IVF/ICSI Support Group

Takes to hands to clap, anyway seems a 3rd doc, Dr Chen from Chong Pang saw her today (for outside of circle options) suspect too is the hormones and given her medication. Not to say anything but each doc will have each view and i respect that too, not getting a successful case may make them sad also.

Being a hubby of cos i have to do my part too as this journey is very stressful on the mrs after 3 different cycle, she is sick of being poke and drain of blood always i see liao also dam heart pain. Thus am seeking at least an inicationwhere is wrong so we can mend that area first

Actually have you thought about it - if you seek 2nd or 3rd opinion, you might be even more confused cos different docs have different views and perhaps you have to undergo endless of tests which are both painful to the flesh and wallet? My question thrown to you is, since you already think that there is something wrong, are you just waiting for a doctor to confirm and say ""Yes, I think there is something wrong with you/your wife and that is affecting your plans"?

I guess if your doc, THH, KKH and TTSH have already given the a all-clear, this should not be something you should worried about - remember my previous statement which you liked ""These docs don't study medicine for nothing, you know"

IVF is something not guaranteed. It's more of a program tailor-made to every individual woman. The doc just has to find the magic formula for you. Cannot just give up after one or two tries - not fair to the doc, not fair to your wife.

I am under THH too and I feel very fortunate to have him as my doc guiding me through the darkness.

Actually have you thought about it - if you seek 2nd or 3rd opinion, you might be even more confused cos different docs have different views and perhaps you have to undergo endless of tests which are both painful to the flesh and wallet? My question thrown to you is, since you already think that there is something wrong, are you just waiting for a doctor to confirm and say ""Yes, I think there is something wrong with you/your wife and that is affecting your plans"?

I guess if your doc, THH, KKH and TTSH have already given the a all-clear, this should not be something you should worried about - remember my previous statement which you liked ""These docs don't study medicine for nothing, you know"

IVF is something not guaranteed. It's more of a program tailor-made to every individual woman. The doc just has to find the magic formula for you. Cannot just give up after one or two tries - not fair to the doc, not fair to your wife.

I am under THH too and I feel very fortunate to have him as my doc guiding me through the darkness.

Agree TKN, personally will prefer the approach if there is a problem let's investigate that problem and plug that issue first.
Also know IVF is not 100% possible too this i know too and per mentioned i respect the doc decision too.

Hey dont give up, go for another round of IVF. I went for my first IVF review after BFN, and doc said during egg transfer he noticed a polyp which he said cld hve hindered with my implantation. So he suggested doing day surgery to remove and back on 2nd IVF. Am going for day surgery this friday. Next week i shd be starting all my IVF protocols. NUH is closing for reno from Mar till June, so i dont wana wait tat long, already so old 38 this year. 2 more years of IVF support from government.
All the best for you and yr Mrs. Keep trying and be positive.
Dear Wanbaby,

May I ask how much is the govt. subsidy per IVF cycle and roughly how much cash you still need to fork out after Medisave deduction, if under NUH? Thanks.

Hi towkayneo. . thanks for your reply! your nick looks familiar :) I was in the forum Ard 2013 period.

it's thin lining lor... 6.8mm during natural FET and 6.7mm for the medicated FET. . I was even on patches sia.

I saw someone recommending the Yeo's black soybean drink but I can't find at NTUC.. so I bought regular soymilk.. thanks for the tips :)

I tink mr bean soy bean milk is Gd too

Did your wife test for prolactin in her blood test prior to ivf? High prolactin could be a hindering issue or it could also just be undue stress.

Raffles Hospital detected her homones are high due to the "homones generator" in the head, where the body will think is already preggy the other (which kk say no issue and neuro from ttsh say no issue) the other is her family got history of thalassemia but shoudl be mild as i do not see it since day 1 i knew her

Hi, can anyone share if you have done hysteroscopy before embarking on ivf?
Is it a routine check at your clinic from what you know?

Hi jenlam15,

Doctor said it is not menses bleeding but pregnancy bleeding. I am pregnant but she said it is not a good pregnancy. Next week going back for another blood test and if hcg still increasing slowly then will have to do scanning to determine the problem. I'm not sad just that felt loss cos there's no answer and it is just waiting and waiting.
My hcg level increased slowly as well. In the end, I conceived and delivered a pair of twins!

Don't panic or stress yourself .

Agree TKN, personally will prefer the approach if there is a problem let's investigate that problem and plug that issue first.
Also know IVF is not 100% possible too this i know too and per mentioned i respect the doc decision too.

Hi wjzkev, so sweet to see a Mr in the forum. This journey is really tough and all of us here understand totally what you n your wife are going through. Jia you and keep on going!

When I did my iui (private 3x failed), the doctor said I had pcos n I was on metformin for the longest time.

Then I transferred to Sgh, the doctor didn't say anything about pcos. Failed first fresh and first fet. It is frustrating cos the doctor really couldn't explain exactly why it failed. So they had to try different things. Every time the protocol is different cos they could only make hypothesis n tweak the medicine/injections little by little. I succeeded on 2nd fresh - until now it could still be a combination of reasons, new protocols, stronger mind n body? But again it is not possible to pinpoint exactly what is the success factor.

I believe many mummies here also shared similar stories.

Wish you n your wife n all ladies here on ivf a smooth n successful journey. Baby dust.

Hi gals, i jus went for my early pregnancy BT tis morning n jus received a call. The nurse said there is some levels of pregnancy signs n ask me to go back on fri to do a retest n see doc. Also, she asked me to continue with the inserts. Any ladies here experienced e same situation n bfp? I tot the call was to let me know when is my next appt for my next step but never expect to hear tis..
I had my 1st bt and was told the hcg readings are borderline low...was told to go bk for another bt 2 days later.... and my readings doubled!!

All the best to u!

Hi, can anyone share if you have done hysteroscopy before embarking on ivf?
Is it a routine check at your clinic from what you know?
Hi there, I've done hysteroscopy 2 years ago before i went for IUI and then another round again of hysteroscopy before i went for ICSI. I did my treatments in Bkk as my hubby got posted here hence ive got no choice but to do my treatments in Bkk. Hysteroscopy is just to ensure there is no blockage or obstacle that will prevent pregnancy.

me do not think i have that issue , our doc thh.

Just for sharing with you...
Me and DH has never though we are thalassemia minor carrier until I got pregnant 2 year ago.... This pregnancy was succeed using clomid...
Sadly to say, because we don't know that we carried thalassemia gens and the baby has unfortunately got the bad gens and become a thalassemia major...
Thalassemia Major = No Survival Rate
In the end we got to terminate the pregnancy...

The thing about thalassemia minor is it totally don't affect our daily life. DH went through tough army training without any symto , I went through active school CCA life without any symto too..

Would suggest that you do a blood test to test... because is really no harm testing... KK have this thalassemia department where you can go test...
Even if you are a thalassemia carrier you and wife still have 75% of having a healthy baby...

Me and DH has just start the journey via IVF.. The future is unknown for us.. We are unsure if we will face with disappointment again or maybe baby dust will spread on us... But we are on the learning journey to be positive...

Don give up! =)

* above base on personal experience and best knowledge... Pls seek doctor advise hor..!

Just for sharing with you...
Me and DH has never though we are thalassemia minor carrier until I got pregnant 2 year ago.... This pregnancy was succeed using clomid...
Sadly to say, because we don't know that we carried thalassemia gens and the baby has unfortunately got the bad gens and become a thalassemia major...
Thalassemia Major = No Survival Rate
In the end we got to terminate the pregnancy...

The thing about thalassemia minor is it totally don't affect our daily life. DH went through tough army training without any symto , I went through active school CCA life without any symto too..

Would suggest that you do a blood test to test... because is really no harm testing... KK have this thalassemia department where you can go test...
Even if you are a thalassemia carrier you and wife still have 75% of having a healthy baby...

Me and DH has just start the journey via IVF.. The future is unknown for us.. We are unsure if we will face with disappointment again or maybe baby dust will spread on us... But we are on the learning journey to be positive...

Don give up! =)

* above base on personal experience and best knowledge... Pls seek doctor advise hor..!
Hi AAOM, so did your doc propose that you guys appeal to MOH to allow you to do PGD in singapore to check the chromosomes b4 transfer? This would save the risk of heartbreak later and give you higher chance of IVF.

Dear Wanbaby,

May I ask how much is the govt. subsidy per IVF cycle and roughly how much cash you still need to fork out after Medisave deduction, if under NUH? Thanks.
Dear Wanbaby,

I can't really remember how much is the govt subsidy but i didnt hve to pay cash as it was all covered by govt subsidy and medisave. It was my 1st IVF. I think for my second IVF i may have to fork out cash after all the deduction.

Hi... I'm a newbie in this forum. I've been trying to conceive for 5 years now, went for IUI in Jan 2015, but failed. I stopped seeking treatment as i was depressed.
Now, in March i'm due to start my IVF cycle. Going for my counselling session in KKIVF in Feb... Experienced IVF ladies, can you please share with me what supplements should i start taking from now?

Hi... I'm a newbie in this forum. I've been trying to conceive for 5 years now, went for IUI in Jan 2015, but failed. I stopped seeking treatment as i was depressed.
Now, in March i'm due to start my IVF cycle. Going for my counselling session in KKIVF in Feb... Experienced IVF ladies, can you please share with me what supplements should i start taking from now?
I think most importantly is folic acid... and maybe you can start to increase your protein intake like egg whites to increase the quality of your eggs.

Hi AAOM, so did your doc propose that you guys appeal to MOH to allow you to do PGD in singapore to check the chromosomes b4 transfer? This would save the risk of heartbreak later and give you higher chance of IVF.

Actually we know about PGD all along. But doctor is in view that we can try... of cos also explain to us the risk we are taking if we don't go for PGD. In the end we decide to go ahead without doing PGD... it might be a v silly decision to do IVF without PGD based on our condition.. but we are giving this 1st trial and if it really happen than we will go with PGD... Afterall we have 75%... Pray hard...!
To be honest part of the decision was made also due to $ concern... Personally I don't encourage any ladies here with same condition like me and DH to do the same...

In fact doctor was suggesting for us to go IUI instead since we are taking the risk... but I have too many unsuccessful cases of fail IUI around me (Not saying is not good, understand that there is a lot of success case around) ... But since we have no time to waste I went ahead with IVF...

I think most importantly is folic acid... and maybe you can start to increase your protein intake like egg whites to increase the quality of your eggs.
Thanks. i did read about taking in "conceive gold by blackmores" ans also "chicken essence with wolfberry" i would like to intake all if possible but i feel it's not really necessary right?

Hi all. I have something to ask. Did ER on monday and so the next day was feeling very bad and admitted to kk for ohss. Anyone got any idea how many days will the ohss go away or improve?

Thanks. i did read about taking in "conceive gold by blackmores" ans also "chicken essence with wolfberry" i would like to intake all if possible but i feel it's not really necessary right?

These are supplements; if they make you feel good, you can try.

Hi all. I have something to ask. Did ER on monday and so the next day was feeling very bad and admitted to kk for ohss. Anyone got any idea how many days will the ohss go away or improve?
It really depends on how severe your OHSS is, and what measures you take to minimize the effects - did you take enough water (2-3 litres of fluid) and enough egg whites (4-6 egg whites)? The more water and more egg whites you consume will minimize the OHSS effects. You can also sip 100 Plus for relief.

Actually we know about PGD all along. But doctor is in view that we can try... of cos also explain to us the risk we are taking if we don't go for PGD. In the end we decide to go ahead without doing PGD... it might be a v silly decision to do IVF without PGD based on our condition.. but we are giving this 1st trial and if it really happen than we will go with PGD... Afterall we have 75%... Pray hard...!
To be honest part of the decision was made also due to $ concern... Personally I don't encourage any ladies here with same condition like me and DH to do the same...

What happens if you strike on the 1st round with IVF...then will it be another case of heartbreak?

Perhaps 1st fresh, you did not strike, but you will still be the crossroads if you have frozen embryos and you don't know if they are affected. To use or not to use?

It really depends on how severe your OHSS is, and what measures you take to minimize the effects - did you take enough water (2-3 litres of fluid) and enough egg whites (4-6 egg whites)? The more water and more egg whites you consume will minimize the OHSS effects. You can also sip 100 Plus for relief.
Hi towkayneo. Rating was mild to moderate. Wasnt able to intake anything. Kept vomitting. I shall try to intake more water. Hate the nauseas feeling...

In fact doctor was suggesting for us to go IUI instead since we are taking the risk... but I have too many unsuccessful cases of fail IUI around me (Not saying is not good, understand that there is a lot of success case around) ... But since we have no time to waste I went ahead with IVF...
Can't you use govt subsidy too and medisave for PGD? Anyway if this is your decision, I wish you all the best.

Hi there, I've done hysteroscopy 2 years ago before i went for IUI and then another round again of hysteroscopy before i went for ICSI. I did my treatments in Bkk as my hubby got posted here hence ive got no choice but to do my treatments in Bkk. Hysteroscopy is just to ensure there is no blockage or obstacle that will prevent pregnancy.

Pmed u

I can't really remember how much is the govt subsidy but i didnt hve to pay cash as it was all covered by govt subsidy and medisave. It was my 1st IVF. I think for my second IVF i may have to fork out cash after all the deduction.
Thanks Wanbaby!

May I ask if B12 is an important element to conceiving a baby? My recent health check commented that I would need to load up on my B12 and folic acid so I have been taking multi vitamins on top of my folic acid.

Fish essence and fishes are food for healing post operative surgery, long gan red dates tea, red bean soup, eggs whites and chicken essence, chicken and pig livers for blood circulations, beef tonic soups....aso take some prenatal multivitamins Tat contains folic acid...

What happens if you strike on the 1st round with IVF...then will it be another case of heartbreak?

Perhaps 1st fresh, you did not strike, but you will still be the crossroads if you have frozen embryos and you don't know if they are affected. To use or not to use?

Well... this has always be a question on our mind... " What if "...
But honestly $ don allow us to do it.... Perhaps one day government should really consider putting PGD as part of the subsidy ....
From what I understand PGD is not encouraged because people use it to choose gender of the baby... But come on ! I just want to use it just for a healthy baby....!

All i can do now is to hope for the best....
If it really strike me for my 1st IVF.. PGD would be my next step.... Maybe find a way to squeeze some money out from the sky
Maybe go through one more round of injection to have more good folic send for testing since gg to pay the $...
But well as at now I can only hope that god see my sincere heart of wanting a litte one of my own and bless me with a healthy baby...

Like I say it might be a silly and risky decision.... I don encourage anyone here to do the same or face the same situation as me to do the same.... =)
But I encourage those who know that that partner is a who has thalassemia to do a check... Don't assume that you don have just because you are healthy all along....

Well... this has always be a question on our mind... " What if "...
But honestly $ don allow us to do it.... Perhaps one day government should really consider putting PGD as part of the subsidy ....
From what I understand PGD is not encouraged because people use it to choose gender of the baby... But come on ! I just want to use it just for a healthy baby....!

All i can do now is to hope for the best....
If it really strike me for my 1st IVF.. PGD would be my next step.... Maybe find a way to squeeze some money out from the sky
Maybe go through one more round of injection to have more good folic send for testing since gg to pay the $...
But well as at now I can only hope that god see my sincere heart of wanting a litte one of my own and bless me with a healthy baby...

Like I say it might be a silly and risky decision.... I don encourage anyone here to do the same or face the same situation as me to do the same.... =)
But I encourage those who know that that partner is a who has thalassemia to do a check... Don't assume that you don have just because you are healthy all along....
I wish you all the best! :)

Ladies, I'm thinking if I should transfer my balance 1 embryo from Thomson to KKH. Would like to know about the cost of frozen cycle at KKH before deciding.
For Thomson, it cost around 2.5 to 3.5k.

Anyone can advise? Thanks in advance!

I did my first IVF and trf on 11 jan. Poas for 2 days, both negative. Dun think the hope is high. This experience is time consuming and nerve wrecking. Really admire those who can persevere for multiple rounds. I dun think I can go thru another round esp since there are no frozen embryos for this round. Wish all the best for those are going thru this process now. Really hope all have +ve results!!!

Hi

Can I check if I going to change hospital after a failed cycle, from SGH to KKH , can I request all my reports from SGH? Will they release? N is the final med apt useful? I'm under Dr Yu, if she going to give motherhood statements, no point I see her to pay another couple hundreds? Anyone seen her after a failed cycle? is the session necessary and useful? I just don't want waste time and money.

Ladies, I'm thinking if I should transfer my balance 1 embryo from Thomson to KKH. Would like to know about the cost of frozen cycle at KKH before deciding.

My thawed cycle with ET at KKH is S$1,840 exclusive of taxes.

Hi

Can I check if I going to change hospital after a failed cycle, from SGH to KKH , can I request all my reports from SGH? Will they release? N is the final med apt useful? I'm under Dr Yu, if she going to give motherhood statements, no point I see her to pay another couple hundreds? Anyone seen her after a failed cycle? is the session necessary and useful? I just don't want waste time and money.
If you are going to change hospital, yes, you can request your medical reports from SGH.

As for the other Q, this, I am not sure as I am from KKH.

I did my first IVF and trf on 11 jan. Poas for 2 days, both negative. Dun think the hope is high. This experience is time consuming and nerve wrecking. Really admire those who can persevere for multiple rounds. I dun think I can go thru another round esp since there are no frozen embryos for this round. Wish all the best for those are going thru this process now. Really hope all have +ve results!!!

It could be too early. Remember, pregnant until proven otherwise. Don't give up yet! Wait for the BT.

I dont think KKH can accept any frozen embryo. I checked with THH before and he said KKH is too full liao, no space to store other hospital 's embryo.

My thawed cycle with ET at KKH is S$1,840 exclusive of taxes.
Hi towkayneo, were you on medicated FET this round? can I check if you were on cyclogest Progestrone before ET? If yes, does it irritate your cervix? I just inserted mine this morning and I feel so "weird" feeling below... Just checking if this is normal. Any tips to insert them smoothly?

Thanks!

Hi ladies,
I did my fresh cycle on 4th jan and on 20th Jan i my blood test shows pregnant.574hcg.Today I had brown discharge/spotting and off n on I will feel some cramps on either side of abdomen.Any one can advise me?I m worried.Thank u

Hi ladies,
I did my fresh cycle on 4th jan and on 20th Jan i my blood test shows pregnant.574hcg.Today I had brown discharge/spotting and off n on I will feel some cramps on either side of abdomen.Any one can advise me?I m worried.Thank u
Please call your clinic or doc immediately for advice. At TFC they would ask me to go down immediately and arrange urgent consultation with doc. By now they can't see much but at least a sac to confirm implantation & at right place (rule out ectopic) and also an experienced doc can see if the bleeding is from uterus or not. Depending on the check up, doc will order more progesterone support e.g. Progesterone in oil jab and do another hcg blood test to check levels. Not sure if other docs practice the same as I read some clinics decline progesterone jab even if patient is pregnant but bleeding and instead take a wait and see approach. If that is the case, I would consider getting urgent consultation by private doc. I read another sister had the same situation and she went for 2nd opinion by Dr Loh and managed to get support she needed. It could be late implantation old blood but but at least getting assurance from doc can set your mind at ease.

Back