Maid: Can she refuse to board the plane?

karentty

I have a maid for 7 months and her attitude and work is terrible. Though she has requested to return back to the agency, I am fed up and want to send her back to Philippines and am willing to bear the costs.
However, the agent warned my against this - if the maid refuses to board the plane, I will lose out and would need to reinstate her work permit and insurance.
Is this true?

If there is no contract term stating you cannot send the maid back before she finishes her loan then you can send her directly back to PHP. But bear in mind that newer contracts states employer must give the maid 30 days' notice or in lieu. If you have satisfied all conditions, then cancel her work permit, 6 days prior to flight date. Book her on a late night flight. Once WP is cancelled, maid will have 7 days' grace to stay in Singapore. Failing which she will be considered overstaying.

Either get an agent to send her back to airport or send her to the departure gate yourself and watch that she goes in through the customs.

If maid refuses to board the plane, she will have to convince the customs officers at the airport, and since you have terminated her work permit, she is no longer under your liability.

Hi Karen

I am facing a similar situation as u now, did your maid eventually board the plane without much trouble

Back