IVF/ICSI Support Group

Sisters at kkh doing or done fet please advise if ovulation day must do scan and after ovulation which day is transfer done for day 2 embryo. Do they thaw the embryos once u inform them ovulating or only on the day of transfer please. And anyone know how to contact Dr tan HH email or phone please.

Hi Mesara,

I've done FET at KKH before. They will do ET based on the day of the embryo. For my case, they thaw my embryos on the actual morning.

I'm not under Dr THH but you sd be able to find his email in his business card. I've Dr Sadahna's email from her business card, which she gave me during my very first consultation with her. I read that THH may not reply all emails.

Hope this helps :)

Sisters who were on progesterone jabs , is there any reason why your doctor prescribed this for you instead of the usual progesterone inserts?

After failed cycles with the inserts, I would like to consider the jabs. Heard from my Dr that it may cause headache, but if it ensures that the progesterone is better absorbed, I may want to risk it.

Thanks in advance!

Sisters who were on progesterone jabs , is there any reason why your doctor prescribed this for you instead of the usual progesterone inserts?

After failed cycles with the inserts, I would like to consider the jabs. Heard from my Dr that it may cause headache, but if it ensures that the progesterone is better absorbed, I may want to risk it.

Thanks in advance!

For me I'm on hcg jabs every 2-3days (4dose) when in my 2ww.

Not prescribed with inserts as dr feel I have too much discharge and she worried body not able to absorb thus prescribe jabs instead.

But can be self-administered. :)

Do you mind sharing with us your do's and don't' during 2ww( in terms of food/drink) I only recall the chicken breast essence lol.
Thanks sista!

Mmmm actually most of what I did I just pick up here and there from the sisters on this board. I also carried out all the instructions of my sinseh very faithfully. Actually I think what I did before the IVF cycle may have helped too... so I'll add that in too. Hope it helps!

Before the IVF cycle:-

- I went to my sinseh to 'tiao' my cycle. He gave me herbs to prepare my womb and to regularise my insane cycle. He says that he cannot 'tiao' my body once I start IVF because he does not want me to contradict doctors' orders.
- No cold water. No cold food. No 'cooling' fruits too.
- Sinseh also gave herbs to 'tiao' my hubby's soldiers. He says for IVF the guys' soldiers are very important, cos they must be in good condition to penetrate the eggs and to produce good embryos. My hubby took the herbs all the way until after the transfer.

During IVF cycle:-

- before embryo retrieval, eat a lot of eggs.
- After embryo retrieval, I drank a lot a lot of Gatorade and water to prevent OHSS and to flush out the chemicals from my body. I kept up with the eggs as well. I stayed in bed for the full 5 days after retrieval so as to give my body the best chance to recover.
- Dried Longan tea with red dates, black dates, rock sugar and wolf berries everyday

During 2ww:-

DOs:-
- After embryo transfer, I stayed in bed for full 5 days to give my blastie the best possible chance to implant.
- I drank a lot of water, thinking this would help flush out the chemicals. Don't know whether it works, but it kept me hydrated.
- Keep warm. Wear slippers around the house so 'cold qi' don't go in through your feet. Wear socks to sleep (but I'll admit, when I wake up, usually the socks are mysteriously off....). I also wore long pants and t-shirts to keep warm (but I do keep my air-con on).
- After the 5 days of bed rest post transfer, I stayed in the house for the rest of the 2ww. I slept a lot during these 2 weeks. I only went out twice to see my sinseh but came back quite quickly to rest.
- I took 2 packets of herbs from my sinseh to be boiled a few days after transfer. The purpose of the herbs is to boost the HCG and to facilitate implantation. When I take the herbs, I do not take the chicken essence.
- Double boiled chicken essence without fail every day (unless I am taking herbs).
- Occasional dried longan tea (as mentioned above), but not everyday because it made me a little heaty.. and sinseh says the aim is not to become too heaty and not too 'cool'... must be just right in order for embryo to implant and grow well.
- Order hubby around =D I didn't do any housework or cooking at all! Mom came to cook. Hubby did the housework. Best!

DONTs:-
- No cold drinks, cold food, cooling fruits. This is a HUGE no-no.
- No potassium-heavy fruits like bananas.
- No exercise. No heavy lifting. No BD.
- No other herbal food (like bak kut teh etc). Dang Gui is a huge no-no according to sinseh.
- No stress, no sadness. When feeling sad, I always come to this forum to speak to the sisters here....

That's all I can remember for now. Sisters feel free to add on to this list yea... anyway, whatever I listed above mostly I learnt from all of you one...

And one last thing... I pray over my beanie every day. I asked my church friends to pray for beanie and I talked to beanie all the time, trying to convey my love to beanie. I believe all our beanies have a soul already. :)

Mmmm actually most of what I did I just pick up here and there from the sisters on this board. I also carried out all the instructions of my sinseh very faithfully. Actually I think what I did before the IVF cycle may have helped too... so I'll add that in too. Hope it helps!

- I went to my sinseh to 'tiao' my cycle. He gave me herbs to prepare my womb and to regularise my insane cycle. He says that he cannot 'tiao' my body once I start IVF because he does not want me to contradict doctors' orders.
- Sinseh also gave herbs to 'tiao' my hubby's soldiers. He says for IVF the guys' soldiers are very important, cos they must be in good condition to penetrate the eggs and to produce good embryos. My hubby took the herbs all the way until after the transfer.

- After embryo retrieval, I drank a lot a lot of Gatorade and water to prevent OHSS and to flush out the chemicals from my body. I kept up with the eggs as well. I stayed in bed for the full 5 days after retrieval so as to give my body the best chance to recover.
- Dried Longan tea with red dates, black dates, rock sugar and wolf berries everyday

- After embryo transfer, I stayed in bed for full 5 days to give my blastie the best possible chance to implant.
- I drank a lot of water, thinking this would help flush out the chemicals. Don't know whether it works, but it kept me hydrated.
- Keep warm. Wear slippers around the house so 'cold qi' don't go in through your feet. Wear socks to sleep (but I'll admit, when I wake up, usually the socks are mysteriously off....). I also wore long pants and t-shirts to keep warm (but I do keep my air-con on).
- After the 5 days of bed rest post transfer, I stayed in the house for the rest of the 2ww. I slept a lot during these 2 weeks. I only went out twice to see my sinseh but came back quite quickly to rest.
- I took 2 packets of herbs from my sinseh to be boiled a few days after transfer. The purpose of the herbs is to boost the HCG and to facilitate implantation. When I take the herbs, I do not take the chicken essence.
- Double boiled chicken essence without fail every day (unless I am taking herbs).
- Occasional dried longan tea (as mentioned above), but not everyday because it made me a little heaty.. and sinseh says the aim is not to become too heaty and not too 'cool'... must be just right in order for embryo to implant and grow well.
- Order hubby around =D I didn't do any housework or cooking at all! Mom came to cook. Hubby did the housework. Best!

- No other herbal food (like bak kut teh etc). Dang Gui is a huge no-no according to sinseh.
- No stress, no sadness. When feeling sad, I always come to this forum to speak to the sisters here....

That's all I can remember for now. Sisters feel free to add on to this list yea... anyway, whatever I listed above mostly I learnt from all of you one...

And one last thing... I pray over my beanie every day. I asked my church friends to pray for beanie and I talked to beanie all the time, trying to convey my love to beanie. I believe all our beanies have a soul already. :)
Thanks so much for sharing! Much appreciated!

You got a 好老公 :)

For me I'm on hcg jabs every 2-3days (4dose) when in my 2ww.

Not prescribed with inserts as dr feel I have too much discharge and she worried body not able to absorb thus prescribe jabs instead.

But can be self-administered. :)

Thanks for sharing, Faith bb!

Did you get any side effect from the jabs?

Hi ladies, I went for my ultrasound for lining yesterday to prepare for FET next Monday and found that though the lining is thick enough, but I do not have the triple stripe. Is the triple stripe important? Anyone BFP without a triple stripe? Love to hear your feedback. Thanks all.

Dear sisters... I went for BT at 9am today and KK just called back...

The news is.... I am finally pregnant! I am soo happy. Beta levels look promising at 937. Going back to collect support medication after lunch.

Thanks so much for you ladies here. Couldn't have survived this journey without you ladies. Spreading all my love and baby dust here!
That's fantastic news. Rest well and very happy for you. Grabbing your baby dusts!

Hi ladies, I went for my ultrasound for lining yesterday to prepare for FET next Monday and found that though the lining is thick enough, but I do not have the triple stripe. Is the triple stripe important? Anyone BFP without a triple stripe? Love to hear your feedback. Thanks all.

Tripe lining is good-to-have but it does not warrant a BFP.
I tried 3 fresh and 3 FET. My first BFP is with the triple lining but my last 2 tries were without triple but still BFP-ed. Dun worry too much about lining, so long can transfer should be alright. Focus on your body well-being and stay chill for your 2ww. Tt's very important. Jia You!

Thanks in advance!

My Dr gave me both inserts and jabs but jabs would be every 3 days for 2 weeks. They said they didnt give me jabs everyday because it's not convenient for me to go to the clinic daily. The jabs didn't cause headache. But it did gave me like a sort of bump which is quite sore but it disappeared after a few days.

Hi all , I just started my jab Ganirelix... Will b doin it till Friday. Den come again to take other medication. Today is my second day menses. can I know how much do you spend for the medication during the Ivf process?

Good to have...in 2013, my lining has always been thin. it was a struggle to hit the min 8mm, after many bowls of red bean soup, i managed to get the green light to proceed with an 8mm without triple stripe and went on to have a BFP.

Gal which cd r u went for scan. I also went for scan on Monday which was cd 8 as am doing natural fet. I have abt 2 big follies and 4 small ones. The big ones are 10 and 12. Lining 5.8 but no triple also. My first bfp I had triple lining and 2nd bfp non triple. But unlucky both mc. Hope and pray this will be my golden baby. Yr Fet confirm Monday ar and r u expected to go for another scan. I am monitoring ovulation and once positive then do ET 3 days later. I suspect ET should be Sat as ovulation kit starting showing 2 lines but haven't smiley face yet. Most likely Wed ovulate. Kkh told.me to come for a scan on wed and as am not in SG told them will inform when ovulate to prepare for fet. Having ovu pain already.

Does anyone know roughly hw many mm then opk will show positive and also lining roughly must be how thick pls.

Gal which cd r u went for scan. I also went for scan on Monday which was cd 8 as am doing natural fet. I have abt 2 big follies and 4 small ones. The big ones are 10 and 12. Lining 5.8 but no triple also. My first bfp I had triple lining and 2nd bfp non triple. But unlucky both mc. Hope and pray this will be by golden baby. Yr Fet confirm Monday ar and run expected to go for another scan. Min I am monitoring ovulation and once positive when do ET 3 days later. I suspect ET should be Sat as ovulation kit starting showing 2 lines but haven't smiley face yet. Most likely Wed ovulate. Kkh told.me to come for a scan on wed and as am not in SG told them.will inform when ovulate to prepare for fet. Having ovu pain already.

Does anyone know roughly hw many mm then opk will show positive and also lining roughly must be how thick pls.
Lining is min 8mm....

Hi Mesara,

I've done FET at KKH before. They will do ET based on the day of the embryo. For my case, they thaw my embryos on the actual morning.

I'm not under Dr THH but you sd be able to find his email in his business card. I've Dr Sadahna's email from her business card, which she gave me during my very first consultation with her. I read that THH may not reply all emails.

Hope this helps :)
Thanks gal. Which cd did you ovulate and can u recall lining n follicle size pls. Thanks.

How was it my dear?
Hi littlemonkies, erm I'm trying not to raise too much high hopes. Tested positive but my beta was really low
22nd will be the appt to determine the heart beat. Till then we don't dare to tell anymore.

Btw are you on dydrogesterone twice per day? Any side effects? I keep having breathless and heart palpitation. Called KKH but they say is normal. Unless I want to change to new med then i down to O&G clinic.

And hor I didn't know I can't eat banana and ba ku teh! Had cravings so just eaten few days back. Hope will be okay.

1st cycle, extracted 18 eggs but only 2 for ET. Yet only 1 with grade 3 and grade 4. No frozen. Quite sad. Hope it will turn out okay ba.

Dear sisters... I went for BT at 9am today and KK just called back...

The news is.... I am finally pregnant! I am soo happy. Beta levels look promising at 937. Going back to collect support medication after lunch.

Thanks so much for you ladies here. Couldn't have survived this journey without you ladies. Spreading all my love and baby dust here!

Hi littlemonkies, congrats. Stay positive..

I bought this clearblue digital ovu kit from nz last month. Can't find in Singapore. Quite chun. If any sisters travel to Australia or nz can buy. And clearblue ovulation and pregnancy kits are definitely cheaper overseas.

Tripe lining is good-to-have but it does not warrant a BFP.
I tried 3 fresh and 3 FET. My first BFP is with the triple lining but my last 2 tries were without triple but still BFP-ed. Dun worry too much about lining, so long can transfer should be alright. Focus on your body well-being and stay chill for your 2ww. Tt's very important. Jia You!
Thanks @shiro_ger, I feel more assured hearing from you. Hope all well on your end.

Hi littlemonkies, erm I'm trying not to raise too much high hopes. Tested positive but my beta was really low
22nd will be the appt to determine the heart beat. Till then we don't dare to tell anymore.

Btw are you on dydrogesterone twice per day? Any side effects? I keep having breathless and heart palpitation. Called KKH but they say is normal. Unless I want to change to new med then i down to O&G clinic.

And hor I didn't know I can't eat banana and ba ku teh! Had cravings so just eaten few days back. Hope will be okay.

1st cycle, extracted 18 eggs but only 2 for ET. Yet only 1 with grade 3 and grade 4. No frozen. Quite sad. Hope it will turn out okay ba.
Whispering congrats & collecting your bb dusts. :) Stay positive dear. Talk to your growing bb everyday. Praying all goes well for both of you. Jia you!

I bought this clearblue digital ovu kit from nz last month. Can't find in Singapore. Quite chun. If any sisters travel to Australia or nz can buy. And clearblue ovulation and pregnancy kits are definitely cheaper overseas.
I did find the clearblue digital OPK (the one which gives smiley face) at guardian & Watson but very expensive lor. Over $70 for 1 set with 7 tests. When on sale, it was over $50++ at Watson, pocket bleeding... But I agree, it's accurate.

Must remain positive and talk to your baby everyday. Tell your baby to grow, grow, grow. Mummy must be positive ok.

I'm taking dupaston too - 2 tablets twice daily. Have been taking it for more than 1 mth but so far ok, I don't notice the side effects.

Don't be sad ok. It only takes 1! I also don't have frozen. So next yr I'll go for IVF again!

Back