IVF/ICSI Support Group

Sorry for flooding this chat. Anyone knows at KKH, FET usually takes how long after a failed fresh cycle?

Wanna know how long to wait if I choose to put 1 and then it doesn't work out for me.

Sigh he so busy, just push the "Risks of Multiple Pregnancy" pamphlet to me and say we decide at ET k. Sounds like I'm going to make my decision only with my legs open again. Not that I'm blaming him but I also slow reaction type. I just wanted to know whether what he suggested is standard protocol. Lol, helps the decision-making a lot.

It's okay, I should be thankful enough I have sufficient embryos. Hope to catch your baby dust!! :)
Another consideration is the state or perceived quality of your blastocysts, your age, outcome of previous transfers and condition of your womb as well as health to support potential pregnancy with minimal complications. At the time of my last ET, I was in advance age at 38yo going to 39 very soon and have failed to bfp in previous 4 transfers of excellent grade day 2 embryos. So for my last FET which was also the first time we tried blastocysts, we thawed 5 embryos, 4 made it to day 5 but the embryologist advised that 2 of the best were one good blastocyst and one early blastocyst, the remaining will not be good enough to freeze. So transferring 2 made sense and my doc has always supported me going for the max no. allowed considering my age and my previous repeated failures. Also he believed my health & womb are in good condition in case to sustain a multiple pregnancy. Eventually I bfp with a singleton from that FET.
That said, ultimately the decision lies with you and your hubby after all the considerations.

Last edited:
Lol we 3 so sync up! So Saturday transfer right?

All the best to all our embies!! :)

I only heard during the briefing that only 36 and above can put 3. I don't want 3 but less than 2 sounds dangerous. Will think over it for the next few days.
Yay!! Sat et.. U got ask abt ur embryo grade? I ask him how many he will transfer.. He say 1.. I say huh cannot 2 ah.. He say he wan bring me go nicu walk 1 round.
Btw i nv lie down on bed wif leg open.. I was sitting on bed talking to my hb den he suddenly come in so we jus talk like tat

Yay!! Sat et.. U got ask abt ur embryo grade? I ask him how many he will transfer.. He say 1.. I say huh cannot 2 ah.. He say he wan bring me go nicu walk 1 round.
Btw i nv lie down on bed wif leg open.. I was sitting on bed talking to my hb den he suddenly come in so we jus talk like tat
I truly believe the risks are very real. But I read the pamphlet, striking twins is 25% for my age. I've never struck 4D before. Only once, won $60. Come to think of it, he sounded like he's letting me choose... Mb he's not v confident for my age striking with one.

Nurse keep asking me to lie down. Then when THH came in and tell me no need to do, I got up and they scared I fall off the bed, ask me lie down again. Ok lah, legs not open but definitely Scottish kilt style. Some more Aircon was blasting lor.

I truly believe the risks are very real. But I read the pamphlet, striking twins is 25% for my age. I've never struck 4D before. Only once, won $60. Come to think of it, he sounded like he's letting me choose... Mb he's not v confident for my age striking with one.

Nurse keep asking me to lie down. Then when THH came in and tell me no need to do, I got up and they scared I fall off the bed, ask me lie down again. Ok lah, legs not open but definitely Scottish kilt style. Some more Aircon was blasting lor.

At first i lie down den after awhile i cramp so i sit up.. Haha

Same mentality lor. Just "hantam" first. If more than 1 then come what may. But for my next one, i will think twice before deciding (provided can culture to blast after thaw).
I know cannot think straight with a full bladder. THH allowed me to empty half bladder while i was thinking. But when he came back, i still ask him "How ah". Power right?
actually many of us who failed more than 1 cycle will choose to put in 2 embryos de hahha. For me i have all along put in 2 and never blinked my eyes man. More the merrier especially for me, no results still. If i hit 37, i will put in 3. :D

Just get the call from TFC about my hcg. I will require to back retest on Friday as my hcg level was no high.
Anyone can give an idea if level 11 consider what?

A bit worry

hi ladies, am going for my egg transfer tomorrow! Can only put in one blastocyst as my uterus is smaller.

Do you ladies have any tips on what to do after egg transfer?

Cycle buddies, are you all starting the inserts now or tonight?
The nurse told me to put in in hospital so that I can walk ard for half hour while heading home.

Should start this morning. How many doses did they give you? Mine is 17 days so if yours is the same, start this morning.

actually many of us who failed more than 1 cycle will choose to put in 2 embryos de hahha. For me i have all along put in 2 and never blinked my eyes man. More the merrier especially for me, no results still. If i hit 37, i will put in 3. :D
Ya, precisely becos it's not totally dependent on embryo quality, so many other factors... Think about it, striking with 1 embryo, on my first attempt, at my age, what's the probability of that happening right? If sure strike, who will wanna take unnecessary risks... My hubby is inclined for 2. Seems like the consensus here as well.

Ya start today.. I haben put lei.. Haha
Faster put in, need 11 to 12 hours in btw doses. Unless you don't mind sleeping late tonight. :)

I think I'll start going for walks downstairs in the park. My place not big enough to walk for 15 min to half hour after the cronine is inserted. Haha.

hi ladies, am going for my egg transfer tomorrow! Can only put in one blastocyst as my uterus is smaller.

Do you ladies have any tips on what to do after egg transfer?
Waiting for replies to your question too haha... But I recall someone took chicken essence... I bought 24 bottles for standby already

Ya, precisely becos it's not totally dependent on embryo quality, so many other factors... Think about it, striking with 1 embryo, on my first attempt, at my age, what's the probability of that happening right? If sure strike, who will wanna take unnecessary risks... My hubby is inclined for 2. Seems like the consensus here as well.
aiya there are people who do de, you may be the lucky one but alot of people forgot IVF is a chance+numbers game as well. It is not easy as it seems to insert, implant and strike. hard lor!!

Waiting for replies to your question too haha... But I recall someone took chicken essence... I bought 24 bottles for standby already
Eat eggs, especially if at risk of ohss. Ohss is no joke. My tummy is so bloated! Today I went o&g to scan and the fluid is everywhere.

Got transfer bed?! I don't even recall and only woke up when they push me to lounge area hahaha

hahaha.. for me that time when I woke up I was already on the bed... then my hubby say I very funny... like mumbling something.. he even say I walk out to the bed myself. Which I totally have no memory I did anything at all.

hey i did a hysteroscopy before, but it wasnt for bleeding, it was to remove some scarring in my uterus as a result of d&c from mc. the dr put in a camera scope, found the scarring then inserted a microscissors and cut up the scarring.

if it's the same procedure, there is no GA, u will be fully awake and it's not painful, just abit uncomfortable since they will insert sth up ur cervix. can even see on the screen the inside of ur uterus!

just a 15 min procedure for me, go straight home after that.

Any HL or mc involved? Or shd be fit for work after that?

Faster put in, need 11 to 12 hours in btw doses. Unless you don't mind sleeping late tonight. :)

I think I'll start going for walks downstairs in the park. My place not big enough to walk for 15 min to half hour after the cronine is inserted. Haha.
I put le... Den i call my mom i keep walking ard the hse like siaolang.. After i end the call already pass 20min.. Hehe i store 3 chicken in fridge wan dbl boil chicken essence

@towkayneo the chicken essence is to drink after ET???
Chicken essence is just liquid protein with caramel...can drink after ET. If you want, can do a homemade chicken essence.

What exactly is BRAND'S® Essence of Chicken?

BRAND'S®Essence of Chicken is an all natural health food supplements that is made from extracts of fine quality chicken in an easily digestible form. It is hygienically processed in high temperature to give it a unique flavour and vacuum sealed to preserve its freshness. It's aready-to-drink product, free of fats and cholesterol and does not contain any preservatives.

Source: http://www.brandsworld.com.sg/FAQs/BRANDS-Essence-of-Chicken

Chicken essence is just liquid protein with caramel...can drink after ET. If you want, can do a homemade chicken essence.

BRAND'S®Essence of Chicken is an all natural health food supplements that is made from extracts of fine quality chicken in an easily digestible form. It is hygienically processed in high temperature to give it a unique flavour and vacuum sealed to preserve its freshness. It's aready-to-drink product, free of fats and cholesterol and does not contain any preservatives.

@towkayneo i should go stock up. hehehe :D thanks!

Lol... It did cross my mind that ok lah, we go for blastocysts like you suggested, whatever, but more importantly, can I go dress up and pee now?

Actually I'm the type Doctor says what, I do what. Some more my doctor's eyes quite nice and big, I just nodded to everything he said lol. Always forget to ask questions etc.

But u're right, I am more worried about BFN than twins. Tho seriously speaking, I have problems finding someone to take care of 1 baby, let alone 2. Most impt is the development, if twins are healthy and well-developed, mummy get whatsoever side effects also don't mind.

I would put two lor cos I am more concern on bfn than having twins. How old are u and is this your first cycle? These are determining factor.

I saw eu yen Seng put 100% chicken Essence, no caramel. Not sure if it's better? Took it for my previous FET

Thank you, Cen. I didn't do much. Just eat healthily, sleep a lot, try to occupy myself. And this time I have herbs from TSB lol. I was home alone most of the time, hubby working and we didn't tell parents.
I also go to TSB and had her herbs. heh everything sounds like me, I also didn't tell my parents but had my hubby ard sometimes cos his working hrs are flexi. I also just read books and go supermkt n cook a bit for myself, so don't know what went wrong this time. Mayb I walk too much.
Hope for better luck next round.!
I'm seeing TSB next week, curious what she will say since I fail under Dr Tan HH. I also tried to ask her once how's my body condition because I never get inputs fr her. But I dunno isit she didn't hear me or she jus ignore but she didn't answer me, I feedback to my hubby think she's not helpful for me..sigh see how! I wanna try acu to prep for next round since it's the only thing I haven't tried so far.

I also go to TSB and had her herbs. heh everything sounds like me, I also didn't tell my parents but had my hubby ard sometimes cos his working hrs are flexi. I also just read books and go supermkt n cook a bit for myself, so don't know what went wrong this time. Mayb I walk too much.
Hope for better luck next round.!
I'm seeing TSB next week, curious what she will say since I fail under Dr Tan HH. I also tried to ask her once how's my body condition because I never get inputs fr her. But I dunno isit she didn't hear me or she jus ignore but she didn't answer me, I feedback to my hubby think she's not helpful for me..sigh see how! I wanna try acu to prep for next round since it's the only thing I haven't tried so far.
Gotta keep trying! We all do our best.

I'm also seeing her next week.

I saw eu yen Seng put 100% chicken Essence, no caramel. Not sure if it's better? Took it for my previous FET
Yup! Could be better

Eu Yan Sang Essence of Chicken is the only Essence of Chicken in Singapore that does not contain caramel colouring. Caramel colouring has shown a positive association with risk of hypertension or high blood pressure!

Just get the call from TFC about my hcg. I will require to back retest on Friday as my hcg level was no high.
Anyone can give an idea if level 11 consider what?

A bit worry

Actually means that you are pregnant, just that the HcG level is not high. Hopefully the re-test will double or triple in numbers.

Back