IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi, want to drop by and ask a question...
I am in my 10dp2dt today. I had no symptoms at all since transfer and today I feel all the AF cramps and backache... It feels so definite that AF is reporting... No spotting yet though. Anyone goes through this and still bfp?

Hi ladies, anyone here did a hysteroscopy and follow-up with Dr Tan? What does he Chk during follow-up? I jus did the procedure tdy n next appt w him is 11 nov already. Gotta pray my period arrives only after I see him but before lab closure, otherwise unlikely he will give me go ahead to start cycle if my period reports before seeing me on 11 nov.

Hi ladies, anyone here did a hysteroscopy and follow-up with Dr Tan? What does he Chk during follow-up? I jus did the procedure tdy n next appt w him is 11 nov already. Gotta pray my period arrives only after I see him but before lab closure, otherwise unlikely he will give me go ahead to start cycle if my period reports before seeing me on 11 nov.
Is there iucd inserted inside post hysteroscopy? If there is then on ur aptmt date he will remove the iucd...den thereafter try naturaly or assisted...dependin on u..

I am in my 10dp2dt today. I had no symptoms at all since transfer and today I feel all the AF cramps and backache... It feels so definite that AF is reporting... No spotting yet though. Anyone goes through this and still bfp?
You can always go for an HPT & get immediate results

Hi everyone, I'm back to the IVF game again.. Just BFP in Aug and lost it in a short span of 1 month, at 9 weeks. Am with all of you in this fight again.. And may God give us all some hope!
Hugs dear... I feel u. I BFP in May but lost bb 1 month later... Let jiayou together! Meanwhile build up your health ya.

tsf,watever e results is,jiayou. this journey isnt easy.

Hi, had a bfp on my 3rd fresh cycle but miscarriage in Aug due to no heartbeat detected. Just did a hysteroscopic DnC 2 weeks ago as did not managed to pass out everything.

Currently on bcp and will start medicated FET in Oct once my AF arrives. Any cycle buddy?

Hi, had a bfp on my 3rd fresh cycle but miscarriage in Aug due to no heartbeat detected. Just did a hysteroscopic DnC 2 weeks ago as did not managed to pass out everything.

Currently on bcp and will start medicated FET in Oct once my AF arrives. Any cycle buddy?

Natural FET for me in Oct :)

Hi monkeyzai, when did ur first AF report after d&c? Naturally or induced? I'm waiting for mine to report after evac procedure for my miscarriage.

Hi monkeyzai, when did ur first AF report after d&c? Naturally or induced? I'm waiting for mine to report after evac procedure for my miscarriage.

Hi, mine was medically induced with cytotec and my AF reports exactly 4 weeks later. However when I went back for review, doc says I still have some remainings and eventually went for hysteroscopic DnC.

Now I am on bcp for 15 days and AF should report right after I stop my bcp. Once AF reports, I will start prognova on D2.

The doc says since have already tried 3 short protocol, why not try Long protocol next..
How about you? What made the doc gave u Long protocol?

First cycle, short protocol. Yield 5 eggs but only 1 matured and fertilised. Second second, long protocol. Yield 2 eggs and 1 matured and non fertilised. Was devasted. Eggs were retrieved from one ovary only as the other too high due to fibroid. Went to another doc, did fibroids removal and done third cycle which was short protocol. 13 eggs retrieved, 11 matured, 6 fertilised. Put in 3 embryos and BFP. However lost it at 9 weeks.

Now going for medicated FET and putting another 3 embryos.

Hi, mine was medically induced with cytotec and my AF reports exactly 4 weeks later. However when I went back for review, doc says I still have some remainings and eventually went for hysteroscopic DnC.

Now I am on bcp for 15 days and AF should report right after I stop my bcp. Once AF reports, I will start prognova on D2.
I c... Sorry for ur loss. I think our cases a little different. I'll just wait things out then. All the best for ur FET! :)

First cycle, short protocol. Yield 5 eggs but only 1 matured and fertilised. Second second, long protocol. Yield 2 eggs and 1 matured and non fertilised. Was devasted. Eggs were retrieved from one ovary only as the other too high due to fibroid. Went to another doc, did fibroids removal and done third cycle which was short protocol. 13 eggs retrieved, 11 matured, 6 fertilised. Put in 3 embryos and BFP. However lost it at 9 weeks.

Now going for medicated FET and putting another 3 embryos.
Hi monkeyzai
My gynae said to try after a few cycles after evac. I just lost mine last week, at 9 weeks also :( just getting by one day at a time, and waiting patiently until I am given go ahead to try again. So it's actually possible to do immediately after 1st AF reports? And also, I wasn't really given the option of putting in 3 embies. He initially suggested 1 only, despite me having 6 blasties. Actually I envy your gynae allowing u to go ahead so soon. I really can't wait. Are u eating things in prep for this next FET, or have special prep? Good luck and lots of best wishes for your upcoming FET!!

So it's actually possible to do immediately after 1st AF reports? And also, I wasn't really given the option of putting in 3 embies. He initially suggested 1 only, despite me having 6 blasties. Actually I envy your gynae allowing u to go ahead so soon.
Most, if not all, gynaes will recommend resting at least 3 cycles after D&C before enbarking on a new cycle to allow the womb to recover. Ultimately, it is the patient's decision whether to wait or not though i rested 5 cycles after my last evac.
There is an age criteria for transfer of 3 embies, think it's 40 yo if i am not wrong.

Hi monkeyzai
My gynae said to try after a few cycles after evac. I just lost mine last week, at 9 weeks also :( just getting by one day at a time, and waiting patiently until I am given go ahead to try again. So it's actually possible to do immediately after 1st AF reports? And also, I wasn't really given the option of putting in 3 embies. He initially suggested 1 only, despite me having 6 blasties. Actually I envy your gynae allowing u to go ahead so soon. I really can't wait. Are u eating things in prep for this next FET, or have special prep? Good luck and lots of best wishes for your upcoming FET!!

I have read that actually we are more fertile after miscarriage and therefore some ppl advise not to wait but to go for it. My gynae advised me to try naturally while waiting for FET. However as I still have some remainings and did not ovulate.

I can put in 3 embies cos I am over 35 years old and have more than 1 failed cycle. Therefore I was allowed to put in 3.

I am very happy that I can try immediately as my biological clock is ticking.

Hi monkeyzai

Regarding food, please do mini confinment. I did a 2 weeks mini confinement. Currently back to no cold drinks/food. Lots of red dates longan tea, raspberry leaf tea, brazil nut. I continued with TCM and TCM meds as well.

Is there iucd inserted inside post hysteroscopy? If there is then on ur aptmt date he will remove the iucd...den thereafter try naturaly or assisted...dependin on u..
Thanks Hajar for your reply. Actually totally knocked out in full GA so no idea what dr Tan even did! Lol. Was wondering if he took photos and images from the scope.
Before the procedure I asked him besides dilating my narrow cervix will he also clear out any polyps etc then he said yes. Then I got wheeled in and knocked out and dunno anythg already. Don't Thk he added in any iud. I'm supposed to ovulate sometime next wk but I got a feeling this hysteroscopy alrdy screwed up my normal cycle. Was given instruction by nurse no intercourse for 2 wks but I actually feel fine below, and feel like trying this weekend alrdy, otherwise looks like I will miss this cycle to try naturally.

Thanks Hajar for your reply. Actually totally knocked out in full GA so no idea what dr Tan even did! Lol. Was wondering if he took photos and images from the scope.
Before the procedure I asked him besides dilating my narrow cervix will he also clear out any polyps etc then he said yes. Then I got wheeled in and knocked out and dunno anythg already. Don't Thk he added in any iud. I'm supposed to ovulate sometime next wk but I got a feeling this hysteroscopy alrdy screwed up my normal cycle. Was given instruction by nurse no intercourse for 2 wks but I actually feel fine below, and feel like trying this weekend alrdy, otherwise looks like I will miss this cycle to try naturally.
Ah i guess for diferent purposes
mine was meant for removing adhesions scars frm previous MC..therefore iud inserted.2mths ltr removing it and try natural with femara help yet to no avail also..up to date still perservering hard for that miracle tho at times feel so exhausting with this kind of journey.yet still strive on! Gambateh!

Hey dear, did i share with you before huh? My AF reported about 1 month after my evac procedure without inducing.
I hope mine will also report as soon! But I will try not to stress about it. Issue is I had a full bleeding episode 2 weeks after evac, for 2 full days. Then spot for the rest of week and clear up. So I gather the layer in my womb will need time to grow and the AF shd report earliest by 6th week after evac? Anyway eating red bean soup now and taking iron supplements to see if it helps. Lol.

Hi all, I stopped progynova last week Tuesday and I started to bleed last Saturday night. It was little and I thought my period started to come but until today still not full flow. Panty liner amount only. Is anyone experience before? My normal period time is next week but nurse said period will come in few days after stopping progynova. How hah?

Hello All, I need some help with below :(
I just had an egg transfer on the 3oct.. been having constipation till today, there are blood in my stool... is anyone having the same prob with me???

I just had an egg transfer on the 3oct.. been having constipation till today, there are blood in my stool... is anyone having the same prob with me???
Raz84,
It could be the post ET supports and the food which you have taken that resulted in constipation.
You can try to drink some prune juice and see if it helps soften ur stools.
Just do not push too hard as we do not want to over exert our abs muscles after ET.

This period tends to be constipated.More fluid intake and prune juice might help.

Hi can i know if i develop flu symptons and sore throat during 1st 3 wèeks of pregnancy, will it affect the baby?

Lynn,
Mild ailment like flu will not affect ur fetus. If you are still unwell, go and visit the dr and mention that you
are pregnant and you will be prescribed with preggie safe medication. Rest Well !

Lynn,
Mild ailment like flu will not affect ur fetus. If you are still unwell, go and visit the dr and mention that you
are pregnant and you will be prescribed with preggie safe medication. Rest Well !
Thanks for replying. I have already seen the doctor and she prescribe me with anti histamine. Had a mid term miscarriage few months ago so i will be quite paranoid for this pregnancy. Thanks

Can I ask if anyone is seeing Prof Feng Jia Yang from Xinzhong? Would like to know if they are any successful cases or how he/she treats patient? A friend recommended to see though I have also seen Dr Zou (from amk). THanks!

Hi monkeyzai
Hi babe, I think monkeyzai could put in max of 3 embies because they are day 2 or 3 embryos, not blastocysts. SG law only allows max. 3 embryos (ie day 2 or 3) or max. 2 blastocysts (ie day 5 or beyond) for each ET if the female is at least 35yo and hv failed previous cycle or, at least above 37yo if I rem correctly. Focus on recovering well for your Fet. All the best!

Hi babe, I think monkeyzai could put in max of 3 embies because they are day 2 or 3 embryos, not blastocysts. SG law only allows max. 3 embryos (ie day 2 or 3) or max. 2 blastocysts (ie day 5 or beyond) for each ET if the female is at least 35yo and hv failed previous cycle or, at least above 37yo if I rem correctly. Focus on recovering well for your Fet. All the best!
Thank u DawnBB. I suppose than I will be able to put in 2..since I failed a couple of times and this will be my 4th try.

Was just thinking, anyone had their ivf fresh cycle converted to IUI due to Low number of follicles formed? And any successful stories from this?

U can only put in 3 if you are above 37 yrs old and failed one cycle before. This is the new rule started in 2011? Previously before the new regulations u can choose to put in 3.

The doc says since have already tried 3 short protocol, why not try Long protocol next..
How about you? What made the doc gave u Long protocol?
I was given LP as the doc explained that it usually has better chances of mature and better quality eggs.
What I learnt from the nurses later was that my doc preferred LP.

The second one I was given SP as I was nearing my 40 birthday and he want to do it just before so I can still enjoy the grant.

Hi all, I stopped progynova last week Tuesday and I started to bleed last Saturday night. It was little and I thought my period started to come but until today still not full flow. Panty liner amount only. Is anyone experience before? My normal period time is next week but nurse said period will come in few days after stopping progynova. How hah?

I took progynova for my previous FET and stopped it after negative result. Normal period time already passed by then. However, my period that cycle was very little compared to normal. If worried, maybe u call the ivf centre to ask again?

Thank u DawnBB. I suppose than I will be able to put in 2..since I failed a couple of times and this will be my 4th try.

Finesse9702,
Unless my memory fails me, I understand from Cath & NLC that even for me with a previous live birth via IVF, I can now transfer 3 blasts as I had Recent failed cycles n over 37. Check it out with Dr during your next visit but I reckoned that dr will still recommend to transfer 1/2 blasts max to avoid complications due to multiples pregnancies.

Hello...

Can i check if anyone did their ivf in sgh?? I just wanted to compare the OR price.. i received the bill yesterday and my OR was 3 times my ET.. so just needed to double confirm the price..

Greatly appreciated!

Back