IVF/ICSI Support Group

hi @sharkles is the revosit prescribed by dr? I also hv pcos so curious to know where to get it too. currently taking maca, ubiqunoil and folic acid separately.

Yea, when i was seeing Dr loh, he gave me revosit. But i think you can buy it from certain pharmancies. Is Maca good? I am taking folic acid and revosit, trying to take it regularly.

I just saw Dr Tan Siew Buoy last week and started taking her TCM medication.

I am going for my anesthetics appointment this Thursday. I am suppose to also take blood test before my briefing in Jan? I am with KKH so i can just go to the clinic and ask to take blood test?

The last time i saw Dr THH, i was given prescription for a medication to force my period to come. I only took 2 cycle, if i cannot find my prescription, will KKH still have my record ah? I still need to take 2 more cycle.

Yea, when i was seeing Dr loh, he gave me revosit. But i think you can buy it from certain pharmancies. Is Maca good? I am taking folic acid and revosit, trying to take it regularly.

I have just started on maca and ubiquinol about 2 month but been slightly anemic for 2 weeks so I stopped temporarily until my anemia is diagnosed, still waiting. I checked the side effects of these online, none relate to anemia.

I have just started on maca and ubiquinol about 2 month but been slightly anemic for 2 weeks so I stopped temporarily until my anemia is diagnosed, still waiting. I checked the side effects of these online, none relate to anemia.
Hope you feel better! where did you get your maca from?

Hi all.. started my first day of Stims today. Starting with 3 injections already :confused: Went quite well as hubby was around to jab for me. I can't bring myself to poke so have to depend on him for now.

How are my cycle buddies doing?
Is there an option to go down to KK daily to be jabbed?

Hi sister , dun give up, I only start my first session 1 day after ER as I only notice got such thing after ER when I read this forum. For my case, injection 2 days before ET , next session will be 7 days after ET, will see how it goes first .
Hi Sister, thanks for ur encouragement and hope ur ET went well today. How many did u transfer and was it day 3 or day5?

I jus did my ER and is slightly disappointed as the number retrieved was only 6. (last cycle retrieved 10 only 5 mature). Now just Hoping all 6 are mature and get fertilised. Will b likely doing day 3 transfer on Wednesday since quantity isn't high.

Mind if I ask what drugs and dosage u were on? I was on 150iu gonal f 1st cycle and 225iu menopur this 2nd cycle. At the last scan on fri had a total of 17 follicles (6 smaller than 10mm and 11 at least 11mm) so was a bit puzzled why Dr Tan only managed to retrieve 6 tdy.

Hi Sister, thanks for ur encouragement and hope ur ET went well today. How many did u transfer and was it day 3 or day5?

I jus did my ER and is slightly disappointed as the number retrieved was only 6. (last cycle retrieved 10 only 5 mature). Now just Hoping all 6 are mature and get fertilised. Will b likely doing day 3 transfer on Wednesday since quantity isn't high.

Mind if I ask what drugs and dosage u were on? I was on 150iu gonal f 1st cycle and 225iu menopur this 2nd cycle. At the last scan on fri had a total of 17 follicles (6 smaller than 10mm and 11 at least 11mm) so was a bit puzzled why Dr Tan only managed to retrieve 6 tdy.
Hi sister , I am still waiting , dun noe how many fertilized yet , you are luckier than me, last scan showed I have 6 follicles, but only 4 eggs retrieved , I think maybe not every follicle got egg or maybe the size too small , that is why doctor not retrieved , you may need to ask doctor when you see doctor next round. I have same menopour and gonal dosage as u, plus 10 unit of lucrin as I was on long protocol , this is my 3rd fresh cycle. Pray hard for all of us. Got sister even though 1 egg retrieved , still can strike. Dun give up .

sharkles,
Your TCM herbs which Dr sb tan prescribe is 2X/week too ?

Anyone knows if KKH can freeze day 3 embryos straightaway instead of waiting to see if they survive to become day 5 blastocysts? A Friend who goes to dr SF Loh said her embryos were all frozen at day 3 so that u don't waste them as some will die fr day 3 to 5.

Anyone knows if KKH can freeze day 3 embryos straightaway instead of waiting to see if they survive to become day 5 blastocysts? A Friend who goes to dr SF Loh said her embryos were all frozen at day 3 so that u don't waste them as some will die fr day 3 to 5.
yes u can. although logically, if they cannot survive, they cannot survive whether it's day 3 to 5, defrosting, etc.

Hi dear..i did not have a good no matured too..only 4 ..by my last scan i had 9 potential..i was on gonal f n then switched to menopur..my dosages were between 300-262.5.
I asked my doc wat happened to the rest, he said the rest did not catch up to mature..only thing my fertilization rates were good..i have 2 frozen as i could not do a ET.
It all boils down to quality & only 1 is needed..dun lose hope!

Hi dear all brave sisters,

I've finally been blessed by the good Lord with a BFP, and although it's something that I am not openly sharing yet (due to the fact that I'm being cautiously optimistic), I would like to share with all the brave gals who are trying so that they can have hope and continue to be brave...

My first fresh ivf was not successful (yielded a chemical pregnancy) and I was pretty devastated as my stats then were quite good (good quality embroys) and I was in pretty good shape (no OHSS)

My FET following that came as a BFN even though I was doing accupunture and undergoing Tcm... :(

As I was planning to go for the next fresh cycle in 3-4months times, I decided to buck up by changing some of my lifestyle habits. I switched to eating organic food whenever I could, I went to the gym or went for long walks more often, I took loads of supplements so that I would produce better quality eggs (royal jelly, fish oil, blackmores conceive well gold supplements, Coq10, folic acid)

3 months later just before I was cycling for my second fresh, I went to see Dr THH for the endoscratch procedure. I also went to see Dr CT Yeong (tow yung clinic) to have a session of intralipids.

I had also discussed with Dr tan to transfer blastocysts as these would have a higher chance of implantation.

During my ER, I suffered from mild OHSS and was worried that I would not be able to do the ET that same cycle, but my blood test cleared me for ET. I was quite bloated but thankfully it went down just in time for my D5 blastie transfer. Also thankfully, my blasties made it to grade A and B and Dr tan implanted 2 of them. I watched lots of Russell Peters before and after the ET as there is some evidence that laughing after the procedure helps with implantation! lol...

After my ET, I immediately went to see Dr Yeong for another session of intralipids. Dr Yeong also gave me proluton injections (for additional womb support) and prescribed me with baby asprin which is supposed to aid implantation by reducing any inflammation that may occur in the womb.

Following that for the next week or so, I tried my best to eat a fertility diet (read up on the avocado diet) which includes chickpeas, salmon and cod fish, one avocado a day, kidney beans, spinach etc

I was feeling great until my 5th day post transfer,when I started to feel very bloated.

At that point in time, I did not realise it was late onset of OHSS and I thought it was my crinone gel causing it. I tried to tolerate it but after the 6th day of being severely bloated, I couldn't take it anymore and suspected severe OHSS.

I was admitted into hospital and Dr Tan scheduled me to do a paracentesis. I had like 3-4litres of fluid which had accumulated in my abdominal cavities and I was feeling absolutely terrible, I looked 6 months pregnant!!! i was unable to eat, sleep, sit or walk :( :( it's not something I would wish on my worst enemy

Although the paracentesis was painful, it was worth the pain as the relief thereafter was so welcomed by my poor tummy.

The silver lining was that blood tests have confirmed my BFP and Dr tan was telling me that late onset of OHSS is usually due to pregnancy. although I have been suffering much the past week, I would go through all of it again just for the BFP. I only thing I would do differently is to seek help earlier to manage the OHSS, no point being a hero as your body will not thank u for it.

The level of care at KKH has been great so far and i'm looking forward to being discharged soon so I can recuperate at home and be ready for the next stage of the pregnancy.

Sorry for the long post but I thought it would be nice to share this since this is a lonely journey and there are not many gals u can talk to for support and encouragement.

Jia you everyone!!! baby dust to everyone!
Congrats and thanks for sharing this.

I had failed fet 2 months ago, and im taking a rest till maybe after CNY then start fresh cycle again. I see that during your 3 months break, you changed your lifestyle. Can you share more about what you did? Did you exercise everyday even after ovulation? And what supplements did you take?

Hi dear..i did not have a good no matured too..only 4 ..by my last scan i had 9 potential..i was on gonal f n then switched to menopur..my dosages were between 300-262.5.
I asked my doc wat happened to the rest, he said the rest did not catch up to mature..only thing my fertilization rates were good..i have 2 frozen as i could not do a ET.
It all boils down to quality & only 1 is needed..dun lose hope!
Thanks wedelia! U succeeded with ur 2 frosties? Are u with Kk too? Ya egg quality is more impt and hope This round is better than the last. The last I transferred 2 embryos at day 3 (but grade 3 only) and they didn't make it and left w 1 frostie.

Thanks wedelia! U succeeded with ur 2 frosties? Are u with Kk too? Ya egg quality is more impt and hope This round is better than the last. The last I transferred 2 embryos at day 3 (but grade 3 only) and they didn't make it and left w 1 frostie.

No i just completed my first fresh this mth.trf will be in jan..im with NUH..

No i just completed my first fresh this mth.trf will be in jan..im with NUH..
I see..all the best to us! I will be working during my 2ww as don't intend to inform my boss I'm doing this as I alrdy took the Long HL during my 1st cycle. Hope the work isn't too stressful next 2 weeks.

Congrats and thanks for sharing this.

I had failed fet 2 months ago, and im taking a rest till maybe after CNY then start fresh cycle again. I see that during your 3 months break, you changed your lifestyle. Can you share more about what you did? Did you exercise everyday even after ovulation? And what supplements did you take?

Hi gal,

Sorry to hear about your failed FET... after my failed FET, I made a few fundamental changes to my diet. I ate mostly home-cooked meals and ate organic food whenever I could. I tried to abstain from processed food (sausages, luncheon meat, ham).

I went to the gym or for jogs in the park at least 3 times a week. The only time I stopped exercising was during my ER and ET and my 2ww.

The supplements I took to improve my egg quality were: fish oil, royal jelly, prenatal vitamins from blackmores conceive gold, vitamin D, folic acid and Coq10

I made some changes to my fresh ivf protocol: endoscratch just before commencing my fresh cycle, getting Dr tan to transfer blastocyst rather than D3 embryos, going for intralipids at a private clinic, taking baby asprin and getting proluton shots just after the ET.

I did not go for accupunture or undergo TCM for this fresh cycle.

I also prayed daily for strength and courage, because quite frankly, ivf takes a toll on you....

I'm not sure which of the above that I did helped specifically but I hope that by sharing, it'll give you fresh hope for your next cycle!

Hi gal,

Sorry to hear about your failed FET... after my failed FET, I made a few fundamental changes to my diet. I ate mostly home-cooked meals and ate organic food whenever I could. I tried to abstain from processed food (sausages, luncheon meat, ham).

I went to the gym or for jogs in the park at least 3 times a week. The only time I stopped exercising was during my ER and ET and my 2ww.

The supplements I took to improve my egg quality were: fish oil, royal jelly, prenatal vitamins from blackmores conceive gold, vitamin D, folic acid and Coq10

I made some changes to my fresh ivf protocol: endoscratch just before commencing my fresh cycle, getting Dr tan to transfer blastocyst rather than D3 embryos, going for intralipids at a private clinic, taking baby asprin and getting proluton shots just after the ET.

I also prayed daily for strength and courage, because quite frankly, ivf takes a toll on you....

I'm not sure which of the above that I did helped specifically but I hope that by sharing, it'll give you fresh hope for your next cycle!
Hi sister , do you mind to tell how old are you this year ? I did most of things same as u this round , the difference is I just started intralipid this round,
Not sure if due to age , my egg qty and and qty all drop compare to last fresh cycle which is 2 yrs before , my last fresh cycle was in mar this year , I retrieved 8 eggs and only 5 fertilized , this round 4 retrieved and 2 fertilized only. Just dun understand what so many difference in the same year . My diet is same and took prenatal vitamins too plus Coq10, seems all take effect on me. Now in 2ww , just did intralipid infusion 2 days ago , but DR yeong never mention proluton shot and baby asprin leh. Does this two help for implantation too ?

Hi sister , do you mind to tell how old are you this year ? I did most of things same as u this round , the difference is I just started intralipid this round,
Not sure if due to age , my egg qty and and qty all drop compare to last fresh cycle which is 2 yrs before , my last fresh cycle was in mar this year , I retrieved 8 eggs and only 5 fertilized , this round 4 retrieved and 2 fertilized only. Just dun understand what so many difference in the same year . My diet is same and took prenatal vitamins too plus Coq10, seems all take effect on me. Now in 2ww , just did intralipid infusion 2 days ago , but DR yeong never mention proluton shot and baby asprin leh. Does this two help for implantation too ?

Hi Winniewiniepooh, I'm already 36 years old, which is definitely a disadvantage for me for ivf.

I forgot to add that I also quit my job to do this, hence I have more time to look after my health whilst undergoing my fresh cycle.

I'm not really sure the reason for the reduced number of eggs in your case, but like most of the gals here, I believe egg quality is more important than quantity. Although I yielded 18 eggs for this fresh cycle, I ended up only with 4 blastocysts. fortunately they were all good quality ones which probably helped in my BFP.

As for the baby asprin and proluton shots, perhaps you can ask Dr Yeong about it? did he give you his hp number so you can watsapp him? if not, don't be shy to call the clinic and ask about these 2. especially the baby asprin, I read that it's important in helping to improve blood flow (by reducing inflammation to the womb)

Hi gal,

Hi sister,

thanks for sharing. I will start exercising, since that is the only thing i havent been doing.
May i know how many eggs did you retrieved and how many fertilised?
My last round of fresh cycle, 12 retrieved but only 3 made it to D3...

Hi sister,

thanks for sharing. I will start exercising, since that is the only thing i havent been doing.
May i know how many eggs did you retrieved and how many fertilised?
My last round of fresh cycle, 12 retrieved but only 3 made it to D3...

Hi gal, I actually didn't have alot of eggs being retrieved either. Only 18 eggs and 4 made it to good quality blastocysts. but as long as you have that one magic egg that makes it, it's all you need for BFP

All the best and good luck!

Hi gal, I actually didn't have alot of eggs being retrieved either. Only 18 eggs and 4 made it to good quality blastocysts. but as long as you have that one magic egg that makes it, it's all you need for BFP

All the best and good luck!
thats true! we only need 1 magic egg.
Since im not planning to start my fresh until after CNY, do you think i should visit Dr Yeong now or later?

thats true! we only need 1 magic egg.
Since im not planning to start my fresh until after CNY, do you think i should visit Dr Yeong now or later?

Hmmm, I think no harm visiting him now first. He will ask for your background and perhaps he will be able to give you a fresh perspective on what can be done better. After all, preparation work is important for ivf (ie the things you eat, your lifestyle, supplements etc) and you will have 2 months to prep your body so that it will have better results for next round

Hi Winniewiniepooh, I'm already 36 years old, which is definitely a disadvantage for me for ivf.

I forgot to add that I also quit my job to do this, hence I have more time to look after my health whilst undergoing my fresh cycle.

I'm not really sure the reason for the reduced number of eggs in your case, but like most of the gals here, I believe egg quality is more important than quantity. Although I yielded 18 eggs for this fresh cycle, I ended up only with 4 blastocysts. fortunately they were all good quality ones which probably helped in my BFP.

As for the baby asprin and proluton shots, perhaps you can ask Dr Yeong about it? did he give you his hp number so you can watsapp him? if not, don't be shy to call the clinic and ask about these 2. especially the baby asprin, I read that it's important in helping to improve blood flow (by reducing inflammation to the womb)
Hi sister , that day when I visit him , he said gave me his Hp no deh, but after that he rush out for operation then I also forgot to ask the nurse , do you have his Hp no ? Can PMme ?

Hi sister , may I know is this ur 2nd fresh cycle ? I am 36 years old too, I have tried whatever I can do already , still can't manage to get more egg, and I transferred 2 D3 grade 3 embries. Praying hard for it

Hi sister , for proluton and baby aspirin , u request from him or he told you to use these two items ? I already got progesterone vaginal gel from KK , is this similar function as proluton ?
How did u spent ur 2ww?

Hi sister , may I know is this ur 2nd fresh cycle ? I am 36 years old too, I have tried whatever I can do already , still can't manage to get more egg, and I transferred 2 D3 grade 3 embries. Praying hard for it

Hi winniepooh, I have PMed you his hp no.

Also, don't stress too much about the number of eggs, now is the period to relax, eat yummy nutritious food (try to eat plenty of avocados) and watch all the funny comedies at home.

Hi sister , for proluton and baby aspirin , u request from him or he told you to use these two items ?
How did u spent ur 2ww?

Dr Yeong was the one who recommended the baby asprin and proluton shots but it was my intention to get baby asprin anyway as I have been doing some research on it and there are success stories for those who take baby asprin. Dr Yeong recommended proluton shots as it's additional womb support, he says KKH will only give basic support as they are a government hospital and must account to MOH for everything they do.

Unfortunately my 2ww was not very enjoyable as I was admitted into hospital with severe OHSS :( and I had to do abdominal tapping to drain 1.5l of fluids per day. I put on a total of 8kg and they drained in total 8l of fluids from me

Hi winniepooh, I have PMed you his hp no.

Also, don't stress too much about the number of eggs, now is the period to relax, eat yummy nutritious food (try to eat plenty of avocados) and watch all the funny comedies at home.
Thank you for you prompt response . What did you eat together with avocado? Maybe mix with milk or just eat like a fruit ?

Dr Yeong was the one who recommended the baby asprin and proluton shots but it was my intention to get baby asprin anyway as I have been doing some research on it and there are success stories for those who take baby asprin. Dr Yeong recommended proluton shots as it's additional womb support, he says KKH will only give basic support as they are a government hospital and must account to MOH for everything they do.

Unfortunately my 2ww was not very enjoyable as I was admitted into hospital with severe OHSS :( and I had to do abdominal tapping to drain 1.5l of fluids per day. I put on a total of 8kg and they drained in total 8l of fluids from me
I am so sorry that you have a not enjoyable 2ww. But you have gone through and you are success , you are brave.

Thank you for you prompt response . What did you eat together with avocado? Maybe mix with milk or just eat like a fruit ?

Yah I admit it's not easy to come up with tasty avocado recipes but what I did was: either mix with abit of honey and warm water and drink it like a shake, or I eat it with hard-boiled eggs mixed with abit of mayonnaise and salt and pepper (with toasted whole grain bread) or I will eat it with tuna and pasta (again mixed abit with mayonnaise)

I avoided milk as I read that milk causes mucus and inflammation of the womb (although I don't know how true this is)

Oh you can also make guacamole with it but instead of using raw tomatoes and raw onions in my guacamole, I cooked them. you can then eat the guacamole with whole grained tortilla chips

Hi ladies, may I know what types of injections are you taking (or have taken) for IVF?

Mine so far are: Menopur & Zomacton (morning), Gonal F (evening)

Curious to know what the rest are taking.

Hi gals
Those who did endo scratch before, may I know when did you do so? I am doing it tomorrow as advised by CHR which is 1 week before I start on Nor E (with NUH Prof). Wondering if the timing is correct. Also is once enough?

Anyone here take herbal soup (e.g ba zhen tang) before ivf cycle? I plan to take tonight but wonder if I should since I am doing endo scratch tml.

Hi all, doing my first Ivf at NUH. Hubby sperm count is abnormal and low,for myself amh is 7.6 and is clear, so doc suggest to go Ivf straight. starting gonal f on march 2017, we are waiting for PGD kit to arrive before starting the Ivf . Anyone doing Ivf with PGD can share experience? Does we need to attend the seminar at Nuh since we have our consuelling done?

we are being offered PGD during doctor review for hubby second sperm test, now waiting for the result of chromosome test to see which kit to order.

Hi gals
Those who did endo scratch before, may I know when did you do so? I am doing it tomorrow as advised by CHR which is 1 week before I start on Nor E (with NUH Prof). Wondering if the timing is correct. Also is once enough?

Anyone here take herbal soup (e.g ba zhen tang) before ivf cycle? I plan to take tonight but wonder if I should since I am doing endo scratch tml.

My endo scratch was done on CD23 in the midst of my Nor E, I stopped Nor E about 4 days later.

Heard that once is enough to last about 3 months (need to verify this information).

just googled dr Yeong cheng toh and wanted to make an appointment. seemed he had been sued by improper conduct in 2008... hesitating if should book him or somebody else...

just googled dr Yeong cheng toh and wanted to make an appointment. seemed he had been sued by improper conduct in 2008... hesitating if should book him or somebody else...

Me too. Was planning to find him for 1 round of iui and im hesitating coz of the improper conduct news i saw online.

Back