March 2018 Mummies

I am given multivitamin, calcium and fish oil. I find it so hard to swallow everytime. But for the sake of baby health and growth, I will do anything.

Hi Jewelnight, I do have a preference as well so u are not alone :) I have not gotten my Harmony test results yet but I am hoping for a boy for the first one so that in case we can't/choose not to/no money to have a second one, a boy can already "jiao cai" to my hubby's family u know. They of course did not tell me directly they prefer a boy but they are rather traditional chinese parents. Also, I have an elder brother myself so I'm more used to the order like that.

That being said, if it turns out to be a girl, I will still be happy & I know so will be my hubby. Our only humble hope is for the baby to be healthy and well, everything else is secondary. Like U said, I too believe once U see your second, U will immediately fall in love all over again like the first time :)

Speaking of the Harmony test, I had to redo mine as the first time blood drawn just nice at 10wks had insufficient fetal serum detected. Zzzzz...I have always been quite suay with the blood department so I had to redo again and wait for another 2 weeks to hear the results. Mehhhh.

My hub prefer boy and he is quite vocal about it...
Keep praying for boy when i have my #1... when turn out to be girl, he try to convince himself that there might be a scanning error.. who knows might be boy... :rolleyes:

I want girls~~~~~ even for #2. i still want a girl. wahaha

My PIL are also traditional chinese... My MIL ask my #1 if she want didi or mei mei, my girl always reply Didi/Meimei. she wants both. then my MIL tell her must say DIDI...
I roll my eyes at the back.... PLEASE!!!! be a girl for #2!!!!!

Deep down, i don't mind is boy or girl la... but if girl means PIL wouldn't disturb us so much.. so i naturally prefer girls more. :p

If i am not wrong, pp usually see Dr Ananda for a 2nd opinion after their detail scan. I heard his machines are quite detailed

Yeah Genetic Scan I think usually is the second opinion for those who got high risk for Oscar or Harmony/Panorama.
Still waiting for the result for my Panorama, but have scheduled a Genetic Scan a month ago, wondering if it is too much.

I am very insecure as we have been trying for sometimes and experienced 2 losses previously so yeah..

Ever since trim 2 starts, I keep having headache and dizziness. Any mommies experience the same? And my trim 2 is much worst than trim 1 with more vomiting.

Keep praying for boy when i have my #1... when turn out to be girl, he try to convince himself that there might be a scanning error.. who knows might be boy... :rolleyes:

My PIL are also traditional chinese... My MIL ask my #1 if she want didi or mei mei, my girl always reply Didi/Meimei. she wants both. then my MIL tell her must say DIDI...

Deep down, i don't mind is boy or girl la... but if girl means PIL wouldn't disturb us so much.. so i naturally prefer girls more. :p
Totally opposite of my husband! Everyday he will be talking to our baby and will be like she is blah blah blah, she is blah blah, she, she...I asked him : how you know is a girl btw?! He really wants a girl but based on my eating habits, I got a strong feeling is a boy. So he will always ask me if I have sweet cravings (myth of sweet cravings will have a girl) but im will be like NO, only salty and sour cravings.

I guess no matter girl or boy, most important thing is the baby is healthy!! Personally I think girls are closer to their parents and tend to be more filial. I am sure by the time they grow up, the society might be different, who knows your daughter's kids might be able to take after your surname? My friend's daughters followed her Chinese surname as her husband is an Indian. Best of both worlds! So, dont be disheartened!!

Totally opposite of my husband! Everyday he will be talking to our baby and will be like she is blah blah blah, she is blah blah, she, she...I asked him : how you know is a girl btw?! He really wants a girl but based on my eating habits, I got a strong feeling is a boy. So he will always ask me if I have sweet cravings (myth of sweet cravings will have a girl) but im will be like NO, only salty and sour cravings.

I guess no matter girl or boy, most important thing is the baby is healthy!! Personally I think girls are closer to their parents and tend to be more filial. I am sure by the time they grow up, the society might be different, who knows your daughter's kids might be able to take after your surname? My friend's daughters followed her Chinese surname as her husband is an Indian. Best of both worlds! So, dont be disheartened!!

thanks~ I am not disheartened. Haha
I can't be bother with gender also. I have a complicated pregnancy.. .Can give birth safely to a healthy baby is my own wish.
Boy or girl is never mind.
I am not bother/affected by my hub also haha. He is just saying it only.

Yeah Genetic Scan I think usually is the second opinion for those who got high risk for Oscar or Harmony/Panorama.
Still waiting for the result for my Panorama, but have scheduled a Genetic Scan a month ago, wondering if it is too much.

I am very insecure as we have been trying for sometimes and experienced 2 losses previously so yeah..

Is the genetic scan the same as those 20wks detail scan?
We will have a detail scan at 20 weeks to check all the organs and everything.
Normally pp will go find Dr Ananda if they discover something during the scan at their respective hospital and need a second opinion for a detail scan.

I understand your concern. I experience 2 losses before having my #1 too. Do keep a positive mind. Baby can pick up our emotions in our womb.

Is the genetic scan the same as those 20wks detail scan?
We will have a detail scan at 20 weeks to check all the organs and everything.
Normally pp will go find Dr Ananda if they discover something during the scan at their respective hospital and need a second opinion for a detail scan.

I understand your concern. I experience 2 losses before having my #1 too. Do keep a positive mind. Baby can pick up our emotions in our womb.

Ehh I am not too sure if both (Genetic Scan and 20w Detailed Scan) are similar, I was just being kiasu to book first when I was @ my week 8 :p

Yeah, kept telling myself must not get angry and upset so easily and must have faith in the little tenant inside there. The changes in body and daily life driving me a little crazy, get emo occasionally for not able to sleep/eat/poop well, but for the sake of the baby, SWALLOW!

Ehh I am not too sure if both (Genetic Scan and 20w Detailed Scan) are similar, I was just being kiasu to book first when I was @ my week 8 :p

Yeah, kept telling myself must not get angry and upset so easily and must have faith in the little tenant inside there. The changes in body and daily life driving me a little crazy, get emo occasionally for not able to sleep/eat/poop well, but for the sake of the baby, SWALLOW!

Ah. maybe its the same thing if it is near the 20 weeks.
That details scan is interesting, they will scan for all organs, see blood flow and determine gender if possible.

Do let out your emotions when you have too. Don't coop inside yah.
Sometimes have to close 1 eye and let go. When ur bb is born, u will learn to close 2 eyes! hahhaa
This is my #2 so i am not very strict with myself compare to when i was having #1. I just go with the flow.. Eat what i want or i can.. haha

Ah. maybe its the same thing if it is near the 20 weeks.
That details scan is interesting, they will scan for all organs, see blood flow and determine gender if possible.

Do let out your emotions when you have too. Don't coop inside yah.
Sometimes have to close 1 eye and let go. When ur bb is born, u will learn to close 2 eyes! hahhaa
This is my #2 so i am not very strict with myself compare to when i was having #1. I just go with the flow.. Eat what i want or i can.. haha

The Genetic Scan is scheduled @ week 14, and yaya, I also heard that it's gonne be quite detailed hence I made appointment first. I think I'll keep it for now first while waiting for my Panorama report.

BTW, I think the NT Scan was pretty detailed as well. My sonographer also showed me the blood flow, spine and brain cells lol. I did try my luck asking if she was able to see the gender, she was a bit hesitant lol.

I can only take max one meal per day, and cannot be more than half portion, otherwise, I will get myself into deep shit for the rest of the day till the next day. I am having dry heaving but not able to puke, always felt "stucked" and something's coming out but nothing :( The only "thing" that I can take all the time without making me feeling queasy is - plain water.

My husband was the poorest victim - I "throw up" everything at him, emotionally. My flow = no flow, also = flow all day.

The genetic scan by dr Ananda is very detailed. What I understand is the machine is not anything more advanced. But with his expertise, he does a far more detailed reading of the baby at week 14 for organs, head and limbs, more detailed than the usual sonographer to give a much more accurate reading and assess whether baby has any markers of abnormalities if you've had a unfavorable oscar result.

At 14 weeks genetic scan, organs are more well formed compared to week 12 NT scan. Many couples go for this with Dr Ananda when they dun get a good oscar result and want to avoid amnio test since there is risk of miscarriage. Amnio can only be done in week 14/15.

I am also waiting for my panorama results....hoping it comes back this week.

The genetic scan by dr Ananda is very detailed. What I understand is the machine is not anything more advanced. But with his expertise, he does a far more detailed reading of the baby at week 14 for organs, head and limbs, more detailed than the usual sonographer to give a much more accurate reading and assess whether baby has any markers of abnormalities if you've had a unfavorable oscar result.

At 14 weeks genetic scan, organs are more well formed compared to week 12 NT scan. Many couples go for this with Dr Ananda when they dun get a good oscar result and want to avoid amnio test since there is risk of miscarriage. Amnio can only be done in week 14/15.

I am also waiting for my panorama results....hoping it comes back this week.

May I know when did you do that?
I have got friend who got it back in 7-8 days time and I am hoping to get mine by end of this week.

Gynae drew my blood last Wednesday. He told me wait 10 days for results. So if it's fast I guess should be by this Friday else maybe next week for mine.

By the way, how many vials of blood did your gynae draw? Mine drew 4 vials of blood (2 big 2 small). He also didn't ask if I wanna opt in for micro deletion test so I'm not sure what is being tested for my panorama haha. He did order antenatal blood test so I guess it's the standard hep B, HIV and STD test.

Gynae drew my blood last Wednesday. He told me wait 10 days for results. So if it's fast I guess should be by this Friday else maybe next week for mine.

By the way, how many vials of blood did your gynae draw? Mine drew 4 vials of blood (2 big 2 small). He also didn't ask if I wanna opt in for micro deletion test so I'm not sure what is being tested for my panorama haha. He did order antenatal blood test so I guess it's the standard hep B, HIV and STD test.

Eh same same!! I also had mine done last Wednesday morning!! :p
I think I had 6 vials drawn T_T And same same again that my blood test including the routine blood test (that's what he name the blood test) to check what you mentioned + blood group etc. I checked my receipt and it indicated "Panorama Basic", "Antenatal pkg blood w glucose" and "HB electrophoresis quest"~

Did you do Panorama only or NT + Panorama?

Wah 6 vials. I did NT scan + Panorama. The NT scan was normal thank God!

I was given a report and a CD with most of the photos saved during the scan.
There are 2 readings for each trisomy - background risk and adjusted risk.

Wondering what numbers are considered good..

*worrywart me*:(

Yup I got the same report and CD. Don't read too much into the risk ratios coz it's based completely on your age and bb measurements. If everything looks normal gynae will tell you it's normal.

For my #1 I did full Oscar and the risks ratios makes more sense when it's combined with blood test.

Yup I got the same report and CD. Don't read too much into the risk ratios coz it's based completely on your age and bb measurements. If everything looks normal gynae will tell you it's normal.

For my #1 I did full Oscar and the risks ratios makes more sense when it's combined with blood test.

I haven't seen my gynae yet, heh.
The sonographer told us she's satisfied with the result.

Wait for Panorama result's out then review together..

How far along are you?

I'm 13 weeks half now.
Gynae said clinic will call me once results is back coz I'm only scheduled to see him end Sep.

Wah wah I feel u - espy the rolling eyes part o_O

Actually I personally think it's true. I also feel girls tend to be more considerate generally. There are very filial boys of course but some details, really only the girls will take notice of.

Wah 6 vials. I did NT scan + Panorama. The NT scan was normal thank God!

That's very gd news. Congrats!

I am still waiting for my Harmony test results from the re-drawn blood zzz. Because of the need to re-do the test, everything is pushed back for me. My scan won't happen until end Oct. The wait is quite nail-biting.

Panorama take so many vials? They took 2 from me only.

Ever since trim 2 starts, I keep having headache and dizziness. Any mommies experience the same? And my trim 2 is much worst than trim 1 with more vomiting.

I also having dizziness ever since week 12 till now. I'm currently on my week 14. Have u told ur gynae abt your dizziness? Before I'm pregnant I do have dizziness as well, my gynae mention that my dizziness is not link to my pregnancy as all my test result came out to be fine, and he can't do much to help me. My gynae advise me if really getting worse I shd go to SGH to do a checkup. I feel equally tired compare to trimester 1 really don't feel like doing anything. Morning sickness is still manageable occasionally will still feel nausea n I'm controlling myself not to puke as it may let me feel more uncomfortable and dizzy. I'm lucky tat I'm not working right now so whenever I feel veri dizzy l be lying on bed for abt 30-45min and the dizziness will go away but at time will still feel weak and don't feel like moving my body. Recently I don't really feel like going out unless I need to buy food most of the time I be staying at hm watching video and this is how I spend my whole day as going out make me so tired n dizzy. Just hope tat as time goes by the dizziness will stop as well.

I will start at 2nd tri... Fish oil is the worst!!!!

My gynae have given me fish oil as well. And right now I still can't force myself to swallow it. Is just too big and the smell is worse than eating a fish. I rather choose to eat a cook fish rather than takin the fish oil.

My gynae have given me fish oil as well. And right now I still can't force myself to swallow it. Is just too big and the smell is worse than eating a fish. I rather choose to eat a cook fish rather than takin the fish oil.

Can't agree more.. ;)..

Wah wah I feel u - espy the rolling eyes part o_O

Yap. I always roll my eyes... You think boy or girl we can control meh... plus she knows i have a difficult pregnancy... the last round she criticized y i choose NUH and keep comparing to my SIL Mt A experience... This round if she say anything.. i will say i am poor... cannot deliver there unless she want to sponsor...

That's very gd news. Congrats!

I am still waiting for my Harmony test results from the re-drawn blood zzz. Because of the need to re-do the test, everything is pushed back for me. My scan won't happen until end Oct. The wait is quite nail-biting.

Panorama take so many vials? They took 2 from me only.

To make you feel better... i am still waiting for my NUH appt next week... haha. my last doc visit is at 7 wks which is a mth ago.
Don't know if i need to wait how long again for the Oscar or harmony test. hahhaa

I also having dizziness ever since week 12 till now. I'm currently on my week 14. Have u told ur gynae abt your dizziness? Before I'm pregnant I do have dizziness as well, my gynae mention that my dizziness is not link to my pregnancy as all my test result came out to be fine, and he can't do much to help me. My gynae advise me if really getting worse I shd go to SGH to do a checkup. I feel equally tired compare to trimester 1 really don't feel like doing anything. Morning sickness is still manageable occasionally will still feel nausea n I'm controlling myself not to puke as it may let me feel more uncomfortable and dizzy. I'm lucky tat I'm not working right now so whenever I feel veri dizzy l be lying on bed for abt 30-45min and the dizziness will go away but at time will still feel weak and don't feel like moving my body. Recently I don't really feel like going out unless I need to buy food most of the time I be staying at hm watching video and this is how I spend my whole day as going out make me so tired n dizzy. Just hope tat as time goes by the dizziness will stop as well.

Are you experiencing inner ear fluid imbalance? 耳水不平衡? dizziness due to sudden movement that disturb the fluid in your inner ear.

The ones i took are small but i can't stand the small when i burp especially i am in 1st tri. 2nd tri will be better.

Yap. I always roll my eyes... You think boy or girl we can control meh... plus she knows i have a difficult pregnancy... the last round she criticized y i choose NUH and keep comparing to my SIL Mt A experience... This round if she say anything.. i will say i am poor... cannot deliver there unless she want to sponsor...

To make you feel better... i am still waiting for my NUH appt next week... haha. my last doc visit is at 7 wks which is a mth ago.
Don't know if i need to wait how long again for the Oscar or harmony test. hahhaa

Are you experiencing inner ear fluid imbalance? 耳水不平衡? dizziness due to sudden movement that disturb the fluid in your inner ear.

The ones i took are small but i can't stand the small when i burp especially i am in 1st tri. 2nd tri will be better.

I don't think is inner ear fluid imbalance. Before I'm pregnant I did go hospital check on my ear n brain but everything was normal. After which I never go for further check. I just let the dizziness comes n go itself.

I don't think is inner ear fluid imbalance. Before I'm pregnant I did go hospital check on my ear n brain but everything was normal. After which I never go for further check. I just let the dizziness comes n go itself.

I see... I do get the inner ear fluid imbalance quite easily especially if i turn my head suddenly and it takes a really really long time to recover.. like 2-3 weeks kind. I have that when i was in first tri for my #1... major irritation, cannot even squat to pee without feeling dizzy...

Hopefully its nothing too serious for you.

Anybody experiencing less morning sickness?
I felt that my symptoms ease up since starting of 10weeks.
I am feeling jitters about my visit next week, hope to see baby doing well.

Anybody experiencing less morning sickness?
I felt that my symptoms ease up since starting of 10weeks.
I am feeling jitters about my visit next week, hope to see baby doing well.

You hit the bull's eye!
I was still feeling so so so queasy and lousy yesterday and I am completely fine today!!

Really fan jian - when suffering from all sort of symptoms, life was so miserable.
Now that I am feeling all right, I started to suspect if anything went wrong :confused:

You hit the bull's eye!
I was still feeling so so so queasy and lousy yesterday and I am completely fine today!!

Really fan jian - when suffering from all sort of symptoms, life was so miserable.
Now that I am feeling all right, I started to suspect if anything went wrong :confused:

i did google and most pp did feel better from 9 weeks on wards and i can't help being paranoid...
Can't wait for 2nd tri so i can feel the movement... less worrying.

i did google and most pp did feel better from 9 weeks on wards and i can't help being paranoid...

I m in my 2nd tri but cannot feel movement :( and i still feel bloated & nausea every now & then, but it's abit more manageable than 1st tri.

Second trimester starts from 12w 1d onwards? If yes I'm in, but then like so so so sudden that I felt a bit ... yah paranoid!

Don't think you can feel the movement till 16-18w. Some got it even later around 20w or so.. Still some distance away from now for me, lol~

How far along are you? :)

I m in my 2nd tri but cannot feel movement :( and i still feel bloated & nausea every now & then, but it's abit more manageable than 1st tri.
Second trimester starts from 12w 1d onwards? If yes I'm in, but then like so so so sudden that I felt a bit ... yah paranoid!

Don't think you can feel the movement till 16-18w. Some got it even later around 20w or so.. Still some distance away from now for me, lol~

How far along are you? :)

first time mum dont feel it so fast.
i felt my bb move at around 16wks. it's like bubbles popping.

i am 11wks now.

Hi, I do have friends in real life who are also honest to share they are hoping for a different gender for second pregnancy and even expressed disappointment when they know the gender. I guess this is normal - don't feel guilty about this.

It's actually very lovely to have both siblings of the same gender growing up together. I have a sister 4 years my senior and we talk about everything under the sun. :)

Did you do panorama test to find out the gender so early?

Yes, I received my panorama results via phone and was relieved that I am at low risk. Right after that, the nurse asked me if I wanted to know the gender which I said okay, and was anticipating... When she said "Princess", I thought she has pronounced "Prince" wrongly.... aiii...

Hi Jewelnight, I do have a preference as well so u are not alone :) I have not gotten my Harmony test results yet but I am hoping for a boy for the first one so that in case we can't/choose not to/no money to have a second one, a boy can already "jiao cai" to my hubby's family u know. They of course did not tell me directly they prefer a boy but they are rather traditional chinese parents. Also, I have an elder brother myself so I'm more used to the order like that.

That being said, if it turns out to be a girl, I will still be happy & I know so will be my hubby. Our only humble hope is for the baby to be healthy and well, everything else is secondary. Like U said, I too believe once U see your second, U will immediately fall in love all over again like the first time :)

Speaking of the Harmony test, I had to redo mine as the first time blood drawn just nice at 10wks had insufficient fetal serum detected. Zzzzz...I have always been quite suay with the blood department so I had to redo again and wait for another 2 weeks to hear the results. Mehhhh.

Aii... such things do happen. Another round of waiting... May you receive favorable results!

Yes, I received my panorama results via phone and was relieved that I am at low risk. Right after that, the nurse asked me if I wanted to know the gender which I said okay, and was anticipating... When she said "Princess", I thought she has pronounced "Prince" wrongly.... aiii...

Congrats on the result!
May I know when did you do your Panorama?

I am still waiting for mine, anxious..

I did mine on 18th Aug and received the results on 29th.. Although the nurses told me the results generally take about 2 weeks, for mine case it was less than that.

Hi mummies...

I tested positive on 22/8. my LMP was 23/6. Yup i know it was so long till i tested, that was because my menses tends to disappear for a mth after being regular for about a year...so when i missed my period in july, i was hoping it will come in aug, but it did not :p.

Tested with home pregnancy kit, straightaway can see positive! Went to polyclinic to get confirmation the next day. My EDD is 30th March 2018. My 1st gynae appt will be this fri in NUH. Oh, it's my no 3 btw...my 1st is 7yo & my 2nd is turning 4yo soon...I actually thought i would stop @ 2, but suprise! I actually threw/giveaway all the baby stuffs..need to buy again :cool:.

Any gd female gynae to recommend in NUH? Hv been delivering in NUH for the previous 2 under subsidise patient...thought of taking up gynae this time round..

As per my 2 pregnancies before this, I dont encounter severe MS. Its just slight nausea...i hope it will stay the same this time.

Is there a facebook group & whatsapp group i can join?

I read through the forum randomly, as it was too many (hehe), some of u knew ur gender? What's the scanned called? I recall that i knew the gender in 20wks. Hope to hear the tiny heartbeat this fri.

Last edited:
Hi mummies...

I tested positive on 22/8. my LMP was 23/6. Yup i know it was so long till i tested, that was because my menses tends to disappear for a mth after being regular for about a year...so when i missed my period in july, i was hoping it will come in aug, but it did not :p.

Tested with home pregnancy kit, straightaway can see positive! Went to polyclinic to get confirmation the next day. My EDD is 30th March 2018. My 1st gynae appt will be this fri in NUH. Oh, it's my no 3 btw...my 1st is 7yo & my 2nd is turning 4yo soon...I actually thought i would stop @ 2, but suprise! I actually threw/giveaway all the baby stuffs..need to buy again :cool:.

Any gd female gynae to recommend in NUH? Hv been delivering in NUH for the previous 2 under subsidise patient...thought of taking up gynae this time round..

As per my 2 pregnancies before this, I dont encounter severe MS. Its just slight nausea...i hope it will stay the same this time.

Is there a facebook group & whatsapp group i can join?

I read through the forum randomly, as it was too many (hehe), some of u knew ur gender? What's the scanned called? I recall that i knew the gender in 20wks. Hope to hear the tiny heartbeat this fri.

Are you a sub patient with NUH? ur appt is very fast lei!
I went to polyclinic for a referral at 5 wks and they give me an appt which is at my 12 weeks.
Lucky for you.

I am with Dr Chua TM for my #1. she is a no nonsense doc but pretty caring.

Are you a sub patient with NUH? ur appt is very fast lei!
I went to polyclinic for a referral at 5 wks and they give me an appt which is at my 12 weeks.
Lucky for you.

I am with Dr Chua TM for my #1. she is a no nonsense doc but pretty caring.

Yup2, im a subsidised patient @ NUH. Actually i was quite suprised too considering a subsidised patient, the Q shld be longer. U asked for referral to NUH too?

Yup2, im a subsidised patient @ NUH. Actually i was quite suprised too considering a subsidised patient, the Q shld be longer. U asked for referral to NUH too?

yap. i ask to be referred to Nuh.
i am a private patient with them for my #1 decided to be sub this round to save medicine bill as I have complicated pregnancy.

you are lucky. i call a few times and they told me no slots for earlier timing.. my appt is next thur. still later than u. hahaa

Back