IVF/ICSI Support Group

Congrats Prunia!
ooh... which hospital are you with? im with TFC and i only tested once.. now waiting for the US 2 weeks later.. so in btw.. kinda nervous too..

Im w Dr Roland Chieng from Virtus fertility centre. I didn't do fresh transfer cos got high estrogen level so did FET instead. He's a very good doctor if I can say, very patient and he did every technique he can to make sure I can do the transfer. Cos I couldnt straight do the FET due to lining issue ( my lining stuck at 4-5.9 mm for 2 cycles in a row). This cycle my lining was only 7.5 mm and he was confident will worked :D
My 1st IVF 3 years ago w other clinic failed then FET pregnant but mc at 7w

Hi All, i am in 12dpt2 days transfer and did a home preggie kit check. Its showing negative, does that mean its game over this time round? Blood test on next Mon

Hi Ladies...! Just need some advise ...
First I have PCOS...
I did my fresh in Feb 2016 ( 24 Egg--- 13 Embryo) , Did not do any ET as doctor say that im on high risk of OHSS
May FET ( Taw 3 , 1 Blast and 2 didnt make it)
Aug FET (Taw 4 , all didnt make it) --- Cancel FET
Sept FET ( Taw 7, 1 Blast, 1 under observation) -- Currently on my 2 WW

Was advised by the embryologist during my cancel FET that my egg quality might not be good due to my PCOS condition.... In fact was a little disappointed at myself... 13 Embryo look like a WOW figure and yet only 2 are ok! Sad MAX!

Im just preparing myself for the worst.... Heres my question :-
1) Any suggestion / supplement i could take to improve my egg condition?

2) Im with KKH , If some of you may know, my current doctor is really getting on my nerve.... So im all prepare to change a Doctor if this FET ever fail... Any Suggestion/ Experience to share on the IVF Dcotor at KKH?

Thanks in advance!

I have many pcos fren who succeed n some even have twins.

Hi All, i am in 12dpt2 days transfer and did a home preggie kit check. Its showing negative, does that mean its game over this time round? Blood test on next Mon

Blood test is the most accurate. Even though things don't look good now but hang in there. I don't want give false hope but some ppl did tested negative n BT positive though not many.

just wanna check how frequent is the blood test after tested BFP. I was only scheduled for the first scan 2 weeks after BT.. but looks like there is other BT in btw.. Different dr different procedures?

Are u with dr Loh? If yes there will be no further BT. He mention that taking BT every two days actually causes stress n even if hcg double does not mean anything. Unless your BT level is really low he will order another BT to check. Only scan at two weeks later can see sac n heartbeat. The another 2ww is torturing but then u have made it so far by BFP. The wait to see n hear heartbeat is so worth it.

Are u with dr Loh? If yes there will be no further BT. He mention that taking BT every two days actually causes stress n even if hcg double does not mean anything. Unless your BT level is really low he will order another BT to check. Only scan at two weeks later can see sac n heartbeat. The another 2ww is torturing but then u have made it so far by BFP. The wait to see n hear heartbeat is so worth it.
hihi.. yap yap im with Dr Loh.. another 2ww now... but yes, all so worth it...

Congrats Prunia!
ooh... which hospital are you with? im with TFC and i only tested once.. now waiting for the US 2 weeks later.. so in btw.. kinda nervous too..
Cindy, I was with TFC too. According to nurse, TFC BT schedule is usually later (about 18 days post ER) and if your hcg levels at that time is at a safe level based on their standard (typically 3-digits) they will not require retest but will go straight to first scan at week 6 (that is 2 wks later).

Oh btw *touchwood* if you got spotting after BT and before first scan, don't wait. Go back to TFC and they will usually arrange urgent consultation and may provide Proluton support jab and another hcg BT. In any case, don't worry k. I had brief spotting at wk 5, went thru the above and now my gal is 4 weeks old gonna first month in a few days. Take care and hope you enjoy your preggy journey.

Cindy, I was with TFC too. According to nurse, TFC BT schedule is usually later (about 18 days post ER) and if your hcg levels at that time is at a safe level based on their standard (typically 3-digits) they will not require retest but will go straight to first scan at week 6 (that is 2 wks later).

Oh btw *touchwood* if you got spotting after BT and before first scan, don't wait. Go back to TFC and they will usually arrange urgent consultation and may provide Proluton support jab and another hcg BT. In any case, don't worry k. I had brief spotting at wk 5, went thru the above and now my gal is 4 weeks old gonna first month in a few days. Take care and hope you enjoy your preggy journey.

hihi... thanks so much for the info!! enjoy motherhood!

failed my first cycle T.T

thot i alr mentally prepare no matter the outcome but still cant help crying buckets..

any idea when the menses will resume after stopping the meds? Thanks..

thot i alr mentally prepare no matter the outcome but still cant help crying buckets..

Im so sorry dear. I know how it feels like *hugs*
Your period will come in about a week or less. Do you have any frozen embryos?

Hugs matcha, Take time to get over it and u will emerge stronger and wanna go for your next cycle! Continue to take Gd care of your body. We are all here to support one another and know how you are feeling now. Jia you!

Hugs matcha, Take time to get over it and u will emerge stronger and wanna go for your next cycle! Continue to take Gd care of your body. We are all here to support one another and know how you are feeling now. Jia you!
Just saw u got a few frozen embies so that's great! I've only got 1 left and need to start afresh.. :p

I am new here. I had passed 2 week waiting for First attempt Ivf and now I having heavy mense. My blood test is schedule for Tmr, would my blood test tell why I fail this ivf?

I am new here. I had passed 2 week waiting for First attempt Ivf and now I having heavy mense. My blood test is schedule for Tmr, would my blood test tell why I fail this ivf?

Happii,
Welcome ! If its the blood test scheduled after the 2WW, its the beta hcg (pregnancy hormones) blood test. this test will not reflect the reason on the failed cycle.

At times ivf is like rocket science. one can transfer the best grade embryos and endo lining was in top notch condition but still land up as BFN while the mediocre embryos sticked on tight and result in BFP.

Im w Dr Roland Chieng from Virtus fertility centre. I didn't do fresh transfer cos got high estrogen level so did FET instead. He's a very good doctor if I can say, very patient and he did every technique he can to make sure I can do the transfer. Cos I couldnt straight do the FET due to lining issue ( my lining stuck at 4-5.9 mm for 2 cycles in a row). This cycle my lining was only 7.5 mm and he was confident will worked :D
My 1st IVF 3 years ago w other clinic failed then FET pregnant but mc at 7w
Hi prunia,
I am also planning to Ivf with dr.roland.i visited him already,how much it costs you?did it hit 20,000

Happii,
Welcome ! If its the blood test scheduled after the 2WW, its the beta hcg (pregnancy hormones) blood test. this test will not reflect the reason on the failed cycle.

At times ivf is like rocket science. one can transfer the best grade embryos and endo lining was in top notch condition but still land up as BFN while the mediocre embryos sticked on tight and result in BFP.

Hi prunia,
I am also planning to Ivf with dr.roland.i visited him already,how much it costs you?did it hit 20,000
Hi Chuchoo

Yes it did, if only stims, ER and ET it costs $20k. But in my case due to lining issue so I cancelled twice FET so I paid more than that
When are you going to start? Best of luck :)

Hi Chuchoo

Yes it did, if only stims, ER and ET it costs $20k. But in my case due to lining issue so I cancelled twice FET so I paid more than that
congrats. this is based on how much iu stimulation dosage?

how many eggs did u retrieve n wat trigger jab did he use?

Hi daylesford, if I want to try 2nd ivf, should I stay on to same gynea or change to good gynea? Can I change the gynea in kkh?

Happii,
I am from TMC. It all depends on ur comfort level and confidence with ur IVF dr. If you want to stay on with ur current dr, discuss with him/her on the potential issues on ur failed cycle and see if he/she can make tweaks to the protocol for ur next cycle to improve ur chances.

If case if u want to switch, there are many ladies here with Dr Tan HH and i have a friend who raves about him too.

congrats. this is based on how much iu stimulation dosage?

how many eggs did u retrieve n wat trigger jab did he use?

Fortunatelly for me I only need low dose of stims. I used 150 menopur and 75 gonal for 5 days and then add ogalutran for 5 days. Then came check add gonal to 100 for another 5 days. After 10 days stims I had my ER. That time I had 17 egg, 14 mature, 11 made to day 3 and 7 made to blasts. Im was on risk of OHSS so he put me on Lucrin for the trigger
I had my period came 5 days after ER

Have you visit virtus and got the counseling there?

Hi Chuchoo

Not yet decided when to start.Accoring to Doctor mine is not a complicated case,it's un explained secondary infertility .I conceived my first one naturally and she is 5 years now.for the second one we have been trying for two years,all the result came out negative,both of us don't have any problm
I feel $20k is too much,I don't know how other hospitals charge.i heard in kk it may cost around $10k.how did u arrive at the decision to do at virtues ?
Doctor Roland is really good

Fortunatelly for me I only need low dose of stims. I used 150 menopur and 75 gonal for 5 days and then add ogalutran for 5 days. Then came check add gonal to 100 for another 5 days. After 10 days stims I had my ER. That time I had 17 egg, 14 mature, 11 made to day 3 and 7 made to blasts. Im was on risk of OHSS so he put me on Lucrin for the trigger
I had my period came 5 days after ER

Have you visit virtus and got the counseling there?
thanks. visited and consulted him. in e end didnt do it with him.
yr hub produce e soldier through ejaculate or sugical? i understand he offer 2 methods

Not yet decided when to start.Accoring to Doctor mine is not a complicated case,it's un explained secondary infertility .I conceived my first one naturally and she is 5 years now.for the second one we have been trying for two years,all the result came out negative,both of us don't have any problm
I feel $20k is too much,I don't know how other hospitals charge.i heard in kk it may cost around $10k.how did u arrive at the decision to do at virtues ?
Doctor Roland is really good

Cos Virtus does assisted hatching, IMSI and their freezing method is vitrification and is still new clinic lol

I have 5 yo son naturally conceived also

Cos Virtus does assisted hatching, IMSI and their freezing method is vitrification and is still new clinic lol

I have 5 yo son naturally conceived also
Could u able to find out the reason for infertility before consulting with Dr.roland?is it un explained?
Happy to meet u here as both of us r in the same boat

Hi ladies, just wanna share a piece of good news, got a BFP for my BT today (16dp2dt) ! Babydust to all! Hope there will be more good news coming in!
congrats! you are e 1 who missed e injection and have 4 eggs right. and 1st ivf strike. so nice! envy you!
does yr hubby has any fertility issue?

Hi Ladies,

I am now doing IVF with Dr SF Loh from TFC. I did my first stimulation jab yesterday. May I know if any support is given (either jab or insert or pill) after BT? I will be out of town for two weeks just before BT. So I am thinking of asking for earlier BT.

Thanks in advance.

Congrats bbdust... did you go for any TCM or eat anything while going thru the IVF process?

Hi HavingHope, nope i did not take any TCM. However i did have a surgery to clear my endometriosis and polyps issue, almost 2 yrs ago by Dr Loh as well. Food-wise, i ate 4 eggs and healthy homecooked meals by my mom daily, comprises of mostly vegetable and steamed fish. Oh ya, and also 2 pcs of brazil nuts daily which is supposed to be good for implantation.

Apart from the above, I think having sufficient rest is just as important (quit my job for this IVF).

Last edited:
Dr Yeong didn't really suggest PGD for me but he is very open to me going for PGD. He recommended I try another fresh cos I only did one fresh under NuH previously and he think I can go for another fresh cycle under him to see how it goes. But to me, the cost of doing a fresh under dr Yeong in SG vs fresh+pdg in Bkk is about the same, so I rather take the trouble to go Bkk for PGD. There was another Singapore couple there for PGD when I was at the Bangkok clinic. My husband and I didn't go for any genetic testing before but believe we are normal as our family history are all OK.

Hi xiaomyang,

May I know you see Dr Yeong from Tow Yung Clinic or Virtus Fertility Centre?

Hi,

May i know how much cash u fork out for doing ivf with Dr loh?

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. This is my first time going for IVF, and will be done by Dr SF Loh from TMC. Before this, i have 2 failed IUI attempts with NUH.

Day 1 of my menses is on sat 20 Aug and i have taken injections (Gonal F-300mg + Menopur-150mg per night) for 4 days till today (24 Aug). We went back to see Dr Low today and was told that there is only 6-7 eggs (high FSH level), with the largest size being 12mm and and lining thickness is 7.5mm. As this is my first time, may i know what is the average size of the egg 4th day into menses.

This time round he prescribed me with Gonal F (375mg) + Pergoveris + Orgalutron to be jab for 3 nights and told us to go back for consultation/scan this saturday. Unfortunately, tonight i missed my injection as i am not feeling well, with sudden bouts of cold and constant shivering for at least 30mins, so to play safe, i have decided not to proceed with the jab for tonight. Anyone here missed any injection before? How to make up for it? I will be calling up the clinic to check tomorrow also.

Anybody with Dr Loh as well, he told us that i will be on short cycle, so may i know how many more injection am i expected to take and whats the expected cycle timeline from now on.

May i know what do abbreviation below means:
CD1, CD2, stim, AMH level

Sorry for the long post and the many questions.

Thanks all for reading!

Back