IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hihi.
My doc is from Kkh (female doc). Ya I was thinking there were 8 fertilised but why didn’t they actually put some under day 3 or day 4.
They risked all 8 of it and put under day 5. And Day 5 was actually a PH, which I don’t think embryologist will come back to monitor. Day 6 was already a Saturday (probably by the time, the embryologist came back to work for half day and saw all dying).
It’s pretty sad for me , I can’t get over that it’s failed. And I’m also changing doc to the same doc as you :)
I think 8 is a good number to begin with so usually dr will put all to blast.. anyway, I think our cycle differs each cycle and this cycle fail doesn't mean next cycle will.

Continue to try and success is waiting for you!

IKR! the whole load of pressure is on me due to my husband being only son. it's not our private decision anymore, whole village is pinning hope on us. the comfort is my husband is finally (like FINALLY) agree to sperm extraction by procedure as advised by numerous urologist and RC. Hope this will produce better sperm and outcome too
Agree with towkayneo that stress is the worst enemy when comes to ttc! It really affects the outcome! Having more intervention doesn't mean will have the best outcomes. It just drain us more! Nonetheless, all the best for ur upcoming cycle!

I’m devastated. I did egg extraction yesterday. Managed to get 11 eggs, but only 4 matured. And none fertilised. It is my first ivf attempt. Does anyone have had similar experiences?

I think 8 is a good number to begin with so usually dr will put all to blast.. anyway, I think our cycle differs each cycle and this cycle fail doesn't mean next cycle will.

Continue to try and success is waiting for you!
Thanks ya! Will try harder for the next cycle. Hopefully I will have flying colours for my next report card . I should be redoing my ivf in Oct/Nov 2023, but this time round I don’t think I’ll be taking HL.

I’m devastated. I did egg extraction yesterday. Managed to get 11 eggs, but only 4 matured. And none fertilised. It is my first ivf attempt. Does anyone have had similar experiences?

Hihi, same as me. I got 24 eggs , 8 fertilized and all 8 of them failed to become 5 days blastocyst. Dr saying maybe can try to keep some as Day 3 for next round.
May I know which hosp and doc did for you?

Hihi, same as me. I got 24 eggs , 8 fertilized and all 8 of them failed to become 5 days blastocyst. Dr saying maybe can try to keep some as Day 3 for next round.
May I know which hosp and doc did for you?
NUH, Prof Wong
Wonder anyone experienced it and had a better result next time? Was there anything we could do?

Hi all

I am not sure if any ladies here encountered something similar.

I am 35 turning 36 soon; and as of last year September my AMH was 0.28 ng/ml. It is extremely low for my age group despite the fact that I do not suffer any autoimmune diseases which will decrease it.

I am currently undergoing my first cycle of IVF with KKH. I was given Elonva last Thursday and went for my first scan this Monday of which the sonographer could only measure ONE follicle of 11mm and TWO other at 9mm & 7mm.

However for these two follicles they were uncertain if they are even follicles and I supposed to head down for a scan this Thursday.

Meanwhile I am given Orgalutran to inject tomorrow and Thursday before my scan.

Did any ladies experience this before? Where the sonographer cannot ascertain if those are follicles or not?

I am also very uncertain whether to proceed if I have just one follicle.

I find it so hard to come to terms with my AMH and infertility. I feel so helpless and not able to control this situation.

Hi all

I am not sure if any ladies here encountered something similar.

I am 35 turning 36 soon; and as of last year September my AMH was 0.28 ng/ml. It is extremely low for my age group despite the fact that I do not suffer any autoimmune diseases which will decrease it.

I am currently undergoing my first cycle of IVF with KKH. I was given Elonva last Thursday and went for my first scan this Monday of which the sonographer could only measure ONE follicle of 11mm and TWO other at 9mm & 7mm.

However for these two follicles they were uncertain if they are even follicles and I supposed to head down for a scan this Thursday.

Meanwhile I am given Orgalutran to inject tomorrow and Thursday before my scan.

Did any ladies experience this before? Where the sonographer cannot ascertain if those are follicles or not?

I am also very uncertain whether to proceed if I have just one follicle.

I find it so hard to come to terms with my AMH and infertility. I feel so helpless and not able to control this situation.

hi I also at KKH, hv low AMH 0.99ng/ml, age 39 . I’m on simm protocol of
Gonal F 300IU
Menopur 150IU
Ganirelix 0.25mg
and today is my 9th day of simm on my 1st IVF cycle.

my data is as follow
Day 9 simm
Left Ovary (mm): 17, 14.5, 16.5, 14.5, 13, 9
Right Ovary (mm): 8.5, 8, 6
Lining (mm):12.1

I already collected my trigger drug and egg pickup is on this Friday. I hv nothing to collect on my right ovary (??) but I am hoping I can collect at least some eggs from left side to try to even reach ET for this cycle. Not hopeful but keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

My plan (if this cycle fails) is to take some months off to go tcm n try to improve my egg quality with supplements first before trying again. I see this cycle as a testbed for my body condition and see which egg simulation protocol actually works for me.

I would suggest the same for you too, be patient and finish this cycle to see what can yield out of the current protocol and discuss with ur doc what adjustments to make. Jiayou.

edit: just to add that you scan on ur 5th day of simm and the follicles are understandably smaller. my day 4 simm data was v similar.
Day 4 sim
Lining thickness:6.1mm
Right O: 8.5,7,6.5
Left O: 10,8,8,7

you still are only half way through and there’s no way we can yield 15-20 eggs with our inherent ovary stores but I believe quality wins over quantity. Overstimulation and frying your eggs to drive up the numbers may not necessarily yield quality embryos too.

Last edited:
hi I also at KKH, hv low AMH 0.99ng/ml, age 39 . I’m on simm protocol of
Gonal F 300IU
Menopur 150IU
Ganirelix 0.25mg
and today is my 9th day of simm on my 1st IVF cycle.

my data is as follow
Day 9 simm
Left Ovary (mm): 17, 14.5, 16.5, 14.5, 13, 9
Right Ovary (mm): 8.5, 8, 6
Lining (mm):12.1

I already collected my trigger drug and egg pickup is on this Friday. I hv nothing to collect on my right ovary (??) but I am hoping I can collect at least some eggs from left side to try to even reach ET for this cycle. Not hopeful but keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

My plan (if this cycle fails) is to take some months off to go tcm n try to improve my egg quality with supplements first before trying again. I see this cycle as a testbed for my body condition and see which egg simulation protocol actually works for me.

I would suggest the same for you too, be patient and finish this cycle to see what can yield out of the current protocol and discuss with ur doc what adjustments to make. Jiayou.

edit: just to add that you scan on ur 5th day of simm and the follicles are understandably smaller. my day 4 simm data was v similar.
Day 4 sim
Lining thickness:6.1mm
Right O: 8.5,7,6.5
Left O: 10,8,8,7

you still are only half way through and there’s no way we can yield 15-20 eggs with our inherent ovary stores but I believe quality wins over quantity. Overstimulation and frying your eggs to drive up the numbers may not necessarily yield quality embryos too.

Yes I know it’s impossible to reach 15-20 eggs and I should not have much expectations about this cycle. However I still feel disappointed when I got my scan results. Maybe cause my AMH is really so low, I can’t help but feel I am going to reach menopause soon.

Thanks for reminding myself to take a step back and remind myself that there are factors beyond my control; and I can only do my best in those thatI have control of.

Yes I know it’s impossible to reach 15-20 eggs and I should not have much expectations about this cycle. However I still feel disappointed when I got my scan results. Maybe cause my AMH is really so low, I can’t help but feel I am going to reach menopause soon.

Thanks for reminding myself to take a step back and remind myself that there are factors beyond my control; and I can only do my best in those thatI have control of.
Sometimes if really have only 1 follicle, the dr may suggest convert to IUI instead of IVF.
Can discuss with your dr. This cycle has low number doesn't mean next cycle will be the same. Dont stop trying!

Sometimes if really have only 1 follicle, the dr may suggest convert to IUI instead of IVF.
Can discuss with your dr. This cycle has low number doesn't mean next cycle will be the same. Dont stop trying!

Yes she did. I chose to took the risk and continued with IVF. I went for my egg retrieval yesterday and it turned out to be an empty follicle.

It’s really heartbreaking and I am quite a lost on how to proceed.

It’s like so I switch out from KKH? Continue with my current doctor?

I took supplements, go for TCMs etc and yet the outcome is so disappointing.

Hugs. It must be tough to find no eggs retrieved after going thru all the pain of jabs and long queues of morning scans at kkivf.

I read that you hv been given Elonva, which is another type of gonadotrophin FSH hormones, similar to the usual Gonal F, menopur and pergovis. However I also read that Elonva being a much long lasting version, needs only one weekly injection, replacing the need for daily injections if you are under other IVF simm protocols.

I would say you still need to go for the follow up consult with the current doctor, but it doesn’t harm to seek 2nd opinion from another doc for ur tricky situation. If this is ur first ivf with Kkh, it is also very likely that the first ivf protocol is a testbed to see how ur body responds to stimulation drugs as the blood tests done under kk are more generic and may not be enough to pick up any underlying issues.

Another reason may be the unusual choice of this drug Elonva instead of the tried n tested daily Gonal-F/Menopur combo. Every individual respond differently to different drugs but if blood test does not reveal any abnormalities, I believe KKH will usually prescribe the most common and effective dose of stimulation drug to the first timers. However this also means that a one-size-fits-all approach is more likely less effective if you don’t belong to the common majority.

Kkh docs may or may not hv the bandwidth to deep dive into ur case as I believe you may need to do more parameters of blood tests daily (other than the scans) to see which component(s) is not working eg blood FSH, LH, AMH, Estradiol levels during the entire simulation process.

Hugs. It must be tough to find no eggs retrieved after going thru all the pain of jabs and long queues of morning scans at kkivf.

I read that you hv been given Elonva, which is another type of gonadotrophin FSH hormones, similar to the usual Gonal F, menopur and pergovis. However I also read that Elonva being a much long lasting version, needs only one weekly injection, replacing the need for daily injections if you are under other IVF simm protocols.

I would say you still need to go for the follow up consult with the current doctor, but it doesn’t harm to seek 2nd opinion from another doc for ur tricky situation. If this is ur first ivf with Kkh, it is also very likely that the first ivf protocol is a testbed to see how ur body responds to stimulation drugs as the blood tests done under kk are more generic and may not be enough to pick up any underlying issues.

Another reason may be the unusual choice of this drug Elonva instead of the tried n tested daily Gonal-F/Menopur combo. Every individual respond differently to different drugs but if blood test does not reveal any abnormalities, I believe KKH will usually prescribe the most common and effective dose of stimulation drug to the first timers. However this also means that a one-size-fits-all approach is more likely less effective if you don’t belong to the common majority.

Kkh docs may or may not hv the bandwidth to deep dive into ur case as I believe you may need to do more parameters of blood tests daily (other than the scans) to see which component(s) is not working eg blood FSH, LH, AMH, Estradiol levels during the entire simulation process.

Yes, I have a follow up appointment with my main doctoronly on the 25th July and can only ask him all these questions then.

I believe that it is mainly due to my extremely low AMH which is in the 0.* category hence I am considered a poor responder to stimulation drugs; thus maybe this was why Elonva was given to me.

KKH did not explain to me why they put me on such a protocol and I could only guess based on my limited knowledge from Google.

Meanwhile I am seeking a 2nd opinion. I have narrowed down a few choices but I would love if anybody have any reviews on
1. Prof Ng of Sincere
2. Dr Yeong of Virtus
3. Prof PC Wong of NUH

If you do, it would be so helpful to me if you could give me some feedback on these doctors.

In addition, is there any ladies who successfully conceive with such low AMH? I guess it wouldn’t hurt me to read if any women in the same situation as mine actually succeed.

Yes, I have a follow up appointment with my main doctoronly on the 25th July and can only ask him all these questions then.

I believe that it is mainly due to my extremely low AMH which is in the 0.* category hence I am considered a poor responder to stimulation drugs; thus maybe this was why Elonva was given to me.

KKH did not explain to me why they put me on such a protocol and I could only guess based on my limited knowledge from Google.

Meanwhile I am seeking a 2nd opinion. I have narrowed down a few choices but I would love if anybody have any reviews on
1. Prof Ng of Sincere
2. Dr Yeong of Virtus
3. Prof PC Wong of NUH

If you do, it would be so helpful to me if you could give me some feedback on these doctors.

In addition, is there any ladies who successfully conceive with such low AMH? I guess it wouldn’t hurt me to read if any women in the same situation as mine actually succeed.
You might want to consider Tan Heng Hao from Alpha too.

Hi, I am trying to conceive my #2. My #1 was through ivf in KKH and she is now 18 months. I have no more frozen embryo. Now thinking of going to NUH IVF through subsidised route. Want to find out is the queue for IVF at NUH long? Must I do IUI first before I can go IVF like what happened for me at KKHIVF. Anyone can share their recent experience at NUH as a subsidised patient?
There is no q in NUH , I m supposed to do the transfer on Jan, but due to covid n chickenpox, it had been delayed till recently. Past few month I had been in contact with the CHR in NUH, n they told me there is no Q at all. Hope this info does not come in too late for you, good luck.

1. Prof Ng of Sincere
2. Dr Yeong of Virtus
3. Prof PC Wong of NUH

Hi, I am with Prof Wong. Did 3 ivf with him. 1st is fresh transfer, bfp but lost it on week6. Went into depression n get me 2-3 years to get over n hv the courage to try again. Prof Wong suggested pgs, so I proceed to pgs for my 2nd and 3rd retrieve n only 2 embryo survived, I proceed to do frozen transfer 1 embryo n bfp, gave birth aug 21. Now I just started to frozen transfer my last pgs embryo. Hope it help you.

Hi, I am with Prof Wong. Did 3 ivf with him. 1st is fresh transfer, bfp but lost it on week6. Went into depression n get me 2-3 years to get over n hv the courage to try again. Prof Wong suggested pgs, so I proceed to pgs for my 2nd and 3rd retrieve n only 2 embryo survived, I proceed to do frozen transfer 1 embryo n bfp, gave birth aug 21. Now I just started to frozen transfer my last pgs embryo. Hope it help you.
Thank you so much
I am so glad you took the courage to try again. And congrats once again!

Hi Happy001, can I know if they show the gender of your pgs embryo? Did the report give details of abnormal embryos, i.e trisomy 21 etc? Do they allow to transfer if it is mosaic?

Hi Happy001, can I know if they show the gender of your pgs embryo? Did the report give details of abnormal embryos, i.e trisomy 21 etc? Do they allow to transfer if it is mosaic?
They will not disclose the gender to us though I believed the pgs result will shown, I think is the Singapore law that gender cannot be disclose. Only after you preg and u go for the nipt test then they will let you know the gender. No pgs report is given, just a call n say the result of the pgs. I hv 2 day5 blastocyst in the 2nd retrieve, but ohs result shown only 1 is normal and 1 is mosaic, and mosaic is not allowed to transfer , can only b discarded. So the normal one turned out to be my aug21 baby. My 3rd retrieve also turned out to have 1 day5 and 1 day6 blastocyst, and send to pgs , result shown also 1 normal and 1 mosaic.
Pgs cost is not cheap n only blastocyst can be send to pgs testing so we need to prepare we might ended up no blastocyst to send for pgs. And even there r blastocyst to send for pgs, might also ended up all is not normal. So we hv to be mentally and financially prepare that might ended up nothing .
But that time , I made up my mind that if money can resolve my mentally stress , I am willing to trade in. Cos the loss in mc really can makes one go into depression. I knew I cannot take it so I rather choose the lather and know beforehand and discard rather than my body and mind give me hope but crashed overnight.

Thanks. May I know your age back then and reason Dr recommend pgs? I heard that mosaic can actually turned out good baby, don't know why they didn't allow transfer, is it just SG hospital?

Thanks. May I know your age back then and reason Dr recommend pgs? I heard that mosaic can actually turned out good baby, don't know why they didn't allow transfer, is it just SG hospital?
I am v old Liao , I m 44 this year. My first transfer ended up mc, so doc said I eligible for pgs, after thinking thru and discuss with my hubby, we decided to go ahead with the pgs. I think is SG don’t allow to transfer mosaic, but I also don’t wanna take the risk too.
You can discuss with you family and see which work better for you, cos end of the day is your body and your mentally health which matter.

1. Prof Ng of Sincere
2. Dr Yeong of Virtus
3. Prof PC Wong of NUH

As towkayneo has mentioned, u can also consider Tan HH from alpha. I also will recommend Roland Chieng from virtus.

If financially you do not need the govt funding, then u can consider pte. Just my 2 cents worth

May i ask, if anyone is going through the 3rd fresh cycle? Needed some advise, thanks!!

How long did u all rest before the 3rd cycle?
And any change of doctor and protocols?

My 1st fresh cycle (Age 38): 6 matured, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 Day 3.
Failed, with no frozen.

My 2nd fresh cycle (Age 38 going 39) Similar protocols but increased stimms.
8 matured, 6 fertilized, transferred 3 Day 3. Failed, with no frozen.

Hi. Anyone under Prof Wong for FET? I was given crinone gel 90mg only once daily, and progynova after the FET. Not sure if it's sufficient to support implantation? I read in the forum many were prescribed the gel twice daily, and even with oral progesterone.

Hi. Anyone under Prof Wong for FET? I was given crinone gel 90mg only once daily, and progynova after the FET. Not sure if it's sufficient to support implantation? I read in the forum many were prescribed the gel twice daily, and even with oral progesterone.
perhaps if you are unsure, you can always clear your doubt with him?

Can I ask for IVF in NUH, how many days of HL is given after ER? What is stated on the HL? Is it fertility centre or would it state that it is for IVF or ART?

This my first cycle IVF
Secondary infertility and after 6IUI i am now on 2nd round of IVF
Day 6 blasto
Today day 10 blood test
Beta hcg is 9 :(
They asked me to continue meds and come back again on monday.
I have normal cramping.
What are my chances for BFP?

This my first cycle IVF
Secondary infertility and after 6IUI i am now on 2nd round of IVF
Day 6 blasto
Today day 10 blood test
Beta hcg is 9 :(
They asked me to continue meds and come back again on monday.
I have normal cramping.
What are my chances for BFP?
so long as it doubles up every day, there is a good chance. we will have to see the HcG on Monday before deciding. Keep having positive thoughts!

I was given the same prescription as you the last time and got a bfp. Don't worry. Good luck!

Hi everyone. I just got diagnosed with a missed miscarriage at 8w. Did anyone have d&c the second time and still can conceive with healthy baby after that? Any good doctor who can do d&c at low risk, not leaving scar tissue? Prof Wong at nuh refer me to another doctor also at nuh but I'm not sure if they are good.

Hi everyone. I just got diagnosed with a missed miscarriage at 8w. Did anyone have d&c the second time and still can conceive with healthy baby after that? Any good doctor who can do d&c at low risk, not leaving scar tissue? Prof Wong at nuh refer me to another doctor also at nuh but I'm not sure if they are good.
I’ve pm you

u can use medicine to expel if u dun wanna leave scar tissue

Hi Ladies, may I check if anyone has changed doctors in KKH and can share the process or experience?

May I understand your experiences on what is the process like for natural IVF and if successful?

Background: I am on subsidy via polyclinic and had 2 cancelled IVF cycles due to no follicles growth. With low AMH and high FSH, current dr proposing natural ivf or egg donor. I'm not sure if I should switch doctors in KKH to seek 2nd opinion (will it make a difference), do natural IVF with current dr as last attempt...

Thanks all in advance for your sharing...

hi, did you all tell ur boss/colleagues you doing ivf? I was wondering what excuse to give for the 2 week mc?
For me I just told them I am going for a surgery and they sort of auto relate it to female problems like cyst or polyp removal.

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

Hi Ladies, may I check if anyone has changed doctors in KKH and can share the process or experience?

May I understand your experiences on what is the process like for natural IVF and if successful?

Background: I am on subsidy via polyclinic and had 2 cancelled IVF cycles due to no follicles growth. With low AMH and high FSH, current dr proposing natural ivf or egg donor. I'm not sure if I should switch doctors in KKH to seek 2nd opinion (will it make a difference), do natural IVF with current dr as last attempt...

Thanks all in advance for your sharing...
I did change docs and the process is relatively starightforward. Just pay S$100-150 for admin fee and that's it. I'm on private route back then.

Hi ladies, any recommendations for lady fertility specialists?

In addition, as virtus clinic seems to be highly recommended, any experience to share with Dr Motoko Yeo or Dr Shakina Rauff or Dr Kelly Loi?

Thank you.

Hi ladies, any recommendations for lady fertility specialists?

In addition, as virtus clinic seems to be highly recommended, any experience to share with Dr Motoko Yeo or Dr Shakina Rauff or Dr Kelly Loi?

Thank you.
If you are currently in KKH, you can consider Dr Liu Shu Ling. Personally I think she's a gem. Very detailed doc who keeps an open mind to ideas that can enhance your chances. She did my ER, ET and OBYN to delivery. I have nothing but praises for her.

Hi Ladies,
Im back again! This is my 3rd fresh cycle I’m doing and it’s gonna be my last cycle.

I have successfully conceived from my 1st frozen. But failed on my 2nd frozen & 2nd fresh cycle.
I underestimated myself and thought I wouldn’t go through again if I failed, but end up I just keep trying cos my first born wanted a sibling.
So today is my 3rd day of injection & and I’m gg back for review next week, if all is fine then I’ll proceed with my ER.
The nurse was quite shocked that I actually did my injection quite fast when I self injected myself after my scan and my hubby was telling me that he feel heart pain for me when he saw that I self -injected myself (he didn’t get the chance to see the way I self-inject myself everytime).
Hopefully everything goes well and I can graduate from IVF soon.
Im not going to take any HL or MC as I have taken HL this year and last year for my IVF cycle, so probably I’m just gonna take 3 days of Annual Leave to rest .
And also after this ER , I gonna rest till early next year before I do my frozen cycle so that I can give myself ample time to rest before I embark to the next cycle of my IVF.
Jia you everyone !

Back