IVF/ICSI Support Group

When I did the 2nd fresh ivf, Sgh doctor suggested I try the blastgen which is a type of medium for the eggs n sperm to fertilize. Not a medication to be eaten. It was relatively new still for Singapore last nov. It is supposed to help in implantation. I got bfp. I believe amongst other reasons (like yoga n healthy lifestyles) this blastgen is another factor for bfp.

You can try to ask if your ivf centre uses this new product.
Thanks kitty16 for sharing.

I have checked with kkh, they are not using blastgen or embryogen :(

Hi all... Anyone bought DHEA from iherb? Is that any problems as i read on the iherb that
Restrictions
  • The supplement DHEA and products containing poppy seeds are not allowed to be imported into Singapore.

Anyone can advise??
You cant get it on sale in singapore pharmacies. But u can get it from doctor (eg kk hospital and some ivf clinics) or u can get it online from iherb

Hi all... Anyone bought DHEA from iherb? Is that any problems as i read on the iherb that
Restrictions
  • The supplement DHEA and products containing poppy seeds are not allowed to be imported into Singapore.

Anyone can advise??
Hi hi.. I ordered before in fact quite recently from iherb and I don't hv that problem.

Any sisters here has been to Dr Zou's clinic lately? Was wondering if she is back from her CNY break, been calling her shop for past 2 days but cannot get through the line

Usually they will be away for 2-3 weeks during CNY. The substitute Doctor Shld be around in the day. Mayb you can try on next working day

Me too... I be returning eggs today .... Good Luck ladies.... During IVF, the key is to relax, what is meant to be, it will be.... Good Luck!

Hi yoyo returning eggs will be after birth or after positive test result? I tot of returning eggs when it's full month. Not sure if it's the right way

Hi ladies, I've just started my ivf cycle. I went for an appt at KKIVF on my 2nd day period (full flow). Did my 1st puregon jab first thing next morning. But funny enough my period stopped on that day (3rd day of period). I've never experience this before. I have regular period every month. Any of you had this problem before?

Hi ladies, I've just started my ivf cycle. I went for an appt at KKIVF on my 2nd day period (full flow). Did my 1st puregon jab first thing next morning. But funny enough my period stopped on that day (3rd day of period). I've never experience this before. I have regular period every month. Any of you had this problem before?

I tot first stimm jab usually starts on day 6-7 of cycle. I had longer flow than usual and I was on orgalutran from CD2-6. Which type of cycle r u on? Isit antagonist?

Hi Ladies, I just joined this forum. Have gained a lot of valuable info on ivf from all your post. I am currently in 2ww on my 5th IUI attempt. Not having too high hope since I have not succeded in the past few rounds but still wanna give it one last try before embarking on the journey of Ivf. My Gynae advised to start me on ivf in my next cycle if I did not succeed in this Iui. As this is my first time, I have some concerns especially on the ability to take leave for the frequent scans and tests. I am also not sure when I need to take leave to be away. Any advise from the sisters here on what the schedule is like for ivf? When do I need to take leave etc? My Gynae said to do blood test on day 2. Then go back again on day 21 for the result and probably start me on some medicine for 2 weeks. Will there be any discomfort during these 2 weeks while on medicine? How about the stimm period? Will there be much discomfort? Sorry for so many questions as I need to know when is the best period I should start my ivf cycle.

Hi yoyo returning eggs will be after birth or after positive test result? I tot of returning eggs when it's full month. Not sure if it's the right way
Emmie, I pray for successful IVF and smooth pregnancy. So I returned the red eggs on the day of full mth.

Hi Ladies, I just joined this forum. Have gained a lot of valuable info on ivf from all your post. I am currently in 2ww on my 5th IUI attempt. Not having too high hope since I have not succeded in the past few rounds but still wanna give it one last try before embarking on the journey of Ivf. My Gynae advised to start me on ivf in my next cycle if I did not succeed in this Iui. As this is my first time, I have some concerns especially on the ability to take leave for the frequent scans and tests. I am also not sure when I need to take leave to be away. Any advise from the sisters here on what the schedule is like for ivf? When do I need to take leave etc? My Gynae said to do blood test on day 2. Then go back again on day 21 for the result and probably start me on some medicine for 2 weeks. Will there be any discomfort during these 2 weeks while on medicine? How about the stimm period? Will there be much discomfort? Sorry for so many questions as I need to know when is the best period I should start my ivf cycle.

Hi hi, Based on my experience during the stimming period of around 2 weeks usually go back for 2-4 visits to see dr for scans to monitor the follicle growth. I have done 3 ivfs, 1st round I went back 4 times before dr says it was time to trigger and then do ER. My 3rd ivf I only went for 2 scans with dr and he says can trigger already. So it really depends what the dr advises.

Discomfort during the stimming period? 1st and 2nd ivf I was in so much pain and couldn't really walk in the last few days and I was bloated like I was 6 months pregnant. 3rd ivf I was still going to the gym for yoga and using the threadmill and I felt great thoughout. Not much bloating. Even though my dose was pretty high. So again based on my own experiences, my body reacted totally differently during the different ivfs.

All the best!

Dear ladies,

First of all, congrats to those BFP recently!
My AF is going to due on coming Wed and I have got some light brown discharge/spotting on and off since yesterday (Sat). I wish it is not going to be real AF but something good (best) instead, so still I put on some hope. If too bad... then we will start on IVF cycle.
My TTC journey...
Oct 2012 - Start on TTC ing (32-yr-old)
May 2014 - BFP, fibroids detected
Jun 2014 - MC and D&C
Aug 2014 - Lap. to remove fibroids
Dec 2015 - SO-IUI#1, BFN (35-yr-old)

Currently I am taking:
1. Royal Jelly in soft gels, early in the morning, to improve eggs quality (since Jan)
2. BCWG prenatal multivits, daily (taking GNC brand previously and switch to BCWG since Jan)
3. Raspberry leaf tea (CD1 to ovulation)
4. Red dates longans tea / red beans soup alternately (I sweeten it with dried longans and drink the soup only as dislike the beans)

I would like to seek your kind thoughts on below few things:
1. Is bird nest help on eggs quality / implantation?
2. When Immunocal / Ensure milk should be consumed and how they help?
3. When should I start consuming 4-6 egg whites per day and when to stop?
And what are other fertility-foods that help in IVF?

Appreciate and thanks for your kind input.
KEEP FIGHTING ladies!

Last edited:
Hi Jean,
U pregnant and detect pregnancy but remove fibroids? It affected ur pregnancies?
Hi ylgoh,
I found out the fibroids only during the first ultrasound scan after +ve HPT. The pregnancy only lasted for 2-3 weeks. As there were multiple fibroids with the largest measured 8 cm, Dr SF Loh advised to remove. Yes, fibroids may affect pregnancy, I think it depends on the size and position of growth as well.

Hi Jean,
I also have multiple fibroids the largest is 6cm. During my last pregnancy gynea didn't ask for remove even after give birth. Just during pregnancy one of the fibroids growth till 10cm big.
This time round when about to proceed Ivf prof Wong ask me to decide whether to remove as both decision have pros n cons. After discussion with my gynea decided not to remove.

Hi ladies with dr Zou at amk, do u all continue acupuncture after ET?

I was scare of needles and always get tense even though it's not that painful so I didn't go acupuncture after ET. Best effect will be within 2hrs after ET and one more time thereafter which I can't Rem dr Zou told me when.

Dear ladies,

First of all, congrats to those BFP recently!
My AF is going to due on coming Wed and I have got some light brown discharge/spotting on and off since yesterday (Sat). I wish it is not going to be real AF but something good (best) instead, so still I put on some hope. If too bad... then we will start on IVF cycle.
My TTC journey...
Oct 2012 - Start on TTC ing (32-yr-old)
May 2014 - BFP, fibroids detected
Jun 2014 - MC and D&C
Aug 2014 - Lap. to remove fibroids
Dec 2015 - SO-IUI#1, BFN (35-yr-old)

Currently I am taking:
1. Royal Jelly in soft gels, early in the morning, to improve eggs quality (since Jan)
2. BCWG prenatal multivits, daily (taking GNC brand previously and switch to BCWG since Jan)
3. Raspberry leaf tea (CD1 to ovulation)
4. Red dates longans tea / red beans soup alternately (I sweeten it with dried longans and drink the soup only as dislike the beans)

I would like to seek your kind thoughts on below few things:
1. Is bird nest help on eggs quality / implantation?
2. When Immunocal / Ensure milk should be consumed and how they help?
3. When should I start consuming 4-6 egg whites per day and when to stop?
And what are other fertility-foods that help in IVF?

Appreciate and thanks for your kind input.
KEEP FIGHTING ladies!

U can try taking Brazil nuts and eggs throughout the cycle.

I only recorded the food I ate during my 2ww. Hope this link helps
https://wannabemum2015.wordpress.com/2015/11/21/nutritional-food-during-2ww/

I was scare of needles and always get tense even though it's not that painful so I didn't go acupuncture after ET. Best effect will be within 2hrs after ET and one more time thereafter which I can't Rem dr Zou told me when.
Oh how to do within 2 hrs of ET? Did u do after your ET?

Actually the best thing to do after ET is to go home, relax and sleep, cos the embryos need to be in a settled state before they start the implantation.

I see Dr Seah at Thomson TCM. There were two previous cycles where I did acupuncture after ET on same day as managed to arrange with Dr Seah. However she also said before that it is not absolutely necessary to do it on ET day but would recommend one session within 5 days after ET and another one within 5-7days. For my bfp cycle, I had my first post ET acupuncture on a Monday which was 3 days after ET on Friday. Actually I find it more relaxing to go home to sleep or just chill after ET like what Towkayneo said.
Also after ET usually acupuncture not on the tummy area but will be on other sites like hands, legs, ears and head areas. Dr Seah seldom use back unless for regulating abnormal cycles or for treating kidney Qi but will not use acupuncture on back area after ET to avoid over stimulation.

I see Dr Seah at Thomson TCM. There were two previous cycles where I did acupuncture after ET on same day as managed to arrange with Dr Seah. However she also said before that it is not absolutely necessary to do it on ET day but would recommend one session within 5 days after ET and another one within 5-7days. For my bfp cycle, I had my first post ET acupuncture on a Monday which was 3 days after ET on Friday. Actually I find it more relaxing to go home to sleep or just chill after ET like what Towkayneo said.
Also after ET usually acupuncture not on the tummy area but will be on other sites like hands, legs, ears and head areas. Dr Seah seldom use back unless for regulating abnormal cycles or for treating kidney Qi but will not use acupuncture on back area after ET to avoid over stimulation.
I see.. Are u with Tmc? I find that it will be a hassle for me to travel from Nuh to amk just for the acupuncture after ET. Maybe I should just go home or take up the Tmc acupuncture at Nuh.

Anyway so for your 2 cycles which u did accu on the same day after your ET, did u BFP? As for your current BFP cycle, how many sessions of accu did u do post ET?

My BFP ended in a nightmare... It's ectopic on the left tube and thinking it would just leave quietly... I ended up going for and emergency key hole surgery to remove it else my tube would rupture.... :( Don't think I will stand a chance to conceive. ...

ET is just a procedure tt is not very painful so if ET is in the morning Mayb can go accupunture in the afternoon when Dr Zou is around.

I definitely din go cos I always get goosebumps when I see needles yet I still conceive twins without accupunture after ET. :)

Last edited:
My BFP ended in a nightmare... It's ectopic on the left tube and thinking it would just leave quietly... I ended up going for and emergency key hole surgery to remove it else my tube would rupture.... :( Don't think I will stand a chance to conceive. ...
Sorry to hear about that odie24. Stay strong and take care! Hugs...

I see.. Are u with Tmc? I find that it will be a hassle for me to travel from Nuh to amk just for the acupuncture after ET. Maybe I should just go home or take up the Tmc acupuncture at Nuh.

Anyway so for your 2 cycles which u did accu on the same day after your ET, did u BFP? As for your current BFP cycle, how many sessions of accu did u do post ET?
I started tcm acupuncture with Dr Seah since Jan 2015 after failing first fresh cycle and have never stopped even between Ivf cycles while I went on to have 2 fresh cycles and 2 FETs. I didn't get bfp for the 2 cycles where I did acupuncture on same day as ET though. I feel the sessions prior to ET are actually helpful and important as they condition your health and affect ovarian & uterine health which in turn affect egg quality & lining quality. Post ET sessions I think I had average of 2-3 sessions before BT as it depends on length of 2ww whether you transfer day 2/3 embryos vs day 5 blastocysts.

Sorry that you had to go through this painful ordeal. Still do stay strong and don't give up. I do know ladies who still went on to try and did conceive successfully after ectopic pregnancy. Now most important is to nurse back your health and heal mentally and emotionally as well. Please take good care and I hope you will try again when you feel ready.

Hi, any KKH sisters here done FET before? I'm left with 3 frozen. Unsure abt the procedure, cost, what food intake to thicken lining; when to start thinking such food and 3 frozen is a Low number right? Becos none might survive the defrost. Appreciate any advice.

Don't give up. I have ectopic twice. Ivf is suitable for us. Ectopic means implantation is successful just at the wrong spot. The next round will be better.

Hi, why do u say 3 is a low number? I have 3 too! And planning to transfer 2. Don't give up!
Cos my egg retrieval no. Is always bad. My first cycle I have none to freeze. Second cycle only 3 to freeze. I see others have a lot and I thought the survival rate to for defrost is 50% so that means I might end up with 1 or none. Pls correct me if my thinking is wrong, very unprepared for FET. Also anyone know when is KKIVF closing again?

Cos my egg retrieval no. Is always bad. My first cycle I have none to freeze. Second cycle only 3 to freeze. I see others have a lot and I thought the survival rate to for defrost is 50% so that means I might end up with 1 or none. Pls correct me if my thinking is wrong, very unprepared for FET. Also anyone know when is KKIVF closing again?
I also don't have much eggs retrieved. But I heard the defrost survival rate is 95% so don't give up. Your eggs are frozen at which day?

Hi, if u are referring to Mar ivf cycle, the block out dates will be from 11 to 15 Mar.

I also don't have much eggs retrieved. But I heard the defrost survival rate is 95% so don't give up. Your eggs are frozen at which day?
95% sound great! Hope to be able to transfer two. I'm unsure when they are frozen should be D3 or so becos D2 I did transfer and they said its under observation. When do U intend to do FeT? Medicated or natural?

Any bfp experience that go accupuncture during stimm n er n et under Dr. Zou AMK? Coz, understand that other accupuncture poke the whole body including head, ear, hand but Dr.Zou only poke tummy n leg n back. After after a few sessions of accup, i started to feel pain pain here n there when she poke on my tummy n leg. A few times when she poke me on my leg i feel a sec of numb.

Any bfp experience that go accupuncture during stimm n er n et under Dr. Zou AMK? Coz, understand that other accupuncture poke the whole body including head, ear, hand but Dr.Zou only poke tummy n leg n back. After after a few sessions of accup, i started to feel pain pain here n there when she poke on my tummy n leg. A few times when she poke me on my leg i feel a sec of numb.
Actually tummy and leg are the common areas used. My tcm doc (not Dr Zou) also uses these areas during stim period or between cycles. However for after ET sessions, she prefers not to use tummy and back area. If she needs to use back area for first part of the session after ET, she doesn't use needles but will use indirect methods like moxi (like heat from thick incenses circling near the back but not touching). Otherwise she will use hands, legs, ears for post ET sessions. She also mentions that the body has various points to treat the same purpose just that it would be the physician's preference and expertise to use which ones. Pain is partly dependent on individual's threshold for pain and numbing feeling is sometimes expected for certain acupoints which means it is poked correctly. If in doubt can try to ask your physician.

Hi gals,
I took 5 days of Lentrozle and sadly found no follicles growing. Now on 2nd day of GonalF injection. Tomorrow gg for scan again. Hope for better news tmr. Thinking of it is so depressing.

Restrictions

Anyone can advise??
Hi wondersss, I bought dhea from iherb and there's no problem getting into here

Back