IVF/ICSI Support Group

Cos Virtus does assisted hatching, IMSI and their freezing method is vitrification and is still new clinic lol

I have 5 yo son naturally conceived also

Hi Prunia,

May I know why you choose Dr Roland? You read good reviews about him or is through recommendation? I also previously read about Dr CT Yeong also at Virtus. So actually I am planning to make appointment to seek 2nd opinion from him. Now that you mentioned Dr Roland, i would like to find out more. Please kindly share. Thanks!

I had ectopic in 2013, then tried IUIs to no success and finally tried 2 x IVF at kkh to no success too. So i would like to open to other options to enhance the success rate. I am not young anymore, success rate getting lower day by day.

Hi xiaomyang,

May I know you see Dr Yeong from Tow Yung Clinic or Virtus Fertility Centre?
Hi bourjorgal,

If you are doing Ivf w Dr Yeong in Singapore, the consultations and scans will be at Tow Yung clinic. Only the ER and ET will be done at the Virtus Fertility Center. My friend did her first Ivf with Dr Yeong under Virtus fertility center and bfp with single embryo transfer and she's now in her third trimester. I think VFC is quite good.

Hi bourjorgal,

If you are doing Ivf w Dr Yeong in Singapore, the consultations and scans will be at Tow Yung clinic. Only the ER and ET will be done at the Virtus Fertility Center. My friend did her first Ivf with Dr Yeong under Virtus fertility center and bfp with single embryo transfer and she's now in her third trimester. I think VFC is quite good.

Hi xiaomyang,

Thanks for your reply :) May i ask how old is your friend? and does she still have balance embryos to freeze? I am 37 now so kinda worried as i can't get many follicles even on high stims..

Hi xiaomyang,

Thanks for your reply :) May i ask how old is your friend? and does she still have balance embryos to freeze? I am 37 now so kinda worried as i can't get many follicles even on high stims..
My friend is 35 this year. She still has 8 blastocysts in storage if I rem correctly. She has pcos though so that's why her high no of embryos....

I think Virtus only do blastocyst and their lab is supposedly very good. You only need one golden embryo to bfp so don't worry too much about the quantity. Build up the quality by taking supplements now like fish oil, folic acid, vit D, coq10 and royal Kelly if you are not allergic to it. All the best! :)

Hi Prunia,

May I know why you choose Dr Roland? You read good reviews about him or is through recommendation? I also previously read about Dr CT Yeong also at Virtus. So actually I am planning to make appointment to seek 2nd opinion from him. Now that you mentioned Dr Roland, i would like to find out more. Please kindly share. Thanks!

I had ectopic in 2013, then tried IUIs to no success and finally tried 2 x IVF at kkh to no success too. So i would like to open to other options to enhance the success rate. I am not young anymore, success rate getting lower day by day.

I don't have any recommendation actually is just a coincidence that his clinic is beside my son's clinic so I googled about him and found out that he spesialize in IVF and from virtus
Just what Xiaomyang said Virtus only does blast and FET (except you don't have enough eggs) cos they claim their success rates is 50% so far w blasts+fet. And w their vitrification freezing method they claim the embryo survive thawing is 90%
I had acupuncture about 2 months before I start stims. Good luck :)

Last edited:
Hi HavingHope, nope i did not take any TCM. However i did have a surgery to clear my endometriosis and polyps issue, almost 2 yrs ago by Dr Loh as well. Food-wise, i ate 4 eggs and healthy homecooked meals by my mom daily, comprises of mostly vegetable and steamed fish. Oh ya, and also 2 pcs of brazil nuts daily which is supposed to be good for implantation.

Apart from the above, I think having sufficient rest is just as important (quit my job for this IVF).

Congrats @bbdust2117,
Did you have any symptoms during the tww?

Can use Medisave as well?
Their protocol about same as NUH?
They culture blast embryo means only on day 5 then transfer so in between any medication to help in lining?

Can use medisave
I dont know about NUH protocol
Yes they only do day 5 transfer unless you got none but w dr Roland, he wont proceed if he doesn't see good result de so can end up cancelled ER oso
And they oso only do fet so far. For the fet procedure is depend on your doctor. Can medicated or natural.

My friend is 35 this year. She still has 8 blastocysts in storage if I rem correctly. She has pcos though so that's why her high no of embryos....

I think Virtus only do blastocyst and their lab is supposedly very good. You only need one golden embryo to bfp so don't worry too much about the quantity. Build up the quality by taking supplements now like fish oil, folic acid, vit D, coq10 and royal Kelly if you are not allergic to it. All the best! :)

Hi xiaomyang,
I see so sometimes pcos can be a blessing in disguise :) I read many sisters here talk about supplements, so does it really help? I don't mind trying to getting better chance. May i know what you had taken previously and where did you buy them from?

Btw bcos i had done many test such as HSG, SIS etc , so if i visit Dr CT Yeong with my existing reports of my history, will he still ask me to do any test?

I don't have any recommendation actually is just a coincidence that his clinic is beside my son's clinic so I googled about him and found out that he spesialize in IVF and from virtus
Just what Xiaomyang said Virtus only does blast and FET (except you don't have enough eggs) cos they claim their success rates is 50% so far w blasts+fet. And w their vitrification freezing method they claim the embryo survive thawing is 90%
I had acupuncture about 2 months before I start stims. Good luck :)

Hi Prunia,

Ic, thanks for your reply. Yup I am kinda worried if i do not have enough eggs, plus poor quality, can Virtus still be my choice.

Hi sister , I have 1 question, is swollen breast is related Royal jelly i drank ? I started to drink Royal jelly last last month , just feel like breast swollen these 2 months , but my menses just came 2 weeks ago. Not sure if it related to Royal jelly .

Hi all, im scheduled for SIS test at KKH on 26 Sept, my hubby is unable to get leave to acc me for the scan. Is family members required to be around as i saw from the form that it is better for family member to fetch me home.
1. Does the Dr give MC for that scan?

2. Is the scan painful?

3. Is the scan done by my IVF doctor?

Thanks...

Hi all, im scheduled for SIS test at KKH on 26 Sept, my hubby is unable to get leave to acc me for the scan. Is family members required to be around as i saw from the form that it is better for family member to fetch me home.

2. Is the scan painful?

Thanks...

Hi HavingHope,
I did a SIS recently at KKH too. I went alone and its fine for me. Its similar to a pap-smear test except they will inject water in. So it depends on individual if u will feel really uncomfy or cramp after the test. I think you can request Dr for Mc if required, i did not get Mc. Scan is on the tummy only, maybe if they press hard to scan, you will feel uncomfortable, the "pain' part more on i said the pap-smear portion. Scan is done not done by IVF doc, internal scan done by the diagnostic & imaging dept doc, external scan just by nurse.

Hi HavingHope,
I did a SIS recently at KKH too. I went alone and its fine for me. Its similar to a pap-smear test except they will inject water in. So it depends on individual if u will feel really uncomfy or cramp after the test. I think you can request Dr for Mc if required, i did not get Mc. Scan is on the tummy only, maybe if they press hard to scan, you will feel uncomfortable, the "pain' part more on i said the pap-smear portion. Scan is done not done by IVF doc, internal scan done by the diagnostic & imaging dept doc, external scan just by nurse.
Hi,
In this case, there are altogether 2 scans for the SIS? 1 on tummy and 1 is a scan similar to pap smear? How long is the scan? When did u go for the scan? We might be cycle buddies

Hi,
In this case, there are altogether 2 scans for the SIS? 1 on tummy and 1 is a scan similar to pap smear? How long is the scan? When did u go for the scan? We might be cycle buddies

I don't consider 2, its together just external scans to get the images, internal is open to inject water into uterus. Hmm i can't quite remember maybe 10 mins or so. I went 31 aug, not sure if we will be cycle buddies hehe, the next plan one in Nov..

Hi all, I need some advice from the ladies here. I have done my egg retrieval last week and got 31 eggs. But after meeting with doc on egg transfer day, he said only 7 fertilized. I was disappointed. Is there anyway to improve egg quality? Royal jelly? Coq10? Can advise me please. I m very sad and scared later no blastocyte from 7eggs.

2. Is the scan painful?

Thanks...
SIS is relatively a breeze, not painful just that the position maybe uncomfortable. it will be done by the sonographers and a radiologist doc will be present. You will feel fine after the scan so it is ok to go alone in my opinion.

Hi all, I need some advice from the ladies here. I have done my egg retrieval last week and got 31 eggs. But after meeting with doc on egg transfer day, he said only 7 fertilized. I was disappointed. Is there anyway to improve egg quality? Royal jelly? Coq10? Can advise me please. I m very sad and scared later no blastocyte from 7eggs.

q10 is known to improve egg quality but Royal Jelly has no basis for improvement though alot of people thinks there is. You cant control the result if you have blasts now so just hang in there and wait for the lab. In most reports, a day 3 embryo will have an equal chance of a Day 5 embryo as the conditions of putting it in differs but of course people swear by day 5 as the embryo made it further on its own in the lab dish without a womb hosting environment so it seems to have a higher chance.

Who are you with ? if it is private, you can check with them were the eggs retrieved of matured and good quality.

Hi bourjorgal,

Any idea on the cost with Virtus fertility center ? I guess almost same with TMC or TFC ?

Hi Prunia,

wow we are almost same story. I had ectopic in 2012 and had 4 cycles.. no success. Tried Thomson Medical, Thomson Fertility, now with KK.....

q10 is known to improve egg quality but Royal Jelly has no basis for improvement though alot of people thinks there is. You cant control the result if you have blasts now so just hang in there and wait for the lab. In most reports, a day 3 embryo will have an equal chance of a Day 5 embryo as the conditions of putting it in differs but of course people swear by day 5 as the embryo made it further on its own in the lab dish without a womb hosting environment so it seems to have a higher chance.

Who are you with ? if it is private, you can check with them were the eggs retrieved of matured and good quality.
I am with kkh Dr tan HH. This is 2nd time ivf. This cycle I suffered lot of bloatness. So I just wanted to get more eggs but look like quality not good even though retrieved 31eggs. And my progesterone level high at transfer time. So he suggested to stop and freezed 7 fertilized eggs.

I am with kkh Dr tan HH. This is 2nd time ivf. This cycle I suffered lot of bloatness. So I just wanted to get more eggs but look like quality not good even though retrieved 31eggs. And my progesterone level high at transfer time. So he suggested to stop and freezed 7 fertilized eggs.

yes, actually quality is better than quantity. I've always have good number of eggs, but quality is my problem. your doc is right, to freeze the eggs as your lining would be over-aged.

wow we are almost same story. I had ectopic in 2012 and had 4 cycles.. no success. Tried Thomson Medical, Thomson Fertility, now with KK.....

Hi muff,

so you have used up your medisave for the ivf ? if you started with TMC, means u did not have the additional 6.3K grant right? i left the last time medisave which is 4K.

So I am thinking if i should still proceed KKH or just to other clinic, cos at least i can still save 4K.
So sisters here, do your have any advice?

I don't consider 2, its together just external scans to get the images, internal is open to inject water into uterus. Hmm i can't quite remember maybe 10 mins or so. I went 31 aug, not sure if we will be cycle buddies hehe, the next plan one in Nov..
I was supposed to go for scan in Aug but due to some hiccups, it was postpone to this month. Dr told me mine should be in early December. Is this your first cycle? Its my first so dunno whats the next step after this.

Last edited:
SIS is relatively a breeze, not painful just that the position maybe uncomfortable. it will be done by the sonographers and a radiologist doc will be present. You will feel fine after the scan so it is ok to go alone in my opinion.
Thanks muff... in this case it should be fine for me to go alone.

Hi muff,

so you have used up your medisave for the ivf ? if you started with TMC, means u did not have the additional 6.3K grant right? i left the last time medisave which is 4K.

So I am thinking if i should still proceed KKH or just to other clinic, cos at least i can still save 4K.
So sisters here, do your have any advice?

By my 3rd cycle, I have finished all my grants as I have also transfers in between. I paid cash for the 3rd. If you roughly know what you want to do for you protocol, i suggest you go KK, you save the money unless you are not comfortable with the doctors there. Actually, KKH's lab is quite advanced which surprised me.. and I used to think very lowly of them :D

I was supposed to go for scan in Aug but due to some hipcups, it was postpone to this month. Dr told me mine should be in early December. Is this your first cycle? Its my first so dunno whats the next step after this.

Nope, it will be my 3rd cycle. Well its good that doc ask you to do this initial test too. I failed twice then doc ask me to do. But i had done all tests required now, so i ask doc what other test to find root problem lol Doc said no more unless i want do Genetic test which is quite costly 400+ per person, need to test as a couple. That's why I am looking at other options to make my money well spent or rather looking at higher success rate.

By my 3rd cycle, I have finished all my grants as I have also transfers in between. I paid cash for the 3rd. If you roughly know what you want to do for you protocol, i suggest you go KK, you save the money unless you are not comfortable with the doctors there. Actually, KKH's lab is quite advanced which surprised me.. and I used to think very lowly of them :D

I am with KKH now, just thinking if i want change haha

Nope, it will be my 3rd cycle. Well its good that doc ask you to do this initial test too. I failed twice then doc ask me to do. But i had done all tests required now, so i ask doc what other test to find root problem lol Doc said no more unless i want do Genetic test which is quite costly 400+ per person, need to test as a couple. That's why I am looking at other options to make my money well spent or rather looking at higher success rate.
So i have done the blood test, sperm test and SIS test... i assume my next step would be the IVF briefing and then to start on the cycle?

I think my problem is kinda straightforward as i have actually done a check in year 2010 and found that my tubes are damaged and was refer to IVF, but as there are no subsidy that time. I didnt proceed...

who's your doc? i think it is impt that, your current doc alters your protocol to keep trying to get to the right formula. what jabs were you previously on the 1st two cycles?

Dr Sadhana. Yup of cos the jabs dosage and type changes and i get more follicles, but probably the quality is no good. I forgot to keep a record of the jabs i got previously! any sisters here has asked the nurse for a copy of the daily jabs record? I rem last cycle i had Gonal F, saizen & blocker

So i have done the blood test, sperm test and SIS test... i assume my next step would be the IVF briefing and then to start on the cycle?

I think my problem is kinda straightforward as i have actually done a check in year 2010 and found that my tubes are damaged and was refer to IVF, but as there are no subsidy that time. I didnt proceed...

I am not too sure about your next step, Doc should be able to advise you after your test results are out. I did not start off at KKH, my gynae at TMC. So after my ectopic, surgery, IUIs then i wanted to try IVF. To make use of the grant, i went to KKH.

Oh so you waited almost 6 years ? Hope its smooth for you and all the best!

Yes its just different school of thoughts.

One of the embryologists told me that in a nature cycle, day 3 embryo should still be within our fallopian tubes but for ivf day 3 transfers there is no way to deposit the embryo into our tube so the only possible place will be into our uterus. But the environment btw the fallopian tube and uterus are different too(one is more alkaline the other is suppose to have more sucrose than the other).

Therefore now more labs are advocates of blastos transfers because by day 5, the embryo will be in the uterus in a natural cycle anyway.

I am not too sure about your next step, Doc should be able to advise you after your test results are out. I did not start off at KKH, my gynae at TMC. So after my ectopic, surgery, IUIs then i wanted to try IVF. To make use of the grant, i went to KKH.

Oh so you waited almost 6 years ? Hope its smooth for you and all the best!
Yup... i waited for 6 years. My first one was conceived naturally and she's already 11. The age gap will be very big, but hubby and myself feel that no matter how big the gap is, she needs a sibling...
Imagine next time when we are gone.. she at least has someone to rely on, to celebrate occasion together etc... this is why we decided to embark on IVF now. Ok.. the subsidy plays a part too...

Yup... i waited for 6 years. My first one was conceived naturally and she's already 11. The age gap will be very big, but hubby and myself feel that no matter how big the gap is, she needs a sibling...
Imagine next time when we are gone.. she at least has someone to rely on, to celebrate occasion together etc... this is why we decided to embark on IVF now. Ok.. the subsidy plays a part too...

Ic. Yeah at least you have a daughter :) I am still waiting for my 1st ..cannot give up unless its hopeless so need to keep trying. Wish you good luck! :) Lets JIAYOU together !

Hi Prunia,

Ic, thanks for your reply. Yup I am kinda worried if i do not have enough eggs, plus poor quality, can Virtus still be my choice.
Doctor will tell u about that after see your blood hormones results such as: fsh, amh. From what I've told high FSH leads to poor quality eggs and low AMH leads to quantity of the eggs that you will produce.

Dr Sadhana. Yup of cos the jabs dosage and type changes and i get more follicles, but probably the quality is no good. I forgot to keep a record of the jabs i got previously! any sisters here has asked the nurse for a copy of the daily jabs record? I rem last cycle i had Gonal F, saizen & blocker
you can review with her to try to change around the stim jabs for e.g. i was previously also on FSH jabs ( gonal are FSH jabs) but i respond better with LH jabs.. like menopur. i have lesser eggs but better quality in results. you may like to check with her if you are already on 2 cycles on the same stims....

you can review with her to try to change around the stim jabs for e.g. i was previously also on FSH jabs ( gonal are FSH jabs) but i respond better with LH jabs.. like menopur. i have lesser eggs but better quality in results. you may like to check with her if you are already on 2 cycles on the same stims....

Yes true. My 1st ivf only got puregon jab (same like gonal). W this one, i got gonal + menopur cos menopur got fsh and lh together, and my results way better w the second so you may want to tell your new doctor to maybe change the stims for you

hi all, just did my 2nd fresh (icsi). negative blood test :( *cry*

now left only 1 frozen blast. looks like the next try will be frozen cycle, it will be my first time.
besides having a healthy lifestyle and diet, any tips for frozen cycle? thank you in advance.

hi all, just did my 2nd fresh (icsi). negative blood test :( *cry*

now left only 1 frozen blast. looks like the next try will be frozen cycle, it will be my first time.
besides having a healthy lifestyle and diet, any tips for frozen cycle? thank you in advance.

So sorry Milc
Don't worry for me I failed in fresh also but bfp with FET twice. I don't have any diet restrictions, only take daily folic acid. Just enjoy life, eat whatever I want except soy products and pineapple. Oh and also I drink warm red dates and dried longan water 500 ml everyday even until now already preggy still drink

Hi, anyone had extra progynova to sell? I need about 72 tabs. I m currently on it but next appt too far i wont hv enuff to last till then. Can pm me if u are selling? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi, anyone had extra progynova to sell? I need about 72 tabs. I m currently on it but next appt too far i wont hv enuff to last till then. Can pm me if u are selling? Thanks!
hi,sorry i dun have any. not sure if this helps. i know guardian pharmacy got sell but need doctor's prescription memo

Any idea on the cost with Virtus fertility center ? I guess almost same with TMC or TFC ?
Hi Muff,

Just checked with my friend on the cost and it's about 10k cash after medisave deduction but she's on low dosage due to pcos. The stim charges may differ doc to doc since all the consults and scans are done at my doc's clinic and not at Virtus. The ER and ET fees are displayed on Virtus website.

Back