Maternity & Baby Products

Baby fairs! Went to Baby's Hyperstore and Baby's Kingdom over the weekend, although they have more selection than retail stores (in terms of strollers and car seats) but find their pricing the same as elsewhere. I saw a set of swaddlers going for $50 plus and only bought at half price during the baby expo.

baby fairs or amazon as it is much cheaper than purchasing in stores

will be collecting used clothes, cots and watever from my relatives and friends so that i will not waste too much money too

Hi

Where would you recommend or get your maternity and baby products?

Hi fatherwannabe,

I would recommend that you go online for a list of items that you will need for your new baby. Many sites offer these useful tips, and you should review lists from a few websites to gauge what items are the absolute necessary and what items are best to have.
Then, visit at least 3 baby fairs and online shops such as Ebay, Amazon, Rakuten, https://72WEAR.com and other maternity wear shops without buying anything, just to compare prices. You will find that you will need certain items sooner than the rest, such as maternity clothes. All moms need to understand that comfortable maternity clothes are really important to not only lift up their current spirits but also to help get them into the mold of a new expectant mother.
After the first trimester passes, you will share the good news with your friends, colleagues and family. At that time you will be ready for the barrage of information and tips that will be shared with you and your wife. Not to mention, you may be fortunate to have handmedowns passed on to you from those who care.
Good luck!

Hi fatherwannabe,

I would recommend that you go online for a list of items that you will need for your new baby. Many sites offer these useful tips, and you should review lists from a few websites to gauge what items are the absolute necessary and what items are best to have.
Then, visit at least 3 baby fairs and online shops such as Ebay, Amazon, Rakuten, https://72WEAR.com and other maternity wear shops without buying anything, just to compare prices. You will find that you will need certain items sooner than the rest, such as maternity clothes. All moms need to understand that comfortable maternity clothes are really important to not only lift up their current spirits but also to help get them into the mold of a new expectant mother.
After the first trimester passes, you will share the good news with your friends, colleagues and family. At that time you will be ready for the barrage of information and tips that will be shared with you and your wife. Not to mention, you may be fortunate to have handmedowns passed on to you from those who care.
Good luck!

Thanks for sharing. This is helpful for first time daddy like me.

@LeahPenelope : yeap.. that's right.. i will be going..
@Anthony Goh : this week is a big baby fair.. nov & dec there is as well.. but it should be smaller fairs.. u can check out this week's fair.. ;)

Last edited:
Hi LeahPenelope,

I would be going on Sat.. Friday after work a little tiring though esp working around central area.. :)

Would like to ask, Our EDD is May next year. Are the discounts substantial enough to start buying so early? (Considering a big baby fair happens not often)

Would like to ask, Our EDD is May next year. Are the discounts substantial enough to start buying so early? (Considering a big baby fair happens not often)
hi there, baby fairs mostly occurs every month.. perhaps u want to take note of those major baby fairs like in Oct (at Singapore Expo.. u can check out this weekend), if im not wrong, there's another in April(can't rem), or smaller fairs also in the co-current months.. u can start plotting what items u need and check out prices.. nearer to the date then purchase them..

We went to smaller fairs before and it's usually by just one company and the one we went was like just a market or pasar Malam if u can it.

The items looked old and yellowish and organization was unpleasant to the eye. Left in 5minutes.

That's why wondering how often big fairs come along and whether any good discounts worth getting so early (in case miss the next big fair)

hi there, baby fairs mostly occurs every month.. perhaps u want to take note of those major baby fairs like in Oct (at Singapore Expo.. u can check out this weekend), if im not wrong, there's another in April(can't rem), or smaller fairs also in the co-current months.. u can start plotting what items u need and check out prices.. nearer to the date then purchase them..

I agree with @krnku, there are so many aspects to look into and so many products that you need to decide whether you need or do not need that the earlier you start visiting baby fairs, the better!

We went to smaller fairs before and it's usually by just one company and the one we went was like just a market or pasar Malam if u can it.

The items looked old and yellowish and organization was unpleasant to the eye. Left in 5minutes.

That's why wondering how often big fairs come along and whether any good discounts worth getting so early (in case miss the next big fair)
well, the next fair is starting from tomorrow at 11am till 9pm at Singapore Expo Hall 5 (if I didnt get the hall no wrongly), Sat is 11am to 9pm, Sun is 11am to 8pm.

if u would want next year schedule, my fb actually prompts me of the events coming up. hope this helps ;)

well, the next fair is starting from tomorrow at 11am till 9pm at Singapore Expo Hall 5 (if I didnt get the hall no wrongly), Sat is 11am to 9pm, Sun is 11am to 8pm.

if u would want next year schedule, my fb actually prompts me of the events coming up. hope this helps ;)
I am thinking when is the next yr event.. Now is too fast to buy baby item for me..

although a bit early for me also, i think i will just go do market research at the baby fair over the weekend.
maybe can get some maternity items first.
the husband warned me that i have to control & don't buy baby's things yet hahaha

although a bit early for me also, i think i will just go do market research at the baby fair over the weekend.
maybe can get some maternity items first.
the husband warned me that i have to control & don't buy baby's things yet hahaha
that happens to all husbands.. when i was much in my 1x weeks.. also said the same thing.. hahaha

that happens to all husbands.. when i was much in my 1x weeks.. also said the same thing.. hahaha

yah lor! esp. coz we haven't told my PIL and parents yet. he say if u buy too many & the item is too big, no place to hide :X

yah lor! esp. coz we haven't told my PIL and parents yet. he say if u buy too many & the item is too big, no place to hide :X
oh, staying with ur PIL? storeroom no space? i even forgot how i told my hubby i was preg.. and i was detected late actually.. lolx

My EDD is next year Apr, actually thinking to go to the recently baby expo fair but too lazy, lucky they announce that they going to have another one on next yr Jan.

Usually whenever out for shopping, will go browse ard to see any discount in baby products and of coz compare the prices. Previously use to buy as i want, end up very wasted, coz most of the things do not need to be use.

My EDD is in April. At first, i wanted to start buying some baby items at the Oct fair. But hubby stopped me. Luckily he was there cos im an impulse buyer. Its good to check out & have a feel of the prices. Ask ard frenz for review & do more research:)

Btw, anyone knows where to buy those maternity pillow? Thks!

Hi, usually I will browse through internet to surf and research the brand I want and compare the price. You may visit www.lazada.sg. They have wide range pf baby product for you to do research and browse through. My first stop for my baby product :)

i have extra avent classic plus gift set from my baby shower. anyone interested please PM me
philips_avent_classic_plus_newborn_starter_set_1447377240_81da6216.jpg
philips_avent_classic_plus_newborn_starter_set_1447377241_bf3825b7.jpg

Back