IVF/ICSI Support Group

I will need to sign the consent for the no of embroys to transfer this friday..i heard fr the nurse that my doc will always recommend 1 coz if 2 then the embroy can still split n this could lead to mutiple pregnancies..i was just wondering wat's the chance of this happening..most will end up with twins..
Can any of you ladies pls advise..

Hi all, what should i eat to prepare for my cycle in December? Egg white now? Im having royal jelly and folic and since july. What should i add on to improve the egg quality? And when ER, After ER and ET? Thanks...

Hi everyone, I am joining this thread... going for IVF in Nov/Dec cycle. Feeling stressed, scared, excited... don't know how to describe this feeling. Trying NOT to feel sorry for myself... why is it so hard for us to have a baby? Moms are great but I think IVF moms are really superbly great for the things they have to go through even before BFP!

I followed this before my FET, hope it helps u!

Alternate days red bean soup and 2 egg whites
Red date longan daily
Every weekend black chicken soup
Conceive well Gold
TCM plus acupuncture
Sleep with long pants and socks every night, by 11pm
Alternate days soak feet in warm water
Exercise 3 times a week

Good luck to you!

Thanks! I have not been exercising regularly since I embarked on IVF and have put on so much weight. After I have miscarriaged in Aug, started exercising again but needed hysteroscopic DnC in Sep and has been 3 weeks since my DnC.

Will start my yoga again tomorrow!

It's to prep the womb too, can buy at coffee and tea leaf cafe. Drink a bit alternate days best with honey or else light brown sugar. But then stimulation time stop. No no for pregg women as cause contractions (some recommend taking during 3rd trimester to relax the uterus and prep for childbirth)

How about taking it during on progynova while preparing for FET? Is it good?

Went to a birthday party yesterday and everyone was asking why I put on so much weight. :( Can I know how everyone managed to still maintain your weight during IVF? I had 3 fresh cycles done and put on so much weight cos have not managed to shed off the weight and started the next cycle.:(

Went to a birthday party yesterday and everyone was asking why I put on so much weight. :( Can I know how everyone managed to still maintain your weight during IVF? I had 3 fresh cycles done and put on so much weight cos have not managed to shed off the weight and started the next cycle.:(
Hi I think everyone here more or less gain weight during ivf. I gained weight a lot too. During ivf process, u can go for walk or yoga. No jogging or running. And don't eat too much fast foods and fatty foods. Drink more water. I am now waiting for menses to come to start ivf again. So now I do jogging or exercise alternate days. And eating less for dinner. If u r taking break now, it is good time to do exercise too.

Hi everyone, I am joining this thread... going for IVF in Nov/Dec cycle. Feeling stressed, scared, excited... don't know how to describe this feeling. Trying NOT to feel sorry for myself... why is it so hard for us to have a baby? Moms are great but I think IVF moms are really superbly great for the things they have to go through even before BFP!
Hi catinthesky,
Its my first IVF too... i should be going for Dec/Jan cycle. Im feeling scared and excited too... not exactly stress, only concern is what to eat to improve the egg quality... have you go for the briefing? Which hospital are you at?

Hi I think everyone here more or less gain weight during ivf. I gained weight a lot too. During ivf process, u can go for walk or yoga. No jogging or running. And don't eat too much fast foods and fatty foods. Drink more water. I am now waiting for menses to come to start ivf again. So now I do jogging or exercise alternate days. And eating less for dinner. If u r taking break now, it is good time to do exercise too.

Many thanks! I am not exactly resting but taking prognova to prepare for FET and I just had hysteroscopic DnC 3 weeks ago. But I am planning to walk and do yoga starting from tomorrow. Hope this would not stress my body too much and be detrimental to my FET which would most probably be next week.

Does anyone facing this similar situation?

I done endo scratch on 8 Oct and there are spotting and light bleeds on 10 and 11 and my mens came full and heavy flow on 12th Oct but strange that, it fully stopped on 15 which is my CD 4. Does endo scratch will 'mess up' the cycle?

I failed my IVF in July and my mens cycle return to normal in Aug and Sep... I am doing my FET this month, wondering will this affect? I aso consume letrozole for this cycle...

Does anyone facing this similar situation?

I done endo scratch on 8 Oct and there are spotting and light bleeds on 10 and 11 and my mens came full and heavy flow on 12th Oct but strange that, it fully stopped on 15 which is my CD 4. Does endo scratch will 'mess up' the cycle?

I failed my IVF in July and my mens cycle return to normal in Aug and Sep... I am doing my FET this month, wondering will this affect? I aso consume letrozole for this cycle...

Hi last time when I did, I have spotting too but my cycle not messed up. But u r one was full flow. So should be ur menses came earlier. Urs came on 12th and last 3-4 days. That's should be normal right? Just timing is earlier . It will be no problem for FET. As long as full flow is ok. It count as ur menses. How long ur normal cycle last?

Hi last time when I did, I have spotting too but my cycle not messed up. But u r one was full flow. So should be ur menses came earlier. Urs came on 12th and last 3-4 days. That's should be normal right? Just timing is earlier . It will be no problem for FET. As long as full flow is ok. It count as ur menses. How long ur normal cycle last?

my cycle is 26 to 28 days, this round came at CD 27 (full flow)..normally mine last 5 to 6 days, from heavy to light..
Just feel this cycle a bit funny...haha, maybe I think too much

my cycle is 26 to 28 days, this round came at CD 27 (full flow)..normally mine last 5 to 6 days, from heavy to light..
Just feel this cycle a bit funny...haha, maybe I think too much
Haha don't think too much since it was full flow . So ru starting for FET? Medicated or natural?

Wahhh damn angry. I just got a PM from someone in another forum and this was what she told me

"Read from the forum that you are contemplating IVF but is overweight. To be honest, dont't waste your money on IVF if you are overweight. The body fats levels will hinder your success rates.

Just will like to share with you that some of my friends tried a weight management program and took supplements to boost their fertility chances. They were overweight with high level of body fats and had already failed IVF at least once. they tried all methods, IVF, traditional chinese medicine to tiao, IUI, etc. They decided to try this weight management program and while in the midst of the program, they managed to conceive naturally. They were able to successfully give birth and there are no side effects of this weight management program to the mummy or baby.

If you will like to find out more or get a free body fat analysis, please PM me and I can link you up with my friends' consultant who helped them to lose weight and conceive naturally.

Not to worry, no hard selling or pushy sales. It is not like those commercial slimming centres whereby they push you to buy their packages before letting you leave the shop. The consultant will just do the body fat analysis for you, explain to you the numbers, explain about the program and its benefits and that's it. You can opt take up the program if you are convinced by it or to leave if you need more time to think about it.

Personally, I went through a long tedious road before I managed to conceive which is why I PM you to want to offer you some advice."

WTH, got so desperate for business anot. like that all fat people can go and die liao.

Hi gal, i too had the same PM from the same person. She must have gone through all our forum conversations. Ignore her la. I didnt bother replying.

Hi catinthesky,
Its my first IVF too... i should be going for Dec/Jan cycle. Im feeling scared and excited too... not exactly stress, only concern is what to eat to improve the egg quality... have you go for the briefing? Which hospital are you at?

Hi HavingHope

I'm with NUH, what about you? Yeah I am not like very stress (yet) but I do feel stressed thinking of how much leave I have to take for the tests and scans. Just hope that my employer will understand.

My briefing is next week. Have you done yours?

Hope we can BFP first round!

Hi HavingHope

I'm with NUH, what about you? Yeah I am not like very stress (yet) but I do feel stressed thinking of how much leave I have to take for the tests and scans. Just hope that my employer will understand.

My briefing is next week. Have you done yours?

Hope we can BFP first round!
Im with KKH... yup, im like calculating the no. of leave i would need for the scan, my briefing in Nov. You are 1 month earlier than me... finger cross, lets all BFP together!!

there are many type of people ..one of the most disgusting ones i came across here is that she already has lots of children yet still want 'try' ivf..her words. I feel like this should not be given the grant but more grants to those who tried many many times no news. Sigh..very unfair world

there are many type of people ..one of the most disgusting ones i came across here is that she already has lots of children yet still want 'try' ivf..her words. I feel like this should not be given the grant but more grants to those who tried many many times no news. Sigh..very unfair world
Don't let this kind of people affect you!
Just block them off or report them to admin.

I feel if anyone can't tell anything good it's best that they keep their mouth shut!

Maybe the account belongs to a faker...a women who when through IVF before will know the pain of other going through the stage... Instead of being encouraging they won't hurt!

Mrandmrsh don't let this affect you!

Hi happy0428,

So sorry to hear this.. I was in a similar situation, and it was at first brownish stain on the inserts around 4 days before BT then got slightly a bit more until I fully stopped the inserts then my full menses came. I called up kkh to arrange for an earlier BT, hcg was very low (around 10+) so they asked me to stop the inserts. But it wasn't considered a negative BT so I still had to go back for another BT on the scheduled day to confirm a negative result.

Hi faith05 & happy0428
I am experiencing similar situation, brownish stains on inserts and today red spotting. My BT is on this Thurs and I tried calling the kkh hotline today but no answer. Super demoralizing as this is my first ivf after 2 failed IUI.... 2ww of anticipation and now I am wondering if I should stop the inserts:(

Hi faith05 & happy0428
I am experiencing similar situation, brownish stains on inserts and today red spotting. My BT is on this Thurs and I tried calling the kkh hotline today but no answer. Super demoralizing as this is my first ivf after 2 failed IUI.... 2ww of anticipation and now I am wondering if I should stop the inserts:(
I feel u girl. can hold on hope if no heavy flow. I managed to call and rearrange my blood test today from wed. coz already heavy flow. you may call kk and leave a msg, they will call you back.

Hi gal, i too had the same PM from the same person. She must have gone through all our forum conversations. Ignore her la. I didnt bother replying.
I am a super plus sized ivfer myself. Ya la doctors sure say need to lose weight etc. and the risks of gestational diabetes n high bp. Very important to have a good n experience Gynae to take on high risk pregnancies if the underlying issues arises from being overweight. I m a good example of being highly overweight at age 38, with twins. So we can be successful too. All the best ladies!

Had my scan yest, baby measure at 9w3d w strong heartbeat at 179 bpm . Good news is that finally my subchorionic hematoma starts to disappear (after non stop spotting since ET). Doc said placenta starts to formed so I can stop my crinone, progynova and estrogel, only still continue duphaston. Additional info, I bought angelsound mini doppler which works quite good for me so I can hear my baby's hb everytime I want :)

Had my scan yest, baby measure at 9w3d w strong heartbeat at 179 bpm . Good news is that finally my subchorionic hematoma starts to disappear (after non stop spotting since ET). Doc said placenta starts to formed so I can stop my crinone, progynova and estrogel, only still continue duphaston. Additional info, I bought angelsound mini doppler which works quite good for me so I can hear my baby's hb everytime I want :)
Wow that is great
When is ur edd

Hi all, what should i eat to prepare for my cycle in December? Egg white now? Im having royal jelly and folic and since july. What should i add on to improve the egg quality? And when ER, After ER and ET? Thanks...
My advise, don't think too much on what you can eat or what you cannot eat or what to do and don'ts. Everything comes from your mind too. W my failed ivf I restricted myself from too much things, I got stressful becos of that I couldn't enjoy my life. So this time I took everythings easy. I still doing my HIIT exercise even from my stims until my ET.
Lucky my doc is a very rational person. He never disallowed me from eating what I want. He just said all in moderation. The reason why he wants me to stay more in bed is because I had subchorionic hematoma quite big, if no he also never restrict me from doing anything just not too over. But I said I cannot cos I have no helper, my mom condition oso not too good, has knee prob so I have to still taking care of my 5 yo son, doing house works. He said just rest whenever I can then. Good luck girl :)

Last edited:
I tested + at home at 5 days after 2 blasts transfered. Im a poas addict lol. My edd May 21
Congrats once again

Today is my day 6 of ET 13 October 2016

Had 2 blastocyst transfer

I am still contemplating if I should test on the HPT or wait till my BT on 27 October

My previous pregnancy test in HPT it's negative but BT was positive

Congrats once again

Today is my day 6 of ET 13 October 2016

Had 2 blastocyst transfer

I am still contemplating if I should test on the HPT or wait till my BT on 27 October

My previous pregnancy test in HPT it's negative but BT was positive

Thanks. Good luck to you as well.
If you can wait then better wait for BT but for me I couldn't wait one :D

My advise, don't think too much on what you can eat or what you cannot eat or what to do and don'ts. Everything comes from your mind too. W my failed ivf I restricted myself from too much things, I got stressful becos of that I couldn't enjoy my life. So this time I took everythings easy. I still doing my HIIT exercise even from my stims until my ET.
Lucky my doc is a very rational person. He never disallowed me from eating what I want. He just said all in moderation. The reason why he wants me to stay more in bed is because I had subchorionic hematoma quite big, if no he also never restrict me from doing anything just not too over. But I said I cannot cos I have no helper, my mom condition oso not too good, has knee prob so I have to still taking care of my 5 yo son, doing house works. He said just rest whenever I can then. Good luck girl :)
Ok.. in this case i should utilise my 2ww fully and not returning to work.. luckily my cycle will be in Dec/Jan during the school holiday, and my first girl is already v big, i can relax fully and no need to worry too much.. like you, i have no helper but you are more xinku since your boy is only 5 years old

I feel u girl. can hold on hope if no heavy flow. I managed to call and rearrange my blood test today from wed. coz already heavy flow. you may call kk and leave a msg, they will call you back.
Thanks so much happy 0428, I just called kkh and will be going for my BT tml morning. :(

When did u buy the angelsound mini doppler and how much is it

Thanks for your reply
Waiting for my BFP want to get one too if everything fall in place
1476772133672.png

Back