IVF/ICSI Support Group

hmm just to share with you.. this is exactly what happened to me too. i had two pregnancies.. both early spotting.. baby never made it past 7 weeks, couldn't find a heartbeat.

my gynae kept telling me it was 'normal', miscarriages are common.. they do not do any testing until it happens 3 consecutive times at least.

well, i just felt that something was wrong, and i didn't want to go through anymore unnecessary mcs, so i insisted that we get tested. i asked for a full miscarriage profiling and also did a karyotype for both my husband and i. the karyotype test is not cheap - 500 plus per pax. my gynae was still rather confident and told me, don't worry 99% of the time, these tests come back all normal.

i turned out to be the 1% with a problem! and i got diagnosed with balanced chromosomes which only happens to 0.01% of the population.

saw a genetic counsellor who told me i could continue trying naturally and risking more miscarriages.. or go for ivf with pgd, so they can select genetically normal chromosome embryos before transferring back to me.

i'm definitely not saying our situation is exactly the same! but asking for the tests really helped me move forward with less fear since i know now exactly what is going on in my body..

did your dr suggest ivf? what was the reason for it??
Happynods,yr kyrotype test for female is via blood test or?

Hi

I need advice. I failed my 1st ivf cycle around 15 Aug and stopped all support. That time my HCG was very low, around 40 only. Menses came about 5 days later for about a week. Hence, i was expecting my hcg levels to drop back to normal quickly,

Today, 3 weeks later, I use clearblue and it says 2 to 3 weeks preg. Does that mean there's still uncleared tissues and i need to do d&c? Or it could be ectopic?
Unlikely to be etopic especially if you don't feel any unusual cramps at either side of your lower abdominal. My HCG was 39 at 3rd BT and doc said not to worry about etopic with such a reading.

Your 3 weeks is from BT or from 1st day of AF?

Hi

I need advice. I failed my 1st ivf cycle around 15 Aug and stopped all support. That time my HCG was very low, around 40 only. Menses came about 5 days later for about a week. Hence, i was expecting my hcg levels to drop back to normal quickly,

Today, 3 weeks later, I use clearblue and it says 2 to 3 weeks preg. Does that mean there's still uncleared tissues and i need to do d&c? Or it could be ectopic?
Unlikely to be etopic especially if you don't feel any unusual cramps at either side of your lower abdominal. My HCG was 39 at 3rd BT and doc said not to worry about etopic with such a reading.

Your 3 weeks is from BT or from 1st day of AF?

Hi Miloqueen

It's 3 weeks from 1st day of AF. I'm hoping it's not ectopic too. I know that it takes time for HCG to drop but mine increases. So ironic, want it to increase during the repeat BT. It din happen. Now want it to drop, but it shoots up. Hence I'm worried. Seeing Doctor later. Sigh... Just when I thought I can start on FET end this month...

Hi

Hi Miloqueen

It's 3 weeks from 1st day of AF. I'm hoping it's not ectopic too. I know that it takes time for HCG to drop but mine increases. So ironic, want it to increase during the repeat BT. It din happen. Now want it to drop, but it shoots up. Hence I'm worried. Seeing Doctor later. Sigh... Just when I thought I can start on FET end this month...
I asked cos I have a wild thought that it could be a BFP if you have been trying naturally after the fresh cycle. Best to see doc and do another BT. Hope all goes well for you. Take care!

I am currently on progynova this cycle and it is going to be my first FET cycle. My embryos are retrieved from my first fresh cycle in June.. which I didn't manage to proceed with the transfer due to OHSS.

Just wondering what is the process like for FET? I am schedule to go for my first scan on CD 13.

Hi all,

Just need an advice

Im scheduled to go for my egg retrieval on monday. Which is a public holiday. Anyone experience going for retrieval on a public holiday the price of the procedure is higher due to the additional charges?

Hi sistas, yest i went to transfer my last blastocyst. The embryologist told me that the embryo is at its hatching stage. Any sister here encountered the same situation n bfp? Does dat means higher chance of implAntation? Hopefully, tis last try is sucessful.

Hi sistas, yest i went to transfer my last blastocyst. The embryologist told me that the embryo is at its hatching stage. Any sister here encountered the same situation n bfp? Does dat means higher chance of implAntation? Hopefully, tis last try is sucessful.

Happy0341,
Yes ... Hatching blasto is a good sign. Read in other forums that there were many ladies who BFP with hatched blastos. rest well these few days as ur blasto should be implanting itself.

Best of luck.

Hi ladies, i am now 10 days past a 2nd day transfer and my BT is next friday. This 2WW is really unbearable. May i how accurate is the result if i do a home pregnancy test now? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi ladies, i am now 10 days past a 2nd day transfer and my BT is next friday. This 2WW is really unbearable. May i how accurate is the result if i do a home pregnancy test now? Thanks!

Bbdust2117,
During my BfP previously, i transferred day 3 embryos and I did a beta hcg on DPT11. Hcg was only 8.5 and clearblue hpt started showing faint positive on DPT12.

You should hang in there for a few more days ...

Best of luck !

Bbdust2117,
During my BfP previously, i transferred day 3 embryos and I did a beta hcg on DPT11. Hcg was only 8.5 and clearblue hpt started showing faint positive on DPT12.

You should hang in there for a few more days ...

Best of luck !
Hi daylesford, thanks for the advice. I will hang on for a few more days before testing then.

Newbie here
This is my second ivf. Just had FET on Sept 1st and at 5dp5dt got my first faint + and also confirm by clearblue digi. Then at 6dpt got spotting so took beta which came out 28.6 (doctor said is good number since is still very early). Yesterday at 9dpt got beta came out at 171.6 (spotting still have), the doctor said is a good reading and ask me to keep monitor the spotting. My next beta is on Wed 13dp5dt. So still hoping for the best result
Any beta stories to share here?

Hi, Yes. I transfered 2 blasts for my FET. One was extended blast and other was hatching blast. My beta on 9dpt is 171.6 Waiting for second beta next Wed. I dont know which one stuck thou ☺️

Newbie here
This is my second ivf. Just had FET on Sept 1st and at 5dp5dt got my first faint + and also confirm by clearblue digi. Then at 6dpt got spotting so took beta which came out 28.6 (doctor said is good number since is still very early). Yesterday at 9dpt got beta came out at 171.6 (spotting still have), the doctor said is a good reading and ask me to keep monitor the spotting. My next beta is on Wed 13dp5dt. So still hoping for the best result
Any beta stories to share here?
Gal... you may want to consider getting a support jab if spotting continue.
All the best for your beta on Wed!

Last edited:
just want to ask your ladies, my full flow came around 12 noon today, and kkivf center where I am supposed to report this to is closed on public holiday. what should I do? is it still okay to call tmr morning to arrange the scan?
Thanks for ur help in advance.

just want to ask your ladies, my full flow came around 12 noon today, and kkivf center where I am supposed to report this to is closed on public holiday. what should I do? is it still okay to call tmr morning to arrange the scan?
Still ok to call tomorrow. All the best.

Can call tmr..not anissue..dey will call back on when to starrt stim medication..All the best...

Hi Ladies...! Just need some advise ...
First I have PCOS...
I did my fresh in Feb 2016 ( 24 Egg--- 13 Embryo) , Did not do any ET as doctor say that im on high risk of OHSS
May FET ( Taw 3 , 1 Blast and 2 didnt make it)
Aug FET (Taw 4 , all didnt make it) --- Cancel FET
Sept FET ( Taw 7, 1 Blast, 1 under observation) -- Currently on my 2 WW

Was advised by the embryologist during my cancel FET that my egg quality might not be good due to my PCOS condition.... In fact was a little disappointed at myself... 13 Embryo look like a WOW figure and yet only 2 are ok! Sad MAX!

Im just preparing myself for the worst.... Heres my question :-
1) Any suggestion / supplement i could take to improve my egg condition?

2) Im with KKH , If some of you may know, my current doctor is really getting on my nerve.... So im all prepare to change a Doctor if this FET ever fail... Any Suggestion/ Experience to share on the IVF Dcotor at KKH?

Thanks in advance!

Just checked with SN, she say if no symptoms, blood test will be negative.. So no point checking also..

Hi Dream. I find it weird that on news they say can be no symptoms, yet can be positive right. So u call and ask they say no symptoms =negative. So that means no matter what there will be symptoms. It is so misleading.

Hi all, may I know if the first cycle of IVF failed, can the person go ahead with the next cycle the following month? Or need to rest a cycle?

Hi Ladies...! Just need some advise ...
First I have PCOS...
I did my fresh in Feb 2016 ( 24 Egg--- 13 Embryo) , Did not do any ET as doctor say that im on high risk of OHSS
May FET ( Taw 3 , 1 Blast and 2 didnt make it)
Aug FET (Taw 4 , all didnt make it) --- Cancel FET
Sept FET ( Taw 7, 1 Blast, 1 under observation) -- Currently on my 2 WW

Was advised by the embryologist during my cancel FET that my egg quality might not be good due to my PCOS condition.... In fact was a little disappointed at myself... 13 Embryo look like a WOW figure and yet only 2 are ok! Sad MAX!

Im just preparing myself for the worst.... Heres my question :-
1) Any suggestion / supplement i could take to improve my egg condition?

2) Im with KKH , If some of you may know, my current doctor is really getting on my nerve.... So im all prepare to change a Doctor if this FET ever fail... Any Suggestion/ Experience to share on the IVF Dcotor at KKH?

Thanks in advance!
For #2, you can consider Tan Heng Hao! He is sincere and goes all the way to help his patients. I think many sisters here are his supporters (and fans). He will give his advice but ultimately it's up to you to decide and he respects that.

Hi Dream. I find it weird that on news they say can be no symptoms, yet can be positive right. So u call and ask they say no symptoms =negative. So that means no matter what there will be symptoms. It is so misleading.
Ya I think what the SN means is if no symptoms, blood test will be negative, but u can still be infected by zika, just that blood test can't pick up? Something like false negative

just wanna check how frequent is the blood test after tested BFP. I was only scheduled for the first scan 2 weeks after BT.. but looks like there is other BT in btw.. Different dr different procedures?

just wanna check how frequent is the blood test after tested BFP. I was only scheduled for the first scan 2 weeks after BT.. but looks like there is other BT in btw.. Different dr different procedures?

Hi Cindy
My doctor only does twice BT actually. Is at 13dp5dt and a week later, then another one week later come for 1st US. But due to my spotting I asked to be tested before that (thou he said I didn't have to cos is normal to have a spotting w crinone). But I still demand that lol.

Hi Cindy
My doctor only does twice BT actually. Is at 13dp5dt and a week later, then another one week later come for 1st US. But due to my spotting I asked to be tested before that (thou he said I didn't have to cos is normal to have a spotting w crinone). But I still demand that lol.
Congrats Prunia!
ooh... which hospital are you with? im with TFC and i only tested once.. now waiting for the US 2 weeks later.. so in btw.. kinda nervous too..

Back