IVF/ICSI Support Group

Trying to do that :)

Saw from Internet that ppl do puregon first then by oraglaturan. Dunno y I was asked to do opp way.

Hi I have done oraglaturan first too... Than on the next scan than start doing Puregon...
If I didn't remember wrongly, they was saying the linning was not good to start Puregon....

Hi ladies, for those who did IVF with Dr Loh at TFC, may I know what is the final cost of your entire IVF procedure?

His website says that his IVF package is $8,599 (Inc 7% GST), but I am sure that is just the bare min and the cost defers from people to people. So would like to know eventually on average how much does it cost for the entire procedure for you ladies?
Mine was about 14k+?

hi
jus wanna encourage all to jia you! I did mine 2 years ago and my kid is nw 1 yr already.

yes, do take more avocado shakes/avocados/ eat red bean soup nearer before ET to build up lining and rest well after ET. jia you jia you

Reactions: pbb
Hi ladies, for those who did IVF with Dr Loh at TFC, may I know what is the final cost of your entire IVF procedure?

His website says that his IVF package is $8,599 (Inc 7% GST), but I am sure that is just the bare min and the cost defers from people to people. So would like to know eventually on average how much does it cost for the entire procedure for you ladies?

Mine ranges from 12 to 14k plus. The cost of med depends on your dosage.

Hi Rachelstarz, don't worry too much. It's just a tweak in protocol. As I understand, some doc start Orgulatran earlier so as to suppress the LH hormone at earlier stage. This will ensure that follicle growth is mostly influenced by the FSH stim med (ie Puregon in your case) and not interfered by your body's natural LH, thus enhancing the uniformity of your follicle & egg size across all the follicles. LH can influence growth rate of follicles and can cause less uniform growth in the stimulation process.
Make sure you have balanced healthy diet while taking more protein rich foods, have adequate hydration and ample rest. All the best! Jia you!

Thanks for the information, feel much better to hear it

Hi any one can share for kkh on the day of blood test, after the nurse taken our blood what is the next step? Stay there and wait for result? Got to see dr?

After blood test, the nurse will advise that they will call you after ~3hrs.
If it's positive, you need to go back and collect medication.

In my case, they called in ~1hr. I guess it depends on the laboratory workload.

Trying to do that :)

Saw from Internet that ppl do puregon first then by oraglaturan. Dunno y I was asked to do opp way.

I started with Orgalutran as well, followed by Menopur and then both.
It yields 1 growing follicle (16mm) for ER. Remaining 4 are 10mm or smaller.
I pinned all my hopes on that 1 follicle which turned out to be mature enough for fertilization.

Stay positive and all the best to the ladies out there.

Last edited:
Hi everyone..

Ive been following this forum and find it very informative..Ive jus ended my 2ww and got a BFP on mon for my 1st cycle but was informed that my hcg level is low (92 to be exact. ) i was prescribed a week supply of dydrogesterone and i was told to do another blood test today,which decreased to 88.1...

Im scheduled for another blood test on fri and ive googled only to read abt possible miscarry..

Is there any way i can hv a successful pregnancy even wit a decreasing hcg level..?

Hi everyone i would Like to update regarding my previous post and a heads up to those who might be in e same situation as me,

Ever since 25th jan,Ive been gg for hcg blood test every week and im so glad that after the slight drop in hcg (2nd bld test), it has been doubling up constantly..!!! Now its 5777!!! Went for DDII scan twice and was confirmed that etopic was ruled out.!!! Thank God..! A small sac was detected but will hv to do another follow up on fri.. Jus hoping that this preg will maintain and go on smoothly...fingers cross.!!

For those gg thru the 2ww, or starting the ivf cycle, pls stay strong.!!!! No doubt It is very challenging but we have to stay positive and take care of ourselves...!! ;)

Hi everyone i would Like to update regarding my previous post and a heads up to those who might be in e same situation as me,

Ever since 25th jan,Ive been gg for hcg blood test every week and im so glad that after the slight drop in hcg (2nd bld test), it has been doubling up constantly..!!! Now its 5777!!! Went for DDII scan twice and was confirmed that etopic was ruled out.!!! Thank God..! A small sac was detected but will hv to do another follow up on fri.. Jus hoping that this preg will maintain and go on smoothly...fingers cross.!!

For those gg thru the 2ww, or starting the ivf cycle, pls stay strong.!!!! No doubt It is very challenging but we have to stay positive and take care of ourselves...!! ;)
Congrats!! this is really amazing but quite a frightening experience. V happy for you. Wishing you a smooth and healthy 9 months preg! :)

Congrats!!!! :)

If it drop then go for the BT in another 2 days time, it should keep on doubling every time u do the BT. That means it's a viable pregnancy. If it doesn't, then it's not viable - in my humble opinion, it's good to know early than late - I wan a healthy pregnancy if u know what I mean.... Don't wan to be happy at the good news then have it taken away from me later on...

If it drop then go for the BT in another 2 days time, it should keep on doubling every time u do the BT. That means it's a viable pregnancy. If it doesn't, then it's not viable - in my humble opinion, it's good to know early than late - I wan a healthy pregnancy if u know what I mean.... Don't wan to be happy at the good news then have it taken away from me later on...

Yes tats right.. The doc said tat e drop may be due to vanishing twin since i had 2 embryo transfered and only 1 yolk sac found.. Will have to see the progression since im still in e 1st trimester.. Hoping it will be viable and Time will tell..

Hi All

I am thinking to do IVF after my 3rd iui..able to recommend which govt hospitals is good and its doctors? Thanks in advance....

Dear sistas, sorry to msg u so abruptly but I see that some of u seems really experience n active here n I am so new here that I dunno where to get my answers. Not sure if u can help me out.

I m gg for my ET Tmr with only 1 satisfactory embryo. (Kinda disappointed, this is my 2nd fresh ivf cycle). I want to really work on boosting the implantation. What should I do?

Thx in advance

*feeling desperate

Hi ladies.
I was active here around march last year, when I went for one cycle of IVF that was unsuccessful.

It was quite disappointing not only because of the failure but also because of diagnosis of "poor egg quality" and "polycystic ovaries". Doctor suggested I try one more time with smaller doses of stimulation (because of hyper-stimulation last time). But I decided that I don't want to go through it again and instead focused on staying healthy and positive and trying to conceive naturally.

And it happened!! About 9 month after the end of the cycle. So those of you who tasted the grieve of the IVF failure, don't give up.

Sometimes the things that we want so desperately happen not the way we want it by some other way.
I wish you all the best.

Lititia congrats and I'm on the same boat as you somehow. I thought ivf is the only way as I already hit 42 during my ivf year. After my failed ivf procedures, KKH ivf doc didn't even encourage me to attempt the 3rd time but suggested for me to try donor eggs overseas. Me and hubby decided we would end the "battle" there and focus our time and money on ourselves just two of us. I conceived naturally at 43 without planning.

The one above works in his amazing ways. Mostly importantly, have faith in whichever avenue you're trying for that baby goal. I believe everything has its timing. All the best.

Hi ladies.
I was active here around march last year, when I went for one cycle of IVF that was unsuccessful.

It was quite disappointing not only because of the failure but also because of diagnosis of "poor egg quality" and "polycystic ovaries". Doctor suggested I try one more time with smaller doses of stimulation (because of hyper-stimulation last time). But I decided that I don't want to go through it again and instead focused on staying healthy and positive and trying to conceive naturally.

And it happened!! About 9 month after the end of the cycle. So those of you who tasted the grieve of the IVF failure, don't give up.

Sometimes the things that we want so desperately happen not the way we want it by some other way.
I wish you all the best.
Congrats to you!! :)

Dear sistas, sorry to msg u so abruptly but I see that some of u seems really experience n active here n I am so new here that I dunno where to get my answers. Not sure if u can help me out.

I m gg for my ET Tmr with only 1 satisfactory embryo. (Kinda disappointed, this is my 2nd fresh ivf cycle). I want to really work on boosting the implantation. What should I do?

Thx in advance

*feeling desperate

Hi wishforbundleofjoy,

If only I knew the secret to boosting the implantation. :D:D

My second round of ivf the doc couldn't even retrieve any embryo cos apparently I ovulated already even though I had the suprefact shot exactly 36 hours ago.:( Total disaster for me.

So one egg whatever grade it is, there is still hope:)

All the best!

Hi all... Anyone bought DHEA from iherb? Is that any problems as i read on the iherb that
Restrictions
  • The supplement DHEA and products containing poppy seeds are not allowed to be imported into Singapore.

Anyone can advise??

Hi wishforbundleofjoy,

If only I knew the secret to boosting the implantation. :D:D

My second round of ivf the doc couldn't even retrieve any embryo cos apparently I ovulated already even though I had the suprefact shot exactly 36 hours ago.:( Total disaster for me.

So one egg whatever grade it is, there is still hope:)

All the best!

Thanks for your encouragement. Are you gg for another attempt? My second compared to my first seems far worse. If this fails, I doubt third cycle will be promising too: (

Thanks for your encouragement. Are you gg for another attempt? My second compared to my first seems far worse. If this fails, I doubt third cycle will be promising too: (

hi wishforbundleofjoy, I happen to see one sista mentioning about blastgen and embryogen. Maybe you can check with your doc on this new technology?? http://globalivf.com/2015/06/26/blastgen-ivf-new-hope-for-failed-ivf/

“BlastGen is the latest IVF technology giving hope to women who have had numerous failed IVF procedures in the past. It works by a signaling molecule called GM-CSF. This molecule is found naturally in a mother’s uterus. It protects the embryo from stress, allowing it to implant.”

Lititia congrats and I'm on the same boat as you somehow. I thought ivf is the only way as I already hit 42 during my ivf year. After my failed ivf procedures, KKH ivf doc didn't even encourage me to attempt the 3rd time but suggested for me to try donor eggs overseas. Me and hubby decided we would end the "battle" there and focus our time and money on ourselves just two of us. I conceived naturally at 43 without planning.

The one above works in his amazing ways. Mostly importantly, have faith in whichever avenue you're trying for that baby goal. I believe everything has its timing. All the best.

Congratulations, redvel!! Sooooo happy to hear that you finally got pregnant naturally!!! I am a silent reader to this forum so you may not know me but I know you have been sharing your experience in this forum. It's great to hear good news and thank you for your encouragement. Your words do inspire us not to give up irregardless of age and obstacles. Hope all of us quickly BFP!!!

@wishforbundleofjoy
This is my 3rd ivf. My first was a bfp but it ended up as a CP. Cried buckets days after I was celebrating my bfp. 2nd ivf was a disaster as you know.

Now I am onto my 3rd ivf and now in my 2ww just like you :):):). This time round my embies were more well behaved and better than 1st ivf.

Don't give up;) I'm still hoping for twins:):D:)l

Hi Ladies, I am thinking of going to Private hospital for my FET as SGH is undergoing reno till Aug.... Don't wan to waste my time waiting and also hope to have a change of doc for better luck ....

Is there any good private IVF doc to recommend? still have frozen embryos in sgh, so intend to transfer over to the private hospital.

Appreciate if there is any good recommendations. Thanks!

@wishforbundleofjoy
This is my 3rd ivf. My first was a bfp but it ended up as a CP. Cried buckets days after I was celebrating my bfp. 2nd ivf was a disaster as you know.

Now I am onto my 3rd ivf and now in my 2ww just like you :):):). This time round my embies were more well behaved and better than 1st ivf.

Don't give up;) I'm still hoping for twins:):D:)l
Happy for you.. let's jiayou tog during this 2ww. I just completed my ET (still resting at hospital) while typing this. I had a CP during my first too, buckets in pots all came handy for my tears. This time round, I felt I might achieve worst result than first. Only a 5-cell embryo.. I m devastated since I started Googling right after the procedure with husband beside but I am still trying to be positive. Really starting to cry inside liao.

hi wishforbundleofjoy, I happen to see one sista mentioning about blastgen and embryogen. Maybe you can check with your doc on this new technology?? http://globalivf.com/2015/06/26/blastgen-ivf-new-hope-for-failed-ivf/

“BlastGen is the latest IVF technology giving hope to women who have had numerous failed IVF procedures in the past. It works by a signaling molecule called GM-CSF. This molecule is found naturally in a mother’s uterus. It protects the embryo from stress, allowing it to implant.”
Thx dear for the link. At this moment, I hv to leave to leave it to fate liao. If it is meant to be, it is meant to be. I kinda decided n told Dh that I will give up trying after 2nd (if fail). *keeping fingers crossed

:):):)
Happy for you.. let's jiayou tog during this 2ww. I just completed my ET (still resting at hospital) while typing this. I had a CP during my first too, buckets in pots all came handy for my tears. This time round, I felt I might achieve worst result than first. Only a 5-cell embryo.. I m devastated since I started Googling right after the procedure with husband beside but I am still trying to be positive. Really starting to cry inside liao.
@wishforbundleofjoy aiyoh don't cry don't cry....TGIF. Your husband so nice accompany you some more. He is so patient. I went for ER/ET alone hahaha and just slept the whole time on the bed:D

I am meeting friends today for dinner and some laughs and take my mind off this:):)

Hugs sister ;):):cool:

:):):)
@wishforbundleofjoy aiyoh don't cry don't cry....TGIF. Your husband so nice accompany you some more. He is so patient. I went for ER/ET alone hahaha and just slept the whole time on the bed:D

I am meeting friends today for dinner and some laughs and take my mind off this:):)

Hugs sister ;):):cool:
You are independent sister, so strong of u. Hugs*

Ya, you n your embies need some laughs. Hv a great time.. you deserve it.

:p

Any sisters here has been to Dr Zou's clinic lately? Was wondering if she is back from her CNY break, been calling her shop for past 2 days but cannot get through the line

Ladies can drink this to improve ur linning

Attachments

• 1455887070672.jpg
    1455887070672.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 209
Dear sistas,
I will go for 2nd Ivf procedure. My first was successful and now my gal was 26 months.
I do not have any frozen embies only one embryo transferred that time. I was retrieved 9 eggs only one embryo success.
Hopefully this time I can have a smooth process as well.

Back