IVF/ICSI Support Group

Once you see the
Thank you for sharing :)

Actually yes, I also worry my girl will be lonely as an only child. At the same time, I’m also worried I cannot handle what I’m going through now, I feel I didn’t do a good job caring for her. Or perhaps as my girl grow older and easier to manage, I may change my thinking. I have frozen embryos with the clinic so that makes me got into thinking what should I do as I’m not young anymore. Sigh.
Once you see the 2nd baby, all thoughts of not being able to cope will disappear cos you will automatically learn what to do :)

Go for it, you dont want to look back in years to come and kick yourself for not doing the right thing.

Anyone above 40 with low AMH succeed with Dr Tan HH (Alpha)?

We decided to go with Alpha as price is more reasonable. He did not say how many rounds of egg retrieval I need to take. He only mentioned to start on low dose and see how things goes and it most likely a fresh cycle as I do not have many eggs to start with. (He mentioned frozen cycle is more for those with many eggs), not sure what he meant by this?
He is indeed more approachable. He spent abt 30mins with us to manage our expectations.

Anyone above 40 with low AMH succeed with Dr Tan HH (Alpha)?

We decided to go with Alpha as price is more reasonable. He did not say how many rounds of egg retrieval I need to take. He only mentioned to start on low dose and see how things goes and it most likely a fresh cycle as I do not have many eggs to start with. (He mentioned frozen cycle is more for those with many eggs), not sure what he meant by this?
He is indeed more approachable. He spent abt 30mins with us to manage our expectations.

I think what he mean that fresh is suitable for u is cos due to low AMH, he scare if do frozen the embryo will not survive the thaw since u have little eggs to begin with

Just go for it ! However, pls get full family support. Or else stress and tired wont yield in anything.. are you also working?

Currently I’m not working but plan to do so early next year once my mil is able to help take care of my baby by herself. For next baby if ever have, don’t think she can help already cos she also getting old. What do you all think about hiring helper VS infant care?

Once you see the

Once you see the 2nd baby, all thoughts of not being able to cope will disappear cos you will automatically learn what to do :)

Go for it, you dont want to look back in years to come and kick yourself for not doing the right thing.

Thank you! :)

Do you mind sharing how did you manage to take care of your kids? I remember reading your posts before, you got 3 kids?

Currently I’m not working but plan to do so early next year once my mil is able to help take care of my baby by herself. For next baby if ever have, don’t think she can help already cos she also getting old. What do you all think about hiring helper VS infant care?
Hmm.. hire helper until 18mo.. then send to childcare :) I think thats better.. coz when bb is still young, they fall sick easily. Childcare is very strict, sick abit.. running nose abit.. cough abit.. will call parents to bring home. We end up has not enough annual leave. Also, if you are not working, its better to have someone to assist u at home. Adults to talk to, to keep your sanity! Hehe thats my view. Post-natal depression can be so real..

Hmm.. hire helper until 18mo.. then send to childcare :) I think thats better.. coz when bb is still young, they fall sick easily. Childcare is very strict, sick abit.. running nose abit.. cough abit.. will call parents to bring home. We end up has not enough annual leave. Also, if you are not working, its better to have someone to assist u at home. Adults to talk to, to keep your sanity! Hehe thats my view. Post-natal depression can be so real..

Yes I heard kids fall sick easily at childcare, infant care will be more worrying since baby is still so young.

You are right, I almost lose my sanity. I do have my mil to talk to at home, but maybe because I hardly step out of the house, I only think about taking care about baby, no self care nothing. So now I start to take short walks with baby, which is good for both of us, hopefully I will feel better.

Yes I heard kids fall sick easily at childcare, infant care will be more worrying since baby is still so young.

You are right, I almost lose my sanity. I do have my mil to talk to at home, but maybe because I hardly step out of the house, I only think about taking care about baby, no self care nothing. So now I start to take short walks with baby, which is good for both of us, hopefully I will feel better.
Yeah, good choice! When you are outside but avoid crowded place, your mind will be more relax. I like visiting nearby beach or playgrounds to have a breather during weekend. Talking to other parents/ playdates are also good, especially those with children around the same age.

How long did it take u to conceive your first one? After giving birth is the most fertile periods.

Thank you! :)

Do you mind sharing how did you manage to take care of your kids? I remember reading your posts before, you got 3 kids?
I have 4 kids, the elder boys are in primary school and they can auto-pilot, 3rd boy is in childcare and the 4th one is at home, so I'm mainly WFH, so it's not as tough.

maybe you can consider getting a helper and you get your MIL to jaga the helper. After the kinder woodlands saga, i think it's not very "safe" to place them in the hands of strangers for long hours especially when the infant is still an infant, if you know where I am coming from. The infant cant tell you if they are being neglected or abused, unless really really no choice, then infant care. Again, this is purely my opinion.

Yeah, good choice! When you are outside but avoid crowded place, your mind will be more relax. I like visiting nearby beach or playgrounds to have a breather during weekend. Talking to other parents/ playdates are also good, especially those with children around the same age.

How long did it take u to conceive your first one? After giving birth is the most fertile periods.

Hehe yes agree, it’s much better to be out for a while to relax the mind.

It took me many years to conceive my girl with multiple ivf tries. Finally she is in my arms

maybe you can consider getting a helper and you get your MIL to jaga the helper. After the kinder woodlands saga, i think it's not very "safe" to place them in the hands of strangers for long hours especially when the infant is still an infant, if you know where I am coming from. The infant cant tell you if they are being neglected or abused, unless really really no choice, then infant care. Again, this is purely my opinion.

Thank you for the suggestion. The reason why we are not looking at infant care for my baby girl now is also because what you mentioned, and since mil can still help.

3 fresh cycles and this was the 7th transfer! Finding the right doctor is very important. I got her upon the first try with a new doctor
Omg.. 3 fresh cycles + 7 transfers... quite alot. Did you transfer 1 or 2 blasts each time? Hmm.. I dont know how doctor can do such "magic", I still believe it depends alot on our body.

Omg.. 3 fresh cycles + 7 transfers... quite alot. Did you transfer 1 or 2 blasts each time? Hmm.. I dont know how doctor can do such "magic", I still believe it depends alot on our body.

I ever transferred 1 and also 2. But for this successful round, I transferred 1.

For my case, I have a rare female condition. However my previous doctor have her own protocol and even if I suggest something different, she is unable to follow. So I went to another doctor and he is able to follow what I have been researching is the best for people with my condition. Also, the lab also makes a difference in my opinion. You are right, body + protocol + lab, I feel is what contributed to my success.

I ever transferred 1 and also 2. But for this successful round, I transferred 1.

For my case, I have a rare female condition. However my previous doctor have her own protocol and even if I suggest something different, she is unable to follow. So I went to another doctor and he is able to follow what I have been researching is the best for people with my condition. Also, the lab also makes a difference in my opinion. You are right, body + protocol + lab, I feel is what contributed to my success.
Mind to share which doc and which lab?

Thank you for sharing :)

Actually yes, I also worry my girl will be lonely as an only child. At the same time, I’m also worried I cannot handle what I’m going through now, I feel I didn’t do a good job caring for her. Or perhaps as my girl grow older and easier to manage, I may change my thinking. I have frozen embryos with the clinic so that makes me got into thinking what should I do as I’m not young anymore. Sigh.
Plan what is best for you! Don’t worry u are doing a good job. Slowly you will be able to know what you want. It also take many years for me to figure I want to have another kid .

Lol. Icic.. i supposed you are still young hence can wait? I have bad feeling my 1st fresh cycle fail. No pregnancy sympthoms and i feel my body wants to start menstrual cycle but something is preventing it from happening.. mayb the crinone 8%?

My BT is next week..
I’m not young. Turning 40 soon in another 4 years.

Jia you.

My 2nd fresh failed previously too. But my 3rd fresh yields better quality eggs. Don’t give up!

I’m not young. Turning 40 soon in another 4 years.

Jia you.

My 2nd fresh failed previously too. But my 3rd fresh yields better quality eggs. Don’t give up!
Do they tell u your egg quality? Mine only shared "usable" eggs. I also forgot to ask embryologist my blasts grade. Haha. Unless KK doesnt share such info?

Last edited:
Hello all! Asking on behalf, couldn't find earlier replies on this. A friend is choosing between Dr SF Loh and Dr Tan Heng Hao. Would appreciate any experiences/advice especially if anyone has similarly considered both before. Thank you!

Hello all! Asking on behalf, couldn't find earlier replies on this. A friend is choosing between Dr SF Loh and Dr Tan Heng Hao. Would appreciate any experiences/advice especially if anyone has similarly considered both before. Thank you!
I will go for THH...he's more approachable and he's open to ideas. SF Loh, no doubt he's also dubbed as having magic hands, but some patients commented that he's eccentric, has a mind of his own and he may not be too open to ideas.

...most importantly is THH is more handsome LOL (joking)

Yes you are an aspiration to many! Hahaha. Thanks for helping us all this while with your previous advices.
no la, I'm just paying forward, years back when i chanced upon this forum, i was also looking for answers and thanks to those predecessors, they shared info which I think was helpful, so together with my own research and experiences, hope to help others who were like me back then.

KKH doesnt share grading.. i just asked. Nurse said grading is just physical appearance only doesnt mean anything. Err okay. I got my official report that I have no frozen blasts. Sad.
Maybe they changed already; I remember i was very insistent on the grading also, then again, i spoke to the embryologist, not the nurse.

jia you jia you, the fresh embbies could be the one.

Congrats and take good care of yourself during this critical period!
Thanks! Will do!

I didnt expect this and spent more than 6hrs walking around bird paradise (mandai) on saturday. Since HL is going to end today. So glad I am good today, need to really take a good care and rest well from now on.

Thanks again!

As of today, I feel absolutely nothing! No sore boobs, no cramp, no nausea, no sleepy, no tired, nothing..

Got to keep finger crossed for my scan day arranged in 2 weeks time. Hope all is good and growing well.
oohhh every scan is an exciting and precious moment!

Hi all!
Happy to announce that i got my BFP today! Hcg was 211- is this good?
Under NUH Prof PC wong
This is my 3rd FET, finally positive!!! No more frozen embryos so i was very worried
I have been given buttock injection which is super painful
Doc says must continue till end of first trimester.
I had a miscarriage b4 at 12 weeks so i am very very worried and anxious.
Anything i need to do? Im so scared of doing smtg wrong :/
Need advice, TIA!!

Hi all!
Happy to announce that i got my BFP today! Hcg was 211- is this good?
Under NUH Prof PC wong
This is my 3rd FET, finally positive!!! No more frozen embryos so i was very worried
I have been given buttock injection which is super painful
Doc says must continue till end of first trimester.
I had a miscarriage b4 at 12 weeks so i am very very worried and anxious.
Anything i need to do? Im so scared of doing smtg wrong :/
Need advice, TIA!!
Congrats! The nurse explained that anything above 200 ui/l is good. However, the most important is to have incremental amount everyday.

I just do abit of reading, apparently when we had ET regardless fresh or frozen, we are 2 weeks 5 days preggie. Differrent from natural conception. Interesting!

Back