LO kept crying

kristy58

My LO kept crying during midnight on several times a week it has been for awhile since the beginning of his 5th week now is the 7th Week. Although not Everyday but it's like 3days cry then 1 day normal then 3days cry again. Nothing I do could stop him I can't latch him on to calm him down or when I latch him on he will fuss I wonder is it my bm supply not enough for him as I have Low milk supply (I did try to pump after each feeding only 30ml was produced).

He would cry for 15mins then stop then cry again. So right now it's 3am he has been crying since 1am. He would usually stop around 4 or 5am. Is this colic? What should I do if it's colic, a lot of you would advice to see PD?.

Thanks!

Just to share my experience with my girls .. My no1 had this issue too . Try rubbing some ru Yi oil on tummy in clockwise direction after bath and burp
Baby after every feed .
For my no 2, I use a swaddle for her every sleep time till she is four or five months. For no2 , I baby wear her during her cranky days and I find that it helps greatly
I do also use pacifier for both to reduce the cries.

Sounds exactly like no1.. Sometimes could be due to hunger.. Top up with formula and after burp I gave pacifier if she still wants to suck . I understand it's tiring and stressful but this all shall pass and things will get better

Oh dear... it must be very exasperating waking up to the cries night after night! There is a list of things for most mommies to try... and we just have to go through the list one by one until we can really "understand" what they want.
1. Burping. One of my kid used to wake up crying and crying. so we realized that burping helped. Even after the usual burp, if we burp summore more wind will be released, so we burp a long time while putting them on our shoulders. They like the position, and the burping sort of make them sleep, too.
2. Swaddle, like some mommies say
3. Pacifier, like some mommies say
But before all that has been tried, must make sure they are well fed and has a clean diaper.

Like many others have shared, burping and swaddling are important. But so is proper latching if you are doing full breastfeeding. Are you always soft after feed or still hard? How long is each feed and is it always one side or both?

If you feel you have latching issues, you may want to see a lactation consultant. It certainly helped us a lot and it was money well spent.

Btw, pumping 30ml after feeding is not bad already, especially if your little one just fed on both sides. It should get better if baby is latching well.

Keep up the hard work if you intend to continue full breastfeeding!

Edit: and agree with frog, clean diapers too!

Back