IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

Baby... My helper is ok, though give me black face when I told her things she didn't do right, but ignore her la.

bubblybear, congrats and rest well
happy.gif
you make me miss the feeling of holding a newborn in my arms.. haah.. my trio no longer babies anymore..

baby, my helper generally good attitude and dote my kids. but her IQ n EQ very very very limited. i hv to put up with it.. do very basic cleaning.. my stove top all stained even though she wipes everyday. my basin top also all badly stained :S i just hv to close both eyes..haiz..
yesterday morning i ask her to giv my kids yogurt for breakfast before i left for work. at night i came back she told me she open a pot of blueberry yogurt, and my younger boy told her he only wants strawberry yogurt. so she kept the blueberry and din give. i ask her if there r no more strawberry yogurt, she answer me still have. then i ask her why she din give him???????? she stare at me and keep quiet. u see lah.. this is how limited she is when it comes to handling situations... not flexible n also cant think type.

i cant do without a maid.. so have to just put up with her. at least she has no off days and also no hp. wont demand for it also.. and i m not at home whole day.. if get a maid too smart also will worry dunno what she will do at home. this one i know she v guai..whole day do housework non stop. but all not clean one lah..LOL

Panda
Yup... Cant expect a perfect helper... As long as she can do the basic and be nice to our kids.. Thats all we want...

Hopefully my next helper will be a nice one... Really forbia abt it...

baby, yes...its even harder for us to get good help coz we hv young multiples. the experienced or smarter ones will not want to work for us. only those no experience and desperate to get out of their country will take the job.

i hv seen maids in my neighbourhood, just walk the dog morning n afternoon! very relax one.. with such jobs who wanna work for us??

i also v scared of changing maid now. so try to close both eyes..so long as no big mistakes i wont tell her off. recently she spoil some of the new clothes, i also keep quiet. haiz.. at the mercy of our maids...

panda - I feel u! just end May, my washing machine had some problem so after hb fix it he told me go check after the machine finish spinning. u won't believe wat I saw inside the machine when I open the door. my clothes, hb clothes, baby's clothes + my brainless maid clothes all inside!!! I nearly fainted when I saw it! she told my mil only her t-shirt inside, but I took out her panty & bra too!!! I was jumping mad & scream at the top of my lungs at her. hb after found out what happen ask me go rest while he take over. after 10 mins she came to my room crying & say sorry to me! I'm not contemplating whether to change her or not.

I also very scared to change maid cos my girl too 8 mths to accept my current maid & I'm going for FET soon. I also cannot do without a maid, I can take care my girl but definitely cannot cope with the housework

winniepooh, yeah lor, we are totally at their mercy. same here, i can handle d kids, but the cleaning n chores, cannot .... n i hv 3 kids to prepare their daily sch stuff n washing of all the milk n water bottles..

my maid dunno how caused a hole in one of my new tops. i havent wore, she wash and after that in the middle of the blouse has a hole. some clothes color ran coz she din separate.. yellow become blue, white become red, etc etc.. haiz...smtimes i also dunno what to say...

hb says so long as the kids r safe and healthy, other things just close both eyes n ears...

mine can crack the handle of my washing machine! I tell hb I use up all my luck to strike my girl during my fresh cycle so no more luck with maid *sigh*

hahaha..thts a good one. in tht case i have worse luck than u! coz i used up my whole lifetime's luck to strike 3. :p

no choice, just have to give n take. smtimes i also feel sad for my maid. she is only 24, and her dot is same age as my trio. so young and mummy hv to go work overseas. i cant imagine not being with my trio at all!

panda - my maid also 24 & her girl is 4 yrs old. sometimes they situation really force them to give up being with their kids & work overseas. my maid say back home her salary only $100, work with me she get 5 times more! now I try to close both eyes cos really not easy for my girl to accept a new person. like u my maid can forgo her off day to help me, doubt any new maid can take it

winniepooh, true true ..so i always try to think of the positive side of having her here.. the not positive things close both eyes!! we dont hv a choice..coz i m sure non of us want a helper if we can do without one.

when r u going for ur FET? back to CARE i suppose... ning is no longer there. my gf went back for her FET, feedback the new nurse not as good..esp at drawing blood.. :S

panda - starting FET this mth & best part is I'm sick! down with a bad throat, running nose!! going back to CARE cos my "babies" are there and Angela is not around now so I have to go TLC for all my scans. I think I'll request to go TLC for my BT since the new nurse no skill in drawing blood, dun wanna freak myself more!

just found out from Ning she's gonna work in a gynae clinic in paragon & majority of the patients are Japanese!!

Thanks mummies for all the well wishes!

Baby - yours is twin, 2kg ok. Some more I put on more weight this time but bb didn't absorb as much, so I got to work harder now to she'd off the excess!

Panda - yes, in fact that is one reason for me to go for #3...haha, newborn so small and cute like koala.

Life's been chaotic and tiring ever since. Was down with fever few days ago, now #2 also having fever. 1 kid is easy, 2 still ok too, but with 3 really stretched. And u have 3 all at once!

Winniepooh - all the best for your FET, get well soon, but all this is luck, the flu usually does not affect results. I remember I was also sick the last time and was surprised with a BFP the following month!

bubblybear, oh dear..hope you all get well soon. try to rest whenever possible. i can imagine how tiring or chaotic it is. haha..coz its been like this for me since my trio was born dec 2010. my life has never been normal! LOL

you r right... i feel exactly. when i handle only 1 of them n 2 r in cc..its a breeze. even 2 is ok.. i can still get things done n i dont need maid's help.. but when the 3 of them are together, its a total different story.. haiz....

as my kids get older, i have many new challenges..including the way my hb handles them. recent months i have been training the 2 younger ones to fall asleep by themselves on their bed.. i noticed ever since they fall alseep themselves, the night waking frequency reduced..but i can only manage 2 every night.. the eldest one my hb continue to carry n rock him to sleep. haiz.. so tht boy will cry middle of night for my hb to carry him! n last week the younger boy also fall sick.. n hb went into the carry n rock mode again!!
last night at 130am, both boys woke up n started fighting for my hb to carry n rock them. i wanna bang the wall.. 2 of them screaming n trying to whack each other coz both only want daddy to carry them. :S

grumpus, are you still around?? Can you share your experience with leaving ur girls in the room and making the exit before they fall asleep???

Bubbybear, congrats.

Winniepooh, all the best for ur FET.

Panda, r u bringing ur trios to Cambridge charity fair in aug ?

Gan,
Wanted to check with u ...teachet su told my parents that keith got hit on his head by his fellow mate.
He didnt cry though but now when we asked him he will point to his head. I wrote in the communication book asking teacher su if he did engaged in a *fight* ? ...maybe she felt it was a trivial matter n never reply le ..
sad.gif
... Am feeling that this cc operates more like 1 way communication unless we go down to talk to the teachers le. Am abit pissed ... do u usually write queries in the comms book ?

Day, there is a charity fair??? hahaha.. i hv no idea. the recent outing to some animal farm i also opt out. they require 3 adults to the 3 of them. both hb n i cant take leave..to just opt out. but during the meet parents session i got chided by the form tr becoz of this. she says i should let them go .. :p

i hv similar experience sometimes tht tr dont reply on comms book. i will usually act blur..sms the p n tell her tht i left a note n maybe tr v busy missed it..ask her help to check with the tr. after tht i will hv replies. but the positive side is the tr do make effort to write me notes even when i dont hv qns. like if they do smthing different like char..the only fruit she eats in sch is bananas..for a lnog time. suddenly last week she ate apples. so tr wrote to inform me she finally ate apples. hahaha..

thanks ladies! suppose to go for day 2 scan tomorrow but dr paul is on leave! but Angie say can go for day 4 scan so I'll see dr paul on mon & see wat he says.

now my sore throat is recovered, but nose still very block & now comes with cough & phlegm! I've not carried my girl the whole week. I hope the med works on me fast

panda
yes I'm still ard. yes! if they fall asleep by themselves they tend to fuss less during the night.
for me it was slightly easier cos I moved house. I showed them their new room their own beds n told #2 that'll she sleep there with jie jie. my elder is older so I just told her she'll sleep with mei mei.

every night I follow the same routine, milk brush teeth tuck them into bed n tell them good night, mummy is going back to her own room. if they need anything just talk mummy can hear them in the monitor. so they will chit chat with me over the bb monitor.

my younger will find excuses to get me back into the room. eg I need water, tummy pain, mummy pat etc etc. I will go back to the room n settle her issue calmly n tell her go to sleep n leave again. if it's like patting I will tell her mummy will pat 10 times then u go to sleep. n I will count out 10 pats then say good night n leave again. on a good night it's maybe 1-2 times of in out n she goes off to sleep in her own. bad nights can be many times. but I just continue in out in out until she falls asleep by herself lor. once she sleeps she's usually ok the rest if the night. sometimes once or twice fuss in the middle of the night I just repeat the same thing

Grumpus grace also use tummy pain as an excuse to get out of situation ... Like dun want to eat, sit in high chair etc

Panda my gal is also sticky at sleep time... We lie next to her and let her sleep on her own, no patting but we can't leave the room!! She will cry her heart out... At night one of us must be in the room with her. We bot a toddler bed with her she only slept once after that sleeps on floor with us.

Day I have never written in com book.... Maybe teacher Su never notice the note? Why not call Catherine and asked her whether Keith was engaged in a fight? Am sure she will ask teacher Su. How is Keith? Ok?

grumpus! these toddlers all hv the same patterns! haaha.. my kids oso.. while getting them to sleep, they will tell me they want to change into a different set of pjs, want to drink water, want to wear socks, want to rub oil on tummy, want to go to the kitchen get a container ! so they could be getting in n out of bed many times! :S each time i tell them after tht they hv to lie down n sleep..n each time they agree but after that ask for something else.

my girl usually falls asleep quite fast.. within 10-15mins ..i just sit beside her n she used to ask me to pat. if i dont pat her, she will use her hand pat her own backside..hahah..

my boys r the challenging ones. can sing loudly, talk and walk ard the room in the dark. my eldest boy even refuse to lie down. he will sit on his bed and tell the other two " its no good to lie down".. n the other two also sit up...faint

panda - last nite after I show my hb ur post on the kids wanna give their toys to garang guni, he told me if its true, he'll drive to ur house immediately & take all the toys home! I was laughing so hard at his reply!!

Panda
Im doing without a helper now... I do my own hsewk in the afternoon when my girls in sch... Too long nvr do hsewk liao... Shag mann...
Adult ratio 2:2 can be done but tiring... No 3rd person to take over for us to take a breather... Esp during meal times.. We cant eat in peace... Me and hb can take turn but we like to eat together.. Lol

My elder recently keep asking for milk in the middle of night.. Can drink 3 times on some nights! Dont know why... Last time can zz thru... Now crying for milk. If dont give she will cry the house down. Once finish milk she will doze off... Hai... Make us cant zz well also... Dont knw how to train her bk to zz thru..

Hahaaha... Its the same.. I guess all toddlers have the same pattern.. My girls also alot of patterns when zzzz.. Same as panda.. Will say go kitchen take container... Go take a toy.. Wana powder... Wana put oil on tummy... Complain tummy pain... Want to go toilet pee etc..
Many a times a lose my cool and scold them.. Then they keep quiet and guai guai lie down and zz... Lol

panda
u have to be firm. get them into bed n once they're in bed dun let them get out. they can call for whatever nonsense but no getting out of bed so they have to wait in the dark. I go in n settle whatever imaginary issue in the dark too.

sometimes my younger girl will really push her luck and I tell her if she does not lie down n try to sleep she'll have to stand outside by herself. I really put her outside the room by herself once and that was it. she don't dare to ever do it again. she will call for this and that but she will not get out of bed and she will always lie back down n try to sleep. of cos sometimes she will come up with other things but at least she stays put

Mommies,
Seems that all tots got the same zzz issues.
I followed grumpus method n close keith out in the dark living room n from then onwards he knows when its time to zzz no monkeying around. But recently got him his fav barney n friends char n he insisted to pat them zzz , wear diaper for the softies n feed them with his milk before his zzz. LOL

Panda,
At least ur teachers will write some surprise notes in ur trios comms. So far the teacher only wrote 1 comment on his bd party in the comms book. The rest r activities related comms. Actually for field trip abit siong logistically for 3x adults to company ur trios ...

Gan,
Keith's forehead got a little bum n a few tiny scratches the next day but he quite tough n rough type so I guess thats why he didnt cry when the incident happened. But guess he still can register the incident when we mentioned about it. will be celebrating his 2 at cc then I will ask teacher su.

R u in the cc facebook closed group ? Recently got pix of their class n I saw a few of grace's foto.
At least these pix can tell their movements n updates in the school.

Day oh dear, seems like quite a bad hit....other parts ok?

Yes in the fb close group, lately teacher su also update the Tods activity n fb. Grace is now in N1 apple class.

Are u going for the family day on 7 aug? I bot 1 sheet of the tix

Gan,

Yes ... No other abnormalities on other parts.

Oh... I didn't know grace moves on to N1 already. They move on to n1 at 30months ? Think ruka too right ? Who is teaching apple class now ?

Day, ruka , jayden and grace are promoted to N1 in July. All 3 same class, teacher Sharon and wang Lin are their teachers

How is Keith doing without teacher Yvonne? He is ok?

grumpus..i think the biggest problem is they r not scared of me leh. on the occasional nights i park them at my mum place...they all will lie down in the dark.. wanna talk also very softly whisper! coz scared of my mum who is fierce. haiz....

putting one outside the room will not work coz once i open the door all will run out. or the one outside will be playing with my in laws or go kitchen talk to the maid who will be trying to clear the cleaning..i also noticed between me n my hb, my hb gets bullied even more. if i take 1 hour to settle both the boys together, my hb will take 2 hours! they wanna play w him, climb onto his body sit on his tummy, or say wanna sleep on his body etc. all kind of nonsense come out..

there r many times i really blow my top at bedtime. coz the rest of the pple in the house cant cooperate. n i m so tired.. the kids dont sleep i cant rest n the following day i hv to work. so many times i bring work home wanna do, but by the time they KO, i am so exhausted.. :S

Day, yeah..the current form teacher is quite responsible ...n has initiative.. issues i casually mention to her she will help me talk to the kids.

exactly! for 3 adults to go to the field trip its a major challenge. i also highlight to the form tr when we met. she says next trip just need 2 adults.. and she dont want me to go!!! ask me to let hb go with one grandparent or the maid. coz my kids will all cling to me if i m there! in my heart i felt very sad leh! field trip mummy not allowed to go! aiyoh!

Gan,
Hows teacher sharon ? She seems ok.. but got fierce look. Thought she looks after the other half day tot class ... keith should be ok with teacher su ...
But recently changing diapers n changing clothes is a nightmare.
sad.gif

Winnie.. i found out that they learn that from my mum ! hahaha.. coz they refuse to keep their toys. so my mum told them dont keep she will sell all to the garang guni man! hahaha..they parrot after her. i dont think they know what a garang guni man is.

last night i told them dont keep i will give to the gor gor next door..they freaked out. quickly keep the toys. LOL

panda
then u need to get more firm and fierce and whip everyone into shape :p
find something that can threaten them if putting outside doesn't work.
see when u say u give away their toys they quickly keep. so u need to find what works to keep them in bed.

when me and the girls stay over at my mums place they also more naughty. look for my mum to play go disturb my bro and sis etc. much harder to get them to settle down. I need to roar and scold a lot more

haiz.. smtimes i also dunno how to be fiece leh. i tried.. then end up my kids play staring games with me.. end up i cannot tahan burst out laughing!!! coz 3 of them staring at me just looks so funny! and i dont want to start shouting at them coz they also will parrot me. very difficult!! i no expression they also not scared... :S

i tried to threaten them that i wil leave the room n get the helper in to pat them if they dont stay in bed. they will quickly lie down. but less than 1 minute later, get up again. haiz.. the worse is when they all start crying!! aiyoh... one cry all will start then i wave white flag. smtimes i tell them those who dont lie in bed, i call my mum n tell her to come n pick them up go her house and sleep. it always only work for a short time or only work with one or two of them. to work on all three never worked before! lol

now I use notti corner enough to make her burst into tears! I make her stand for min 5 mins, during this 5 mins she'll say a lot of times mummy sorry, mummy hug, mummy sayang & I have to harden my heart to ignore her if not she'll never learn. after 5 mins I give in & hug her she'll cling onto me like a koala bear & will be good for awhile

Winnie, notti corner cannot work when its me alone with 3 of them! nobody will stand there one. last time i use the play pen...but now they r older.. i hv nothing to trap them. i just need one of them to go n disturb the person in the notti corner...its chaos again.. and i will b the only one trying so hard to discipline. the rest of the family will let them do anything they want! faint!

mummies
hvnt log in for a long long time.
can i check what brand of insect repellent u use? is it effective? my boy came back with 10+ mosquito bites, i m so upset with the cc! then a 2nd time with like few bites on his face and no teacher noticed! i put tiger balm & watson mossie patch everyday, but not keeping the mossie away leh. he keep scratching at nite, so many scars and cant get good nite sleep
sad.gif

happy hippo
I use the California baby one. but that one needs frequent re-application
my friends highly recommend OFF, there's an unscented one that's very good

Happy
I also using the california bug repellent spray. The school requies each parent to put 1 bottle in the school.. They will apply before letting them outdoor.
I find the patch not as effective... Cos a small patch hard to diffuse smell to repell mos... Spray directly on skin more effective... Cream ones also works better.. Can apply on skin and also on clothes.

Did u give repellent to the tr so they can use it before letting yr son goes outdoor? Esp now dengue on the high.. V impt to prevent mos bites.

Panda
How often u let yr trio eat outside food as a meal?
Wkday dnr they eat home cooked food at yr mother plc right? How abt wkends? U cook or eat out?

grumpus, breezy, baby
thks for ur fast reply.
ya think i better double up - patch and spray hahahh
baby, the cc didnt ask parents to provide spray. coz they provide. they will spray the kids before going playgrd. but its a very mild one

Gan, hv u brought Grace to watch 三只小猪? belle enjoyed it v much despite tt she is only 18 mths. the ticket stubs will entitle u 15% discount to the frog prince which is showing next. we bought tickets for tt on thw spot to enjoy the discount.

Hazel yes brought her to watch early July and she loved the show. I have also purchased tix for frog prince but she has never hear this story yet so need to start telling her the story

mummies, i m letting go of my step 2 playhouse to buy a bigger one. Any mummy keen can PM me.

its in good condition and my kids have lotsa fun with it.

happy.gif

Gan/Day, will you be going for the charity fair?

i just bought 1 booklet of coupon too... will bring my trio there run ard. maybe we can meet there!
happy.gif

Back