IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Hello all, I'm also with Dr Tan.. Had my ER done yesterday.. Extracted 16 and need to take blood test for OHSS.. Going back on Monday for ET.. If OHSS positive is the ET delayed?

Hello all, I'm also with Dr Tan.. Had my ER done yesterday.. Extracted 16 and need to take blood test for OHSS.. Going back on Monday for ET.. If OHSS positive is the ET delayed?
I personally think 16 should be safe.. touchwood OHSS i think minor should be ok to transfer. If really unwell dr maybe postpone ET to next cycle.

I personally think 16 should be safe.. touchwood OHSS i think minor should be ok to transfer. If really unwell dr maybe postpone ET to next cycle.

Thanks! Took blood test this morning and all is well. Was quite worried as had bad bloating and discomfort on Sat. Now seems all gone.

But my ET will be wed instead as dr suggest to try for blastocyst since there are 9/16 good embryos. Now hoping for a good quality blastocyst on wed..

Thanks! Took blood test this morning and all is well. Was quite worried as had bad bloating and discomfort on Sat. Now seems all gone.

But my ET will be wed instead as dr suggest to try for blastocyst since there are 9/16 good embryos. Now hoping for a good quality blastocyst on wed..
haha, good good :)

16-18mm before the doc gives the green light to do ER.
Hi towkayneo, I went for scan today and it's 20mm. Does it mean it will auto ovulate? How do we know if we are ovulating other than OPK? Will there be such cases like follicle is large enough but we do not ovulate?

Hi towkayneo, I went for scan today and it's 20mm. Does it mean it will auto ovulate? How do we know if we are ovulating other than OPK? Will there be such cases like follicle is large enough but we do not ovulate?
Well, there is no more proven way to know ovulation other than opk. Possible, there are many factors why ovulation doesn't happen like stress or if you are given jabs to suppress ovulation.

Hi sisters, I'm going for counselling in April. Will start my 2nd fresh in May. May I know how long is the counselling session?
Need to plan what time I can go for next appointment on that day.. Many thanks in advance!!

Hi sisters, I'm going for counselling in April. Will start my 2nd fresh in May. May I know how long is the counselling session?
Need to plan what time I can go for next appointment on that day.. Many thanks in advance!!
2nd fresh need Counselling?

Hi ladies... Kinda a sad day for me. Did my ER and only 3 were retrieved. Is it consider very Low probability of a successful ivf?

Depends on the egg quality.
I had one cycle where only 2 retrieved, and of the 2 eggs only 1 fertilised to become embryo. It was transferred on day 2 and became my daughter.
Don't give up! :)

Hi Mei,

thanks very much for your words of encouragement! and glad to know there is still a chance. Today is my ET day. Hope something turns up well too.

when will KKIVF centre call up to you for counselling? I met Dr Tan on 1 Mar and said I will received a call but till now, no calls yet...Or they will only scheduled near ur IVF date? I planning to do on July or Aug but I did not told Dr Tan abt this....

when will KKIVF centre call up to you for counselling? I met Dr Tan on 1 Mar and said I will received a call but till now, no calls yet...Or they will only scheduled near ur IVF date? I planning to do on July or Aug but I did not told Dr Tan abt this....

Think you will have to call and tell kkh to check. The queue to start ivf treatment is usually 2-3 months from your last appointment.

I am not sure, but usually Dr Tan will tell u when ur cycle will be scheduled (as in, u can arrange with him then he will write a memo to ivf centre on the month). Do u have a next appt with him alr scheduled? Mb he intends for u to see him before scheduling.
Mb u can call kkivf to ask them when ur counselling session is and whether there was any prior arrangement for u to start ivf cycle in a particular month.

Thanks Emmie3006 and hi_mei,

I don't have any next appt with Dr Tan, he said someone from KKIVF centre will call up to schedule counselling session and the blood tests. Maybe I will call up by next week or so to inquiry....

Hi ladies

I just did my ET yesterday and have been feeling bloated. I can eat, drink and pee.. Sry about that :).. Just feeling bloated. Is that normal?

Hi Mei, thanks!

Can check w u, during ur tww, did u bed rest everyday? Do u feel bloated n crampy?
Hi sorry for deleted post. No need to bed rest, but try not to carry heavy things.
Cramps usually will have, whether bfn or bfp cycle. It is bcos of the progesterone inserts.

wynn0404 & vickypinky, do stay relaxed and cheerful ya. There's a lot of comedy movies if can download then watch them for laughter!! Vickypinky, how are you now? Still bloated? Last week I was sick with very bad cold and my silly GP gave me a false alarm. He said if I take the steroids, I may not be able to proceed with IVF ask me check with ivf centre. I was so moody since Friday until just now. I just called kk ivf nurses and they gave me the green light!!! So damn happy!!

Thanks Mei!
I still feel bloated after 5dt. Not much of cramp even after progesterone insert tho. Not too sure does it work for me .

Done my blood test this morning and it's positive.. And I have 5 frozen blastocysts..

Baby dust to all..
Congrats!!! Take care and enjoy pregnancy!!
Can write up your whole process ivf from register to diet to er to et...
Would like to knw the sequence...Thanks...

Congrats!!! Take care and enjoy pregnancy!!
Can write up your whole process ivf from register to diet to er to et...
Would like to knw the sequence...Thanks...
Thanks! Honestly, I didn't do anything special before my IVF cycle. But just days before my expected menses, I read about taking supplements, red beans, black beans, egg whites.. The supplements I took during the cycle are Co Q10 200mg, selenium 200mcg, vitamin B complex, vitamin C 400mg, vitamin D3 5000IU, omega 3 and folic acid (I made my hubby take them too). I stopped most after my positive urine test but continue folic acid and b complex. I took egg whites, red beans and/or black beans daily before ET, after ET, I just focus on balanced diet and eat out less. My hubby and I also cut out caffeine from our diet.. And that's about it..

Thanks!

Congrats babe!!
Thanks! All the best to you too! Relax and don't think about signs, I don't have any pregnancy signs..

Thanks! Honestly, I didn't do anything special before my IVF cycle. But just days before my expected menses, I read about taking supplements, red beans, black beans, egg whites.. The supplements I took during the cycle are Co Q10 200mg, selenium 200mcg, vitamin B complex, vitamin C 400mg, vitamin D3 5000IU, omega 3 and folic acid (I made my hubby take them too). I stopped most after my positive urine test but continue folic acid and b complex. I took egg whites, red beans and/or black beans daily before ET, after ET, I just focus on balanced diet and eat out less. My hubby and I also cut out caffeine from our diet.. And that's about it..

Thanks!

Thanks! All the best to you too! Relax and don't think about signs, I don't have any pregnancy signs..
I too have been reading alot until my mind goes bonkers...well thanks for sharing up..Btw im April cycle after failed so-iui.Take care and have smooth sailing pregnancy till u hold ur precious lil one on hand...Hapy for u.....:)

Last edited:

I too have been reading alot until my mind goes bonkers...well thanks for sharing up..Btw im April cycle after failed so-iui.Take care and have smooth sailing pregnancy till u hold ur precious lil one on hand...Hapy for u.....:)
All the best for ur April cycle... Coming soon!

Back