IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi, any reason why u did medicated last round and doc recommended natural this round?

For the medicated FET, the doctor based it on a D21 blood test I did prior to the FET and recommended medicated. Can't remember what was the blood test about.

For my next FET, as I changed a doc, he suggest that since I tried medicated and not successful, why not give natural a try instead.
Not sure of the pros and cons though.

Last edited:

Hi early this month my medicated cycle also cancelled cos ovulated early than expected. So doc suggested for natural this time. Scan started at D2. More often scan than medicated cycle. Progynova medicine from last medicated cycle messed up my cycle and now then can start again.

So you started going for scans since D2? Did you have to go for scans every other day or wait until ovulation to go again?

So you started going for scans since D2? Did you have to go for scans every other day or wait until ovulation to go again?
Alternate days this week. For next week they asked me do ovulation at home. If positive on Monday, go bk that day. If not, go bk Tuesday. Have u done ovulation test at home? What time u do?

today is sad sad day for me. managed to do early blood test but hcg is low at 32. as i started to bleed nurse told me monday to return for another blood test and hcg level supposedly will fall further.

then i also found out i have no embbie to frost as they didn't make to blast. speaking to the embryologist the quality of the eggs a not too good but there is nothing i can do with the quality.

today is sad sad day for me. managed to do early blood test but hcg is low at 32. as i started to bleed nurse told me monday to return for another blood test and hcg level supposedly will fall further.

then i also found out i have no embbie to frost as they didn't make to blast. speaking to the embryologist the quality of the eggs a not too good but there is nothing i can do with the quality.
Hi... cheer up! Maybe try to eat supplement and to build up on the egg quality for the next round!

Hi ladies, i have an extra box of Revosit (http://www.haldanepharma.com/view-products.php?id=9) for sale, got if from TFC. Brand new, not opened. It was recommended by Dr Loh. Took it during my IVF cycle and initially wanted to continue taking it for my first trimester, but my morning sickness was quite bad that i stopped eating a lot of things, including this.

Bought at $50, selling at $40 now.

I was looking some of the previous posts, the number of eggs yield and subsequently fertilised is of course very important, but then it doesn't mean that if you do not have alot of eggs will equals to a BFN. During my first IVF cycle, i have only 5 eggs and out of which, only 3 of them get fertilised and still i got a BFP. I supposed egg quality also plays a part.

I know its not easy, but keeping a positive mindset is important. No point mulling over something which we have no control over and could not change. We have already done what all we could up till the ER.

Jiayou and Baby dust to all!!

Last edited:
Alternate days this week. For next week they asked me do ovulation at home. If positive on Monday, go bk that day. If not, go bk Tuesday. Have u done ovulation test at home? What time u do?

I did first thing in the morning. Coz the instructions was if positive go back for scan correct? And scan need be in morning. Not sure if first pee is ok though. Might want to check with the nurse?

I did first thing in the morning. Coz the instructions was if positive go back for scan correct? And scan need be in morning. Not sure if first pee is ok though. Might want to check with the nurse?

Mine is natural fet with scanning on cd10 and cd13, was aso told to test on opk on cd10 onwards n go back if test positive but only one line appear instead, I use first urine of the day to test
On cd13, scanning show one leading follicle 15mm n lining 8mm triple. The review doc said no need to test opk anymore, inject trigger shot on the same day n had transfer yesterday cd17

Mine is natural fet with scanning on cd10 and cd13, was aso told to test on opk on cd10 onwards n go back if test positive but only one line appear instead, I use first urine of the day to test
On cd13, scanning show one leading follicle 15mm n lining 8mm triple. The review doc said no need to test opk anymore, inject trigger shot on the same day n had transfer yesterday cd17

Hi bbdust, mine also natural fet. Have u drink any red bean soup or anything before transfer for lining? I m now cycle day 5. Ur embryo are blasts or day 3?

I went for my second beta hcg and it went up to 96.
Should I continue with my inserts? I was too shocked since I getting period like bleed that I forget to ask the nurse and the person on hotline I called dunno anything.

I went for my second beta hcg and it went up to 96.
Should I continue with my inserts? I was too shocked since I getting period like bleed that I forget to ask the nurse and the person on hotline I called dunno anything.
Please continue your inserts and if possible, better to also get progesterone injection support. If your clinic doesn't provide, suggest to consult private gynae for attention & support. Then minimise strenuous activities and hv more rest. Jia you & All the best

For Kkh, the first visit on cd2 no mc, after sequence scan, can request for mc. After ER , KK give 19 days of hospitality leave till the BT.

Hihi, I managed to get an mc for my first scan at cd3(I went on cd3 instead of cd2). I called up on cd1, and requested for an mc on the phone.

Thank you for telling us about the 19 days of mc. Need to count the dates and inform my boss when I'll be back at work.

Meanwhile, do you all still remember what time of the day do ER take place? Late morning or early afternoon? I'm due for ER either on Friday or Sat.

Yup upcoming menses, will call KKH to trigger for my FET. :)

Almondearie, I'm so glad to know that you are going for FET. I followed you and two other ladies during your last IVF cycles. I was eager to hear about your BT results back then. Never mind, what's over was over. Jia you on your FET. Hopefully we both BFP and have our bundle of joy by next year this time in our hands.

hi all, I'm currently stimming my 2nd fresh..was inactive for a while here as I was embarking on a new lifestyle after I got diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. Managed to successfully lose about 7kg though anther few kg is needed before I am in the idea weight.

Anyway I'm at SGH now under Dr Yu Su Ling. CD13 today but the frustrating thing at SGH is that they don't tell you the follicles size so all I know is I have about 6-8 follicles in the 12-17 range. sigh.

wish everyone all the best!!!

Almondearie, I'm so glad to know that you are going for FET. I followed you and two other ladies during your last IVF cycles. I was eager to hear about your BT results back then. Never mind, what's over was over. Jia you on your FET. Hopefully we both BFP and have our bundle of joy by next year this time in our hands.
Haha ya I had 2 cycle buddies who were going thru 1st fresh with me! Prob one of them is doing her FET now but haven't seen her on this forum lately... Thanks AmieeTan! Yes let's work towards that together!

For Kkh, the first visit on cd2 no mc, after sequence scan, can request for mc. After ER , KK give 19 days of hospitality leave till the BT.
You ladies are so helpful. I managed to cancel my leave for the briefing... leaving the leave for the scan afterwards. Thanks...

Hi everyone.. Can I know.. I'm doi my ivf second time at sgh.. My Menses Juz came today afternoon... Care centre is close... Should I wait for tmr to call up or do I need to inform them today...?

You ladies are so helpful. I managed to cancel my leave for the briefing... leaving the leave for the scan afterwards. Thanks...
Sorry just to add I think I took leave for first scan. Nurse will ask doc for you. As long as we have appointment, the wife can get mc. Not necessary for consultations. I took all mc for scans. Went back to work but took mc to prove my time off. My company practises half day mc also.

Hi everyone
Like to check for d2 menses go scan , usually how Long it takes? Does it include getting the injections ?
For KK, prepare to spend at least half a day there..queue for scanning, waiting for review, go pharmacy queue for jabs n queue for nurse to teach how to jab

Anyone in 2ww? I was soooo bored at home, strolling at punggol park, window shopping at nex n compass one...
Friends advise to stay at home n rest as much as possible but i think i will be covered by spiderwebs if i don't go out.. I quite naughty Hahaha

Anyone in 2ww? I was soooo bored at home, strolling at punggol park, window shopping at nex n compass one...
Friends advise to stay at home n rest as much as possible but i think i will be covered by spiderwebs if i don't go out.. I quite naughty Hahaha

Me! me! I have rested 1 week at home (although I still check my emails) and I am back at work this week. Actually I feel more stress if I did not clear my work.

Me! me! I have rested 1 week at home (although I still check my emails) and I am back at work this week. Actually I feel more stress if I did not clear my work.
I aso took HL around a week n back to work next week..but still bring laptop home n clear work.. Still have a conference call on friday.. OMG

Is yours natural or medicated FET?

My last FET was medicated, and I only had 2 scans rather late into the cycle.
Will be going for natural FET next month and I am wondering whether the scans will be more frequent and earlier into the cycle? Do share if you are undergoing natural FET. =)
Hi may i know they perform internal or external scan?

I was thinking to spend 2ww (mine will be in Dec) just lazing at home. Quite scary to go window shopping because so crowded everywhere... but then it's good to walk rather then lie on bed, I've read. It promotes good blood circulation.

I was thinking to spend 2ww (mine will be in Dec) just lazing at home. Quite scary to go window shopping because so crowded everywhere... but then it's good to walk rather then lie on bed, I've read. It promotes good blood circulation.
I walk really very very slow. This is my FET, failed fresh before so this time a bit heck care but still will be careful in whatever i do n hope for the best

hi all, just had my OR today and retrieved 23 eggs. I'm very surprised as my previous round, only managed to retrieve 4 eggs!

Can I check, besides drinking 100plus and egg whites, is there anything else I can do to prevent OHSS?

Back