IVF/ICSI Support Group

Be positive, don't be sad. I had 15 and out of that only 1 was normally fertilized. I had to freeze it due to high progesterone and do a FET instead. I decided to be positive and here I am with my 9mth old little boy! Be positive. Watch comedies etc and distract yourself. Have sofarest for a couple of days and then go shopping etc. :)
Sofa rest sounds good! Time off from household chores like cooking washin dishes i guess...

Thanks alot.. And so i assume the Mc will have the imprint of its clinic logo statin fertility tingy....there it goes...all coleague will knw what im goin thru but hack care la now...chasin dream more impt...hehehehehh

U going virtus? Thought u going to do your FET soon?

I just went to dr Roland Chieng's clinic for a first consult but I took a slot close to lunchtime so didn't ask for mc. Need to go to virtus for Counselling as intend to transfer my only blast left at kk for frozen transfer under Dr Chieng.
Guess u can try to call the clinic before hand to Chk if they can give mc.

Anyone succeeded under Roland before can pm me pls..also wanna understand the charges.
He quoted me 4-5k for medicated fET and 20k for fresh..kinda steep ?

Who was your doc at KKH?

Who was your doc at KKH?
THH. I thk My fertilised embryos prob weren't gd enough quality so they just decided not to stick. Could also be because my transfers were tougher than usual so caused some trauma. Whatever the case, decided to try private and told the doc my history and that I prob need a mock transfer.

THH. I thk My fertilised embryos prob weren't gd enough quality so they just decided not to stick. Could also be because my transfers were tougher than usual so caused some trauma. Whatever the case, decided to try private and told the doc my history and that I prob need a mock transfer.

Not sure how good is doc Roland technique in transfer.. but after orientation with virtus, what is different between them and govt hosp seems to be the way they select the sperm.. but the stats they gave in terms of fertilisation rate and make it to blast is 50%, like almost similar to govt hosp

I just went to dr Roland Chieng's clinic for a first consult but I took a slot close to lunchtime so didn't ask for mc. Need to go to virtus for Counselling as intend to transfer my only blast left at kk for frozen transfer under Dr Chieng.

Anyone succeeded under Roland before can pm me pls..also wanna understand the charges.
roland's practise n belief now is fet. the price he quoted u is about there .
my most recent cycle w him last sept/oct time frame, i wanted fresh et cos he agree tat in my record, i have not succeed w fet before but who knows i ended mild ohss n he said no to fresh et, so we waited a month later to do fet. i have 4 blasts n they thaw 2 , 1 didn't make it so they thaw the 3rd one so now i only have 1 left frozen. yes i success under roland magic again ....i m glad i listen to his advise which i always do ....i always jokingly replied him u said wat i just follow...i just want success only
main bulk of the fees is virtus charges i tik its ard 12k in total cos my hub paid for it, i never really ask him.
yes its more ex but bcos me n hub believe in roland n virtus 's team (they actually were from sincere previously n i success under them too) so we decided to follow

roland's practise n belief now is fet. the price he quoted u is about there .
my most recent cycle w him last sept/oct time frame, i wanted fresh et cos he agree tat in my record, i have not succeed w fet before but who knows i ended mild ohss n he said no to fresh et, so we waited a month later to do fet. i have 4 blasts n they thaw 2 , 1 didn't make it so they thaw the 3rd one so now i only have 1 left frozen. yes i success under roland magic again ....i m glad i listen to his advise which i always do ....i always jokingly replied him u said wat i just follow...i just want success only
main bulk of the fees is virtus charges i tik its ard 12k in total cos my hub paid for it, i never really ask him.
yes its more ex but bcos me n hub believe in roland n virtus 's team (they actually were from sincere previously n i success under them too) so we decided to follow
I see..thanks for your reply. Didn't know they were fr sincere previously. My Friend who succeeded under Dr SF Loh asked me to also consult Dr Loh too but I decided to try virtus as I was interested in the New lab facility for embryo storage.

Ya he said diff Ivf clinics practice slightly differently but just have to trust if decide to go with him. After 2 failed rounds With kk, I believe Every clinic will have Success stories but I thk my luck just isn't there and need a switch.
I now just try to think positively that it's all 50/50, luck 50 (assuming our bodies are ready) and the other 50 is doctor skills.

I just worry that subconsciously the high cost is gg to add to my stress level...hopefullly I strike w my last blast for fET. Otherwise the fresh is prob going to wipe up a huge chunk of our savings cos we aren't that well off at the moment.

May I check with u what drugs Roland put u on and what's ur AMH level?

Hi ladies.. i had FET on 23 feb using my one last frozen D3 8 cell embie. My 1st ww has cramps and all into 2nd we no symptoms at all. Today is 14dp fet no mensus no symptoms. My blood test is next monday day 18 at kkh. So scary. :(
Tested hpt yesterday and was negative. Hmm. Trying very hard not to think abt it. Does progesterone delay mensus? My last failed fresh cycle my mensus came on day 13 so didnt even hold up till the blood test. Super stress at this juncture
Its jus another 4 days more to monday! So near but yet so far.
I feel you... My transfer was on 24.... Also no symptoms yet and I have no guts to test... Come on lets be positive

Not sure how good is doc Roland technique in transfer.. but after orientation with virtus, what is different between them and govt hosp seems to be the way they select the sperm.. but the stats they gave in terms of fertilisation rate and make it to blast is 50%, like almost similar to govt hosp
I believed Dr Roland does a good job. Back in 2010, when my gynae was away for conference, Dr Roland took over to do my IUI... And it was a success. I got pregnant with twins with 1st time IUI...

I see..thanks for your reply. Didn't know they were fr sincere previously. My Friend who succeeded under Dr SF Loh asked me to also consult Dr Loh too but I decided to try virtus as I was interested in the New lab facility for embryo storage.

Ya he said diff Ivf clinics practice slightly differently but just have to trust if decide to go with him. After 2 failed rounds With kk, I believe Every clinic will have Success stories but I thk my luck just isn't there and need a switch.
I now just try to think positively that it's all 50/50, luck 50 (assuming our bodies are ready) and the other 50 is doctor skills.

I just worry that subconsciously the high cost is gg to add to my stress level...hopefullly I strike w my last blast for fET. Otherwise the fresh is prob going to wipe up a huge chunk of our savings cos we aren't that well off at the moment.

May I check with u what drugs Roland put u on and what's ur AMH level?

I believe my affinity w dr Roland .i can't Rem my amh level , all I know I can have 15-20 embryos each stimulation but to him he dun care about qty he only wants quality embryos.

Reactions: cen
I believed Dr Roland does a good job. Back in 2010, when my gynae was away for conference, Dr Roland took over to do my IUI... And it was a success. I got pregnant with twins with 1st time IUI...
Wow you have twin through him. He sound very good. Is he approachable? But ivf under him must be very expensive.

Wow you have twin through him. He sound very good. Is he approachable? But ivf under him must be very expensive.
It was just one off visit with him since my gynae was away at that point of time. But frm that just 1 visit, he is very nice gynae. Very careful person.

I also succeeded with dr Roland recently. It's my 1st try with him but 3 previous times from SGH. I really liked him coz he does customization for u, not like some other doc, they just give the same old method over and over again. I was also impressed with Virtus technology. If given a chance, I wouldn't start with SGH from the beginning, but what's over is over. I'm glad I went to Dr Roland, he has a plan for everyone.

he is a straightforward dr in my eyes, sometimes i just have to digest his true words slowly but its correct when we tik back. So far he is the first gynae my hub is comfy n open up to communicate with so we are okay with him. yup his charges is not cheap but end day my hub said we want result tat's all we are concern. he knows wat is best for me. in fact he saved my sil from ectopic pregnancy surgery last year, saving her life plus her uterus. but again, i wld said really depends on ur affinity w each dr...

one thing i feel pampered at his clinic that i am closed to couple of his assistants thru watsapp, so anything i can approach them even clinic is closed then they will contact dr roland on my behalf for advise , now tat i have moved on to another gynae cos roland dun do delivery, i feel abit lost without all these attention...lol

Ladies, can I check from your experience with your embryos getting to blasto on day 5.. how many embryos tend to make it from the numbers you have at day 2?

I have 7 embryos at day 2, embryologist suggests for a day 5 transfer. But given no updates in between, I'm little anxious whether I'll have an embryo to transfer on sun and/or any left to freeze.

Ladies, can I check from your experience with your embryos getting to blasto on day 5.. how many embryos tend to make it from the numbers you have at day 2?

I have 7 embryos at day 2, embryologist suggests for a day 5 transfer. But given no updates in between, I'm little anxious whether I'll have an embryo to transfer on sun and/or any left to freeze.

im with NUH, they update every day about my embryos every morning. if they didnt update you in the late afternoon, give them a call to check.

KKH will not update you. For mine, had 11 2days embryo blast all to day 5. On day 5, 8 made it to blast.

Depends on embryo quality and whether they can culture up to blast. For my cycle, all 4 made to blast day 5

Hi all,

I have bought the blackmores conceive well gold as recommended by many sisters from this forum.

I have difficulty in swallowing pills hence I broke it into pieces and mixed it with my ovaltine drink. Not sure if this is appropriate. The big pink tablet has a fishy smell which I puked out after crushing it and mixing it plain water.

Any sister has difficulty probably you could try to crush it and mix with sweet drinks such as milo or hot chocolate.

Any feedback on this supplement ?

Hi has anyone transfer from
Kkh to tmc before? would like to try dr SF loh for my 3rd fresh, can anyone advise on the transfer procedure? Thank you

Hi Ladies.. this is my first time posting. Just been hanging around reading up stories. I keep telling myself to stay away from these forums because its making me more unsound. I am having mixed reactions, symptoms, and different voices talking to me inside. LOL! So here goes.

Me & DH have been TTC for almost 4 years now. This is our first attempt on ART after at least 3 years of consulting private and KKH. The first diagnosis I received from a pte gynae was that one side of my tube was blocked after a HSG test. We rested quite a while and tried naturally at the same time. Until a year ago, we finally decided to give a try on SO-IUI/IVF treatments at KKH depending on my tube. Did a HSG test, found out both tubes were normal. Dr suggested to try out for SO-IUI and so we did. Started my FSH injection on day 2 of cycle, came back on day 7. Follicles were growing at 11 being the biggest( 4 were active: 2 on left and 2 on right). Went back the next 4 days consecutively with fsh injections until the Friday, 3 March. Follicles were at the optimum size 17, 16.5, 16 & 15 with 11 and triple lining and tested positive on OPK. Was also given the Ovidrel. Went ahead with the procedure on Saturday 4th March. Came in the morning with an obvious sign of mild OHSS even before the insemination. Bloated to the max and breast was sore. Doc was fully aware and went ahead with the procedure still. Nurse told to come back if i had more severe symptoms. First few days after IUI I was experiencing abdo cramps and slight discomforts. Going into the 2nd week, no improvements on the huge belly(look like im 3 mths preggy), but the symptoms are heading in the directions of AF. Typical cramps, gassy, super sore breasts, backpain(as I am typing this now). Forums and articles keep saying that OHSS are good signs if it prolongs. I dont want to have high hopes but I am feeling confused as it is.

I am on 24 days cycle. Next period is due on 17th March.(just 3 days away) BT is given only on 22nd March. Like WTH right. hahaha..

Anyway, anyone have had the same experience and symptoms? Care to share your results too?

Hi all,

I have bought the blackmores conceive well gold as recommended by many sisters from this forum.

I have difficulty in swallowing pills hence I broke it into pieces and mixed it with my ovaltine drink. Not sure if this is appropriate. The big pink tablet has a fishy smell which I puked out after crushing it and mixing it plain water.

Any sister has difficulty probably you could try to crush it and mix with sweet drinks such as milo or hot chocolate.

Any feedback on this supplement ?

Not sure if it's a good idea to mix multi vitamins with Ovaltine cos if it contains iron, you shouldn't be mixing calcium (in Ovaltine) with iron pills.

Hi Ladies.. this is my first time posting. Just been hanging around reading up stories. I keep telling myself to stay away from these forums because its making me more unsound. I am having mixed reactions, symptoms, and different voices talking to me inside. LOL! So here goes.

Me & DH have been TTC for almost 4 years now. This is our first attempt on ART after at least 3 years of consulting private and KKH. The first diagnosis I received from a pte gynae was that one side of my tube was blocked after a HSG test. We rested quite a while and tried naturally at the same time. Until a year ago, we finally decided to give a try on SO-IUI/IVF treatments at KKH depending on my tube. Did a HSG test, found out both tubes were normal. Dr suggested to try out for SO-IUI and so we did. Started my FSH injection on day 2 of cycle, came back on day 7. Follicles were growing at 11 being the biggest( 4 were active: 2 on left and 2 on right). Went back the next 4 days consecutively with fsh injections until the Friday, 3 March. Follicles were at the optimum size 17, 16.5, 16 & 15 with 11 and triple lining and tested positive on OPK. Was also given the Ovidrel. Went ahead with the procedure on Saturday 4th March. Came in the morning with an obvious sign of mild OHSS even before the insemination. Bloated to the max and breast was sore. Doc was fully aware and went ahead with the procedure still. Nurse told to come back if i had more severe symptoms. First few days after IUI I was experiencing abdo cramps and slight discomforts. Going into the 2nd week, no improvements on the huge belly(look like im 3 mths preggy), but the symptoms are heading in the directions of AF. Typical cramps, gassy, super sore breasts, backpain(as I am typing this now). Forums and articles keep saying that OHSS are good signs if it prolongs. I dont want to have high hopes but I am feeling confused as it is.

I am on 24 days cycle. Next period is due on 17th March.(just 3 days away) BT is given only on 22nd March. Like WTH right. hahaha..

Anyway, anyone have had the same experience and symptoms? Care to share your results too?

U can do hpt now. Bfp go celebrate. Bfn at least mentally prepared. But even u get bfn it's still not over till BT. BT the most accurate.

Anyone had done ivf in TMC with dr Loh before?may I know how much cash did u all fork out?

After Medisave deduction I fork out around 10k plus cash. Cost depends on the dosage given to u n the more number of embryos Price add up cos of storage fee etc.

Ifwah, may i know hw much is your bill for your injection and ur iui treatment?

Hello ladies,

I'm back cycling again. For ladies who have tried both gonal F and menopur + saizen, can I check if you experience anything different from the two types of stimulants?

Hello ladies,

I'm back cycling again. For ladies who have tried both gonal F and menopur + saizen, can I check if you experience anything different from the two types of stimulants?

My 2nd cycle is puregon + menopur
My 3rd cycle is gonal + saizen

Both cycles yield more even growth as compared to 1st cycle with just gonal F solely

Reactions: cen
U can do hpt now. Bfp go celebrate. Bfn at least mentally prepared. But even u get bfn it's still not over till BT. BT the most accurate.

Super scared to test. Like though im mentally prepared I just had enough of seeing the (-). I should just wait if AF visits or not. (cross fingers it wont). Otherwise BT it shall be.

Ifwah, may i know hw much is your bill for your injection and ur iui treatment?

Aside from the registration fee which is payable by cash, the medisave that was deducted amounted to $2055.92.

upload_2017-3-15_14-8-12.png

Wow so everything is payable by medisave inclusive of your hormones injection. That's nice to hear

Yeap but its considered a waste for a first timer as the cap for medisave grant is 6k which they say is more worthy for IVF. Nevertheless, you can have the balance of this first attempt to your 4th attempt.

My 2nd cycle is puregon + menopur
My 3rd cycle is gonal + saizen

Both cycles yield more even growth as compared to 1st cycle with just gonal F solely
Thanks jkoh! Hope menopur and saizen work out well for me. Somehow I feel more tired and a little groggy at times.

Not sure if it's a good idea to mix multi vitamins with Ovaltine cos if it contains iron, you shouldn't be mixing calcium (in Ovaltine) with iron pills.
Hi Celestialbaby i used to takr that too and find the tablet hard to swallow and it makes me gag. I am taking Garden of Life, Vitamin Code, Raw Prenatal veggie caps instead and it works for me. No more gagging.

Ok.. today went for an appt and dr thh told me that i got 3+3. He suggested transferring 2 and i was of cos in shock. I wasnt prepared on having twins. And that number didnt sound like a big number to.blast. after that dr tan say or i want to wait till day 5 and transfer 1? I had merely a minute to make that decision cos dr tan seem to be rushing somewhere.

I decided to wait for blast and fingers crossed i wont regret the decision. I mean, if blast isnt possible he wouldnt recommend that right? No idea why he did not propose transferring 1 today instead. I asked the nurse like if i made a bad decision, the nurse said that its a good thing to wait for blast and she told me the risks are low since the embryologist suggested blast. Otherwise they wont suggest. Lets hope my embbies stay strong and grow well! All 6 of them!!!!

Ok.. today went for an appt and dr thh told me that i got 3+3. He suggested transferring 2 and i was of cos in shock. I wasnt prepared on having twins. And that number didnt sound like a big number to.blast. after that dr tan say or i want to wait till day 5 and transfer 1? I had merely a minute to make that decision cos dr tan seem to be rushing somewhere.

I decided to wait for blast and fingers crossed i wont regret the decision. I mean, if blast isnt possible he wouldnt recommend that right? No idea why he did not propose transferring 1 today instead. I asked the nurse like if i made a bad decision, the nurse said that its a good thing to wait for blast and she told me the risks are low since the embryologist suggested blast. Otherwise they wont suggest. Lets hope my embbies stay strong and grow well! All 6 of them!!!!

wait for blast! blast is good! higher chance of succeed...most will trf 2 at 1 time. in case 1 decided to drop off *touchwood* i transferred 2 too...but not twins.

good luck!

Back