IVF @ SGH with Donor sperm?

I believe that if you really want, you can appeal to MOH to let you use donated sperm from male relatives of your husband, which can be considered on a case-by-case basis, so that child can be genetically-related to husband. For example from Father-in-law or Brother-in-law. Check with your doctor if you are considering such an option. Heard that it is more common for egg donors to be female relatives of the wife.

I believe that if you really want, you can appeal to MOH to let you use donated sperm from male relatives of your husband, which can be considered on a case-by-case basis, so that child can be genetically-related to husband. For example from Father-in-law or Brother-in-law. Check with your doctor if you are considering such an option. Heard that it is more common for egg donors to be female relatives of the wife.

local donor sperm?
and have successful pregnancy?

Actually for my case, I used egg donation from female relative, my cousin. Took a while to persuade my husband and in-laws to accept it, as they were actually advocating to get a super-beautiful and educated egg donor from overseas. But travel restriction due to pandemic made this impractical, so ended up with my cousin as donor. Even so, I won't be sharing that much DNA with child, just 6.25% (with 1st cousin as egg donor).
However, if I used a sister, the % shared DNA would be much higher at 25%. But I have no sister, being the only girl in my family. I also heard from my doctor, that for male infertility, possible to get male relative of husband as donor.

anyone tried IVF @ SGH with Donor sperm?
What was your outcome?
Wondering for your case, would you prefer to go for anonymous sperm donation, or known donation from husband's relative. Do you think it would be easier for your husband to accept the child if he shares some genetic connection through donation from his relations? For example, from his father - 25%, from his brother - 25%, from his paternal or maternal uncle - 12.5%, from his nephew - 12.5%, from his first cousin - 6.25%.

Last edited:

Back