Jan 2023 Mummies

Me! Prefer forum too. Just did another scan today and fetal pole and heartbeat sighted. have been worried for past 1 week+ where only gestational and yolk sac seen.

Hello I’d like to chat here.
As I’ve quite a large gap to my previous pregnancy, I’m quite apprehensive as well so hoping to join the telegrams groups too. Can you share these groups with me?

Is it normal not to have frequent urination? I didn’t increase my water intake due to nausea and don’t feel thirsty.
The body typically requires more water than usual in the first trimester because of blood volume changes and in later stages for amniotic fluid levels. If you're having lesser than usual urine output, and/or of darker colour, good to drink up. Take small sips frequently if you have nausea or drink whichever temperature/liquid that suits you. Example, some people can tolerate chilled water with lemon slice better than normal water.

How're things, Potatolover? All good? Have you gone for your detailed scan yet?
So far so good. I have not done detailed scan yet, my gynae mentioned about doing it in 2 weeks’ time, is that supposed to be around week 12?

Next week when i see him, I can take NIPT test.

How about you, how are you progressing along?

Also I would like to ask, is the EDD determined in 2nd trimester?

No, most gynaes use the first or second earliest scan to determine the EDD as later scans are an estimate of weight rather than length (length is used to date the pregnancy). Of course, the EDD of 40 weeks itself is an estimate, birth can take up to 42 weeks or even slightly later.

So far so good. I have not done detailed scan yet, my gynae mentioned about doing it in 2 weeks’ time, is that supposed to be around week 12?

Next week when i see him, I can take NIPT test.

How about you, how are you progressing along?
Glad that your bub is growing well!

Bled throughout my 1st tri (T_T)

But thankfully, baby seems healthy based on NIPT and Oscars. Hopefully baby will arrive uneventfully in Jan!

Glad that your bub is growing well!

Bled throughout my 1st tri (T_T)

But thankfully, baby seems healthy based on NIPT and Oscars. Hopefully baby will arrive uneventfully in Jan!
Oh must be worrisome with the bleeding, but all good now with the test results. I hope i have a good blood test results too, fingers crossed and pray hard.

Hi mommas!! Is there a telegram or whatsapp group that we can join? If there is, please do share! I am new to this group! Thanks!

Hello, anyone prescribed cardiprin in 2nd trimester?

Also for NIPT blood test do you all go the basic or comprehensive one?

basic: testing trisomy 21, 18, 13, sex chromosome aneuploidies

comprehensive: includes testing of above and deletion syndromes like Digeorge, cri du chat, 1p36, 16p12.2-p11.2, 2q33.1, jacobsen syndrome, angelman syndrome, trisomy 9, 16, 22

comprehensive: includes testing of above and deletion syndromes like Digeorge, cri du chat, 1p36, 16p12.2-p11.2, 2q33.1, jacobsen syndrome, angelman syndrome, trisomy 9, 16, 22

I had to take a similar low-dose aspirin until Week 35 for my first pregnancy, because the first trimester screening blood test showed higher risk for pre-eclampsia (my mum had it for both her pregnancies too). But I didn't develop the condition, and the same blood test is normal for my second pregnancy.

I did Oscars, but you can request the NIPT comparison/info table from your gynae. Good to consider both the accuracy and sensitivity for each condition, plus your background risk before deciding :)

I had to take a similar low-dose aspirin until Week 35 for my first pregnancy, because the first trimester screening blood test showed higher risk for pre-eclampsia (my mum had it for both her pregnancies too). But I didn't develop the condition, and the same blood test is normal for my second pregnancy.

I did Oscars, but you can request the NIPT comparison/info table from your gynae. Good to consider both the accuracy and sensitivity for each condition, plus your background risk before deciding :)
Oh I thought Oscars only test for down syndrome, does it test for other genetic conditions as well?

Oh I thought Oscars only test for down syndrome, does it test for other genetic conditions as well?
Yes, Oscars looks for ultrasound abnormalities associated with Trisomy 13, 18, and 21, as well as other structural issues indicative of problems. Accuracy is 90% versus 99% for blood tests like Harmony, Panaroma etc. My gynae also advised the more expanded blood test panel (with deletions etc) also has a slightly higher chance for false positives. So the background risk can help to decide between the various tests.

pardon my ignorance. Is the basic testing listed above harmony and the comprehensive ones panaroma?

Yes, Oscars looks for ultrasound abnormalities associated with Trisomy 13, 18, and 21, as well as other structural issues indicative of problems. Accuracy is 90% versus 99% for blood tests like Harmony, Panaroma etc. My gynae also advised the more expanded blood test panel (with deletions etc) also has a slightly higher chance for false positives. So the background risk can help to decide between the various tests.
initially i wanted the expanded blood test panel but because of high chance of false positives went for the basic one

Hello mommies! I’m letting go of this Perineum Massage Oil. PM if keen. DF2C72EC-519D-4CE3-B896-AB7C6FF19A7B.jpeg

Hi I am new to this forum. Expecting our first baby, 18 weeks in and I am in late-30s. Appreciate if anyone has a good OBS/GYN to recommend at KKH? I have been overseas and just came back and struggling to finalise a good OBS. I was recommended Dr Suzana and Dr George M but both are unavailable. Can someone share their experience at KKH and their OBS or if there is another thread where i should be posting this to? Many thanks.

Back