IVF/ICSI Support Group

Wow... so dhea does help which in your case naturally conceived! Congrats and how many months are you along the pregnancy?
Thanks! :)
I'm in my 12th week now. Have been taking tcm medicine from Dr Tan Siew Buoy to support the pregnancy since realizing I'm pregnant on week 6.
I've been seriously tcc-ing for 5 years (4 failed fresh IVFs, 2 IUIs). I don't know how much DHEA helped.

Maybe it's blessing from gods too...this year my husband and I participated in this annual "snatch flower" ritual at a Taoist temple in Race Course road on 15th of lunar first month for the first time.
Anyone interested to try this next year can call the temple tel: 6293 4683 to ask for details. Beo San Hood Chor Temple 443 Race Course Rd Singapore 218687

I'm 10 dp2dt . . I started having af like cramps yesterday with the intensity growing today accompanied by backache and there's pain in womb area if there's urine in bladder.did insert just now and there was a sharp af cramp then the cramps subsided . . Thought progesterone causes cramps not other way round ? My cramps subsided with the inserts .. progesterone deficiency? Or cause the cramps r due the lining trying to shed and progesterone insert stops it from shedding hence the cramps subsided

Practice makes perfect. You feel warmth in tummy area. Also soak your feet in warn water every night, can sleep better. Wear socks at night.

Actually I'd been diagnosed heaty (body) but at the same time cold (ankle/feet) and initially very worried if going menopause hahaha.
But i ask tcm doc today she said I've normal womb.. except blood circulation is bad to my legs.. so I'm thinking if foot soak will help. What do u use for foot soak?

I also take tcm meds as i have insonmia and headaches. The meds is to help me relax and sleep better n for the headaches. She also prescribed me meds to foot soak in hot water meant to warm the womb where there are nerves at the leg/foot area. Acupuncuture also poked at leg. I only started for 2 weeks so dunno how long then can feel the effect.

Actually sis here who visit Dr Zou, how long have you been seeing her n doing the acupuncture?
You're seeing tcm dr zou?

Actually I'd been diagnosed heaty (body) but at the same time cold (ankle/feet) and initially very worried if going menopause hahaha.
But i ask tcm doc today she said I've normal womb.. except blood circulation is bad to my legs.. so I'm thinking if foot soak will help. What do u use for foot soak?
I would just drop a few drops of lavender into warm water of 60-70 c for aroma therapy. Soak 15-20 min. Wear socks important as heat lose through feet at night.

I would just drop a few drops of lavender into warm water of 60-70 c for aroma therapy. Soak 15-20 min. Wear socks important as heat lose through feet at night.

Sounds like a plan; will start tml night! :)
Thank you for sharing!

Hi sistas.. after 2 months now going for my FET transfer today!! Feeling alittle excited ..will need alotz of luck here!!!!!!

Any sistas going for transfer... all the best dears... lets jia you together!!!
All the best, Babyluck!! Jia you!!

Hi Dear, congrats on your ET today. I know how it felt after the procedure. =)

I had a failed IVF but prior to the failure, I have consistently using Crinone gel. You need to insert as deep like. say 3/4 neck of the tube... once in, press and hold (do not let go).. you will only release the grip after you bring it out. That will for sure that the gel is all inserted.

Hope above helps. Rest well during the 2ww

Thanks for the tips, sister..

May ur next try be a successful one.. :)

I feel and look fat .. like pregnant women. V depressing that i cant fit into my previous shorts/ pants before the last fresh cycle.

Other than massage and exercising, are there other ways to slim down the buldge at the waist? No bfp already v sad, now look pregnant even worse. DH keep say i v fat :(
Me too. Tummy getting bigger. But I think it's fat. Haahaa.

Any sisters here has experience on having fibroids (non invasive) prior to IVF, and later fibroids grown bigger due to IVF stimulation? Fibroids big enough that it distorts the uterine cavity a little... What did your doc do about it? Was hoping to do ET soon after or next cycle, but seems like have to wait longer. Can Chinese med help?

Me too. Tummy getting bigger. But I think it's fat. Haahaa.
The jabs is one of the factor for the 'fats' gained.. dont forget we intake alot of 'pu' and food leh. I drank a lot of h20 to prevent dehyration.. i read that such energy drink is loaded with sugar and become fats if never exercise and drink. How not to put up extra gain?
Hi rainflower, i feel you. My weight has been on the rise since ivf, and it seems to get worse with each cycle though I exercise regularly. The ivf meds, progesterone may cause weight gain. This is not uncommon based on what I gathered from local and overseas forums. But there are ladies who are not affected too, I guess it depends on our bodies.

Hopefully your hubby will be more understanding and recognise this is one of the sacrifices that you have made to have a baby with him, and that his support for you is vital in this ivf journey.
Thanks sis. Your reply is consoling and i envy those whose body wont gain the extra after all the jabs. I think the men think that once cycle is over then the fats will disappear. So when the waist remains rounder, it is not right.
Anyway, i showed DH your reply and hopefully he wont criticise me on my rounder stomach.

The jabs is one of the factor for the 'fats' gained.. dont forget we intake alot of 'pu' and food leh. I drank a lot of h20 to prevent dehyration.. i read that such energy drink is loaded with sugar and become fats if never exercise and drink. How not to put up extra gain?

Thanks sis. Your reply is consoling and i envy those whose body wont gain the extra after all the jabs. I think the men think that once cycle is over then the fats will disappear. So when the waist remains rounder, it is not right.
Anyway, i showed DH your reply and hopefully he wont criticise me on my rounder stomach.

I know!! Haiz...I have done 3 fresh cycles + 2 FETs. My weight and roundness if plotted as on a chart over time is like the sales chart that makes the boss super happy lor. I also exercise between cycles but no use leh. Now can only fit into those elastic type old clothes, otherwise can forget about even trying to squeeze in. Before IVF, I don't even exercise regularly but was skinny...now, haizzzz!
Struggling with sharp weight gain and repeated bfns can be really depressing. I think the only antidote to this depressive mood is a BFP soon. Just do our best, hope for the best and hope our DH appreciates us more than ever loh.

I know!! Haiz...I have done 3 fresh cycles + 2 FETs. My weight and roundness if plotted as on a chart over time is like the sales chart that makes the boss super happy lor. I also exercise between cycles but no use leh. Now can only fit into those elastic type old clothes, otherwise can forget about even trying to squeeze in. Before IVF, I don't even exercise regularly but was skinny...now, haizzzz!
Struggling with sharp weight gain and repeated bfns can be really depressing. I think the only antidote to this depressive mood is a BFP soon. Just do our best, hope for the best and hope our DH appreciates us more than ever loh.
Ya lor.. show our DH our determination and also our need to have their utmost suppoet.
Sayang you.. dont get negative because of what i said. I was feeling upset so need to vent out a bit.

Your words so funny though.. mine also a growing sales chart.

Ya lor.. show our DH our determination and also our need to have their utmost suppoet.
Sayang you.. dont get negative because of what i said. I was feeling upset so need to vent out a bit.

Your words so funny though.. mine also a growing sales chart.
No lah...no upset. I also vent vent a bit hehe
This journey also taught me how being positive is very important. Think of the bigger picture and these things shouldn't bring us down.
Besides to be fair, we didn't anyhow gain weight. We are working on Project Baby. We women super strong, can endure so much.
Must have faith that our relationships with DH is stronger than the superficial. At the end of the day, the couple stays as a solid long term unit regardless the outcome.
This journey is tough enough, no need to make it worst by being negative.
Being positive, even if setback, we cry and bounce back, this also is our inner beauty right.
Persevere on, have faith and jia you!!

All the best to you! Stay positive & talk to encourage your embies everyday. Jia you!

Thanks, dear..

U jiayou too.. I rem fr the previous posts, u r oso on FET this round?

& re. round tummy..
Hey, mayb we can console ourselves saying that the roundness is due to good & healthy food? EW, durian, Brazil nuts, fish, chicken, chicken essence & jabs..

& definitely not the French fries, deep fried chicken wings, chocolates & definitely not ice cream..

Round the tummy might b, but I guess we r definitely healthier..

Mayb like tt ll feel better.. Hahaha

yup slight cramps but tolerable. I went for ER and came back home with severe stomach pain cramp, vomitted and was very giddy. Gosh tat was the worst day.

Oh gosh.. I understand as I hv gone thru general anesthesia before. I will vomit after tat.. it's awful. But for the sake of having our little one in our hands, everything is worth it.

You can say that again! :(
I also same as you... skinny n no exercise last time.. but just 1 ivf cant wear all my clothes... everything is tight with a bulging tummy. Everytime i went acupuncture, milk promoter aunty will ask me to try the mammy milk haiz...
No choice today i went to buy some clothes!
Really wanna cry.. hahaha

Hi everyone Can I know wat is DHEA... Coz I see a few ppl mention abt it.

What is it good for and whr can I get it?
Hi dear. Suggest that you read this article for understanding DHEA and what proponents say of this supplement for fertility.
https://www.centerforhumanreprod.com/services/infertility-treatments/dhea/whatis/

Please note that (1) DHEA may cause increase in androgens and testosterone, hence may cause some people to suffer from side effects due to hormonal imbalance, or worse adversely affects health for those who may have existing conditions that may be aggravated by such hormones. (2) Not every doctor endorses taking of DHEA supplement for fertility issues or supporting IVF since it may be harmful in some cases. (Read - http://haveababy.com/fertility-information/ivf-authority/dhea-and-ivf-harmful-in-certain-cases)

Due to the above, you should never start DHEA supplementation without consulting your doctor. If your doctor agrees that this is suitable, he or she also needs to advise on the dosage suitable for your condition.

Take care ya. All the best!

Can anyone share yr experience for ET day? Will it be painful, can husband come in operation theatre? etc...my sister has arranged for BBQ in the evening, wanted to skip it but then tot it will be a nice distraction. Also im taking red dates drink and finding myself leting out gas quite frequently, is it suppose to feel tat way?

Thanks dear. Im going for ET tomorow and pretty nervous abt it. Hows thing at yr side?
Hello dearie. I'm in 2ww le post FET. Just take it easy and hope for the best loh.
Hope all's well since ER? Try not to stress too much now as it won't be good for you.
Do sleep earlier, rest well and have faith in your embies. Jia you k!

Can anyone share yr experience for ET day? Will it be painful, can husband come in operation theater? etc...my sister has arranged for BBQ in the evening, wanted to skip it but then tot it will be a nice distraction. Also im taking red dates drink and finding myself letting out gas quite frequently, is it suppose to feel tat way?

Hello Wan, i as a hubby was allowed to be in the "room" during the session, was informed by a fellow lady who is doing during the ER. It was quite an eye opener and pain i believe is yes just have to relax to let the doc do its work and it takes less than 10 mins. Before the T you will be ask to verified your details and your doc will let you know the results of the ER in brief and how many will be ET, after the session the embryologist will tell you more details. Also you will get a picture of the transfer embro.

As my mrs and me come from iui cycle, it was again an emotional coaster ride for us as we only get to TTF 1 out of 14 retrieval, of which only 5 made the batch and 1 got arrested and 3 in observation. So this one is very very precious to us now espically when u look at the picture is like "hey small one, let's work togther this 18 days ok be strong"

No pain at all except cannot pee; must drink lotsa water and hold your pee.
DH can join us, and be part of ivf journey, during ET so he can see the embryos and how it was transferred into our womb.

If going bbq try not stand near the fire cos too hot no good for embryos.

Can anyone share yr experience for ET day? Will it be painful, can husband come in operation theatre? etc...my sister has arranged for BBQ in the evening, wanted to skip it but then tot it will be a nice distraction. Also im taking red dates drink and finding myself leting out gas quite frequently, is it suppose to feel tat way?

Hello Wan, i as a hubby was allowed to be in the "room" during the session, was informed by a fellow lady who is doing during the ER. It was quite an eye opener and pain i believe is yes just have to relax to let the doc do its work and it takes less than 10 mins. Before the T you will be ask to verified your details and your doc will let you know the results of the ER in brief and how many will be ET, after the session the embryologist will tell you more details. Also you will get a picture of the transfer embro.

As my mrs and me come from iui cycle, it was again an emotional coaster ride for us as we only get to TTF 1 out of 14 retrieval, of which only 5 made the batch and 1 got arrested and 3 in observation. So this one is very very precious to us now espically when u look at the picture is like "hey small one, let's work togther this 18 days ok be strong"
So nice to have a Mr to listen to voices of many mrs here :)
And so cool that you were allowed in the OT room for ER.
At TFC, the sirs either go do their job to collect their swimmers or will wait at the recovery room by the bed allocated to their wifes.
The OT at TFC not that big and they are pretty strict at keeping it out of bounds to minimise contamination. We will be under sedation so won't see or know anything during the procedure.
Yes, we see each embie as a life and very precious.
All the best to you and your Mrs!

Hi Dawn, thank you for your well wishes and i am trying my very best to keep the energy down and not to irritate the Mrs.

I believe this journey should not be face by the ladies alone as the guy have a part to play with as well, but i wish i can do more.
I was inform TFC team is pretty good also and used to be from KKH.

Like all ladies here i am very anxious and hope to know some good tips to apply these 7 days as soon i will be on biz trip that's where the results will be known.

Hi Dawn, thank you for your well wishes and i am trying my very best to keep the energy down and not to irritate the Mrs.

I believe this journey should not be face by the ladies alone as the guy have a part to play with as well, but i wish i can do more.
I was inform TFC team is pretty good also and used to be from KKH.

Like all ladies here i am very anxious and hope to know some good tips to apply these 7 days as soon i will be on biz trip that's where the results will be known.
You are very sweet to your Mrs. Oh yes, I was talking about ER just now. For ET, hubbies are allowed to accompany their wives. It's a touching moment as we would visually see our little one(s) on screen for the first time and see how they reunite with mummies via the ultrasound image.

Ladies going for ET for the first time, this is also the only time you prob meet your embryologist in person (unless you also initiate separate consultation with the embryologist in addition to doc for reviews post ER). Do grab this good opportunity to probe and ask the embryologist about the lab & your little ones. It's insightful.
The 2ww is always pretty dreadful period. Must take things easy, don't obssess, you can help with making Mrs laugh a lot. Let her eat healthy balanced meals, get adequate hydration, rest well, keep warm & avoid cold stuff & anything strenuous or upsetting. Jia you!!

For ET it is much simpler than ER. The 'tough' part is to tahan the ET procedure with your bladder full. Usually will be over in couple of mins. It will be a little uncomfortable but really it is quite bearable , somewhat like a pat smear. For some cases, some ladies might have light spotting on that day. Usually will take it easy on that day. But many doctors say bed rest is not necessary. You might just want to check with your doctor n nurses what they say? For me, I will be as per normal, just no heavy house chores n exercises.

Just came back from the first follicle scan. Gonna be on Gonal F thru only, and centropide (misspell I know!)... Lining is 8mm, I guess all is fine? Just gotta keep eating good food!

U will not be under sedation.. so u will get to feel everuthing... as they insert the golden embbies.. just close yr eyes and stay calm.

I had two different experiences.

One in kkh- my transfer was done in a normal setting.. with hubby beside me.. and u can see the embbies travelling... finally into the womb..no need to rest and go home after dat...

As for nuh- they r more serious and it is done in the same op theatre as ER.. so hubby not allowed.. after ER they wheel u to bed and rest for 2 hours.. give milo n biscuits... well taken care.. i feel good!!!!

Hi WJZKEV,

Like what dawn said... it is really nice to hav a mr ard here... and yr mrs is fortunate..

My hubby is not very into forums and research though he is very supportive in other ways..

Sometimes its good to know what the other half is thinking n going thru...

All the best to u n ur mrs.. she is in her 2ww right? Which hospital r u in?

Hi WJZKEV,

Like what dawn said... it is really nice to hav a mr ard here... and yr mrs is fortunate..

My hubby is not very into forums and research though he is very supportive in other ways..

Sometimes its good to know what the other half is thinking n going thru...

All the best to u n ur mrs.. she is in her 2ww right? Which hospital r u in?

Hi Babyluck, am sure each guy are concerned and worried about their mrs but each of us work in different way. maybe i am kaypoh hahahaha.
Sometimes is not better to knwo than to know because it will lead to more findings and anxiety which my mrs told me today thus well i guess 2nd day i kinda of cool down

Does anyone of you get "warm" and irritable because i was not very keen to have aircon on for her last nite but gave in eventually as she was have so much difficulty in sleep due to keep warm with socks and warming the tummy? Food wise i leave it to my MIL and her entirely dun wan to give too much pressure as long as she eats and sleep and no bouncing activities i am very happy

We are with KKH and Dr Tan.

anyone has good recommendation for male infertilty specialist (not TCM) ? hope to get my hubby treated.

I'm thinking of singhealth hospital, but dunno have to wait how long if he is referred there. Or are there private specialists, not sure how much the cost is, and how long to wait?

For myself, I'm aiming to restart a fresh IVF cycle in KKH, this Feb 2016. Previous cycle was chem preg, and all remaining embryos did not make it. So hope to get better quality sperms this time first.

Hi Babyluck, am sure each guy are concerned and worried about their mrs but each of us work in different way. maybe i am kaypoh hahahaha.
Sometimes is not better to knwo than to know because it will lead to more findings and anxiety which my mrs told me today thus well i guess 2nd day i kinda of cool down

Does anyone of you get "warm" and irritable because i was not very keen to have aircon on for her last nite but gave in eventually as she was have so much difficulty in sleep due to keep warm with socks and warming the tummy? Food wise i leave it to my MIL and her entirely dun wan to give too much pressure as long as she eats and sleep and no bouncing activities i am very happy

We are with KKH and Dr Tan.
We will feel warmer than previous and easily get irritated (at least i feel this way). Its ok to on the aircon as i have also checked with my tcm on this and she said ok. So, if your Mrs feels warm and need the aircon, let her on it.

anyone has good recommendation for male infertilty specialist (not TCM) ? hope to get my hubby treated.

I'm thinking of singhealth hospital, but dunno have to wait how long if he is referred there. Or are there private specialists, not sure how much the cost is, and how long to wait?

For myself, I'm aiming to restart a fresh IVF cycle in KKH, this Feb 2016. Previous cycle was chem preg, and all remaining embryos did not make it. So hope to get better quality sperms this time first.

Why do U feel is the sperm and not egg quality?

Back