IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

All the best for your BD. Maybe can strike naturally? Don't be too pessimistic coz anything is possible. What's the next course of action if you dun 12 try BD? Are you gonna start another cycle which another appt has to be given?

No appt had been given. Thh doesn't want to see me. Nope no more Ivf for me. Already fully utilised all the 3 times of Govt funding and this last cycle was solely on Medisave. Probably going iui. Reverse engineering....

Dont lose hope. Every month is a chance, whether ivf or try naturally. The decreasingly no of eggs could also be due to the meds and dosage, and may not necessarily be ur problem. See what tth say. Will u be doing another fresh cycle?

The chances of me conceiving naturally is Low. Tried for 4 years b4 embarking for the Ivf journey in 2013. Haiz. Nope, no more fresh cycle for me.

No appt had been given. Thh doesn't want to see me. Nope no more Ivf for me. Already fully utilised all the 3 times of Govt funding and this last cycle was solely on Medisave. Probably going iui. Reverse engineering....

The chances of me conceiving naturally is Low. Tried for 4 years b4 embarking for the Ivf journey in 2013. Haiz. Nope, no more fresh cycle for me.
U have any frozen? U mean u tried 4 fresh cycles alr?

Hugz...do maintain a positive mindset and maybe you will strike using the less invasive method?

It's so unlike THH le, not to want to see patients who are trying very hard and are determined. Usually he will suggest trying naturally if the grants for 3 fresh and 3 frozen have been completely utilised coz IVF is ex. He gave me meds to try naturally (i dun ovulate regularly).

Try and stay positive. Although i know its easier said.

Thh was quite encouraging at my last consult coz i think he knows alot of us may feel trying naturally is hopeless if even ivf failed. He said thats not true and just keep on trying naturally in between or after failed cycles. I feel sometimes its really luck. Dont lose hope, maybe u hv more luck with iui or trying naturally.

Hugz! Why doesnt he want to see u. Thats not him. Where got dr dont want see patient leh... thats weird... u may want to call kkh n fix appt. But he ask u to try naturally then u wait to see if u can strike lottery. Really dont have then go down n see him. On urgent cases he can maybe slot u in for a quick one.

Dear unlike Dr Tan. My friend tried Ivf too no new. She took a break n change her job. She strike natural about 1yrs later. Now she has 2kids naturally. Maybe u take a break from all this n restart ur body system. In the mean while keep health too. Jia you and bb dust to you.

I'm going for my first appt tmr with Dr Tan! Do I tell him straight I want ivf?
U can discuss with him, but i suspect he will ask you to do some tests and checks first before talking about next step.

For my 1st appt, he asked us to go for some tests first to check what's our problem. I did amh test to check ovarian reserve and my hubby did the sperm check. I also did hsg to check my tubes under my ex-gynae. He recommended ivf at my 2nd appt based on my condition coz i only have 1 tube.

U can discuss with him, but i suspect he will ask you to do some tests and checks first before talking about next step.

For my 1st appt, he asked us to go for some tests first to check what's our problem. I did amh test to check ovarian reserve and my hubby did the sperm check. I also did hsg to check my tubes under my ex-gynae. He recommended ivf at my 2nd appt based on my condition coz i only have 1 tube.

For me, i have pcos. He told me to take ovulation meds as i do not ovulate regularly. But i told him i wish to jump straight into IVF (and IUI) coz the odds are relatively higher. Plus time was not on our side then. I was 32 when i went for first consultation.

Hi, I'm relatively new to Dr THH and went through the same as rainbowdream. I guess he knows those who go to him has intention to do ivf. At the first consultation, he will probably make clear what are the options if you have reports at hand. Otherwise, no harm doing the tests first to have a clear idea of both your HB and your body condition.

For me, i have pcos. He told me to take ovulation meds as i do not ovulate regularly. But i told him i wish to jump straight into IVF (and IUI) coz the odds are relatively higher. Plus time was not on our side then. I was 32 when i went for first consultation.
Did he agree? Cos I also wanna jump straight into it.

Thank you all for sharing your story and opinions! Gonna see him soon! So nervous!

I was quite insistent and he gave the green light. (I was diagnosed with PCOS even though AMH and everything else was good. HB's army was also very lazy.)
Dr T listens to the patient and will dish out all options. If you are sure that is the option you want, let him know and i'm sure he'll take that into consideration.

Hahaha, there is no reason why he would reject..go for it if you think you need the treatment asap.
He told me to go for IUI first. And said IUI is not considered as 1 out of the 3 subsidy from govt. He said ivf probably need 2-3 months then can do. He did blood test for my ovarian reserves today.

I was quite insistent and he gave the green light. (I was diagnosed with PCOS even though AMH and everything else was good. HB's army was also very lazy.)
Dr T listens to the patient and will dish out all options. If you are sure that is the option you want, let him know and i'm sure he'll take that into consideration.
He didn't seem to be agreeable to me doing Ivf straight. And wants me to do IUI first :( do you think I can reject and tell him I want Ivf straight?

He didn't seem to be agreeable to me doing Ivf straight. And wants me to do IUI first :( do you think I can reject and tell him I want Ivf straight?
If I may ask, how old are you and how long have you been trying? What do past doctors say about your situation?

Can, if you have made up your mind about IVF, you can tell him. He will still proceed.

You can. Dr T is giving u his professional advice but if you have reasons to want to proceed with ivf, u can tell him. Why not u wait for the test results to come back first?

If I may ask, how old are you and how long have you been trying? What do past doctors say about your situation?
I'm 28, trying for 3 months. But I hve adenomyosis which is very severe and I seen two gynae excluding Dr Tan, they all ask me to do Ivf straight better. Cos afraid if wait further my condition will worsen and come back.

You can. Dr T is giving u his professional advice but if you have reasons to want to proceed with ivf, u can tell him. Why not u wait for the test results to come back first?
The results will come back in 3 weeks. Yah I guess I will wait for the results. Anyway he mentioned only can do Ivf 2-3 months later, not sure why. Maybe need to queue??

The results will come back in 3 weeks. Yah I guess I will wait for the results. Anyway he mentioned only can do Ivf 2-3 months later, not sure why. Maybe need to queue??

Yeah, need to queue for fresh cycle. Heard that the queue is all the way to Jul liao. Perhaps that is the reason why Dr T suggest that you try IUI first since d queue for ivf is long?

I'm 28, trying for 3 months. But I hve adenomyosis which is very severe and I seen two gynae excluding Dr Tan, they all ask me to do Ivf straight better. Cos afraid if wait further my condition will worsen and come back.
I see...Dr Tan also told me fresh cycle will need to wait at least 2 months. In my case, I can't do iui because it's not effective for blocked tube. He placed me on ovulation tablets instead and shared that he has patients who strike while waiting. So I guess he doesn't want us to be plain waiting. Are you scheduled for counsellling? If so, maybe will see you there. :)

Yeah, need to queue for fresh cycle. Heard that the queue is all the way to Jul liao. Perhaps that is the reason why Dr T suggest that you try IUI first since d queue for ivf is long?
What does fresh cycle means? Yah he said just try IUI first lor since waiting.

I see...Dr Tan also told me fresh cycle will need to wait at least 2 months. In my case, I can't do iui because it's not effective for blocked tube. He placed me on ovulation tablets instead and shared that he has patients who strike while waiting. So I guess he doesn't want us to be plain waiting. Are you scheduled for counsellling? If so, maybe will see you there. :)
I think my next appt he will schedule for counselling. Counselling is a lot of couples together one ah??? Ovulation tablets meaning clomid?

What does fresh cycle means? Yah he said just try IUI first lor since waiting.

Fresh means you need to go thru stimulation and when there sufficient follicles which are sizable, you go through the retrieval procedure before transfering. If this is your first attempt, it will be fresh cycle.

I think my next appt he will schedule for counselling. Counselling is a lot of couples together one ah??? Ovulation tablets meaning clomid?

Max 6 couples per session. They will go thru d process with u and also d estimated bill size. For those who have done blood tests, will need to do so after tt. Got lotsa paper work to do as well.

U have any frozen? U mean u tried 4 fresh cycles alr?

No frozen at all in all these 4 cycles. All fresh.

Hugz...do maintain a positive mindset and maybe you will strike using the less invasive method?

It's so unlike THH le, not to want to see patients who are trying very hard and are determined. Usually he will suggest trying naturally if the grants for 3 fresh and 3 frozen have been completely utilised coz IVF is ex. He gave me meds to try naturally (i dun ovulate regularly).

He dun even give me meds lor :( His reason of Nor seeing me is actually becos he had already spoken to me at the recovery area. He din actually suggest wats the next step for me. So I asked him abt iui.

Try and stay positive. Although i know its easier said.

Thh was quite encouraging at my last consult coz i think he knows alot of us may feel trying naturally is hopeless if even ivf failed. He said thats not true and just keep on trying naturally in between or after failed cycles. I feel sometimes its really luck. Dont lose hope, maybe u hv more luck with iui or trying naturally.

Hope so too.

Hugz! Why doesnt he want to see u. Thats not him. Where got dr dont want see patient leh... thats weird... u may want to call kkh n fix appt. But he ask u to try naturally then u wait to see if u can strike lottery. Really dont have then go down n see him. On urgent cases he can maybe slot u in for a quick one.

Just wait to see if good things happen these few months. Actually time is not at my side too, not very young liao n my AMH is getting lower.
Dear unlike Dr Tan. My friend tried Ivf too no new. She took a break n change her job. She strike natural about 1yrs later. Now she has 2kids naturally. Maybe u take a break from all this n restart ur body system. In the mean while keep health too. Jia you and bb dust to you.

Grabbing your baby dusts. My workplace is quite flexible, my boss oso quite supportive (btw, my boss is an 'Ang Mo' guy seated in Aust). He doesn't make noise of me taking HL or Time offs for scanning appts.

Hi everyone. I noticed many sisters here hoping to skip iui and go straight into ivf.
I had originally wanted to do that too having had a failed iui previously and am in my late-30s.
I didn't see the point of wasting 2 cycles of iui before getting to ivf. Didn't want to waste time as we have been trying for more than a year.
However, I relented under dr's advise. To cut the long story short, I did a natural iui on my 2nd try as I didn't take the prescribed clomid on time.
Basically, dr saw that I was nearing ovulation and suggested we try for this cycle..and I am now pregnant!
I guess docs would always suggest iui first as it's less taxing on our system. It is also emotionally less stressful.
Of course iui is not for everyone. In some cases, ivf could be the only solution.
Nonetheless, hope that my experience would encourage everyone who are ttc here.
Good luck! Don't give up!

Last edited:
Hi,

Can I check how often and long will be each scanning for pre-ET?

Thanks!
For me i will go there q as early as 730-8 to get earlier q number. My scan for et finished at abt 9am. Sometimes if there are too many ppl to wait for scans they will open another room.

Hi,

Can I check how often and long will be each scanning for pre-ET?

Thanks!
The scans are usually every 2 to 3 days. I usually reach at 9 or 9 plus. Scan takes the longest time. Im usually done by abt 12 or 12 plus, including waiting to see doc, getting meds and learning how to do the jabs (if got new jab).

Hi, can I know how long will the nurses call us after the BT for IVF? I did mine on 1 April...

Are you referring to the routine blood test before the start of your ivf cycle or the pregnancy blood test?
If it is the former, they will not call you for the results and no call usually means good news.
For the latter, they will call you before lunch if you do early in the morning but definately within the same day.

Hi @shiro_ger, is the bt before the start of ivf cycle

Should I call up and arrange a mth for IVF? My record still indicate as 'open date'

You went for counselling liao? If not, then they will remind you to do it after the counselling session.
Open date? Dun need to see Dr THH until ER? I think better call to check when you can start coz the queue for fresh is up till Jul liao.

The last time they put mine under open date. When i walked out of Dr THH's room, i asked the asst (not Felicia) if i can start the next month and she said can but end up cannot lor. Coz there is fixed # of cases they can take per month. So i ended up doing 2months later.

You went for counselling liao? If not, then they will remind you to do it after the counselling session.
Open date? Dun need to see Dr THH until ER? I think better call to check when you can start coz the queue for fresh is up till Jul liao.

The last time they put mine under open date. When i walked out of Dr THH's room, i asked the asst (not Felicia) if i can start the next month and she said can but end up cannot lor. Coz there is fixed # of cases they can take per month. So i ended up doing 2months later.

The IVF mth is finalized after the counselling session?

I rem the nurses said they will call me after 1 to 2 weeks after the bt... should I call to KKIVF centre to enquiry or to Dr Tan's nurse?

The IVF mth is finalized after the counselling session?

I rem the nurses said they will call me after 1 to 2 weeks after the bt... should I call to KKIVF centre to enquiry or to Dr Tan's nurse?

Call kkivf if you want to enquire about your ivf schedule and and counselling. Their advice is more accurate.
You call Dr Tan's asst if you want to hijack Dr Tan's schedule in clinic D.

Back