IVF/ICSI Support Group

Yeah!! that's good, but why Wed? need to wait for 4 more days? So when u had surge on Sat, they will thaw your frozen embies?? Sorry, to ask so many qn, dunno the procedure on FET...
Hmm. Actually I also not sure on the procedure lor. Think cos my frozen embryos r D3. Dr want to cultivate to D5 then transfer. So it's 'thaw 3 to cultivate to D5 & transfer best 2'...

Dear all, I would like to enquire more about FET, when menses is here, straight away call the clinic than they will give us a kind of blue medicine in order to have thick lining right? than roughly how long are the embies transfer ? can I check with those who had went through FET??

Hmm. Actually I also not sure on the procedure lor. Think cos my frozen embryos r D3. Dr want to cultivate to D5 then transfer. So it's 'thaw 3 to cultivate to D5 & transfer best 2'...
Cherylng dear, root for your embies and look forward to a smooth sailing FET.
Must have faith, don't stress too much about the lab updates, eat and rest well, and build positive energy as you prep for the FET. Jia you! :)

Dear all, I would like to enquire more about FET, when menses is here, straight away call the clinic than they will give us a kind of blue medicine in order to have thick lining right? than roughly how long are the embies transfer ? can I check with those who had went through FET??
Hello doraemon21. You are referring to medicated FET. Usually start the estrogen (also form of birth control pills) medication from CD2. Then scan on either day of CD12 to CD14 to check lining and confirm no ovulation. If all good and lining at least 7-8mm, usually reduce dosage of estrogen and start progesterone medication (insert or intramuscular injections) and clinic will schedule to thaw, culture then transfer. The actual days to culture till transfer depends on individual and in agreement with your doctor. Are you starting FET? All the best!

Towkayneo/ Cherylng

Maybe this friday last scan...if still not growing at all the follicle and lining...i think will abort this cycle...the doc (african lady doc) said.

I think friday should request for medicine to induce mense and request to see Dr Tan to request for medicated FET next round...

I should be too stressful for it to grow.... I did drink a lot of red bean soup.. Thanks for encouragements !!!!
Dearie, I'm sure you will continue to do your best.
Just be kind to yourself as you have done your best.
If this cycle not ideal, focus on recovering your body and bounce back stronger for next try.
Will be rooting for you! Jia you and persevere on!

Cherylng dear, root for your embies and look forward to a smooth sailing FET.
Must have faith, don't stress too much about the lab updates, eat and rest well, and build positive energy as you prep for the FET. Jia you! :)

Yes cherylng, relax for these few days and be happy, will root for you, must jia you. Most important must have lots of positive thoughts and good thing will come your way, thumbs up

Good morning ladies..hope everyone have a great day ahead!
4af18376e6461beead91087205460373.jpg

Hello doraemon21. You are referring to medicated FET. Usually start the estrogen (also form of birth control pills) medication from CD2. Then scan on either day of CD12 to CD14 to check lining and confirm no ovulation. If all good and lining at least 7-8mm, usually reduce dosage of estrogen and start progesterone medication (insert or intramuscular injections) and clinic will schedule to thaw, culture then transfer. The actual days to culture till transfer depends on individual and in agreement with your doctor. Are you starting FET? All the best!

Hello Dawn BB, Ya I am referring to medicated FET, what is CD2? O cos previously I went through a fresh cycle so I wasnt sure how a FET cycle works, u mean there is a intramuscular injection as well?

Hi Wynn0404, personal I would prefer the gel as compared to the pills as it is less messy as I am now in the 2ww.

Good luck to your ET Tmr. ⛽
Oh. U mean we get to choose? Cos my ET is tmr. 1st time. Till now still blur blur. Many things don't know yet...

Hello Dawn BB, Ya I am referring to medicated FET, what is CD2? O cos previously I went through a fresh cycle so I wasnt sure how a FET cycle works, u mean there is a intramuscular injection as well?
No problem:)
CD2 refers to cycle day 2 where CD1 is first day of your menses. Most of us are given post ET progesterone support in the form of vaginal inserts but i also read that a few had other form of support like progesterone in oil injections or even hcg injections. These injections are administered into the muscle (instead of fats) usually in the butt or thigh.

Hi, Anyone has itchy vagina after using the inserts?
Nope. Shouldn't be. Try washing the private area with water (do not douche). If itching does not subside, best to get checked by doctor to rule out infection. Take care k. Jia you!

No problem:)
CD2 refers to cycle day 2 where CD1 is first day of your menses. Most of us are given post ET progesterone support in the form of vaginal inserts but i also read that a few had other form of support like progesterone in oil injections or even hcg injections. These injections are administered into the muscle (instead of fats) usually in the butt or thigh.
Dear DawnBB, ok thanks for the reply, I think I will check with the doc in detail when i go down and visit her in Dec.
Thank you.

Have 30ml of Saizen (worth ard $50) to giveaway free to any sisters currently in their ivf stim phrase or starting soon
Saizen is said to be useful for sisters with low AMH / DOR etc
Item kept in fridge
Pls bring along a cooler bag, I can provide ice pack
Pls pick up from my blk at Sengkang
PM if keen

Oh. U mean we get to choose? Cos my ET is tmr. 1st time. Till now still blur blur. Many things don't know yet...
Hi Cherylng, I did not get to choose was prescribed with the gel this time by Dr in charge in Kkh. Had previous experience with the the progesterone pills.

Nope. Shouldn't be. Try washing the private area with water (do not douche). If itching does not subside, best to get checked by doctor to rule out infection. Take care k. Jia you!

Hi DawnBB, isit ok if I use feminine wash to wash my vaginal? Have been using Vagisil PH Balance Wash all these while, will it affect the chance of getting pregnant??

Hi DawnBB, isit ok if I use feminine wash to wash my vaginal? Have been using Vagisil PH Balance Wash all these while, will it affect the chance of getting pregnant??
Hi DollyLittleGal. I believe that so long as you do not douche it should be fine though I also think it is not necessary to use feminine wash as a healthy vaginal has the ability to maintain suitable pH balance and has its own cleansing capability provided hygienic toilet habits. I personally try to minimise use of any toiletry or cosmetics products to reduce exposure to harmful chemicals, e.g. phthalates (most artificial fragrances in such products are phthalate based). This is for general health, not just about fertility. Just my personal opinion. You may want to check with doc too. Take care and all the best :)

Hi ladies.. anyone seen dr tan kian sing in clementi for accp n nvr take med? How tot tell the doc or jus tell the counter before hand?

Hi DollyLittleGal. I believe that so long as you do not douche it should be fine though I also think it is not necessary to use feminine wash as a healthy vaginal has the ability to maintain suitable pH balance and has its own cleansing capability provided hygienic toilet habits. I personally try to minimise use of any toiletry or cosmetics products to reduce exposure to harmful chemicals, e.g. phthalates (most artificial fragrances in such products are phthalate based). This is for general health, not just about fertility. Just my personal opinion. You may want to check with doc too. Take care and all the best :)

Ok thanks DawnBB for your wide knowledge! You are always so full of knowledge on everything :)

@DollyLittleGal
It is true we do not need feminine wash, like DawnBB had mentioned, our vaginal are able to self cleanse.
This had been confirmed many years ago when I asked my gynea how to keep it clean & healthy. You only need to ensure proper toilet hygiene habits.
Cheers :)

@DollyLittleGal
It is true we do not need feminine wash, like DawnBB had mentioned, our vaginal are able to self cleanse.
This had been confirmed many years ago when I asked my gynea how to keep it clean & healthy. You only need to ensure proper toilet hygiene habits.
Cheers :)

Thanks Patn, but I just find it uncomfortable without using it, it is like part of my shower routine liao, esp during menses where I will use it diligently, if I don't use it, the feeling is like washing hair without shampoo, furthermore, I have bought quite a number of bottles during sales. Now I am really stuck with it... orgh :(

Hi hi towkayneo, according to Dr Both are equally effective. Personally I find that Crinone Gel is less messy and easier to use.
Hello Baby1979, I have been using the inserts and yes, it's quite sians to insert all the way up and lie down for 1 hour :(

Hi hi towkayneo, according to Dr Both are equally effective. Personally I find that Crinone Gel is less messy and easier to use.

On Crinone gel, anyone experience intense sweating with the use? I sweat a lot more when using it. And I notice I get very cold too when I am in normal usual air con room. Very ironic.

Thanks Patn, but I just find it uncomfortable without using it, it is like part of my shower routine liao, esp during menses where I will use it diligently, if I don't use it, the feeling is like washing hair without shampoo, furthermore, I have bought quite a number of bottles during sales. Now I am really stuck with it... orgh :(

I get what you mean. It's actually a habit.
May i suggest instead of using it everytime u shower (2times per day i assume) why dont u just use it once a day. Then slowly reduce to once every other days.

On Crinone gel, anyone experience intense sweating with the use? I sweat a lot more when using it. And I notice I get very cold too when I am in normal usual air con room. Very ironic.
I started inserts yday. Crinone gel .. works fine no sweating .. we r to walk abt for 15 mins after insertion to allow gel to be absorbed

Hi hi thejewelbox, for me so far so good. Maybe diff ppl would Hve diff reaction to the medicine.

Hello Baby1979, I have been using the inserts and yes, it's quite sians to insert all the way up and lie down for 1 hour :(
Hi hi towkayneo , I ttl agree if u are using the pills insert, it is quite ma fun cos u need to push the pills all the way in n rest on the bed for at least 1hrs or more for optimum absorption lor.

Back