IVF/ICSI Support Group

I know there are some ladies who travel during their first tri but usually for us who strike thru ivf, it's so precious after we spent so much effort, time n money into it, we tried not to travel cos we dun want to regret for not taking enough care. So it's really up to u.

Hi may I know

Who arethe more popular ivf doc u girls are seeing? dr SF loh ( private or gvt) and hh tan( private or gvt) ? Anyone else? Sorry I'm looking for a ivf doc:(

Do you have the full name for hh tan and SF loh?

Last edited:
Thanks dear! Which means it will be the whole of Feb that i will be out. If my menses dont come naturally but i am given medication to induce it? I will just take it and induce it?
Hi hi, don't ur menses come normally? If yes, better don't use Medicine. But doc suggest to u to take med to induce then follow him. I normally wait for it to come naturally. I worried Medicine mess up my cycle.

Hi may I know

Who arethe more popular ivf doc u girls are seeing? dr SF loh ( private or gvt) and hh tan( private or gvt) ? Anyone else? Sorry I'm looking for a ivf doc:(

Tan Heng Hao - KKH (Private)
Loh Seong Feei - Thomson Medical Centre

Hi hi, don't ur menses come normally? If yes, better don't use Medicine. But doc suggest to u to take med to induce then follow him. I normally wait for it to come naturally. I worried Medicine mess up my cycle.
No =( I have PCOS so my period are super irregular. Dr Tan gave me some meds to ask me to take to clear my lining.

Hi may I know

Babycake80,
I am with Dr Cheng Li-Chang from TMC.

No =( I have PCOS so my period are super irregular. Dr Tan gave me some meds to ask me to take to clear my lining.
Aww like that better take to induce it. If not later cannot start in February. U can go Taiwan after 3 months of pregnant. Haha Good luck to you. I am in my FET now with kkh.

My briefing is on Wednesday 9, not tomorrow. Are you sure your briefing is tomorrow - tuesday?
Yup. My briefing on the 8th. KKH even called my hubby to tell him about the charges for the briefing tml. Hahaha... I double check the message KKH sent me. Cfm! 8th Nov... haha... u gonna start your cycle in Nov or Dec?

Jia you to you too! just had my ET today and switched back to eating carbs (but of course in moderation and mostly whole grain) so as not to affect embryo growth.

transferred 2 D3 embryos, both of which had 8 cells. Although embryologist and Dr both said they were 'very good' and lining also 'very good', the next 2 weeks is going to be a hellish wait as I never know if they will end up sticking to me. sigh
Just watch some funny drama. An try oh my venue (Korea drama)
Try to think positive ya!

Yup. My briefing on the 8th. KKH even called my hubby to tell him about the charges for the briefing tml. Hahaha... I double check the message KKH sent me. Cfm! 8th Nov... haha... u gonna start your cycle in Nov or Dec?
Oh, so they have a few briefing sessions, maybe too many people. They told me I will start in Dec.

Oh, so they have a few briefing sessions, maybe too many people. They told me I will start in Dec.
Same me too! Finally I found a cycle buddy!!! Who's your doctor? My doctor is Dr Sadhana... IVF centre only opens during Xmas week is it? Dr has already given me medicine to induce my menses for Dec. Hopefully menses can report on time.

Yay! Happy to meet u at the forum, are u interested to chat offline can PM me your num :) my doc is Dr Tan HH, was planning to ask about the schedule and opening hours in Dec.

hi all, tmr is 2dp3dt and I have to go back to SGH for a blood test (NOT beta). the nurse told me it is to check my hormone levels but I was too excited after my ET to dig more. Anyone has any idea what is it exactly for? my first round at KKH didn't have such blood tests..

TIA!

hi all, tmr is 2dp3dt and I have to go back to SGH for a blood test (NOT beta). the nurse told me it is to check my hormone levels but I was too excited after my ET to dig more. Anyone has any idea what is it exactly for? my first round at KKH didn't have such blood tests..

TIA!
Is to check ur progesterone & hormone level as well...usually pte will have such bt in between 2ww...

For starting ivf, need take birth control pill?

If start see doctor and nothing wrong, how long does the ivf process take??

Any idea if any bank sperm in spore that my hub can store his sperm since he travels a lot.

Any idea if any bank sperm in spore that my hub can store his sperm since he travels a lot.

I saw Dr Tan @ KK in sept, did blood test and everythjng came back ok. Scheduled for ivf in feb.

Anyone else also in feb?

hi kris80,

for fresh cycle there's no need for bcp. but some frozen cycles need i think..i haven't done frozen before so can't be too sure

hmm once u see the dr, they will assign u the month (current waiting time is 3 to 4 mths i think) then u need to go for IVF briefing before starting and call them once u get your period during your assignmed month. once you get your period the whole IVF process takes about 4 to 5 weeks.

not sure abt sperm bank but hospitals normally have facilities to store the sperm and freeze it though you'll have to pay for storage and freezing charges.

kris80,
Your dr will based on your fertility profile to determine if you should start bcp. The bcp prepares our body by regulating our ovarian hormones and preventing ovarian cysts and it is also given to PCOS patients so that their IVF cycle can be better timed.

Some IVF centers do Day 2 fresh transfers while some prefer to culture to Day 5 Blastocysts and some drs/patients refers to do FET due to over-stimulation etc. So the IVF Process will all depends on our individual response to the IVF stimulation jabs as well your dr/center's protocol

All private labs will provide sperm freezing but I am not sure about the govt hosp labs.

Hi I am with NUH and we froze DH's sperm sample in case he needs to travel when his sperm is required. I think we paid ard $200 odd for freezing and there are recurring yearly fee for continued freezing. Do check with your Doc.

kkh has its own sperm bank. you can store from 2 months before your cycle. need to inform your doctor or ivf nurse beforehand so they can make appointment. kkh will make 2 appointments to deposit (just in case once is not enough). fees are similar to what celeste144 mentioned.
if hubby is around on ER date, thh recommend to use fresh first still

Hi all, I just did my day 5 transfer today. Really happy to have 2 more days to prep my heart for a immobile 2 weeks or more. I transferred two and counting down to blood test.

Time to watch the Korean dramas and rest a lot.

At KKH, they don't reveal much on grading. They detailed out how many fertilized, grading above 3 and pretty good on day 3, reason why cultivating to blast, now good too etc. This actually helps me not to think too much.

I won't know how many I'm freezing yet. I have 4 more embryos on further observation.

Hi kkh has sperm storage facilities.

I am starting in Nov/Dec cycle.

Starting Nor-E this weekend and stimming should be in 2 weeks' time.

(Fingers Crossed) ER and ET should be in Dec.

Any cycle buddies? :)

Next Monday BT so is 3 more days? Slightly on off cramps, no spotting, nothing else

My 1st fresh failed cycle, spotting came 1 week earlier and mens come after 2 days...

Mixed feelings... :(
definitely there are ppl who self test. it's your choice.
personally I self test so I can prepare myself.

Back