IVF/ICSI Support Group

Shiro_ger, thanks for the info. So I also need to take note of the blackout periods. Will take this into consideration when planning the schedule with my doc.
Lol, actually I a bit superstitious, went to a Fengshui master before and he said I can only get pregnant this year, Year of the Monkey. If not, no chance already. That's why concerned about the blackout period. >.<

FS cannot believe entirely. I believe fengshui can help to enhance our living space but not prediction. there is this saying in mandarin 一命,二运,三风水. Interpret as we are born as we are....either u born with silver spoon or avg income family. Second is luck cos in life many things are based on luck. If u do not have good percentage on the first two then u may get FS help to improve.

I also see many FS master n buy ornaments to wear. One of them said I won't have children lor. I was so sad then n decided he is rubbish haha. My group of TTC frens bought those stones n we remind each other to moon our stones during full moon haha. Nothing happen for so long till I chuck everything away le. Positive thinking generate good Qi n will have good well being. Believe u can do it n I am sure good energy will come your way. Maybe not now yet but soon.

Hi Ladies

I have failed 2 cycles of IUI and will be taking 1 more cycle next month. If fail again, I will be going for IVF. Already turning 39 next year and can't drag this anymore. :(

Feeling a bit apprehensive. Is IVF procedure really painful during injections and egg retrieval? I had injection for IUI and it wasn't painful. But someone told me that the injection pen is different for IVF.

Also, heard that it's advisable to get bed rest during the 2ww?

I don't mind going through the pain and all just to have a baby, really. But still, some mental preparedness would be good...

Thanks all :)

Hi Ladies

I have failed 2 cycles of IUI and will be taking 1 more cycle next month. If fail again, I will be going for IVF. Already turning 39 next year and can't drag this anymore. :(

Feeling a bit apprehensive. Is IVF procedure really painful during injections and egg retrieval? I had injection for IUI and it wasn't painful. But someone told me that the injection pen is different for IVF.

Also, heard that it's advisable to get bed rest during the 2ww?

I don't mind going through the pain and all just to have a baby, really. But still, some mental preparedness would be good...

Thanks all :)
Hi cat, any reason why the dr ask u to go for 3rd rd of iui? If it's male factor, most docs are willing to recommend Ivf without having to do 3 rounds of iui.
Which hospital are u with? My hubs has Low count and poor morphology, so the dr recommended Ivf after just 1 round of failed Iui. Hmm but since u alrdy scheduled, thk OK to just proceed with the last round now..hope u get lucky and strike so u no need go thru Ivf.

The Ivf jabs are not that painful (at least for gonal-f and the orgulstran blocker, not sure any other drugs like menopur)...most of us here have gone thru at least 1 round...good luck and all the best!

Hi cat, any reason why the dr ask u to go for 3rd rd of iui? If it's male factor, most docs are willing to recommend Ivf without having to do 3 rounds of iui.
Which hospital are u with? My hubs has Low count and poor morphology, so the dr recommended Ivf after just 1 round of failed Iui. Hmm but since u alrdy scheduled, thk OK to just proceed with the last round now..hope u get lucky and strike so u no need go thru Ivf.

The Ivf jabs are not that painful (at least for gonal-f and the orgulstran blocker, not sure any other drugs like menopur)...most of us here have gone thru at least 1 round...good luck and all the best!

Hi Cen, thanks for your reply! Actually, my 1st failed IUI was one year ago and this year I've only had one IUI so far. So that's why we are trying at least 1 more IUI cycle. The Dr didn't suggest IVF at this point but I am mentally preparing myself to go for it if my next IUI fail again... really don't wish to waste time. In fact, I wanted to go straight for IUI in Aug but the Dr advise us to do IUI again first.

My hub's sperm count and Morp was quite good for the IUI cycle we did in Aug. Somehow it failed so probably the problem is me...

Thanks for your words of blessings... wishing baby dust on you and the other ladies here too! :)

Gals,

Just beware most repellents have an ingredient "deet" that is not very good for pregnant lady. I recently bought essential oil natural repellent online as preventive measure.

I agree with age catching up too!! :)

Let's jiayou together! Good luck to everybody!

Hi MsPopee, where did u get the essential oil natural repellent?

Hi

anyone postponing cycle because of Zika? I'm thinking of proceeding but not sure if it is wise to do so.

Bbhopeful77,
I am proceeding like the rest. Only Heaven knows when the vaccine for zika will be available.

Cant afford to wait as our bio clock is ticking away. As long as we protect ourselves including our hubbies, we will be ok.

Gals,

Just beware most repellents have an ingredient "deet" that is not very good for pregnant lady. I recently bought essential oil natural repellent online as preventive measure.

I agree with age catching up too!! :)

Let's jiayou together! Good luck to everybody!
Can you advise in what way Deet is not good for pregnant ladies? Can share any articles pls? Been reading that repellents with deet are most effective and safe to use for pregnant ladies. Essential oils are not as effective and long lasting comparatively.

Can you advise in what way Deet is not good for pregnant ladies? Can share any articles pls? Been reading that repellents with deet are most effective and safe to use for pregnant ladies. Essential oils are not as effective and long lasting comparatively.

Hi

Actually I wasn't very sure. I heard it from my sister-in-law who is in her third trimester now. She bought the essential oil repellents online too. I deleted all above posts in order not to cause confusion as I wasn't sure. Thanks for your clarification. However it's true that the essential oil repellent is not long lasting like what you said. It has to be re-applied every 2 hours.

Xiaomyang, you have done PGD in Sg before? What are the conditions pegged to it for Sg? Any idea what's the approximate cost?
Hi almonddearie,

I think it's not possible to go thro PGD in Singapore unless you have known genetic issues. Your doc will need to write a letter on your genetic issues to appeal to have PGD done and it may take some time.

Recurrent implantation failure is not a valid reason to ask for PGD in Singapore. So I don't qualify for PGD in Singapore. If I rem correctly, other ladies in the thread have previously shared with me that SG PGD alone could cost $10k which is not cheap.

Hi almonddearie,

I think it's not possible to go thro PGD in Singapore unless you have known genetic issues. Your doc will need to write a letter on your genetic issues to appeal to have PGD done and it may take some time.

Recurrent implantation failure is not a valid reason to ask for PGD in Singapore. So I don't qualify for PGD in Singapore. If I rem correctly, other ladies in the thread have previously shared with me that SG PGD alone could cost $10k which is not cheap.
@happynods will know, she did pgd in sg not long ago.

Hi ladies

Thanks all for sharing your thoughts about whether to proceed with cycling despite the Zika situation. I totally agree that that our bio clock is ticking... Ok, I'm going to proceed too! Just be ready to apply insect repellent! :)

I'm getting confused with deet or deet-free repellent. I googled and some articles say only deet or picaridin (may have gotten the spelling wrong) is effective though both are synthetic chemicals. Drs have been quoted saying Deet is safe for pregnancy as long as don't go beyond deet concentration of 20% and use according to label instructions. Also read that essential oil type e.g. Patches, bands are not effective and safety may be a concern as not much studies have been done on them.

Anyone use wrist bands or patches and find them working? I went to a couple Watson to look for Off (contains deet) but out of stock. Anyone manages to get any, please share where have stock.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

FYI :)

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/repel-attack-of-mozzies-repellent-guide

Deet has been shown to be safe in the second and third trimester of pregnancy. However, during the first trimester, it should be sprayed onto the clothing instead of the skin to minimise absorption (from article)

Thanks Ms Popee!
That means when ttc or tww, cannot apply directly to body too. But sprayed onto clothing eg dress would protect legs and arms meh? How ah? How do u all work around this?

Thanks Ms Popee!
That means when ttc or tww, cannot apply directly to body too. But sprayed onto clothing eg dress would protect legs and arms meh? How ah? How do u all work around this?

I am using "off" now but after ET I will use the essential oil type which is deet free. I will ask Dr Loh when I see him on Day 13 which is 10 days from now. Will let you know again. :)

Hi bbhopeful77, mspopee, I too am proceeding..my view is our eggs keep ageing but Zika is here to stay, so just proceed? At least I'm prepared to!
Am proceedin..Already halfway mid thru stim...Bio clock ticking.No time to waste.have been sprayin those Off brand repelant as per kkh recomendation on clothes...

Hi sisters here, I have done 2 round of ivf n no frozen and i'm turning 38 soon. My menses is getting lesser n lesser from recent yrs from 3 days to only 1 day of full flow. Is that mean i'm moving towards menopause soon as I started my period as early as at age 10. Will I have no chance to get preggy anymore? Doc mention b4 I did my 2nd ivf, I have PCOS. PCOS make it more difficult to get preggy n I have lots of peers pressure with all my friend with kids. Feeling lost n extremely sad.

Hi sisters here, I have done 2 round of ivf n no frozen and i'm turning 38 soon. My menses is getting lesser n lesser from recent yrs from 3 days to only 1 day of full flow. Is that mean i'm moving towards menopause soon as I started my period as early as at age 10. Will I have no chance to get preggy anymore? Doc mention b4 I did my 2nd ivf, I have PCOS. PCOS make it more difficult to get preggy n I have lots of peers pressure with all my friend with kids. Feeling lost n extremely sad.

Miracle,
Is your T4/TSH indicators ok ?
I had the same issue a few years back and i thought i was moving into menopause too. Turned out to be hyperthyroidism.

Stay positive!

Reactions: cen
Hugs my dear. You are in the right place to share your thoughts.
I also have PCOS and my dr won't let me take dhea. Same also with you, I have done 2 rounds of fresh, plus 2 frozen transfers.

I feel lots of pressure initially too but I openly tell them that it's out of my control. Already doing our very best. Take comfort in that, however little it might be.

Our turn will arrive, have faith.

Hugs my dear. You are in the right place to share your thoughts.
I also have PCOS and my dr won't let me take dhea. Same also with you, I have done 2 rounds of fresh, plus 2 frozen transfers.

I feel lots of pressure initially too but I openly tell them that it's out of my control. Already doing our very best. Take comfort in that, however little it might be.

Our turn will arrive, have faith.

MichNg,
Just to ask the reason on why pcos patient cannot take DHEA ? I am also a PCOS patient ....

I was diagnosed with PCOS too but i have 2 boys now with 2 other occurrences of MC. So it doesn't really mean there is no chance or low chance when we have PCOS.

The problem with PCOS is getting too many follicles after stimulation and due to the large numbers, the quality may not be as good. I see it positively that when i get many, i can do more frozen cycles, thereby spending less $$ on fresh if i dun succeed. We have no control over the natural elements such as age etc, but perhaps, to up your chance, maintain a balance diet and take more protein food during the stim and days ahead. If you believe in TCM, go for it too. Dun be despair ok!

MichNg,
Just to ask the reason on why pcos patient cannot take DHEA ? I am also a PCOS patient ....
I read that it had androgen hormones which may elevate your PCOS symptoms and increase chances of fibroids.
But dr only said that it's mainly for those with ovarian failure so not necessary for me.
Sorry if I'm confusing... Mixing up my sources or info.

Can get blackmores coq10 from guardian and watsons.
I'm also thinking the same as you.
Also, how fast is iherb delivery?
They will give you an estimated delivery date when you place your orders, usually is quite fast...I did get my orders at times within a week...

hi can anyone advise if we r able to know the BT result at the end of the 2ww on the same day?

TFC will call you within 2 to 3 hours within same day. Gd luck!

Cindy do you mind me asking if the total medicated Fet exceeds $3500? How many embryos did you thaw? I have 4 frozen and out of them, 2 are only 2 cells. Am concerned if they can survive. Tks in advance.

Last edited:
TFC will call you within 2 to 3 hours within same day. Gd luck!

Cindy do you mind me asking if the total medicated Fet exceeds $3500? How many embryos did you thaw? I have 4 frozen and out of them, 2 are only 2 cells. Am concerned if they can survive. Tks in advance.
Hihi.. thanks! U r under Dr Loh too?
Ummp my FET costs abt $3.2k but can claim medisave of $2.5k.. I thawed 2 embryos and both of them survived for a D2/3 trsf.. E embryologist did inform before the FET tt they will thaw another embryo if Wat they had thawed initially did not survive..

Hihi.. thanks! U r under Dr Loh too?
Ummp my FET costs abt $3.2k but can claim medisave of $2.5k.. I thawed 2 embryos and both of them survived for a D2/3 trsf.. E embryologist did inform before the FET tt they will thaw another embryo if Wat they had thawed initially did not survive..

Yes I am under him too. Tks for reply. It's great to know both your embryos survived and hope they are fighing strongly inside you now!

Hi

I need advice. I failed my 1st ivf cycle around 15 Aug and stopped all support. That time my HCG was very low, around 40 only. Menses came about 5 days later for about a week. Hence, i was expecting my hcg levels to drop back to normal quickly,

Today, 3 weeks later, I use clearblue and it says 2 to 3 weeks preg. Does that mean there's still uncleared tissues and i need to do d&c? Or it could be ectopic?

Hi

I need advice. I failed my 1st ivf cycle around 15 Aug and stopped all support. That time my HCG was very low, around 40 only. Menses came about 5 days later for about a week. Hence, i was expecting my hcg levels to drop back to normal quickly,

Today, 3 weeks later, I use clearblue and it says 2 to 3 weeks preg. Does that mean there's still uncleared tissues and i need to do d&c? Or it could be ectopic?

best to do a blood test to confirm.

Back