Making puree for baby

JuliHoKP

Hi, I plan to make puree for my girl. I would like to check with mummies if it is necessary to get 2 in 1 blender and steamer like Avent or Babycook Beaba. Can share with me how you all make puree for your babies in the most economical way.

Thank you.

I use beaba babycook and is really convenient. You can buy second hand beaba or avent blender to save cost. They are many sellers in this forum esp the avent blender.

i din steam fruits and bought a masher from amazon. been using ever since. prior to this, was using fork. for mummies who need to make batches, i guess it make sense to get a blender.

Mummies, usually how long will babies eat puree? I scare i buy the blender and only use for like 2 mths. Cos like when they r 8 mths, they dun need to eat puree-texture food? Am i right?

For my opinion, u can just buy the normal blender, coz I only used it for 2mths plus. And also im not using it all the while. Like sometime I bought sweet potato or pumpkin, it is actually dont need to blend, just use spoon to mash only!

Mummies, usually how long will babies eat puree? I scare i buy the blender and only use for like 2 mths. Cos like when they r 8 mths, they dun need to eat puree-texture food? Am i right?

It has to depends on baby. Like mine, he only want eat puree like fruits and vegetable with oats, refused to eat porridge so he ate that way for quite awhile until he can take soft rice. Till now he still hate porridge and rice with soup, he's 23 months old now.

i use the baby food hand grinder by munchkin to grind veg and fruits for my 2 y.o. it works really well, she loves it and and it is small enough to carry around in your diaper bag :)

Is it easy to clean? May i know how much is the item?

I used something similar too when I'm outside, usually I bring fruits that require no steaming to mash it like banana and avocado. Quite easy to clean for mine, normal washing.

A brand new munchkin baby food grinder cost about $17.90 online, I found it in dearbaby website. It should be around that price in retail shop but you should be able to find one in lower price in the forum.

Just to share my experience, I am full time working mum & take care baby after work and weekend alone.
I get the avent steam blender. ya it's expensive but I found it's save my time and hassle. I just cut into small cube and let it steam and then went do my things and flip and blend it. The only disadvantage is it's only allow small portion. if you want to do in bulk , better get the normal /handheld blender.

If you have enough time to do the blending works , just use the handheld or normal blender to blend after steam the food in wok. That is work too. as normally baby start solid from 6mo till around 8/9mo (depend on invidual baby) then later on you will slowly intro more texture food for them :)

now my gal is about 19mo, sometime I use it to do the pasta sauce by just steam and flip.
hope it's help :)

For me, I have the avent steamer and blender. Was recommended by a friend so we bought one. IMHO, it is easy to steam using pot and steamer insert because washing up is much easier. The blending part can be done using a fork, quite simple. Towards the end, I started using normal pot to steam instead.

My boy started with that at 6 months. Used for about 3 months or so, like I said lesser at the end. I started him on porridge when he was about 7 months so not everyday was puree. About 9 to 10 months he started on porridge that are less liquid and by time he turned one, he can already eat rice mixed with some water to make it soft. So now the blender is sitting inside my storeroom ☺

My experience to share.. I also have the avent steamer and blender. However I feel its more suitable for making food in large batches where u freeze in cubes. As I have a electric lunch box cooker which fits in a baby tiny bowl perfectly,i prefer to use it to steam all my bb food freshly made, and then using a potato ricer and metal spoon to mash it. Steaming need not be long, it takes less than 20 min., enough to make 2-3 baby meals for a day when I am taking care of bb myself on wkends. After that I will remove her bowl and use it to steam rice and veg for my lunch. Hassle free, so I see that it's really more convenient than using a philip steamer blender.Most importantly, there is no time wastage, no extra Philip blender parts to wash, and no nutrients lost in this way. I feed baby from the same bowl. For carrots, they are quite a chore to mash this way, hence i puree it using a normal blender as capacity is much smaller than phillip's. I prefer to make everything fresh hence the smaller blender.

I feed baby from the same bowl. For carrots, they are quite a chore to mash this way, hence i puree it using a normal blender as capacity is much smaller than Phillip's. I prefer to make everything fresh hence the smaller blender.http://organscam.ezyro.com

Back