Good luck!

Thanks dear i will check out mothercare. On spring maternity they do have certain stuff in xl or xxl. Not sure about the shops.

I am getting worried thinking i need to start looking for work outfit and weekend casual outfit as the pregnancy progresses.

I am hoping that i dont put on much weight, crossing fingers+

Hi Sharkles, I'm also a UK16-18 wearer. Dunno where to get plus size maternity wear as well. ASOS is quite ex leh. I tried searching in Qoo10 but only can find those limited sizes :\

Hi Sharkles, I'm also a UK16-18 wearer. Dunno where to get plus size maternity wear as well. ASOS is quite ex leh. I tried searching in Qoo10 but only can find those limited sizes :\
I gave up on taobao or qoo10. ASOS also not much design or options:(

I am a usual UK16-18 wearer and now that i am pregnant i feel as if i am being thrown back to many years ago where i dont have clothes to wear. I have to end up looking like a piece of rice sack.

I am getting super stressed cos it seems like there isnt maternity wear for plus size in Singapore. Where do plus size mummies get their clothes? =(((

I have checked out Bove, not sure if their clothes will fit, i need to try. Meanwhile, anyone know where i can start looking at Maternity wear and bras locally? I prefer not to buy from Taobao cos their sizes are small and its quite frustrating buying from taobao. My chinese is limited and their sizing/model also not very accurate.

I read that there is H&M maternity, which outlet? Do you all know if Marks and Spencer has maternity range? I get my bra from there and i dunno if they carry maternity bra.

If worst come to worst gotta order from US sites like AOS but am hoping i have some alternatives locally. I cant be the only plus size mtb in singapore right =(((

Exactly the advice I was looking for. First time mum here. And before pregnancy & normally having 12-14 size (14 only on bottoms), ordinary local stores already have no biggie sizes for me. So imagine the relief when I saw this post. Thanks :)

Unfortunately not alot of helpful advice so far. I was told to look at ASOS or Bove, or maybe Dorothy perkins and Marks and Spencer. Havent started shopping, will update if i find anything interesting.

Hi im UK 16/18 also and i shopped from newlook, H&M and Dorothy perkins UK sites. Using comgateway or vpost , even using 3rd party shipping agent still cheaper than sg. but i have to say i stocked up my maternity wear during their sale though. If u wanna shop for H&M maternity wear locally only tampines and somerset has. i also shop from Taobao. SG selling v exp. go overseas sites better.

Hi im UK 16/18 also and i shopped from newlook, H&M and Dorothy perkins UK sites. Using comgateway or vpost , even using 3rd party shipping agent still cheaper than sg. but i have to say i stocked up my maternity wear during their sale though. If u wanna shop for H&M maternity wear locally only tampines and somerset has. i also shop from Taobao. SG selling v exp. go overseas sites better.

taobao seems like a hit or miss. maybe my chinese CMI and i also abit scared of TB so many horror stories on their purchase esp clothes. Looks like i need to check out H&M Somerset to see if there is anything suitable =X

I went to dorothy perkins, not much stretchy dresses. Marks and spencer has maternity bra but not clothes. H&M somerset has a super sad collection. Maybe one hidden small corner.

Hopefully bove and mothercare at vivo has better options. Otherwise its really online shopping at ASOS

Hi im also a plus size, when i got pregnant i look out for alternative clothes like those flowy tops and leggings, u can try to look in song & songs they have branch in holland, the xl size dresses in gap is also good. Reminder to watch on your sugar intake mommies

Mothercare vivo is small, and in my opinion not much stuffs. Better go to the one at harbourfront ctr. That's the flagship store.

I'm pregnant and plus sized too, about UK18.. bought a couple of maternity shorts and leggings from taobao and they fit me well.

ASOS I always look at their sale section.
At the end I only paid 20-30+ for their maternity dress and look really much better than SG maternity dress.

The maternity clothes including the dresses, jeans should be convenient and comfortable. Take a note to the collection of maternity dresses for various of occasions which are well chosen from amazon best sellers. If you want to know more about one you can take a look for what the buyers said.

Back