IVF September 2017 cycle

Urs is one day away from mine! Cool.. apart from the soreness in the breast, everything else seemed normal.. no symptoms at all. Is it normal to feel normal? Btw do you take spicy food and coffee?

although i try not to read all the symptoms. but when i was pregnant with my son, soreness of my breasts was very obvious. no period symptoms at all. only very tired. hope this helps :)

Urs is one day away from mine! Cool.. apart from the soreness in the breast, everything else seemed normal.. no symptoms at all. Is it normal to feel normal? Btw do you take spicy food and coffee?
I also feel normal. I did not take coffee for sometime. Hmm, I still got eat spicy.

I also feel normal. I did not take coffee for sometime. Hmm, I still got eat spicy.
I saw in the August ivf forum that someone posted on the donts after fet and one of it is to cut coffee and spicy food. And I didn't know till now. Haha.. yst still ate curry fish head.. hope it doesn't matter..

Hi all, can I ask wat kind of feeling u all feel for FET while waiting for beta test 2.5 weeks later??

Like when lay down. Do u feel like stomach sound n does ur stomach feel bloated?

Hi ladies, any one is doing ivf in KKH?
Care to share how much $$$ do i have to prepare for the briefing and other costs which is not claimable by the ivf grant.

I’ve already done all my blood test. Now waiting for my briefing next week

Hi ladies, any one is doing ivf in KKH?
Care to share how much $$$ do i have to prepare for the briefing and other costs which is not claimable by the ivf grant.

I’ve already done all my blood test. Now waiting for my briefing next week

Total cost appx 12k. Briefing did some blood test appx $100. Grant 6.3k grant (both singaporean), medisave 6k for first art stimulation.

Hi all, does anyone know how long you have to queue before the start of ivf process at kkh? Btw, can you skip iui process and proceed directly to ivf?

Hi all, does anyone know how long you have to queue before the start of ivf process at kkh? Btw, can you skip iui process and proceed directly to ivf?

1 month to see doc and do all necessary tests. Unless your results are poor and also dependent on age, then dr will recommend ivf straight

Doctor recommended me to do iui first but i refuse to.. heard alot of failed iui stories. So don’t want to waste $$ and opt for ivf straight

Thank you all for the reply. I am thinking of going straight to ivf as like many said the sucess rate of iui is low and since i am 38 year old soon, my sucess rate for ivf also is low about 30%.

I remember the second iui i hv done, when i do the follicle scan. She said not ready or smthg, i asked more. She did not explain to me. So i feel like switching to kkh. Well, every doc is different.

I had egg pick up this Monday. Received call from KKH just now, said i have only 3 usable embryo. I have 2 options, to transfer today or wait until day 5. Anyone have the same experience?

I had egg pick up this Monday. Received call from KKH just now, said i have only 3 usable embryo. I have 2 options, to transfer today or wait until day 5. Anyone have the same experience?
Hmm, I think Day 5 transfer have higher success rate cos the embryo already reached blastocyst stage. However, waiting till day 5 might mean that some of your embryos might not make it to blastocyst stage in the lab. So, it's really up to you, whether you want to risk losing the egg.

Personally, I think transfer at Day 3 is better than not having any embryo at day 5?

Hmm, I think Day 5 transfer have higher success rate cos the embryo already reached blastocyst stage. However, waiting till day 5 might mean that some of your embryos might not make it to blastocyst stage in the lab. So, it's really up to you, whether you want to risk losing the egg.

Personally, I think transfer at Day 3 is better than not having any embryo at day 5?
Yes, doctor told not guarantee all the embryo can make it to day 5. If transfer now, they cannot select the best as not so obvious in this stage, I intended to put 1 embryo only. So I decided to risk until day 5. Hopefully embryo can grow, even only 1

I wait until day 5, turm out only 1 embryo became blastocyst.

Hi ladies,

How did you ladies inform your bosses that you will be undergoing ivf treatment?
I’ve recently just left my job whom i’ve been with for the past 7 years. I just started my current job last month and i will be undergoing ivf treatment next week. Ihaven’t inform my new boss... im afraid that they will fired me just because i will be absent from work on and off... if i provide them with medical certificate can they still fired me? I’m worried that i will lose this job. Im in dilemma . Any advice ladies? Thanks

Hi ladies,

How did you ladies inform your bosses that you will be undergoing ivf treatment?
I’ve recently just left my job whom i’ve been with for the past 7 years. I just started my current job last month and i will be undergoing ivf treatment next week. Ihaven’t inform my new boss... im afraid that they will fired me just because i will be absent from work on and off... if i provide them with medical certificate can they still fired me? I’m worried that i will lose this job. Im in dilemma . Any advice ladies? Thanks

There will be a 2-3 weeks mc after the egg retrieval. I wouldn't start a new ivf cycle if in a new job. You may want to wait till they confirm you first? I did inform my bosses in advance when i prebook my ivf cycle.

Back