IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi Ladies,
Im back again! This is my 3rd fresh cycle I’m doing and it’s gonna be my last cycle.

I have successfully conceived from my 1st frozen. But failed on my 2nd frozen & 2nd fresh cycle.
I underestimated myself and thought I wouldn’t go through again if I failed, but end up I just keep trying cos my first born wanted a sibling.
So today is my 3rd day of injection & and I’m gg back for review next week, if all is fine then I’ll proceed with my ER.
The nurse was quite shocked that I actually did my injection quite fast when I self injected myself after my scan and my hubby was telling me that he feel heart pain for me when he saw that I self -injected myself (he didn’t get the chance to see the way I self-inject myself everytime).
Hopefully everything goes well and I can graduate from IVF soon.
Im not going to take any HL or MC as I have taken HL this year and last year for my IVF cycle, so probably I’m just gonna take 3 days of Annual Leave to rest .
And also after this ER , I gonna rest till early next year before I do my frozen cycle so that I can give myself ample time to rest before I embark to the next cycle of my IVF.
Jia you everyone !
Jia you Jill!! Self-injection is much better as you can pace the process better and of cos be more mentally prepared.

Anyone here uses donor egg? Can kindly share how are the procedures like? Did u look for relatives/friends or pay for someone to donate eggs? TIA.

Anyone here uses donor egg? Can kindly share how are the procedures like? Did u look for relatives/friends or pay for someone to donate eggs? TIA.

I would like to ask for sharing of experience for
1. If low amh 0.94 , >40 years old, will frozen cycle have better chance than fresh cycle?
2. If during first cycle IVF attempt, there is 2 egg retrieval and 1 embryo, can I use all the medisave 15k in that attempt?

1. If low amh 0.94 , >40 years old, will frozen cycle have better chance than fresh cycle?
2. If during first cycle IVF attempt, there is 2 egg retrieval and 1 embryo, can I use all the medisave 15k in that attempt?
Hi,

1. I also have low amh and above 40. I have only gone fresh transfer. But was told frozen is as good as fresh if not better.
2. medisave first cycle is capped at $6k, second cycle $5k, third and subsequent cycles $4k

hopes it helps

Thanks. However I'm at crossroads....

I did my 1st cycle with TFC Dr Loh. However it was cancelled due to poor response. It was then changed to IUI.
Dr Loh is a man with few words. His answer is always very short, I find it hard to communicate with him. Need few consulations to get answer for 1 question. There was no blood test and any ultrasound scan done before start of IVF. And no discussion of the planned protocol he has for me. He is so different when in OT with his nurses, joking around. He asked me to try SO-IUI follow by IVF.

We went for 2nd opinion with Dr Chieng of Virtus. He is more willing to share and discuss with us on the protocol or drugs used. Virtue charges is very high. Dr Chieng wanted to do 2 rounds of egg retrieval which the cost adds up to 50k wo CPF. It's kind of out of budget for us. TFC is 20k++.

Thus Im not sure if frozen cycle would cost much more than fresh cycle as there are more steps involved or drugs used is different? Can anyone who done frozen & fresh cycle share their knowledge?

I really wish to have a baby after MC last June....I'm not young anymore...clock is clicking....

my doctor say recent research show both fresh and frozen yielded almost equal success rates. so it still depends on situational...

could anyone share any comparison reviews of the KKH doctors?

specifically Dr liu , Dr Chua and Dr Sadhana

thank you!
I was under Dr Liu Shu Ling and I BFPed under her. I would think that she is a very detailed doctor who would give you options. She will sit down with you and she is not the kind who will rush through.

Do consider her, wont go wrong. Good luck.

We went for 2nd opinion with Dr Chieng of Virtus. He is more willing to share and discuss with us on the protocol or drugs used. Virtue charges is very high. Dr Chieng wanted to do 2 rounds of egg retrieval which the cost adds up to 50k wo CPF. It's kind of out of budget for us. TFC is 20k++.

Hello Joy, to be honest, $50K for 2 rounds of ER is really an astronomical figure. Unless the doc can guarantee that after you spend that kind of money, you will definitely bring home a baby then perhaps can consider. Not to mention, $50K is only ER, what about ET and support meds?

Hello Joy, to be honest, $50K for 2 rounds of ER is really an astronomical figure. Unless the doc can guarantee that after you spend that kind of money, you will definitely bring home a baby then perhaps can consider. Not to mention, $50K is only ER, what about ET and support meds?

50k is 2 rounds of stim + 2 rounds of egg retrieval + ET + support med all in. It's still a big sum. Dr Chieng clinic, the stim med is expensive, from 4k to 11k. Depending on low or high dose.

50k is 2 rounds of stim + 2 rounds of egg retrieval + ET + support med all in. It's still a big sum. Dr Chieng clinic, the stim med is expensive, from 4k to 11k. Depending on low or high dose.
ya...cos such things are not guaranteed, say touchwood if it's BFN, then how?

Joy, you can consider going to Bridge IVF in JB, some ladies went there and attained BFP...you may want to consider.

Why need 2 rounds? Can do 1 round and see how's the yield? I think he did mention this to me when I 1st saw him, but I said I want to just do 1 round 1st. I got my 1st kid. After that I did needed to do 2nd fresh cycle for 2nd kid though. But who knows, if u have enough embryos from 1 fresh cycle, u may not need the 2nd fresh cycle

Why need 2 rounds? Can do 1 round and see how's the yield? I think he did mention this to me when I 1st saw him, but I said I want to just do 1 round 1st. I got my 1st kid. After that I did needed to do 2nd fresh cycle for 2nd kid though. But who knows, if u have enough embryos from 1 fresh cycle, u may not need the 2nd fresh cycle
I have low AMH 0.94 and am going to 42 soon. For my 1st try with Dr Loh in July, cycle cancelled as no response. No yield at all. Low AMH is deem to be poor responder for IVF. If can get 2 or 3, I be very happy. This month blood test, no good, cannot start at all. Im taking TCM for more than 6mths, taking fertility massage also plus supplements CQ010, DHEA etc.
I feel very lost....It going to be a very long journey...

Hi everyone,

Would like to check with u, anyone has a successful pregnancy with a day 6, grade C Blastocysts? I have 2x day 6, grade C Blastocysts frozen, but am not sure if they are viable for a successful pregnancy. Or should i undergo another round of egg extraction?

I am 37yo this yr and had a successful delivery of my baby girl. She's a grade B, day 5 blastocyst... wondering if i should restart the whole process, hoping to get a better grading blastocyst for implantation, or just try out the ones i have frozen. Wanna increase my chances and less wastage of money n time if i implant the grade C ones and fail....

Seeking your inputs on this matter... thanks in advance!

Hi everyone,

Would like to check with u, anyone has a successful pregnancy with a day 6, grade C Blastocysts? I have 2x day 6, grade C Blastocysts frozen, but am not sure if they are viable for a successful pregnancy. Or should i undergo another round of egg extraction?

I am 37yo this yr and had a successful delivery of my baby girl. She's a grade B, day 5 blastocyst... wondering if i should restart the whole process, hoping to get a better grading blastocyst for implantation, or just try out the ones i have frozen. Wanna increase my chances and less wastage of money n time if i implant the grade C ones and fail....

Seeking your inputs on this matter... thanks in advance!
Of course try out the frozen ones, my daughter was a Grade C, blastocyst. I was 40 when I did the FET. no point restarting the whole cycle and have loads of frozen viable embryos in the freezer. Try out the frozen ones first and if all dont work out then consider a new cycle.

I have low AMH 0.94 and am going to 42 soon. For my 1st try with Dr Loh in July, cycle cancelled as no response. No yield at all. Low AMH is deem to be poor responder for IVF. If can get 2 or 3, I be very happy. This month blood test, no good, cannot start at all. Im taking TCM for more than 6mths, taking fertility massage also plus supplements CQ010, DHEA etc.
I feel very lost....It going to be a very long journey...
My AMH was low for my age too but I started IVF when I'm early 30s so that's the only plus point. But otherwise, we cannot turn back the clock. Most impt is what u really want. If kids is really what u want, I feel just go ahead if it within your means. Even if fail at the end of the day, it's no regrets. All the best!

Hi Ladies,
Usually when will the embryologist call you to update the status of your blastocyst?
I was told 1 week later and today is D7 after ER but I still receive no call.
KKH IVF hotline said they cannot control cos this depends purely on the embryologist.

Hi Ladies,
Usually when will the embryologist call you to update the status of your blastocyst?
KKH IVF hotline said they cannot control cos this depends purely on the embryologist.
The embryologist mentioned they will try to finish the report within 1-2 weeks and give us a call to update the outcome. When was your ET?

could anyone share any comparison reviews of the KKH doctors?

specifically Dr liu , Dr Chua and Dr Sadhana

thank you!
We were with Dr Chua back in 2020, first FET and positive, our little one is 2 years old+ now. He's very patient, always all smiles and really takes interest in each case he handles. He even called us personally a few times to share our results and provide updates.

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

We were with Dr Chua back in 2020, first FET and positive, our little one is 2 years old+ now. He's very patient, always all smiles and really takes interest in each case he handles. He even called us personally a few times to share our results and provide updates.

Are you planning for your 2nd one?

Hi Ladies,
Yeah the embryologists are v busy n I had to call kkivf hotline to leave my callback request twice before the embryologists finally called me. Recvd my callback about a week after my fresh transfer of day 3 embryos. Had two KIV embryos but both didn’t make it. Lucky I already just froze 2 extra embryos on day3 and transferred 2 day 3 embryos. Both envy stuck but one stopped growing on week 6. Currently 15w+2d with my singleton day 3 embryo.

Yeah the embryologists are v busy n I had to call kkivf hotline to leave my callback request twice before the embryologists finally called me. Recvd my callback about a week after my fresh transfer of day 3 embryos. Had two KIV embryos but both didn’t make it. Lucky I already just froze 2 extra embryos on day3 and transferred 2 day 3 embryos. Both envy stuck but one stopped growing on week 6. Currently 15w+2d with my singleton day 3 embryo.
Hi. Is this your first cycle? I have 3 embryos day3 which embryologist grow to blastocyst day5 before transfer. Out of which, 1 embryo slow growing, 2 healthy blastocysts. We decided to transfer only 1 blastocyst due to my medical condition. Embryologist said she will monitor until blastocyst day7 to decide whether to freeze or not. I am on my 2ww now, only had cramps and some twinge so far. No implantation bleeding, I feel abit sad, but still have to continue with the routine until blood test day. Anyone BFP without implantation bleeding?

Hi. Is this your first cycle? I have 3 embryos day3 which embryologist grow to blastocyst day5 before transfer. Out of which, 1 embryo slow growing, 2 healthy blastocysts. We decided to transfer only 1 blastocyst due to my medical condition. Embryologist said she will monitor until blastocyst day7 to decide whether to freeze or not. I am on my 2ww now, only had cramps and some twinge so far. No implantation bleeding, I feel abit sad, but still have to continue with the routine until blood test day. Anyone BFP without implantation bleeding?
My first baby I had no implantation bleeding, basically no symptoms so don't read too much into it for now. Jia you!

hi all!

I received my report card.
2 embryos at Day 2, Grade 4
1 blastocyst at Day 5, Grade B
1 blastocyst at Day 6, Grade B

I am so glad that I have changed doctor to Dr Liu. She has given me not such a high dosage so that I can yield a better grade!

They did told me I can use my Day 5 blastocyst first.

Even the D2 embryo , they can further let it grow in future if they thaw it.

I will rest for the time for few months before I go for my FET.

Finally no more jabbing

me! i didnt have any implantation bleeding but i kept doing home pregnancy tests LOL

hi all!

I am so glad that I have changed doctor to Dr Liu. She has given me not such a high dosage so that I can yield a better grade!

Finally no more jabbing
Yay! you are in good hands! She's damn steady. Hope she will make your dream come true too!

me! i didnt have any implantation bleeding but i kept doing home pregnancy tests LOL
Lol. I am tempted to test too, but dare not do it. This is my first ivf cycle so I dont know what to expect. My first child was naturally conceived. I had implantation bleeding back then, no other symptoms otherwise. This round, I totally dont know what to expect. I dont even know if my last 2 blastocysts are developing well until day7 (they were day5) and whether successfully frozen.

On side note, I am doing 15 mins walks while replying, and going to have my brekkie soon. Lol.

Question - for gov subsidy, can I choose only fresh cycle to be subsidized and skip frozen transfer? As its more costly on fresh cycle with eggs extractions procedure and all. Thinking to maximise the subsidy.

Last edited:
hi all!

Finally no more jabbing
Congrats! Looks good yield so far. How many cycle did you go thru previously? Will you transfer just 1 or 2 this round?

Lol. I am tempted to test too, but dare not do it. This is my first ivf cycle so I dont know what to expect. My first child was naturally conceived. I had implantation bleeding back then, no other symptoms otherwise. This round, I totally dont know what to expect. I dont even know if my last 2 blastocysts are developing well until day7 (they were day5) and whether successfully frozen.

On side note, I am doing 15 walks while replying, and going to have my brekkie soon. Lol.

Question - for gov subsidised, can I choose only fresh cycle to be subsidized and skip frozen transfer? As its more costly on fresh cycle with eggs extractions procedure and all. Thinking to maximise the subsidy.
Govt subsidised 3 fresh cycle (7.7K max) AND 3 frozen cycle (2.2K max). So you can choose to use both, no need to skip

Yay! you are in good hands! She's damn steady. Hope she will make your dream come true too!
Yes yes! She gives very clear instruction for the covering doctor to do the ER for me. Covering doctor was Dr Tan.

Though the med made my body haywire but I think it’s worth.

At least this time round I have better results

Congrats! Looks good yield so far. How many cycle did you go thru previously? Will you transfer just 1 or 2 this round?
Hi I have 1 kid previously conceived by IVF (done by Dr Tan HH).

Then after that I have another Doc to do FET Day 6 for me but it failed & she suggested to do fresh cycle for me but it failed again.

So my guts feeling telling me I should change Doc cos maybe I don’t have fate with that doc.

So Doc Liu was very nice and recommended to try low dosage to yield better quality eggs. She told me doesn’t mean more eggs = good quality.

I really like her alot.
And this is my 3rd fresh already . Will be doing FET next year (I will just put 1 of the Day 5 blast).

Then after that I have another Doc to do FET Day 6 for me but it failed & she suggested to do fresh cycle for me but it failed again.

So my guts feeling telling me I should change Doc cos maybe I don’t have fate with that doc.

So Doc Liu was very nice and recommended to try low dosage to yield better quality eggs. She told me doesn’t mean more eggs = good quality.

I really like her alot.
And this is my 3rd fresh already . Will be doing FET next year (I will just put 1 of the Day 5 blast).
Hello.. thanks for info sharing. Which hospital are you with? If its your 3rd fresh cycle means you have used up gov subsidy. I think the cost for ivf is quite scary. Although its worth it once we hold our baby! :)

I really like her alot.
My situation is the same as you. I was previously under THH and he helped me to conceive 3x.

After he left, I was very sians and turned to another doc but yielded no results :(

Switched to Dr Liu and bingo! Got my dream and wrapped up my TCC journey.

Hi :) Would like to check did anyone had a tough time caring for the first kid, and because of this, was afraid of having a second kid but still went on to have second kid? How did you deal with the phobia and did everything turn out better than expected (caring for second kid)? Or did you make plans such that you get more help for the second?

My baby is 4mo but because I’m not young, I have to plan when to try for the second one if I can overcome the fear that I have now.

Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions, thank you!

Hello.. thanks for info sharing. Which hospital are you with? If its your 3rd fresh cycle means you have used up gov subsidy. I think the cost for ivf is quite scary. Although its worth it once we hold our baby! :)
Hihi, yes 3rd fresh cycle for this round . Will be doing my 3rd FET next year.

Yes it’s worth!

My situation is the same as you. I was previously under THH and he helped me to conceive 3x.

After he left, I was very sians and turned to another doc but yielded no results :(

Yes thanks that u have recommended Dr Liu to me. Dr Liu was very confident that we will be able to succeed this round.

I’m very grateful for everything and this forum is very informative for us

Hi :) Would like to check did anyone had a tough time caring for the first kid, and because of this, was afraid of having a second kid but still went on to have second kid? How did you deal with the phobia and did everything turn out better than expected (caring for second kid)? Or did you make plans such that you get more help for the second?

My baby is 4mo but because I’m not young, I have to plan when to try for the second one if I can overcome the fear that I have now.

Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions, thank you!
Me! I didn’t want to when my 1st child was 3 years old and I thought I never want to cos I grew up in a biased family where I was not being doted. But my girl was telling me she wants a sibling every single day. It makes me think that I should really consider having no 2.

So end up , my frozen cycle and fresh failed & it makes me even feel like having no 2.

Though there will be more financial cost but I feel it’s worth. At the end, my hubby and me will grow old and I do not want my girl to grow up thinking why we never try giving her a sibling.

Hopefully my FET next year will succeed. Jia you everyone.

Me! I didn’t want to when my 1st child was 3 years old and I thought I never want to cos I grew up in a biased family where I was not being doted. But my girl was telling me she wants a sibling every single day. It makes me think that I should really consider having no 2.

So end up , my frozen cycle and fresh failed & it makes me even feel like having no 2.

Though there will be more financial cost but I feel it’s worth. At the end, my hubby and me will grow old and I do not want my girl to grow up thinking why we never try giving her a sibling.

Hey.. why do you wait your FET until next year?

Yes thanks that u have recommended Dr Liu to me. Dr Liu was very nice and confident I’ll have good result !

Hi
I have an upcoming trip next year hahah. So I wanna enjoy my trip first and also to save more Annual Leave for next year.
Lol. Icic.. i supposed you are still young hence can wait? I have bad feeling my 1st fresh cycle fail. No pregnancy sympthoms and i feel my body wants to start menstrual cycle but something is preventing it from happening.. mayb the crinone 8%?

My BT is next week..

Thank you for sharing :)

Actually yes, I also worry my girl will be lonely as an only child. At the same time, I’m also worried I cannot handle what I’m going through now, I feel I didn’t do a good job caring for her. Or perhaps as my girl grow older and easier to manage, I may change my thinking. I have frozen embryos with the clinic so that makes me got into thinking what should I do as I’m not young anymore. Sigh.

Thank you for sharing :)

Actually yes, I also worry my girl will be lonely as an only child. At the same time, I’m also worried I cannot handle what I’m going through now, I feel I didn’t do a good job caring for her. Or perhaps as my girl grow older and easier to manage, I may change my thinking. I have frozen embryos with the clinic so that makes me got into thinking what should I do as I’m not young anymore. Sigh.
Just go for it ! However, pls get full family support. Or else stress and tired wont yield in anything.. are you also working?

Yes thanks that u have recommended Dr Liu to me. Dr Liu was very confident that we will be able to succeed this round.

I’m very grateful for everything and this forum is very informative for us
was it me?? Hahahah, I didnt know LOL

Continue to stay positive! Your baby is waiting at the end of the tunnel!!

Back