IVF/ICSI Support Group

Mine just day 1 yesterday, was told on day 8 to do first scan - see how the follicles grow. Yours looks good, I think you should be able to do ER very soon!
Should be next week if shun shun...jia you ok! The phase for self-jabbing is coming to an end for me. Jia you jia you for you!

Thanks for all the love and concerns!
Kinda sianz to post on my updates cos it's like changing weather at every turn of the journey.
My detailed scan took 1hr+ then finally the sonographer located what he deems as a mass of cells (not sac).
By 1500-2000hcg levels, you are supposed to find a sac. I'm to retake beta tmr. If it's not doubling as it shd, then it's cfm a mass. If it's doubling, then do another detailed scan to see if can locate the sac or cfm if the mass is in fact the sac! To rule out ectopic, they couldn't locate any sac out of uterus too.
The thing is I have a long (unhappy) history with kkh with my earlier pregnancies. I hated early scans becos I have a high riding cervix. When still early, can't see from abdominal and seeing from below has its limitations becos the scope can only go that far. They always couldn't locate the sac and twice, I was misdiagnosed with ectopic and asked to do D&C the very night. Both times, I refused and preferred to wait out another 1-2 weeks before proceeding. And thanks God I did. And there was also 1 time, they could find the pregnancy sac the first time but during the second scan, they couldn't locate the sac anymore and found a mass instead and concluded I have lost the pregnancy. But my hcg came back doubling nicely then after referring to their senior consultant, they concurred that the mass is actually the sac. Sounds incredible ya... That's why I seriously hated all these early scans cos they put me thru a lot of unnecessary angst and worries. For myself only, I feel it's best to scan from ard 7-8 weeks cos bb is visible from the abdominal already. Sisters who don't have a high riding cervix, the sac should be seen/located without any issues

Stay positive dear! At least it is good to see that you are advocating for yourself as you could count on your own experience and knowing your own body. I also think it is a good suggestion to consider consulting a private gynae. Will continue rooting for you and growing bb, and that you will see hcg doubling nicely tmr. Jia you!

I just got the call and was told my beta is 2049.6!!!!
The nurse said she has ran thru the results with my doc, THH and he said one possible explanation for the drop then rise of hcg could be becos both embryos implanted, one did not stick but the other did. But before I could shout for joy, was told my doc is quite concerned abt the steep rise from 29 to 2049.6 and he would like to rule out molar pregnancy. Heading back to KKH now with heavy heart...

Woww that is a good news.... Jia you

Jia you . Will it be too risky to transfer at day 5 as it need to be cultive in the lab for 2-3 days . May I know how did you look for embryologist to talk too ?

Hi. I didn't plan to speak to the embryologist actually as at TFC it is never in the standard process for patients to consult embryologists beyond the brief updates on the progress of the eggs/ embryos development before embryo transfer. I was chatting to the nurse after drawing my blood and saw the embryologist pass by, at the spur of moment, I asked the nurse if I can talk to the embryologist. I think I caught the nurse by surprise too but she said of course, why not.

It was really impromptu but very insightful session. They sent the senior embryologist who came with my file on hand. Though she did not handle my latest ICSI, she did for my 2nd fresh. She answered my questions about the different sperm treatments for my previous and latest ICSI, explained how the best sperms were selected so sperm quality is never an issue for ICSI. She then addressed my doubts about my egg quality. While I know the gradings are there, it helps to hear from her explaining in more details what is seen in the pictures.

She also explained that as a general rule, they see at least 60-70% embryos survive thawing and this is really average. If the eggs/ D2 embryos are better quality, usually more will survive. If embryos degenerate or arrest at thawing, it is mostly due to quality rather than technique as vitrification freezing method is proven every effective. Based on those that survive, at least 50% will grow to blastocysts on average. In any case, at TFC, they will monitor daily and if the embryos are not growing as well, they may do an earlier transfer instead of waiting to grow till day 5 if patient does not have many embryos remaining. S'pore only allow 2 D5 blastocysts max. to be transferred so if more then 2, they will freeze again.

The common criteria across clinics for culturing embryos to D5 blastocyst is there is a good number of good mature eggs retrieved. Dr Loh SF's preference as a standard is to try D2 transfer first. I have done 4 D2 transfers and all BFN. For my last FET, my embryos survive according to the average rate but I did D3 transfer as I only had 1 frozen embryo left after 1st ICSI. Since now I have 10 frozen D2 embryos left, her opinion is to use 5 excellent grade to try culture to D5 provided Dr Loh also agrees. Fortunately Dr Loh also suggested the same so I didn't have to consider too much. The worst case is all cannot survive and I will be considering alternative ways to complete my family. I don't see how else I could do better to improve my egg quality as this round already seen the best results and I am not getting younger.

I do recommend to initiate to consult your embryologist as based on my experience, you learn a lot about the process which the doc will never share. Also you get a different perspective as well as a sense of confidence about your case directly from the embryologist.

Sorry I'm very long winded. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
It depends on how you see it.

My doctor initially told me to go for blastocyst because this would weed out the strong embryos from the weak, that I had 9 embryos which was a good number so she expected 3 - 4 to make it to blastocyst stage. She also said that blastocysts, being stronger, results in higher chances of pregnancy. I agreed and now I regret.

I had 24 eggs which became 9 viable embryos. Out of my 9 embryos, 6 were Grade 4 quality, 1 was Grade 3 and the last a Grade 2. 7 made it to become blastocysts by Day 5 but only 1 sufficiently suitable for transfer. So I transferred that good one and they observed the rest which were still growing. On day 6, the embryologist called to tell me the remaining 4 are turning dark, which is not a good sign. There were 2 which were fully developed to become blastocysts but they wanted to throw those away too because 'not growing at a pace that was quick enough' and hence, were unlikely to survive the freezing and thawing process. I was extremely upset. I had 24 freaking eggs and now I am effectively left with 1 blastocyst.

On hindsight, I should have taken a chance and transferred at Day 2 instead of Day 5. It would have been more inconvenient for me to try a few times but at least my embryos are given the natural environment to thrive and grow in. Now I will always wonder whether the lab's culture was good enough for my embryos and blastocysts. Whether my decision killed my good embryos which could possibly have made it in my womb's natural conditions.

My embryos were strong enough to become blastocysts so they were allegedly strong fighters. They were, however, slow developers. The lab could not keep them anymore because they don't have the technology to provide a suitable culture beyond Day 6 blastocysts. They also had not grown to a stage which could tolerate the technology currently used to freeze and thaw blastocysts. Had I just decided to go ahead with 2 embryos and freeze the rest of my viable embryos, I won't be left in my current predicament of having only 1 blastocyst left. If this blastie fails to stick, I am left with NOTHING.

In short, I am very upset with my own decision. The doctors and embryologists have their own interests and if theirs coincide with yours, good and fine. I accept that the doctor's advice is good if I am someone who wants a higher chance at pregnancy from this stage. However, given my desire to want this to be my very last cycle, I should have considered the tactical advantage of being able to freeze and use my embryos for future cycles.

I was also extremely put off by the embryologist, whom i think tried to shove her decision down my throat by repeatedly saying 'WE HAVE DECIDED not to freeze the blastocysts'. I was stunned and asked 'don't I have a say in this?'. She seemed taken aback by my question, stuttered a bit and finally conceded, 'yes, you do'. Despite her 'decision', I directed her to freeze the 2 fully developed blastocysts. They may not survive but I am being stubborn. I must at least try to save my blasties. I think the embryologist's approach was definitely not right in terms of respecting patient's rights and obtaining informed consent.

Littlemonkies, if your clinic/ hosp allows it, perhaps it is worth having a chat with the embryologist so that they can explain their suggested approach for your case. I used to have a lot of doubts about what's going on in the lab, why they discard my Grade 3 (grade 1 being best) embryos, how they decide which will not survive and hence should not be frozen, why different treatment of DH's sperms before ICSI etc. After I spoke to the embryologist, I am better informed and am more assured of the logic of many decisions/ actions taken by the embryologist and I learned to trust that their suggestions are to the patient's best interest.

No one wants to use ART to conceive and no one wants to have to endure more than 1 cycles of ART. I am a good example of having excellent/ good grade embryos for D2/ D3 transfers and have gone through 4 transfers (including 1 FET) yet still trying while time is increasingly not in my favour. When you are younger and have good number of mature eggs retrieved, the fact is you have a much higher chance with D5 blasties and even if this round not successful, don't beat yourself up for it and don't give up.

Stay positive and Jia you! :)

Last edited:
Littlemonkies, if your clinic/ hosp allows it, perhaps it is worth having a chat with the embryologist so that they can explain their suggested approach for your case. I used to have a lot of doubts about what's going on in the lab, why they discard my Grade 3 (grade 1 being best) embryos, how they decide which will not survive and hence should not be frozen, why different treatment of DH's sperms before ICSI etc. After I spoke to the embryologist, I am better informed and am more assured of the logic of many decisions/ actions taken by the embryologist and I learned to trust that their suggestions are to the patient's best interest.

No one wants to use ART to conceive and no one wants to have to endure more than 1 cycles of ART. I am a good example of having excellent/ good grade embryos for D2/ D3 transfers and have gone through 4 transfers (including 1 FET) yet still trying while time is increasingly not in my favour. When you are younger and have good number of mature eggs retrieved, the fact is you have a much higher chance with D5 blasties and even if this round not successful, don't beat yourself up for it and don't give up.

Stay positive and Jia you! :)
Thanks for the semi-counselling.

Truth be told, I'm probably just going through the 7 stages of grief... now probably it's still at anger? haha... hopefully I get to resignation and zen-ness soon. And hopefully beanie makes it... then this would all have been worth it.

It depends on how you see it.

My doctor initially told me to go for blastocyst because this would weed out the strong embryos from the weak, that I had 9 embryos which was a good number so she expected 3 - 4 to make it to blastocyst stage. She also said that blastocysts, being stronger, results in higher chances of pregnancy. I agreed and now I regret.

I had 24 eggs which became 9 viable embryos. Out of my 9 embryos, 6 were Grade 4 quality, 1 was Grade 3 and the last a Grade 2. 7 made it to become blastocysts by Day 5 but only 1 sufficiently suitable for transfer. So I transferred that good one and they observed the rest which were still growing. On day 6, the embryologist called to tell me the remaining 4 are turning dark, which is not a good sign. There were 2 which were fully developed to become blastocysts but they wanted to throw those away too because 'not growing at a pace that was quick enough' and hence, were unlikely to survive the freezing and thawing process. I was extremely upset. I had 24 freaking eggs and now I am effectively left with 1 blastocyst.

On hindsight, I should have taken a chance and transferred at Day 2 instead of Day 5. It would have been more inconvenient for me to try a few times but at least my embryos are given the natural environment to thrive and grow in. Now I will always wonder whether the lab's culture was good enough for my embryos and blastocysts. Whether my decision killed my good embryos which could possibly have made it in my womb's natural conditions.

My embryos were strong enough to become blastocysts so they were allegedly strong fighters. They were, however, slow developers. The lab could not keep them anymore because they don't have the technology to provide a suitable culture beyond Day 6 blastocysts. They also had not grown to a stage which could tolerate the technology currently used to freeze and thaw blastocysts. Had I just decided to go ahead with 2 embryos and freeze the rest of my viable embryos, I won't be left in my current predicament of having only 1 blastocyst left. If this blastie fails to stick, I am left with NOTHING.

In short, I am very upset with my own decision. The doctors and embryologists have their own interests and if theirs coincide with yours, good and fine. I accept that the doctor's advice is good if I am someone who wants a higher chance at pregnancy from this stage. However, given my desire to want this to be my very last cycle, I should have considered the tactical advantage of being able to freeze and use my embryos for future cycles.

I was also extremely put off by the embryologist, whom i think tried to shove her decision down my throat by repeatedly saying 'WE HAVE DECIDED not to freeze the blastocysts'. I was stunned and asked 'don't I have a say in this?'. She seemed taken aback by my question, stuttered a bit and finally conceded, 'yes, you do'. Despite her 'decision', I directed her to freeze the 2 fully developed blastocysts. They may not survive but I am being stubborn. I must at least try to save my blasties. I think the embryologist's approach was definitely not right in terms of respecting patient's rights and obtaining informed consent.
hi gal..i was reading silently and tot i comment a bit..i tried D2 embbies before which all was BFNs and only one time D3 embbies which BFP..i asked NUH prof wong b4 on why they encourage D3 embbies and not D2, he said actually there is a hurdle in a D2 embbie and after crossing that hurdle chances to survive is actually very high..so you might want to take note and try a D3 one next time..just dun blame yourself ok..we all learn thru this treatment..hugs

Thanks for the semi-counselling.

Truth be told, I'm probably just going through the 7 stages of grief... now probably it's still at anger? haha... hopefully I get to resignation and zen-ness soon. And hopefully beanie makes it... then this would all have been worth it.
You are very brave to come this far and it is very positive and healthy that you face your emotions truthfully. Super like :)
Will continue rooting for your blastie to take on your stubbornness and stick! Jia you!

hi gal..i was reading silently and tot i comment a bit..i tried D2 embbies before which all was BFNs and only one time D3 embbies which BFP..i asked NUH prof wong b4 on why they encourage D3 embbies and not D2, he said actually there is a hurdle in a D2 embbie and after crossing that hurdle chances to survive is actually very high..so you might want to take note and try a D3 one next time..just dun blame yourself ok..we all learn thru this treatment..hugs

Ya... next time it'd be Day 3. No more D5 for me.... I will freeze them all at D3.

Hi. I didn't plan to speak to the embryologist actually as at TFC it is never in the standard process for patients to consult embryologists beyond the brief updates on the progress of the eggs/ embryos development before embryo transfer. I was chatting to the nurse after drawing my blood and saw the embryologist pass by, at the spur of moment, I asked the nurse if I can talk to the embryologist. I think I caught the nurse by surprise too but she said of course, why not.

It was really impromptu but very insightful session. They sent the senior embryologist who came with my file on hand. Though she did not handle my latest ICSI, she did for my 2nd fresh. She answered my questions about the different sperm treatments for my previous and latest ICSI, explained how the best sperms were selected so sperm quality is never an issue for ICSI. She then addressed my doubts about my egg quality. While I know the gradings are there, it helps to hear from her explaining in more details what is seen in the pictures.

She also explained that as a general rule, they see at least 60-70% embryos survive thawing and this is really average. If the eggs/ D2 embryos are better quality, usually more will survive. If embryos degenerate or arrest at thawing, it is mostly due to quality rather than technique as vitrification freezing method is proven every effective. Based on those that survive, at least 50% will grow to blastocysts on average. In any case, at TFC, they will monitor daily and if the embryos are not growing as well, they may do an earlier transfer instead of waiting to grow till day 5 if patient does not have many embryos remaining. S'pore only allow 2 D5 blastocysts max. to be transferred so if more then 2, they will freeze again.

The common criteria across clinics for culturing embryos to D5 blastocyst is there is a good number of good mature eggs retrieved. Dr Loh SF's preference as a standard is to try D2 transfer first. I have done 4 D2 transfers and all BFN. For my last FET, my embryos survive according to the average rate but I did D3 transfer as I only had 1 frozen embryo left after 1st ICSI. Since now I have 10 frozen D2 embryos left, her opinion is to use 5 excellent grade to try culture to D5 provided Dr Loh also agrees. Fortunately Dr Loh also suggested the same so I didn't have to consider too much. The worst case is all cannot survive and I will be considering alternative ways to complete my family. I don't see how else I could do better to improve my egg quality as this round already seen the best results and I am not getting younger.

I do recommend to initiate to consult your embryologist as based on my experience, you learn a lot about the process which the doc will never share. Also you get a different perspective as well as a sense of confidence about your case directly from the embryologist.

Thank your reply . It do help me. That is why I am thinking of Day 3 transfer next round FET. Thinking my Embryo can't survive in the lab for 2 more days .
It is better to put into womb first . At least have have warm and nice environment to stay.

Its good to talk to embrylogist. I often get a different insight from them too based on e individual conditions. They can even tell u yr eggs got dark patches,hard to inject etc. Doc cant tell u that

Does Dr Balaji handle e icsi procedure or is it all by e female nurses?

Glad to hear that male factor is not e case for yours ,at least 1 factor is out. guess male factor only affect those with severe sperm problems. Hope nobody will encounter this. Its more tough to treat than female problems

Its good to talk to embrylogist. I often get a different insight from them too based on e individual conditions. They can even tell u yr eggs got dark patches,hard to inject etc. Doc cant tell u that

Does Dr Balaji handle e icsi procedure or is it all by e female nurses?

Glad to hear that male factor is not e case for yours ,at least 1 factor is out. guess male factor only affect those with severe sperm problems. Hope nobody will encounter this. Its more tough to treat than female problems

Hi Connie. Dr Balaji handled my 1st fresh ICSI so i think it's not fixed and they work as a team while one embryologist will be assigned for each specific cycle and you may have different embryologists across cycles.

ICSI is the only option for dealing with sperms issue and the process enables the best sperm to be selected for insemination. It is still dependent on the source pool of sperms. As I understand there is a huge dependency on egg quality to compensate for sperm issues to certain extent, I'm thinking if cant work using ICSI with my own eggs and if even so with donor eggs, then it really is too severe sperm issues so no choice then perhaps consider adoption.

Let's not lose hope! Must stay positive and jia you!

Hi ladies!

I have been staying away from this forum for almost a year. Sadly I'm back. I need some advice if someone can help me. I made appt with Dr Loh at TMC in mid Oct. May I know if there is a great difference in the charges in his TFC clinic and TMC clinic? And what other difference (beside waiting time) is there? I am not eligible for grant or Medisave as I have gone thru 3 failed ICSI in SGH and 2 failed IUI. Why does he go to 2 clinics anyway? Thanks!

Congrats to those who BFP recently and jia you to all of us who are still trying very hard. It's sometimes heartbreaking :(

Hi ladies!

I have been staying away from this forum for almost a year. Sadly I'm back. I need some advice if someone can help me. I made appt with Dr Loh at TMC in mid Oct. May I know if there is a great difference in the charges in his TFC clinic and TMC clinic? And what other difference (beside waiting time) is there? I am not eligible for grant or Medisave as I have gone thru 3 failed ICSI in SGH and 2 failed IUI. Why does he go to 2 clinics anyway? Thanks!

Congrats to those who BFP recently and jia you to all of us who are still trying very hard. It's sometimes heartbreaking :(
Hi oceangal. ART treatments are performed at TFC and Dr Loh works at TFC in the morning only. All other gynae & ob services are performed at his O&G Specialist clinic at TMC where he works in the afternoon only.

I initially consulted him at O&G clinic but after tests confirmed ICSI is the next option for us, we were 'transferred' to TFC. All patients who successfully achieve pregnancy at TFC will 'graduate' from TFC to consult an OB of their choice so they can continue to see Dr Loh as OB at his O&G clinic or see other OB docs elsewhere.

Consultation charges are $10 more each time at TFC compared to O&G Specialist clinic. Otherwise services, treatment & medication are different so can't really compare.

Waiting time and comfort wise, TFC is way much better than his O&G Clinic. I find his staff esp receptionists at his O&G Clinic quite inefficient & disorganized & can get on my nerves. At TFC the nurses & admin are more approachable, helpful and empathic.

Hi oceangal. ART treatments are performed at TFC and Dr Loh works at TFC in the morning only. All other gynae & ob services are performed at his O&G Specialist clinic at TMC where he works in the afternoon only.

I initially consulted him at O&G clinic but after tests confirmed ICSI is the next option for us, we were 'transferred' to TFC. All patients who successfully achieve pregnancy at TFC will 'graduate' from TFC to consult an OB of their choice so they can continue to see Dr Loh as OB at his O&G clinic or see other OB docs elsewhere.

Consultation charges are $10 more each time at TFC compared to O&G Specialist clinic. Otherwise services, treatment & medication are different so can't really compare.

Waiting time and comfort wise, TFC is way much better than his O&G Clinic. I find his staff esp receptionists at his O&G Clinic quite inefficient & disorganized & can get on my nerves. At TFC the nurses & admin are more approachable, helpful and empathic.
Ladies can I have a ballpark figure of how much it costs to have a round of ICSI with Dr. Loh? I understand it probably differs from person to person, but just asking for an average?

Hi Connie. Dr Balaji handled my 1st fresh ICSI so i think it's not fixed and they work as a team while one embryologist will be assigned for each specific cycle and you may have different embryologists across cycles.

ICSI is the only option for dealing with sperms issue and the process enables the best sperm to be selected for insemination. It is still dependent on the source pool of sperms. As I understand there is a huge dependency on egg quality to compensate for sperm issues to certain extent, I'm thinking if cant work using ICSI with my own eggs and if even so with donor eggs, then it really is too severe sperm issues so no choice then perhaps consider adoption.

Another option for dealing with sperm problem is PICSI. My Dr offered me this option. She said it's a few hundred dollars more than ICSI...

Ladies.. I'm getting very worried .. Supposed to go for my first scan on 6 Oct but today I have quite a lot of light brownish discharge that soaked thru my pantyliner and even a few wipes of toilet tissue... Got a feeling that I'm miscarrying ... Now I'm lying down with my legs lifted up and feeling a bit helpless..

Oh I see then i should see him at TFC then. Problem is hubby usually can't go in the morning. Anyway will sort that out.

Thanks DawnBB :)

Ladies.. I'm getting very worried .. Supposed to go for my first scan on 6 Oct but today I have quite a lot of light brownish discharge that soaked thru my pantyliner and even a few wipes of toilet tissue... Got a feeling that I'm miscarrying ... Now I'm lying down with my legs lifted up and feeling a bit helpless..

Why dont go see gynae now?

Thks dawnbb and mybaby 73 fo e info.

Dawnbb, sperms got different treatment ?

Thks dawnbb and mybaby 73 fo e info.

Dawnbb, sperms got different treatment ?

Hello Connie. Your are welcome!
The SA report for my 2nd and 3rd ICSI stated 'wash+mini swim up' and 'direct swim up' respectively so I asked the embryologist.

If the sperm sample has below normal count & volume, sperm washing is done to help remove debris so as to get better concentration of sperms. It involves centrifugation which however may produce oxidative stress that may damage sperm function. To counter this, a swim up is then done where the healthiest and most motile sperms after the wash are allowed to swim out of the semen and the most morphologically normal looking sperms are selected from this batch based on visual observation.

As the sperms for the 3rd ICSI had improved to ideal beyond normal but motility borderline pass, they feel not washing is better and just select from sperms that could swim out of the semen naturally.

@cherying, thanks. I read about PICSI. Will ask dr about it.

Ladies can I have a ballpark figure of how much it costs to have a round of ICSI with Dr. Loh? I understand it probably differs from person to person, but just asking for an average?
Average 15k more or less dependent on protocol, amount of med and number of scans/consultations. This average estimate covers ER package for up to 15 total eggs retrieved. Beyond 15 eggs, every 5 eggs add $250. Also if you have more embryos to freeze, more cost for freezing.

@hopes U are with KKH right? If yes, go down to KKH O&G (24 hours clinic). like what @jkoh mention spotting is common in first trimester. don't worry too much k. rest well. :)

Do go to a gynae else go to Kkh O&G and request for additional jab

I too had spotting before had my first scan. Popped by Kkh O&G to check.

Hello Connie. Your are welcome!
The SA report for my 2nd and 3rd ICSI stated 'wash+mini swim up' and 'direct swim up' respectively so I asked the embryologist.

If the sperm sample has below normal count & volume, sperm washing is done to help remove debris so as to get better concentration of sperms. It involves centrifugation which however may produce oxidative stress that may damage sperm function. To counter this, a swim up is then done where the healthiest and most motile sperms after the wash are allowed to swim out of the semen and the most morphologically normal looking sperms are selected from this batch based on visual observation.

As the sperms for the 3rd ICSI had improved to ideal beyond normal but motility borderline pass, they feel not washing is better and just select from sperms that could swim out of the semen naturally.

@cherying, thanks. I read about PICSI. Will ask dr about it.
Dear dawnbb, thanks very much. This is very helpful information! Muacks! :)

Average 15k more or less dependent on protocol, amount of med and number of scans/consultations. This average estimate covers ER package for up to 15 total eggs retrieved. Beyond 15 eggs, every 5 eggs add $250. Also if you have more embryos to freeze, more cost for freezing.
Thanks very much Dawn!

It would seem like if we don't take into account subsidy, the cost at TMC isn't all that much different from KK's. The playing field probably more than level out if you take into account the difference in waiting time, attention given to your individual cases etc. If I were to go next time, I would prob go with Dr. Loh.

Hi, anyone tried GNC triple cod liver oil before?
Hi Eggcatcher. I would recommend to eat fish oil instead of cod liver oil due to higher amount of contaminants and too high vit A & D. The latter could be excessive and dangerous esp if you are already taking prenatal or multivitamins supplement. Pregnant ladies are advised against taking cod liver oil. You may also want to consult your doc in your case when u next hv the chance.

All the best!

Cod Liver Oil Vs. Fish Oil Capsules in Pregnancy
Because cod liver oil contain high levels of vitamins A and D and is more likely to contain PCBs and other contaminants, pregnant women should avoid taking it. Consuming too much vitamin A during pregnancy can cause a number of birth defects, including malformation of the eyes, heart and skull. Fish oil capsules are safer during pregnancy; they provide the same omega-3, without the risk of overdosing on fat-soluble vitamins or harming the fetus with contaminants.​

Hi Ladies,

Just wanna ask if anyone of you had experience having AF just 3 days after cancelled FET?

Right after the nurse rang me that i dont have usable embryo and my FET would be abandon she told me to stop taking progyNOVA(estradiol valerate) and so i did. Then after 3days got my menses, it should be due on the 15th of october in my usual cycle but now it just 4th of oct.

TIA

Hi Ladies,

Just wanna ask if anyone of you had experience having AF just 3 days after cancelled FET?

Right after the nurse rang me that i dont have usable embryo and my FET would be abandon she told me to stop taking progyNOVA(estradiol valerate) and so i did. Then after 3days got my menses, it should be due on the 15th of october in my usual cycle but now it just 4th of oct.

TIA
Yes its normal for yr af to come soon after you stop taking the medications..

Hi Eggcatcher. I would recommend to eat fish oil instead of cod liver oil due to higher amount of contaminants and too high vit A & D. The latter could be excessive and dangerous esp if you are already taking prenatal or multivitamins supplement. Pregnant ladies are advised against taking cod liver oil. You may also want to consult your doc in your case when u next hv the chance.

All the best!

Cod Liver Oil Vs. Fish Oil Capsules in Pregnancy
Because cod liver oil contain high levels of vitamins A and D and is more likely to contain PCBs and other contaminants, pregnant women should avoid taking it. Consuming too much vitamin A during pregnancy can cause a number of birth defects, including malformation of the eyes, heart and skull. Fish oil capsules are safer during pregnancy; they provide the same omega-3, without the risk of overdosing on fat-soluble vitamins or harming the fetus with contaminants.​
@DawnBB , Thanks for the info, will take note...:) Jiayou together!

Hi Ladies,

TIA
@Camilla008, yes somehow the med is controlling our cycle, so if not Preg, Af will come after stopped all med...don worry ok

Hi sisters,

Understand a lot of sisters take Coq during the IVF cycle . Any sisters are takeing the GNC prenatal supplement ,there are 3 bottles including one bottle of DHA. I still have one set with me now, should I continue to take or change to Coq instead ?

Hi Ladies,

TIA
My af came 5 days after OR. My ET was also cancelled. So it was only 21 days for that cycle wheras my usual is 28...

Back