Maid attitude Feedback - MOM

hug_me

To feedback on Foreign Domestic Worker - aka maid - please use the below channel --->

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpo...orm-mom/Pages/update-of-details.aspx#feedback

After you feedback MOM will email you for your contact so that the future employer of the mentioned may be able to contact you regarding the maid conduct and attitude. However, the future employer can decide to employ or not employer the maid.

Please feedback if you have maid from hell to do justice to all working mothers out there. I am sure we, the stressed out working mothers, do not want to be treated as fools by the maid.

IF you want to employ maid - please check with MOM first if there is any feedback regarding the maid that you have chosen.

Please help to protect our fellow working mothers by giving your valuable feedback about the maid attitude and conduct. Especially those that you send home and provide us the reason why.

Let's hope we allow our fellow working mothers to make a wise choice in selecting and employer a helper. Those cheating, dishonest, lazy and unworthy helpers we need to stop them from entering our island. We do not want our fellow women to fall prey into them.

Thanks for putting the link here.

I too am a working mommy and been trying to give as much convenience to my FDW but only to be told that I have not given her enough.

I gave her internet access, time to rest, no demanding any level of cleanliness at home, give her money to buy her own food, increased her salary by $100 in one year, buy her personal stuff, let her have the freedom to watch tv, she has her own room, she can eat whatever she likes, let her use phone even during working hours and so much more. She told me stuff about her ex employer and now I personally met her ex employer through a friend and I was told none of what she said were true.

I have been wondering how to give feedback to MOM about my FDW because now, so many headache. Demanding her salary to be increased to S$800 when I just increased it to S$600 last january. Wants all her gadgets to have wifi access. Doesn't take care of my children well. Has a bangla bf. Doesn't listen to my simple instructions.

I want to give up and put up a feedback to MOM because I feel very exhausted with her already.

Last edited:
Dear All,

Please beware of this maid. She create a lot of trouble in the house and we also suspect that she is not 23years old. Her brain seems like a 10years old kid.

I just submit a feedback on FDW G80XXX1K too. Dont have her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just feedback on G89XXXX2L. She is here to play not work. Please beware of the things she said, mostly she is lying. I regret trusting the agency and she was transferred to another employer. Hope the employer is doing well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my gosh I just transferred my philiphina helper to agency, she was a nightmare, now i understand why she had quite a bad employment history, but when i hired her she lied to me saying employers were not nice to her. She ended 3 contracts and 5 other were broken before 3 months... i feel sorry for the next employer. I will let my feedback too. But if she is under agency now, who will become my feedback, the agency or the employer? because maybe the agency becomes the feedback and tell nothing to the employer who is interested in hiring her???

I too am a working mommy and been trying to give as much convenience to my FDW but only to be told that I have not given her enough.

I gave her internet access, time to rest, no demanding any level of cleanliness at home, give her money to buy her own food, increased her salary by $100 in one year, buy her personal stuff, let her have the freedom to watch tv, she has her own room, she can eat whatever she likes, let her use phone even during working hours and so much more. She told me stuff about her ex employer and now I personally met her ex employer through a friend and I was told none of what she said were true.

I have been wondering how to give feedback to MOM about my FDW because now, so many headache. Demanding her salary to be increased to S$800 when I just increased it to S$600 last january. Wants all her gadgets to have wifi access. Doesn't take care of my children well. Has a bangla bf. Doesn't listen to my simple instructions.

I want to give up and put up a feedback to MOM because I feel very exhausted with her already.

Hi

I am a single working mother of two here and am facing a similar problem. It’s frustrating to fulfil her whims and fancies only to be blackmailed each time with - I no happy, I leave! I pay my FDW SGD 750, give her everything she demands- even recently bought her a separate mini fridge to store her non veg food - paid for her passport renewal, allow her to cook her own food other than what we eat, pay her religiously for every off day when I ask her to cook along with time away for 8 hours- yet she acts like my boss-sometimes refusing to respond to what I say and when I ask her do you have headphones on, why don’t you answer, she shots back at me with a scowl -‘I very busy’. My 82 year old dad is here these days and she has already threatened me several times to leave in last 6 months. I always explain and pamper her evermore as it’s a lot more expensive for me to hire new maid and also time to train! She has her Uncle and Aunt here who micromanage her interactions with me- she even resisted going to buy vegetables from wholesale market saying her Previous employer had a car and it’s too tiring for her to do these chores by bus. I can’t fathom this as I was myself doing these for 3 months before I hired anyone! I wish MOM had a helpline to seek counsel and advise for such FDW- even a stint of retraining on attitudes and behaviour. What should I do!

Hi, Trisha 26,
After reading about your desperate and difficult situations about your demanding Domestic Worker, it is best to-
* Talk to someone in person you can trust about your above exhausting headaches .
* Connect with a mental Health professional who can understand your issues and advise you properly.
Regards,
Doctoral P.
22nd March.

Please help to protect our fellow working mothers by giving your valuable feedback about the maid attitude and conduct. Especially those that you send home and provide us the reason why.

Let's hope we allow our fellow working mothers to make a wise choice in selecting and employer a helper. Those cheating, dishonest, lazy and unworthy helpers we need to stop them from entering our island. We do not want our fellow women to fall prey into them.
Hi, hug_me,
It will be better for you fellow working mothers( who are experiencing problematic domestic maids )to form your own Special Chat Group .
Giving encouraging advice and moral support to each other.
God Bless !
Doctoral P.
22nd October.

Please do not engage a Myanmar helper called Phyu Thwe Ayu 24 years old. She is really terrible. I would like to share my experience for my this first helper. Spend so much money to bring her over but after coming for a month say want go back agency, after counseling at agency want me give her 1 more chance to stay. So I decide to give her 1 more chance since I know they want to earn money for home. However this is my worst decision, after few days she start to go back to her bad attitude and behaviour. Then from there every month ask me send her back Myanmar until 4.5 months suddenly one day she ask me again when send her back Myanmar and she have pay me back remaining loan which took me a surprise as she did not inform advance, she make payment to her Myanmar agency. From then on she been keep chasing me and thus I have to let her go before my new replacement come. This is really terrible if she is sincere in coming spore work she will not work for 5 months then want go back Myanmar, she would only request for transfer. So this girl only want come spore try play play and also not need pay to come spore for leisure. To add on she do not have much workload. She wake up 7am prepare my 2 kids go childcare, 9am to 5pm just only her at home, then fetch kids and bath until 9 plus can rest. No need make breakfast and dinner also. But she keep give attitude, everyday show bad face even to my kids, when do wrong say her she will talk back. Never greet morning, talk to her never answer back yes sir/mdm. Not happy when she do wrong and you say her. Very forgettable, daily routine still can forget to do. Told her a certain task to do tomorrow, also,forget to do. Tell her if anything like milk powder/diaper/paper etc going to finish soon need tell me, but never at all. Put things often forget put where. Do not know how to take care of kids at all, do not know how to play with them and do not know how to cook. But during interview everything say can. When pay off loan talk to me happily and keep chasing me when can let her go which I say need paper work Processing. In Day 1 told her cannot use phone during working hours, need put at TV console area but she keep using the phone no matter bring to her room use or when wiping TV console secretly back face the CCTV and pretend wiping. Tell her off several times but she still do not listen. Since she start to tell us pay off her loan already but to her Myanmar agency, we still have not receive it. She start to not even place her phone put to TV console. She just put at her room and use everytime even when working. So please do not engage her to let her have chance to come spore work again.

Last edited:
Please do not engage a Myanmar helper called Phyu Thwe Ayu 24 years old. She is really terrible. I would like to share my experience for my this first helper. Spend so much money to bring her over but after coming for a month say want go back agency, after counseling at agency want me give her 1 more chance to stay. So I decide to give her 1 more chance since I know they want to earn money for home. However this is my worst decision, after few days she start to go back to her bad attitude and behaviour. Then from there every month ask me send her back Myanmar until 4.5 months suddenly one day she ask me again when send her back Myanmar and she have pay me back remaining loan which took me a surprise as she did not inform advance, she make payment to her Myanmar agency. From then on she been keep chasing me and thus I have to let her go before my new replacement come. This is really terrible if she is sincere in coming spore work she will not work for 5 months then want go back Myanmar, she would only request for transfer. So this girl only want come spore try play play and also not need pay to come spore for leisure. To add on she do not have much workload. She wake up 7am prepare my 2 kids go childcare, 9am to 5pm just only her at home, then fetch kids and bath until 9 plus can rest. No need make breakfast and dinner also. But she keep give attitude, everyday show bad face even to my kids, when do wrong say her she will talk back. Never greet morning, talk to her never answer back yes sir/mdm. Not happy when she do wrong and you say her. Very forgettable, daily routine still can forget to do. Told her a certain task to do tomorrow, also,forget to do. Tell her if anything like milk powder/diaper/paper etc going to finish soon need tell me, but never at all. Put things often forget put where. Do not know how to take care of kids at all, do not know how to play with them and do not know how to cook. But during interview everything say can. When pay off loan talk to me happily and keep chasing me when can let her go which I say need paper work Processing. In Day 1 told her cannot use phone during working hours, need put at TV console area but she keep using the phone no matter bring to her room use or when wiping TV console secretly back face the CCTV and pretend wiping. Tell her off several times but she still do not listen. Since she start to tell us pay off her loan already but to her Myanmar agency, we still have not receive it. She start to not even place her phone put to TV console. She just put at her room and use everytime even when working. So please do not engage her to let her have chance to come spore work again.
Dear Fling,
After reading your post about the " Myanmar maid not to be engaged ",
I truly sympathize and empathise the nightmares you went through.
Very difficult for Employment Maids Agency to determine if the maids to be assigned , are responsible Or irresponsible maids.
Regards,
Doctoral Paul
30 th March .

Dear Fling,
After reading your post about the " Myanmar maid not to be engaged ",
I truly sympathize and empathise the nightmares you went through.
Very difficult for Employment Maids Agency to determine if the maids to be assigned , are responsible Or irresponsible maids.
Regards,
Doctoral Paul
30 th March .
Hi, Fling,
After reading your Nightmares with the Myanmar maid, do read my following Suggestions/Advice -
* You and your spouse must always have Contingency plan when your maid starts harassing you with increased monthly salaries, with requested handphones or expensive items .
* Never allow your maid to tell you that she will not do certain houseworks . She must do those reasonable house duties without complaining.
* Contingency plans( mutually agreed between you and your spouse) will involve some sacrifices and inconveniences in the short term For both of you.
* Best to return such maid to the Maid Employment Agency with a written report of the Maid's unacceptable behaviour .
Be firm and honest with yourself and never allow a Maid to threaten you and your family. Maids ,who are working in Singapore, should Count their Blessings when they work for Good Employers !
Regards,
Doctoral Paul
31st March 2024.

Hi, Fling,
After reading your Nightmares with the Myanmar maid, do read my following Suggestions/Advice -
* You and your spouse must always have Contingency plan when your maid starts harassing you with increased monthly salaries, with requested handphones or expensive items .
* Never allow your maid to tell you that she will not do certain houseworks . She must do those reasonable house duties without complaining.
* Contingency plans( mutually agreed between you and your spouse) will involve some sacrifices and inconveniences in the short term For both of you.
* Best to return such maid to the Maid Employment Agency with a written report of the Maid's unacceptable behaviour .
Be firm and honest with yourself and never allow a Maid to threaten you and your family. Maids ,who are working in Singapore, should Count their Blessings when they work for Good Employers !
Regards,
Doctoral Paul
31st March 2024.
Hi,Doctoral Paul,

Thanks for your advise. This is our first time engaging a helper so we never forseen it is so terrible for the first one we encountered. But we already learnt a lesson and will have experience on the second one already. I have also feedback to my agency but they say regulations protect them more. So we also cannot do anything furthermore she say we are the one who choose this helper. But it is their recommendation and we given them our requirements, however the helper came here just only do housework acceptable. Even do wrong say her also can show attitude to us. Agency say what we can do is only feedback after she left but to me will not ban her from coming next time. So I write here to share my experience so anyone see can dun engage her next time.

Hi,Doctoral Paul,

Thanks for your advise. This is our first time engaging a helper so we never forseen it is so terrible for the first one we encountered. But we already learnt a lesson and will have experience on the second one already. I have also feedback to my agency but they say regulations protect them more. So we also cannot do anything furthermore she say we are the one who choose this helper. But it is their recommendation and we given them our requirements, however the helper came here just only do housework acceptable. Even do wrong say her also can show attitude to us. Agency say what we can do is only feedback after she left but to me will not ban her from coming next time. So I write here to share my experience so anyone see can dun engage her next time.
Hi , Fling,
Thanks for responding to my suggestions/Advice . I pray that u will have a better second domestic helper.
Whatever challenges you face with the second helper, always let your spouse know what you are going through.
As far as I do know , No maids will be banned from working in Singapore unless she has problems with the Authorities.
God bless !
You are welcomed to post me messages if you do encounter problems.
Regards,
Doctoral Paul
2nd April 2024.

Back