IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ladies, my first cycle (fresh) I extracted 15eggs and only one managed to get one blast. Starting second cycle tomorrow and doc will give higher dose to see if we can yield more blast. Doc says most likely will be frozen cycle due to OHSS but in the event I can manage to ask for fresh, should I trf one or two?

throughout my 5 years ivf journey, I went forvarious tests from KKH to private, all except hormones test which I find that it’s like opening a can of worms but might not be get the real cause of infertility. All results came back with good results, no issues. I guess the biggest challenge is unknown infertility which you do not know where the problem lies.

extraction went well… husband sperms were ok. Managed to get good quality blastocysts (maybe 20+ over till date). But we could not get past the implantation. None of the transfers had implantation at all. Except for the recent one

May I check how many times did you transferred?
I had the similar issue. Our results from kkh and private were fine and the biggest challenge is unknown infertility.

Last edited:
Hi ladies, my first cycle (fresh) I extracted 15eggs and only one managed to get one blast. Starting second cycle tomorrow and doc will give higher dose to see if we can yield more blast. Doc says most likely will be frozen cycle due to OHSS but in the event I can manage to ask for fresh, should I trf one or two?
This is a million dollar question which has no answer to it.

Ask yourself if you're prepared to bear the risks and cost of having twins? If yes go ahead with 2. If not then go for 1.
But If chose 1 and failed, will you blame yourself for choosing 1? If yes, then go for 2, if no, then go for 1.

That's how I decide.. haha

This is a million dollar question which has no answer to it.

Ask yourself if you're prepared to bear the risks and cost of having twins? If yes go ahead with 2. If not then go for 1.
But If chose 1 and failed, will you blame yourself for choosing 1? If yes, then go for 2, if no, then go for 1.

That's how I decide.. haha
Yes nobody has answer for it except yourself. Just had my ER. Now I oso want to start thinking of this question. Haha...

what dose are you currently on now?

can i ask which clinic and would you recommend?
I'm currently at Alpha under Dr TanHH. Was his patient last time in KKH. My first fresh which was day2 embryo and first FET which was day 5 blast was successfully under him. I went to see him after seeing forum tat he has miracle hands. And really he has! After tat, he left KKH and I tried two more fresh but none succeeded under another doctor at KKH. So went to him at his clinic at Alpha. My las try! I think he knows it too. Haha. So far the experiences were gd. Dr Tan is really a very nice doctor! Like when I went for ER he will keep asking me not to be nervous etc. Other doctors tat I have seen are not as empathy as him... haha. Just the price is ex compared to public hospital. Haha. Now waiting for the results of my embryos...

I'm currently at Alpha under Dr TanHH. Was his patient last time in KKH. My first fresh which was day2 embryo and first FET which was day 5 blast was successfully under him. I went to see him after seeing forum tat he has miracle hands. And really he has! After tat, he left KKH and I tried two more fresh but none succeeded under another doctor at KKH. So went to him at his clinic at Alpha. My las try! I think he knows it too. Haha. So far the experiences were gd. Dr Tan is really a very nice doctor! Like when I went for ER he will keep asking me not to be nervous etc. Other doctors tat I have seen are not as empathy as him... haha. Just the price is ex compared to public hospital. Haha. Now waiting for the results of my embryos...
All the best to you!
i’m surprised when you did at KKH under him, they would be able to transfer Day2 embryo?
thought they will want to grow to D5

Ladies, at which point in time do you decide to go private? besides having exhausted government subsidies. I’ve done 1IUI and 1IVF under subsidy so far, am considering private for better care (hopefully better outcome) and i’m not young anymore

All the best to you!
i’m surprised when you did at KKH under him, they would be able to transfer Day2 embryo?
thought they will want to grow to D5
Tat was very long time ago. Year 2014 which they still transfer embryos. After which my 2nd and 3rd cycle they switch to culturing to blastocyst instead. Ya I'm so happy that the Day 2 embryo still manage to become blastocyst inside me and stick and now become my beautiful daughter.

can i ask which clinic and would you recommend?
I'm with Dr Roland Chieng. I did so-iui under SF Loh b4 but don't really have affinity with him. After that went to NUH for IVF

After I used up all the govt grants at NUH, I went to Dr Roland. Did 2 fresh cycles with him already.

He's not the cheapest I think, but I'm comfortable with him.

Ladies, at which point in time do you decide to go private? besides having exhausted government subsidies. I’ve done 1IUI and 1IVF under subsidy so far, am considering private for better care (hopefully better outcome) and i’m not young anymore
I think almost exhausted the govt subsidies is one of the major decision to move the private. Another one is the multiple failures with the doctor which causes me to lose hope on the Doc. Decided to go to Alpha hearing the new technologies it has. And also my fav doctor is there. At private, is quite diff like in KKH. Even the Ultrasounds are done by the doctor. And doctor can reduce or increase the dosage after the scan. Like mine, started off with higher dosage and switch to lower dosage midway. Rather than in KKH, u only get to see the doc at ER and ET. The dosages are also not really change midway. I don't know whether there is any communication btw the rotating reviewing doctors and our main doctor actually.
So decided to give private a chance. And surprising Dr Tan still rmb me from KKH...

I think almost exhausted the govt subsidies is one of the major decision to move the private. Another one is the multiple failures with the doctor which causes me to lose hope on the Doc. Decided to go to Alpha hearing the new technologies it has. And also my fav doctor is there. At private, is quite diff like in KKH. Even the Ultrasounds are done by the doctor. And doctor can reduce or increase the dosage after the scan. Like mine, started off with higher dosage and switch to lower dosage midway. Rather than in KKH, u only get to see the doc at ER and ET. The dosages are also not really change midway. I don't know whether there is any communication btw the rotating reviewing doctors and our main doctor actually.
So decided to give private a chance. And surprising Dr Tan still rmb me from KKH...
Does Alpha prep you with supplements before the start of yr ivf or ownself have to take? Do they monitor the progesterone level after the embryo transfer?

Does Alpha prep you with supplements before the start of yr ivf or ownself have to take? Do they monitor the progesterone level after the embryo transfer?
Nope. I jus took my own supplements. I haven go embryo transfer yet so can't comment on the progesterone lv. I just did until ER only.

Thank u. I hope so too.

Ic. Is urs quite high.. is tat the same mixture as ur 1st cycle? Doc nv change mixture?

I was oso given this mixture at 175gonal F +150 menopur. But halfway lower to 225 menopur only cos I responded to much to the initial mixture
yes mine is the max dosage according to kkh. coming 2nd cycle they also giving this, not changing.

your dosage given by Alpha?

yes mine is the max dosage according to kkh. coming 2nd cycle they also giving this, not changing.

your dosage given by Alpha?
Yes tat is my dosage for Alpha. Cos my 2nd and 3rd failure cycles are all single medicine of either gonad F or menopur only. So this time is mixture.

Actually if failed shld try out other combination eh? Cos hor. I went for 4 times fresh all diff combination.

Yes tat is my dosage for Alpha. Cos my 2nd and 3rd failure cycles are all single medicine of either gonad F or menopur only. So this time is mixture.

Actually if failed shld try out other combination eh? Cos hor. I went for 4 times fresh all diff combination.
i don’t know leh. i did ask my doc and she said it’s more or less the same medicines, just different brands.. it’s really trial and error leh, but of course we want to do as few cycles as possible to succeed

i don’t know leh. i did ask my doc and she said it’s more or less the same medicines, just different brands.. it’s really trial and error leh, but of course we want to do as few cycles as possible to succeed
Icic. Maybe hor. Wish u gd luck ya. Previously round how many blast did u get?

Does private clinics give hospitalization leave?

By the way if fail a few times, doc never suggest do those immunological tests or endoscratch?

Hi guys... just seen my gynae for the MC... he say uterus all cleared and gave me letrozole to try for 3 months, but i have ivf scheduled in Nov, so perhaps can only try for 1 cycle. I tried clomid before and it gives me alot of issues like being dry during impt days and cramps and painful menses. Im not sure if letrozole will have the same issue. Anyone tried that before? the next fresh i think i'll put 2 blast to maximise chance.

I switched to private (Alpha) after failing 2 IVF cycles (2 retrievals and 2 transfers) and 1 SO-IUI at KK. Even though I had not finished all my govt subsidy, I realised the KK protocol was not working for me. Agewise I was already 37. I considered switching to SGH so I can benefit from the grants, but didn't like the doctor and experience there. At least I still had balance Medisave to offset my 3rd retrieval cycle done at Alpha.

I must say that compared to KK, Alpha has better lab technology and Dr Tan is very skillful and experienced. Its worth the price. He changed my entire protocol for ER jabs and FET. After failing so many times before, finally I got my bfp under Dr Tan and currently 13 weeks.

I switched to private (Alpha) after failing 2 IVF cycles (2 retrievals and 2 transfers) and 1 SO-IUI at KK. Even though I had not finished all my govt subsidy, I realised the KK protocol was not working for me. Agewise I was already 37. I considered switching to SGH so I can benefit from the grants, but didn't like the doctor and experience there. At least I still had balance Medisave to offset my 3rd retrieval cycle done at Alpha.

I must say that compared to KK, Alpha has better lab technology and Dr Tan is very skillful and experienced. Its worth the price. He changed my entire protocol for ER jabs and FET. After failing so many times before, finally I got my bfp under Dr Tan and currently 13 weeks.
Congrats again! Ya mine was oso entirely diff from kkh protocols. Even the trigger jabs were diff. Dun really know the reason though. Now I'm waiting for the results of the embryos tmr when I'm gg to see him. Are u still seeing him as ur OB? Cos I see there is no package till later part of pregnancy.

Hi guys... just seen my gynae for the MC... he say uterus all cleared and gave me letrozole to try for 3 months, but i have ivf scheduled in Nov, so perhaps can only try for 1 cycle. I tried clomid before and it gives me alot of issues like being dry during impt days and cramps and painful menses. Im not sure if letrozole will have the same issue. Anyone tried that before? the next fresh i think i'll put 2 blast to maximise chance.
I tried letrozole for a few months it’s fine for me.
clomid gives me bad side effects like the menses will goeven messier than itoriginal was. Also the cramp was so bad!

Hi

Congrats! May I know what stims were you put in kkh that didnt work? And what worked in the end? I'm with kkh and failed 2 cycles, thinking if I should go private also.

Congrats again! Ya mine was oso entirely diff from kkh protocols. Even the trigger jabs were diff. Dun really know the reason though. Now I'm waiting for the results of the embryos tmr when I'm gg to see him. Are u still seeing him as ur OB? Cos I see there is no package till later part of pregnancy.
Thank you! Wishing you good luck for your embryos. Yup I am seeing him as my OB now. I like him a lot, he always puts me at ease. So I prefer sticking with him instead of finding another OB.

Hi

Congrats! May I know what stims were you put in kkh that didnt work? And what worked in the end? I'm with kkh and failed 2 cycles, thinking if I should go private also.
I was on puregon and menopur in KKH but at Alpha, Dr Tan switched me to gonal-f and menopur. I cannot recall the exact dosage now, but I remember my dosage at Alpha was less than at my KK 2nd IVF cycle. Due to lower dosage, I had a longer stim period (13 days) at Alpha, whereas at KKH the stim period was not longer than 10 days. I also had 2 trigger jabs at Alpha, unlike at KK.

I think its good to seek second opinion from other doctors before deciding whether to stick with KKH, or choosing which private doctor. Before deciding with Alpha, I went to SGH to get a second opinion too.

I was on puregon and menopur in KKH but at Alpha, Dr Tan switched me to gonal-f and menopur. I cannot recall the exact dosage now, but I remember my dosage at Alpha was less than at my KK 2nd IVF cycle. Due to lower dosage, I had a longer stim period (13 days) at Alpha, whereas at KKH the stim period was not longer than 10 days. I also had 2 trigger jabs at Alpha, unlike at KK.

I think its good to seek second opinion from other doctors before deciding whether to stick with KKH, or choosing which private doctor. Before deciding with Alpha, I went to SGH to get a second opinion too.
Thanks this is very helpful!

Same my oso have two trigger shots at Alpha. Not sure the reason. Haha. KkH always one only.

Thank you! Wishing you good luck for your embryos. Yup I am seeing him as my OB now. I like him a lot, he always puts me at ease. So I prefer sticking with him instead of finding another OB.
Ya same. He is always very assuring. I regretted not sticking him to be my OB las time. He is far better than my previous OB...

I was on puregon and menopur in KKH but at Alpha, Dr Tan switched me to gonal-f and menopur. I cannot recall the exact dosage now, but I remember my dosage at Alpha was less than at my KK 2nd IVF cycle. Due to lower dosage, I had a longer stim
Same my oso have two trigger shots at Alpha. Not sure the reason. Haha. KkH always one only.
When u all mean 2 trigger shots is 2 sticks of Ovidrel?

Back