latest bill for delivery in hospital

wilsonbb

Hi,
I am sharing my bill size. Maybe others can share in the same format so it is easier for people to find?
Note: Wife is Foreigner, so the bill is a few hundred more exp than Singaporean

Nationality:
Foreigner (Private patient with fixed doctor)
Hospital: KKH
Doctor: K T Tan (Senior Consultant)
Ward: 1A
Stay length: 1 day
Date: Feb 2015
Delivery: Normal with epidural, 8 hours in delivery suite.
Total Bill: $5000 includes doctor fee, baby fee(comes in seperate bill) and everything else. Medisave can deduct $2100, the rest pay cash
Remarks:
The ward is spacious with sofa bed and private toilet. I get to stay in free. Food has plenty of choices for mummy. Two big goodies bags when leaving.
Epidural is great, absolutely no pain, my wife was sleeping in the first 6 hours.
All nurses are very friendly and experienced. My ward is right next to nurse counter so press the bell nurse enter room in 3 seconds. Package is 2 days but they recommend us to "check out" 1 day earlier, I am ok with it because we can't rest at all in hospital, every 1 or 2 hours there will be someone here to check something)
There is no package for gynae. Each visit is at least $120. Waiting time normally <15 mins, max 1 hour. K T Tan is friendly if she is in good mood. She is very experienced thus the delivery went very well. When my wife was admitted at 6am she is here around 630, then came in to check on her twice before the delivery.

Last edited:

Haha! Mine is also at kkh. No fixed gynae.
Stayed 3 days in a b2+ ward.
Emergency C-section.
Total was a whooping $8k. But eh... I think deduct almost $6k from medisave. The rest gotta pay cash.
No fixed gynae don't have to wait too long leh.. my own experience.
Appointment at 1pm, everything will be done by 3pm. Not as long as I expected.

Hi all, sharing mine here :)

March'15
NUH subsidized patient
B2 ward
1 night stay
normal virginal delivery with epidural
7.5 hours in delivery suite

Total bill size= $1k+
All paid in medisave so don't need pay in cash
-
For prenatal check up, went to g clinic NUH with no fixed gynae. Waiting time each time estimated to be 1.5hr. Total bill for prenatal check up=$1k (I did 6 ultrascans in total)

March'15
NUH subsidized patient
B2 ward
1 night stay

Total bill size= $1k+
-
For prenatal check up, went to g clinic NUH with no fixed gynae. Waiting time each time estimated to be 1.5hr. Total bill for prenatal check up=$1k (I did 6 ultrascans in total)

Wow!! This is the cheapest bill I've seen!! How was your experience with NUH?

Wow!! This is the cheapest bill I've seen!! How was your experience with NUH?
Hi! Yes I was very surprised that the bill came out to be so little :) It's my first pregnancy and can't compare to other hospital but I find that the overall experience pleasant. The midwives who delivered my baby were experienced, my baby came out after 30min of pushing :) NUH is very pro breast feeding and the nurses there are all trained to help mothers with it. The only thing I didn't like was the shared bedding room cos there will be many visitors during the daytime and can be quite noisy. But it's only 1 night stay so still tolerable I guess :) Oh ya NUH also offer confinement menu

March'15
NUH subsidized patient
B2 ward
1 night stay

Total bill size= $1k+
-

Hi, I am also subsidized patient in NUH. My previous birth all at Mt A, this time I choose to be in subsidized ward is because I dont want to be shock of my hospital bill. Thanks for sharing at least I know What I am looking for. By the way, B2 ward is how many bedded ?

Hi, I am also subsidized patient in NUH. My previous birth all at Mt A, this time I choose to be in subsidized ward is because I dont want to be shock of my hospital bill. Thanks for sharing at least I know What I am looking for. By the way, B2 ward is how many bedded ?
Hi, glad to share my experience :) B2 is 6 bedder. If I'm not wrong, any class higher than B2 falls under private patient. Meaning if you decide to choose 4 bedder or better, you will be required to pay private pricing

My bill came up to $7000 plus, Gleneagles Single ward Epidural Normal Birth less off medisave it costs me around $5600 (bulk of the costs went to Gynae -$2700). Hospital charges was around $3000..

Hi, glad to share my experience :) B2 is 6 bedder. If I'm not wrong, any class higher than B2 falls under private patient. Meaning if you decide to choose 4 bedder or better, you will be required to pay private pricing

Thanks! I will be choosing B2 too :)

delivered jan 2015 at thomson medical 2 bedder under dr lawrence ang.
normal vaginal delivery no epidural.

after minus medisave i paid cash $1358.

editted to add important detail:

the muslim food choice at thomson medical sucks!!!! i believe they dont have a halal kitchen, so breakfast was delifrance. lunch n dinner was tasteless packed bento dunno from which catering company :(

Last edited:
delivered jan 2015 at thomson medical 2 bedder under dr lawrence ang.
normal vaginal delivery no epidural.

after minus medisave i paid cash $1358.

editted to add important detail:

the muslim food choice at thomson medical sucks!!!! i believe they dont have a halal kitchen, so breakfast was delifrance. lunch n dinner was tasteless packed bento dunno from which catering company :(
Thanks for ur input! May i know how much is ur gynae's delivery fee?

I'm a subsidized ward c at NUH. Delivery with epidural and the cost is less than $900, payable by medisave. But as subsidized patient, there will be a number of doctors attending to you on your delivery.

hi im interested to noe repeated csec in a1 or b1 ward bill.. whats ur gynae charges.. n cash paid in total hosp stay.. currently im still at subsidiced class.. planning to change to private class..

My friend just delivered at Gleneagles, 2 bedded, normal del w/ epi. Total bill 6k+, medisave deduction $2100 so cash top up $4k+

Hihi mummies, does any one have the latest bill for TMC, elective c-sect, 4 bedder, with epidural ? Thanks.

Hi,
I am sharing my bill size. Maybe others can share in the same format so it is easier for people to find?

Nationality:
Total Bill: $5000 includes doctor fee, baby fee(comes in seperate bill) and everything else. Medisave can deduct $2100, the rest pay cash
Remarks:
The ward is spacious with sofa bed and private toilet. I get to stay in free. Food has plenty of choices for mummy. Two big goodies bags when leaving.
Epidural is great, absolutely no pain, my wife was sleeping in the first 6 hours.
All nurses are very friendly and experienced. My ward is right next to nurse counter so press the bell nurse enter room in 3 seconds. Package is 2 days but they recommend us to "check out" 1 day earlier, I am ok with it because we can't rest at all in hospital, every 1 or 2 hours there will be someone here to check something)
There is no package for gynae. Each visit is at least $120. Waiting time normally <15 mins, max 1 hour. K T Tan is friendly if she is in good mood. She is very experienced thus the delivery went very well. When my wife was admitted at 6am she is here around 630, then came in to check on her twice before the delivery.

@wilsonbb thanks for the details! It's really helpful information.

Can i ask if each time visited for checkup leading up to delivery, you and your wife saw the same gynae or just each time different gynaes?

Also, did u specially appoint dr KT Tan for delivery or were u allocated the doctor?

Were the nurses in KKH approachable n gentle? (cos I hear that they r usually v fast due to experience n hence new mummies felt quite "rough" with them)

Hi can anyone help me how much bill size in Nuh c sec with 4bedder n single room charges now seeing private in Nuh delivery next month n Singapore PR ..

Me just birth in thomson medical. 4bedded. Ceceran. 3days stay and this my third child.. I'm shock that my bill came out $11416. After cpf deduction of 5k plus.. I still need to pay cash 5k plus... Wth

Hi,

Nationality:
Remarks:

5000 include doctor fee?? Mine at thomson medical. $6671 exclude doctor fee. My doctor fee $5029. Baby fee exclude . Total added $11416 cpf deduction $5750.

Th
Me just birth in thomson medical. 4bedded. Ceceran. 3days stay and this my third child.. I'm shock that my bill came out $11416. After cpf deduction of 5k plus.. I still need to pay cash 5k plus... Wth

That's a lot!

Do you get upgraded to 2 bedded? Wasn't csect 4 days 3 nights stay?

It seems ever since that Peter Lim bought over Thomson Medical, the bill rockets up.

Charges for 4bedded but stayed in 2bedded. Doctor fee already $5029 inclusive of gst. My first n 2nd child also in thomson but that expensive at that time. Yes 4days 3night.

Just me it cost $8723

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    727.9 KB · Views: 7,384
I gave birth last oct 2014 at thomson medical . 4 bedded. Normal delivery with vacumn. With epidural. Total bill is $8k. My gynae fee is $3k.

Back