IVF/ICSI Support Group

Proposed benefits of taking Dhea as a supplement for fertility treatments - pls read
-https://www.centerforhumanreprod.com/services/infertility-treatments/dhea/whatis/

However please do also note that Dhea affects hormones (will raise androgen levels so best suited for those with low androgen levels) so I would suggest to consult doc to confirm if it is suitable for you and the appropriate dosage. I wouldn't have taken it if not advised by my doc.
Okay noted.will ask dr tanhh if im good for it...

Jiayou! U in hospital now waiting for delivery? Soon yr bb will be in yr hands! So nice! ^_^ :) thanks for yr advises so far. I wish u all e best n smooth pregnancy!

Thanks. Doc loh did advise me to take dhea 1 yr ago when i consulted him. I was skeptical abt it becos its hormone pills. I am e 1 who ask you abt it last time abt hair dropping when i increase dosage to 3 times a day.then i stop after u help me ask dr loh. 2 times still ok,hair didnt drop
Oh not at hospital tho soon as in counting down couple of days. Yup I remember I asked dr Loh about your hair loss observation. Glad that 2x25mg dosage is fine for you. Jia you!

Hi ladies,

Asking on behalf of one of my friend who's preparing her body for the ET in sep. I remember reading somethings on raspberry leaf to strengthen the uterus, will drinking this affect the jabs that she is having now???

Thanks in advance

My amh also drop half between ard 1 yr interval . Then e resulted follicles is from 14 to to 9. But Fret not,as its e quality that counts and not quantity. My good friend bfp with low amh. This bfp is With so- iui although tanhh ask her to jump to ivf. So i believe its e quality that counts rather than amh.
At least u have 14 initially, mine always single digit. What's your AMH level?

At least u have 14 initially, mine always single digit. What's your AMH level?
I just flip my records. Amh from 16.7pmgol in 2013 drop to 7.8pmgol in 2015. So its like half e value. Thus i think e egg quantity also half.
Egg many no use. I am those case who cant manage to get most embries survive after day 3.

At least u can yearn blastom yr quality should be somewhat good. Stay positive and keep a happy mind,as i was told mood affects eggs. Jia you!

Last edited:
Congrats!! So this dhea need to stop when start of actual ivf or all the way till ER?
Confusing. I am not with any doctor now. But my previous doc got recommend to take. But i forgot to ask e details..

Pinkie bb,wat brand of dhea are you taking?u took with tcm medicine concurrently ma?

You need to take it for min three months to see effect. For me I took it around four months, one month beyond doctor prescription. Pls check with your doctor before taking dhea as this is a hormonal medicine.

I took life extension dhea from iherb and it was together with tcm. Just have to space it out about four hours apart will be sufficient.

Good luck! :)

Hugz hugz. This is a challenging process, in terms of pain, cost, physical pain/discomfort and emotions involved. Do rant if you need to. That time my hubby also said want to give up liao, because its too taxing in terms of cost and time/efforts required to go down to the hospital to do ultrasounds and blood tests etc. But we actually succeeded on that cycle unexpectedly. I call it our "miracle" baby who came to us on V-day. After 3 attempts: 2 fresh and 1 FET within 7 months.

Your bundle of joy will come to you, in time to come.
u almost same like me..we hv no much egg...doctor say my ovum is older than my age..next cycle maybe no egg retrieve

Just did a new round of blood test as the previous ones were done almost 2 years ago.
To my disappointment, my Amh level has dropped so drastically!
From a normal level of 2 digits to now a single digit after 2 fresh cycles... Anyone experienced the same?
Feeling scared as this round will be my 3rd fresh and already will need to fork out quite a lot of cash as we are almost hitting the 15k max that can deduct from medisave :(
my amh also only 4..now i try to do exercise + supplement + massage + tcm + healthy diet

Hi all,

Have anyone done saline test before? I searched online and it's call SIS. Does this test able to check whether your womb has problem?

I failed my 2nd fresh and went back for doc follow up, dr said not sure wats the issue, probably embryo quality is poor...also can't give a definite ans. So for the next try...suggested to do this SIS. I was asking what other detail test can be done to Ensure my womb is ok..then she mentioned about genetic test which is quite costly...but I did not opt for that..maybe when last resort.

Btw, anyone with Kkh for 4th attempt? I just wana check out first how much do your pay for the whole procedure? Bcos after 3rd try there will be no grant. And does anyone need to TOP up cash for your second cycle?? I received a reminder payment from kkh to pay 1k ++! I thought still under Medisave and the co fund...what's the Amt given to us? I have no idea haha, pls share if you gals know. Thanks!

Hihi,

May I know when will doc ask to do this AMH test? How much does it cost? What type of supplements do you take ?
when i want start my ivf he ask me do the test whole hormon test around 300 i think.. now i will take some supplement like dhea n q10 n fertility blend

Hi all,

Have anyone done saline test before? I searched online and it's call SIS. Does this test able to check whether your womb has problem?

I failed my 2nd fresh and went back for doc follow up, dr said not sure wats the issue, probably embryo quality is poor...also can't give a definite ans. So for the next try...suggested to do this SIS. I was asking what other detail test can be done to Ensure my womb is ok..then she mentioned about genetic test which is quite costly...but I did not opt for that..maybe when last resort.

Btw, anyone with Kkh for 4th attempt? I just wana check out first how much do your pay for the whole procedure? Bcos after 3rd try there will be no grant. And does anyone need to TOP up cash for your second cycle?? I received a reminder payment from kkh to pay 1k ++! I thought still under Medisave and the co fund...what's the Amt given to us? I have no idea haha, pls share if you gals know. Thanks!

I did SIS back in 2012 coz the Dr wanted to confirm if i had polyps in my uterus. If i recalled, mine was at the targeted area as the objective is to find the polyps which can potentially be an obstacle in the TTC journey. If you need a detailed scan of your womb, i think SIS might not be able to do into the deeper specifics le.

Your 4th attempt means 4th fresh or? I had done 3 fresh and 2 frozen liao and i dun remember paying a lot of cash up-front as i am always on short protocol with low dose of stim meds. It really depends on the drugs you are using, long or short protocol and dosage. For info on medisave and the ART co-fund, you can refer to the MOH website https://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_...ubsidies/Marriage_and_Parenthood_Schemes.html

I did SIS back in 2012 coz the Dr wanted to confirm if i had polyps in my uterus. If i recalled, mine was at the targeted area as the objective is to find the polyps which can potentially be an obstacle in the TTC journey. If you need a detailed scan of your womb, i think SIS might not be able to do into the deeper specifics le.

Your 4th attempt means 4th fresh or? I had done 3 fresh and 2 frozen liao and i dun remember paying a lot of cash up-front as i am always on short protocol with low dose of stim meds. It really depends on the drugs you are using, long or short protocol and dosage. For info on medisave and the ART co-fund, you can refer to the MOH website https://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_...ubsidies/Marriage_and_Parenthood_Schemes.html

Hi shiro_ger,

Thanks for your reply :) So you are saying SIS test don't really help to check why we failed? I am not sure maybe doc also unsure of the issue so suggested this test...i really hope i can open my womb and check in details ha is there any test you gals know ? doc don tell everything they just ask u try this tat when testing fails....haiz...experimementing..

i mean if 4th fresh, means no more funding rite? we have to pay on our own. Too bad i don't have any to freeze so not chance for FET...i was on short protocol but doc said my dosage quite high, so probably the amt exceeded..not sure still waiting for KKH to get back.

Hi shiro_ger,

Thanks for your reply :) So you are saying SIS test don't really help to check why we failed? I am not sure maybe doc also unsure of the issue so suggested this test...i really hope i can open my womb and check in details ha is there any test you gals know ? doc don tell everything they just ask u try this tat when testing fails....haiz...experimementing..

i mean if 4th fresh, means no more funding rite? we have to pay on our own. Too bad i don't have any to freeze so not chance for FET...i was on short protocol but doc said my dosage quite high, so probably the amt exceeded..not sure still waiting for KKH to get back.

Hi Bourjorgal, i also just failed my 2nd fresh cycle .Didnt expect AF come so early this time which is on D12dp2dt ..went for early BT today and expected result to be -ve.Me too , really hope that i can open up my womb as well to check what wrong with it :(

I went for couple of test before start ivf 2 years ago by Dr THH .If remember correctly ,i did went for SIS test too ..
Really hope can find out whats the root causes to all this failure before starting my 3rd cycle .I also not sure where i can get all this test done..:(

Hi Bourjorgal, i also just failed my 2nd fresh cycle .Didnt expect AF come so early this time which is on D12dp2dt ..went for early BT today and expected result to be -ve.Me too , really hope that i can open up my womb as well to check what wrong with it :(

I went for couple of test before start ivf 2 years ago by Dr THH .If remember correctly ,i did went for SIS test too ..
Really hope can find out whats the root causes to all this failure before starting my 3rd cycle .I also not sure where i can get all this test done..:(

Hi hopingforamiracle,

yeah sometimes we just feel whats really wrong with us right? externally seems quite ok but don't know wats wrong internally which we can't even see :( so the SIS you done also don't tell any issue? May i know how much is the test? I forgot to ask the doc...when they tell you do this that we will just agree....what else can we say rite !

Let's hope for miracle together! Fighting!

Hi hopingforamiracle,

yeah sometimes we just feel whats really wrong with us right? externally seems quite ok but don't know wats wrong internally which we can't even see :( so the SIS you done also don't tell any issue? May i know how much is the test? I forgot to ask the doc...when they tell you do this that we will just agree....what else can we say rite !

Hello! For myself, personally, I don't think SIS is helpful (at least to me). Before I embarked on IVF, I was ordered to go for the SIS and was happy that I cleared it. Unfortunately, it took me 1 failed fresh and 2 failed FET before realising that I had hydrosalphinx - fallopian tube emitting toxic fluid which is damn non-conducive for embryo implantation. And it's only through one of the random routine ultrasound scan that they saw the fluid flooding the cavity (I must be super lucky that day).

Hello! For myself, personally, I don't think SIS is helpful (at least to me). Before I embarked on IVF, I was ordered to go for the SIS and was happy that I cleared it. Unfortunately, it took me 1 failed fresh and 2 failed FET before realising that I had hydrosalphinx - fallopian tube emitting toxic fluid which is damn non-conducive for embryo implantation. And it's only through one of the random routine ultrasound scan that they saw the fluid flooding the cavity (I must be super lucky that day).

Hi towkayneo,

thanks for your feedback :) Aiyo then why now i already done 2nd cycle , the doc as me to do this test?? so it should be done before the IVF start journey ? I done the Dye test before to confirm one said was blocked.

Your random routine ultrasound means the scan when we start fresh, to scan for checking how our eggs growing ? or just a ad hoc scan?

Hi towkayneo,

thanks for your feedback :) Aiyo then why now i already done 2nd cycle , the doc as me to do this test?? so it should be done before the IVF start journey ? I done the Dye test before to confirm one said was blocked.

Your random routine ultrasound means the scan when we start fresh, to scan for checking how our eggs growing ? or just a ad hoc scan?
Well, SIS helps to see if there is any thickening of the endometrium of the uterus, or if there are polyps. Polyps are small growths of the endometrium. The scan can also be performed in the assessment of post menopausal endometrium or possible Asherman’s Syndrome (a condition caused by the presence of scars in the uterine cavity) Source: http://www.insideradiology.com.au/pages/view.php?T_id=71#.V7Psvph96Uk

Maybe just to make sure that your womb is free from polyps and scars?

I went for the routine scan to check for my lining to prep for my next FET and the sonographer discovered fluid in the cavity, so she referred me to THH who told me to abandon the cycle and decide whether to clear up the tube or snip it away.

I chose to snip it away cos I know that natural was not possible anymore (I only had one tube and it happened this particular tube was bad) and wanted to focus on maximising the IVF chances. THH kept reminding me that IVF was not 100% guaranteed, but I guess I was too fed up with so many BFNs and I just heck it. No point dangling in the air with a bad tube and collecting BFNs.

Just for general info, so long as you have any blocked tubes, it's best to make sure you do not have hydrosalphinx cos it will not only affect implantation, the lining will also be affected - the toxic fluid seems to erode the lining. Before getting rid of the bad tube, it was a struggle to hit the min 8mm. It kept hovering 6.5 - 7mm regardless how much red bean soup, raspberry leaf tea etc

Hi hopingforamiracle,

Bourjorgal , ya agreed with you .. We just agreed to watever doc ask us to check as we hope it will helps after that .
From the SIS, DR did mention that my womb got scarring from previous d&c but did not ask me to take any supplement ,Only prescribe Vit E for my hubby . So i tot it was all okie on my side till i failed this cycle . I was wondering will there be any other issue that leads to this failure ?could it be egg or sperm issue ?genes issue or whats causing the embryo did not implant ? Really alot of ??? Now .

Cant really recall how much i pay for it .

Well, SIS helps to see if there is any thickening of the endometrium of the uterus, or if there are polyps. Polyps are small growths of the endometrium. The scan can also be performed in the assessment of post menopausal endometrium or possible Asherman’s Syndrome (a condition caused by the presence of scars in the uterine cavity) Source: http://www.insideradiology.com.au/pages/view.php?T_id=71#.V7Psvph96Uk

I went for the routine scan to check for my lining to prep for my next FET and the sonographer discovered fluid in the cavity, so she referred me to THH who told me to abandon the cycle and decide whether to clear up the tube or snip it away.

I chose to snip it away cos I know that natural was not possible anymore (I only had one tube and it happened this particular tube was bad) and wanted to focus on maximising the IVF chances. THH kept reminding me that IVF was not 100% guaranteed, but I guess I was too fed up with so many BFNs and I just heck it. No point dangling in the air with a bad tube and collecting BFNs.

Oic, i guess doc just want make sure my womb is free from polyps and scars like what you mentioned. You are so brave and strong! Thanks for letting me know about this hydrosalphinx..will take note of this. But if you are saying it will affect the lining...then seems like mine lining is normal lei i think its > 8mm when nearing ER stage..if i rem correctly. aiyo human body really complex!

Wow u must be super lucky that day to find out .
Is there any test to detect for this ? As i only went for scan during stimming period .so is hard for them to detect it as they more focus on the lining and follicle sizes .

Bourjorgal , ya agreed with you .. We just agreed to watever doc ask us to check as we hope it will helps after that .
From the SIS, DR did mention that my womb got scarring from previous d&c but did not ask me to take any supplement ,Only prescribe Vit E for my hubby . So i tot it was all okie on my side till i failed this cycle . I was wondering will there be any other issue that leads to this failure ?could it be egg or sperm issue ?genes issue or whats causing the embryo did not implant ? Really alot of ??? Now .

Hi hopingforamiracle,

Yes..so true! like i say they can only trial & error...really depends on luck too i guess! So i am trying to find out more what can help to up the chances for next try! $$$ exhausted haha...people don't know we spent so much $$ on these...cos its not physical items..! haiz...

Hi hopingforamiracle,

If i remember correctly after medisave deduction i still have to pay 1K++ cos im SGPR . Not sure if for local will it be the same amount anot .

Wow u must be super lucky that day to find out .
Is there any test to detect for this ? As i only went for scan during stimming period .so is hard for them to detect it as they more focus on the lining and follicle sizes .
Yeah, but it took me 1 failed fresh and 2 failed FET :/

Other than the dye test to test the tubes, I think ultrasound scan could be the only way to find out? I guess my situation is damn serious - the cavity is filled with fluid :/

Hi hopingforamiracle,

Yes..so true! like i say they can only trial & error...really depends on luck too i guess! So i am trying to find out more what can help to up the chances for next try! $$$ exhausted haha...people don't know we spent so much $$ on these...cos its not physical items..! haiz...
IVF is like trial and error - the doc will give you the "general basic" 1st then slowly adjust the formula suited to your needs. So I guess if the doc asks you to whack eggs for better egg quality, just whack. I do have friends who don't really eat eggs and naturally, the yield is not so good and they blame everything (except themselves) for the failure :/

Hi shiro_ger,

But then hor, SIS result may not be 100% conclusive le. Through SIS, the doc told me have 3 small polyps when i went on to remove. And it's during the procedure then the doc realised those are not polyps but small growth lor. Anyway he went on to clear it for me as well. Like @towkayneo explained, SIS probably can check whether there is polyps or scarring. Ultimately it cannot conclude if there are issues with the eggs. Even if given a clear bill from SIS, it also doesn't guarantee a bfp coz it is about trial and error. If really want to rest the eggs, it will be pgd liao. But i think there are certain criteria and not cheap too. One of the ladies here ever shared her experience, maybe you want to look back to 3-4 pages ahead of this.

4th fresh no more govt grant, but if you have not max up the 15k, i think you can still charge part of the expenses to your medisave.

Hi shiro_ger,

There are many reason why ivf failed n most likely is the embryo quality n secondly the womb condition. If u want to do a thorough check inside your womb I suggest doing hysterscopy instead of sis. In Hysterscopy dr can clean up your womb if he find polyp or small fibroid when scanning.

If your womb got scarring Shouldn't u do surgery to fix it? Cos scarring can affect implantation. I have a fren whose scan showed lining got problem I can't remember what she said but she did surgery to correct it n after that BFP with twins.

U are very brave to make the decision to remove it. Need a lot courage to accept the fact that without tube u can only try ivf which is also not a guarantee.

If your womb got scarring Shouldn't u do surgery to fix it? Cos scarring can affect implantation. I have a fren whose scan showed lining got problem I can't remember what she said but she did surgery to correct it n after that BFP with twins.

Hi Bunny33, u have any idea where and what surgery ur fren do to correct the scarring . If u able to find out ,then will be the best for me to check with Dr tan next month when im back for review . He did ask me to try tcm to tiao my ovulation and weak ovary,But did not suggest any surgery to correct it .
Im afraid scarring is the main cause now :(

U are very brave to make the decision to remove it. Need a lot courage to accept the fact that without tube u can only try ivf which is also not a guarantee.
Actually I didn't think much about it la, maybe too fed up with BFNs so since want to go for IVF, might as well make it work. Rather than dangling in the air. Or it could be an article that gave me confidence - the main purpose of IVF is for women with tube problems..

Ur fren must be lucky.I went for hysteroscopy to remove scarring frm my asherman syndrome result frm d&c.went for hsg and Sis also.All cleared.No issues...still failed my 1st fresh cycle.Now goin for 2nd fresh soon.Hopefuly this time got better luck.praying harder....

Ur fren must be lucky.I went for hysteroscopy to remove scarring frm my asherman syndrome result frm d&c.went for hsg and Sis also.All cleared.No issues...still failed my 1st fresh cycle.Now goin for 2nd fresh soon.Hopefuly this time got better luck.praying harder....
Since the womb condition clears the bill, then you can work on the egg quality. Good luck!

Hi all! Any of you go to tcm at Thomson Chinese medicine? I have some extra mamagation duce (which the doctors usually prescribe) to give away. it's almost 2/3 a bottle. Any would like some? Can message me and we can figure out how I can pass it to you or mail to you.

Hi all! Any of you go to tcm at Thomson Chinese medicine? I have some extra mamagation duce (which the doctors usually prescribe) to give away. it's almost 2/3 a bottle. Any would like some? Can message me and we can figure out how I can pass it to you or mail to you.

Back