IVF September 2017 cycle

Hi everyone,

I will be seeing Dr Tan HH this thursday and would like to ask if IVF procedure will affect your work? Will MC be given? Appreciate some advice. Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,

I will be seeing Dr Tan HH this thursday and would like to ask if IVF procedure will affect your work? Will MC be given? Appreciate some advice. Thanks in advance.
Once u start injections, u will have to go to kkivf every few days or so for scanning in the morning. What time do u have to report to work?

Hi Bernicebb,

Hope this info helps.

37f4f7e5c5f785605780ccfcbf3add07.jpg

Oh wow! Looks like everyone is on KKH. I'm with SGH though. I usually just take the day off for the scan but so far my first and upcoming scan has been scheduled for saturdays. So work is not impacted much.

Oh wow! Looks like everyone is on KKH. I'm with SGH though. I usually just take the day off for the scan but so far my first and upcoming scan has been scheduled for saturdays. So work is not impacted much.

Hey, I'm with SGH too! How come you so lucky to be scheduled for Saturday. Haha. My next scan is on Monday. Started injections last night.

Does anyone knows if IVF patients means private? I went through subsidized route but recently my bill has been indicating that I'm a private patient? o_O

Hey, I'm with SGH too! How come you so lucky to be scheduled for Saturday. Haha. My next scan is on Monday. Started injections last night.

Does anyone knows if IVF patients means private? I went through subsidized route but recently my bill has been indicating that I'm a private patient? o_O
You seeing which doc? If u choose doc is under private

I think it depends on when u start the injections! I started mine on Monday so scans have been scheduled on Sat since it's like the 5th - 6th day.

I think even private are subsidized? I went in as a private patient but am still utilizing the government subsidies + medisave. Is that the same case for u?

Who's your doc? Mine is Dr Yu.

hi wad does double stimulation means?

It means I have to go thru 2 rounds of stimulation to collect eggs because any will be transferred back. So after 1st round of eggs retrieval, instead of transferring the embryos back, they will start me on another round of stimulation to collect another round. This is considered 2 rounds of fresh cycle in terms of government subsidies.

Anyway just to share something I thought was pretty funny. So because I'm DOR, I have almost no chance of getting OHSS. So when the doc was going through the information and risk of IVF, she completely skipped the part of OHSS and tell me "this part is not applicable to you." Seriously don't know whether to laugh or to cry

Anyway just to share something I thought was pretty funny. So because I'm DOR, I have almost no chance of getting OHSS. So when the doc was going through the information and risk of IVF, she completely skipped the part of OHSS and tell me "this part is not applicable to you." Seriously don't know whether to laugh or to cry

Well, looking at the bright side at least you have 1 less thing to worry about.
All the best to you, hope you have an abundant "harvest".

hi ladies i'm also doing at SGH! so far my scans have also been on weekdays too. Today i went for scan and had to go back in the afternn as the doc was in operation. jiayou to us all!!

hi ladies i'm also doing at SGH! so far my scans have also been on weekdays too. Today i went for scan and had to go back in the afternn as the doc was in operation. jiayou to us all!!

How many scans have u gone for? I went for my first scan last sat and didn't see the doc. When will the doc review the progress?

I think it depends on when u start the injections! I started mine on Monday so scans have been scheduled on Sat since it's like the 5th - 6th day.

I think even private are subsidized? I went in as a private patient but am still utilizing the government subsidies + medisave. Is that the same case for u?

Who's your doc? Mine is Dr Yu.

Hmm i know about the governemnt subsidies but previously as subsidized patient, even the meds are cheaper. so...

I'm with Dr Hema cos didn't get to choose ba. Good luck for your cycle! Which protocol are you on?

1st IUI failed.. Trying for 2nd soon.. Of fail might proceed to IVF..
Anyone know how long does it takes to go through the IVF process including scans and all?

1st IUI failed.. Trying for 2nd soon.. Of fail might proceed to IVF..
Anyone know how long does it takes to go through the IVF process including scans and all?
My stimulation phase was 13 and 10 days for my previous 2 fresh cycles. This varies with individual depending on ur response of the follicle growth. My egg retrieval was done the day after my last injection. Then both cycles i did a day 5 blastocyst transfer which is 5 days after egg retrieval. Then after that will be the 2ww before u go for the beta hcg to check if pregnant or not.

My stimulation phase was 13 and 10 days for my previous 2 fresh cycles. This varies with individual depending on ur response of the follicle growth. My egg retrieval was done the day after my last injection. Then both cycles i did a day 5 blastocyst transfer which is 5 days after egg retrieval. Then after that will be the 2ww before u go for the beta hcg to check if pregnant or not.
Hey thanks.. Gee the process was quite quick.. Always thought itll be a month or so... How was ur IVF turns out so far.. ?

Hey thanks.. Gee the process was quite quick.. Always thought itll be a month or so... How was ur IVF turns out so far.. ?
Sadly to say i failed both fresh cycles. Both resulted in early miscarriage. Most likely due to my pcos condition which affects the embryo quality. Going for my third cycle end of the month.

Hi all, I am going for my 1st frozen transfer this month. Tomorrow going for scanning to see if I am ovulating and if the wall is thick enough.. praying hard.. failed the first fresh cycle.. good luck to all who are doing it this month too!!

Hmm i know about the governemnt subsidies but previously as subsidized patient, even the meds are cheaper. so...

I'm with Dr Hema cos didn't get to choose ba. Good luck for your cycle! Which protocol are you on?

Oh I didn't realize that the meds are cheaper? I honestly don't think the doc is the main factor to success, a lot depends on the quality of the eggs, sperm and of course a lot of luck.

I'm on short protocol. The doc say if I go on long protocol which means longer suppression, maybe my factory cannot even start.

Sadly to say i failed both fresh cycles. Both resulted in early miscarriage. Most likely due to my pcos condition which affects the embryo quality. Going for my third cycle end of the month.
Pcos huh.. I have a fren who went for day surgery cause of pcos.. Currently gg for her first IUI.. Did u went for any surgery before gg for IVF?
Hey best of luck for ur third cycle

Hi all, I am going for my 1st frozen transfer this month. Tomorrow going for scanning to see if I am ovulating and if the wall is thick enough.. praying hard.. failed the first fresh cycle.. good luck to all who are doing it this month too!!
Good luck!! Im gg for my 2nd IUI.. If fail,might try for IVF..

Pcos huh.. I have a fren who went for day surgery cause of pcos.. Currently gg for her first IUI.. Did u went for any surgery before gg for IVF?
Hey best of luck for ur third cycle
My doc says my pcos condition cannot be solved through any kind of surgery leh. Thank you! All the best to you too!

hi all, i just read here that going for ivf as private of subsidized patient can also qualify for the government subsidy ?

is this for kkh only or how about nuh ?

Back