IVF/ICSI Support Group

I've been silent for awhile. Saw your post and really happy for you.

Maybe I'm pessimistic, but I think I will never have my own biological children in my lifetime... I know cos 2 doctors I've seen is talking abt egg donor as an option...

I did my prayers... Somehow they were never answered... I feel very frustrated and upset abt myself... I feel useless cos I can't start my own family... Never one of my 4 cycles worked...

It's never easy to step in here again. Everytime I see posts of follicle numbers I am so envy. Well, I have low AMH so it's really hard to get embryos. To add on, I have severe endo....My response to jabs is very very poor. Even if have embryo, none is fated to become my child so far ....

Kinda accepted the cruel fact. Gonna try for another 1 or 2 cycles before gg for donor option. I hope sisters here can help me to brave on my journey.
Dear tsf0205,

I can understand that it has not been an easy journey for you, but please stay positive. You know whatever we think in our minds, will keep remaining the same. If you think pessimistic, everything will seem so. Let go of the past, look forward and tell yourself to muster enough courage to go through the next cycle. Think positive, think happy thoughts, take some time out to do things you enjoy doing, pamper yourself. Life is short, what's most important is that you did your best in the last few cycles, if it failed perhaps it wasn't meant to be during those times.

Look forward, and give it another shot for the next cycle, you can do it! Jia you, hugs!

I went back to work after 6 days from ET..kkh nurse said can put 3 in the morning and 3 in the night.
How many days HL have you requested ?
I plan to return work 1 week after ET, I take 2 per time and 3 times a day . Did you insert the gel in the morning , just a few hours before ET ?

Think you can drink until ET...cos you need it to thicken the lining...
Haha towkayneo, just like eating egg whites, eat everyday :p

Red bean soup also drink everyday? Lining too thick also not good right?

What stage are you in right now? I am in stimm stage 1 Lucrin, waiting for next scan this week to determine if I can get the next dose of injections.

Feeling down! I ovulate too early this time and my lining not thick enough to do FET. Given medicine for next FET to thicken my lining. I can't sleep well ever since my last scan on Friday. Worry about my lining and ovulate early. This really happen now! And still have to pay 300plus for the 2 scan. Sigh...

Haha towkayneo, just like eating egg whites, eat everyday :p

Red bean soup also drink everyday? Lining too thick also not good right?

What stage are you in right now? I am in stimm stage 1 Lucrin, waiting for next scan this week to determine if I can get the next dose of injections.

1 bowl of red bean soup per day should be ok - if your lining is normal - thick, then maybe can opt out. But if lining on the thin side, then maybe should drink...optimal is 11-12mm triple?

I am going for the 2nd scan tomorrow...after 3 ganirelix jabs and 5 puregon jabs

1 bowl of red bean soup per day should be ok - if your lining is normal - thick, then maybe can opt out. But if lining on the thin side, then maybe should drink...optimal is 11-12mm triple?

I am going for the 2nd scan tomorrow...after 3 ganirelix jabs and 5 puregon jabs
Good luck and all the best for tomorrow!

I am getting quite 'sick' when I see egg whites everyday! Closed my eyes to eat 2 egg whites daily...

Hi everyone. I'm back!

I postponed my IVF treatment since April 2015. I went for IUI treatment x 2 times but it didn't work. I changed my IVF appointment to September and now I am here to join everyone in this page. I had my first ultrasound scan and first injection this morning in KK hospital. The scan result was good, everything was ok, so I was able to start my injection from today day one. My husband will jab for me every day as I am very scared of needles.

Hi everyone. I'm back!

I postponed my IVF treatment since April 2015. I went for IUI treatment x 2 times but it didn't work. I changed my IVF appointment to September and now I am here to join everyone in this page. I had my first ultrasound scan and first injection this morning in KK hospital. The scan result was good, everything was ok, so I was able to start my injection from today day one. My husband will jab for me every day as I am very scared of needles.

Jiayou! Soon you wouldn't even blink when you see a needle.

Hi everyone. I'm back!

All the best!

Hi everyone. I'm back!

welcome to the club again!

Hi all..

I am new here. Would like to share my encounter and like to hear from many others trying hard on this route..

I just had my 1st FAILED ivf. Sob....

Injections on max dose 450. Only managed to achieve 1 matured follicle. Lining achieved 8mm in day 7.
During this period, daily i had
- 4 egg whites
- red bean soup
- folic acid
- durian
- ensure milk
- longan red dates drink
- tcm accupunture

Thankfully, my only 1 follicle survived to 1 nice embryo.

After ET, daily i had
- 4 egg whites
- red bean soup
- ensure milk
- 2 brazil nuts
- 1 chicken essence
- longan red dates drink

Cramps started after day 7. Felt v bloated and tired during the 2ww. AF came 1 day earlier than the scheduled blood test. Terribly disappointed...

However, life still has to go on. I will be going for my 2nd cycle. But rather worried as my ovaries are not able to perform despite max doses of injections.

Any ttc ladies had the same encounter or eating/ trying anything else to achieve higher chance of success.....

BT done this morning. Negative result for this fet. Sob but still need to move on to 2nd fresh. My review with Dr THH is in early nov. Any ladies know if it is normal for the review to be scheduled so late?

Feeling down! I ovulate too early this time and my lining not thick enough to do FET. Given medicine for next FET to thicken my lining. I can't sleep well ever since my last scan on Friday. Worry about my lining and ovulate early. This really happen now! And still have to pay 300plus for the 2 scan. Sigh...
jia you jia you! Don't think too much or worry too much.

Just do it.

Hi all..

I am new here. Would like to share my encounter and like to hear from many others trying hard on this route..

I just had my 1st FAILED ivf. Sob....

Injections on max dose 450. Only managed to achieve 1 matured follicle. Lining achieved 8mm in day 7.
During this period, daily i had
- 4 egg whites
- red bean soup
- folic acid
- durian
- ensure milk
- longan red dates drink
- tcm accupunture

Thankfully, my only 1 follicle survived to 1 nice embryo.

After ET, daily i had
- 4 egg whites
- red bean soup
- ensure milk
- 2 brazil nuts
- 1 chicken essence
- longan red dates drink

Cramps started after day 7. Felt v bloated and tired during the 2ww. AF came 1 day earlier than the scheduled blood test. Terribly disappointed...

However, life still has to go on. I will be going for my 2nd cycle. But rather worried as my ovaries are not able to perform despite max doses of injections.

Any ttc ladies had the same encounter or eating/ trying anything else to achieve higher chance of success.....
*Hugs* You are incredibly brave. Don't be worried. Just go.

BT done this morning. Negative result for this fet. Sob but still need to move on to 2nd fresh. My review with Dr THH is in early nov. Any ladies know if it is normal for the review to be scheduled so late?
@twinkletot *hugs* rest well yr body n prep for the nxt cycle..

Think now its to wait for the arrival of af...heard its best to rest after a failed fet so tt our body can recuperate though..=)

Hi littlemonkies, how are you? ET done already?
Hope everything goes well with you , good luck . Hope to hear your good news soon. Jia you .....

Just finished... now busy bossing my husband around from my bed.... since we are enforcing 'at-least-5-day-in-bed' rule. :D

I only had one 'nice' blastocyst which was ready for implantation today. There are another 2 - 3 embies which made it to become blastocysts but they are still looking '50/50' according to embryologist. I am praying very hard that my little blastie digs into my lining soon, and that my other blasties grow well over the next 2 days to qualify for freezing.

Lying in bed is sooooooo hard right?

Helo will be having my day 10 scan tml for my lst FET. any advise for FET to look out for? Not sure the procedure as well. TIA

Last edited:
Just received the tax invoice for my 1st fresh cycle. It's $12,991. Wow! Didn't expect it to be this much as I didn't proceed with ET. But I did freeze my embryos. If Dr let me proceed with my ET then i would need to fork out like 2k+ so maybe it's better for my pocket that this cycle was 'abandoned'...
Paisay. Just want to rant a bit cos hb nt around 4 me to nag on this matter...
@cherylng yes, each fresh cycle is around $15K! But you are using govt co-funding and medisave right? Or this is already after the deductions?

Just finished... now busy bossing my husband around from my bed.... since we are enforcing 'at-least-5-day-in-bed' rule. :D

I only had one 'nice' blastocyst which was ready for implantation today. There are another 2 - 3 embies which made it to become blastocysts but they are still looking '50/50' according to embryologist. I am praying very hard that my little blastie digs into my lining soon, and that my other blasties grow well over the next 2 days to qualify for freezing.

Keep yourself nice and warm but dont use hot water bottles or warmer. Wear socks in bed and if your flooring is non-wood. Burn candles etc to relax yourself.

Get a nice good book or watch dramas. I pretty much sit at home the first week also and can die of boredom.. lol! :)

Keep yourself nice and warm but dont use hot water bottles or warmer. Wear socks in bed and if your flooring is non-wood. Burn candles etc to relax yourself.

Get a nice good book or watch dramas. I pretty much sit at home the first week also and can die of boredom.. lol! :)

Thanks sister! I will definitely listen to you! Must wear socks? can just use slippers in the house?

I've been silent for awhile. Saw your post and really happy for you.

Maybe I'm pessimistic, but I think I will never have my own biological children in my lifetime... I know cos 2 doctors I've seen is talking abt egg donor as an option...

I did my prayers... Somehow they were never answered... I feel very frustrated and upset abt myself... I feel useless cos I can't start my own family... Never one of my 4 cycles worked...

It's never easy to step in here again. Everytime I see posts of follicle numbers I am so envy. Well, I have low AMH so it's really hard to get embryos. To add on, I have severe endo....My response to jabs is very very poor. Even if have embryo, none is fated to become my child so far ....

Kinda accepted the cruel fact. Gonna try for another 1 or 2 cycles before gg for donor option. I hope sisters here can help me to brave on my journey.
tsf0205 Jiayou!

Jia you littlemonkies! Stay positive and talk to your blastie everyday. Good luck and all the best!
Hugsss

How many days HL have you requested ?
I plan to return work 1 week after ET, I take 2 per time and 3 times a day . Did you insert the gel in the morning , just a few hours before ET ?
I didn't use HL. Took annual leave instead. Didnt want office pple to know abt it. Mine is the pill. So i put 3 pills in the morning say 645am and rest on bed for 30 mins. Then again 3 pills at 730pm (cos that is the earliest time i can reach home)

Good luck gal!!!
Just stay on bed and watch korea drama =)

Hugs.. Dont give up. Just relax and wait for the BT. I understand is easy to comfort you but difficult to control the saddness in the heart. Just like me. I tested everyday and every time is single line. There was a few occasions i knee down and pray for double lines.. I keep asking myself why so difficult to get pregnant.. I just want a child....

My BT is on Thur but cos is a Day 5 blastocyst, my TCM says i can test on Sat and Sun....

This is my last embryo which means i have to start fresh again. I really have to salute to those who did fresh IVF. It is indeed a difficult journey.
Don't Give up and stay Positive! Jia you!

I re-started my 2nd fresh IVF cycle in Sept and is at my 2WW. The cycle is not the scary part but the dissapointment. My 1st cycle went well with twins but suffered a miscarriage at 8 wks during 12 wk scan ( babies stopped growing at 8 week). This was devastating. But, I am looking forward for the results on 5 Oct.

Sad to say, both my IVF cycles ended with 0 frozen embryos even if I have 6-7 fertilized embryos at Day 1. Both cycle I've transferred 2 embryos and hopefully this time round miracle happens for my HB n me.........

Jia You Ladies!

I think the bulk of it is the ER right? *sigh* But good thing you have some embryos frozen so no need to repeat the fresh cycle again so soon.
Yah. My bill is as attached. Took me some time to analyse it. Haha. Like what u said, OR is the most 'expensive procedure'...
Hopefully I am able to do 2 fet. Don't know want to do fresh again ma cos i will b 40 next yr...

Attachments

• 1443436757958.jpg
    1443436757958.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 188
@cherylng yes, each fresh cycle is around $15K! But you are using govt co-funding and medisave right? Or this is already after the deductions?
Yap. I have govt co-fund + medisave. So need to top up about 1k cash after all the deduction. But was thinking if I had ET, then I would have to fork out more cash liao. Think sgh really more expensive as compared to kkh & nuh...

Thank you sweetie! I will definitely do that. Emotions overwhelmed when I saw my blastie on the screen earlier. Couldn't help tearing.

How are you now? When is your 2ww up?
Hi dearie. I'll be lying if I say I'm not anxious. 10dp2dt now. BT on 3 Oct. Went for acupuncture this morn and then just laze around at home trying to not think about it.

Don't Give up and stay Positive! Jia you!

I re-started my 2nd fresh IVF cycle in Sept and is at my 2WW. The cycle is not the scary part but the dissapointment. My 1st cycle went well with twins but suffered a miscarriage at 8 wks during 12 wk scan ( babies stopped growing at 8 week). This was devastating. But, I am looking forward for the results on 5 Oct.

Sad to say, both my IVF cycles ended with 0 frozen embryos even if I have 6-7 fertilized embryos at Day 1. Both cycle I've transferred 2 embryos and hopefully this time round miracle happens for my HB n me.........

Jia You Ladies!
Stay positive! Jia you & all the best to you

Back